• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is there no footsteps in this game? I can't hear anyone other than myself, yet people seem to react to my footsteps.

legacyzero

Banned
I really dig Momentum right now. It reminds of me the old Day of Defeat games on Steam.
Ah I forgot about that one.

What exactly does the Sonics Exo ability in the campaign do? Aside from the audio becoming muted, I can never tell. Is it like a portable Mute Charge.

if you go within a certain proximity to your enemies, it hurts their auditory senses and stuns them. You can tell if it affects them.

Toa TAK

Banned
ejYHd6H.jpg

Target, right?

Mine does the same.

Anyone complaining about the lack of "map control" either needs to find a clan, learn the maps/weapons/equipment, or improve as a team.

First few matches i played as a clan didn't go well half of the time, but learning the maps and playing as a team you can DEF control a map! You might not be able to stop every door/pathway but that is not map control. You'll be able to work as a team and deny territory, monitor spawns and force them where you want... if you're a solid team. One guy/gal can't control the map with a group of pubs.

Joyful

Is there no footsteps in this game? I can't hear anyone other than myself, yet people seem to react to my footsteps.

exo mute is a pretty early level ability that mutes footsteps(but not exo sounds)
they are probably using it as it lasts a long time energy wise

Decent headset?

I'm noticing footsetps just fine. Not to the level of some of the previous sound-whoring-levels in CoD but easily detected. I can also REALLY hear enemies exo suits. That, to me... is the new footstep to listen for.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I need to start playing with people from here. Last night after a horrible stretch I took a break for a bit, came back and was doing much better in terms of K/D. But it seems like every team I got put on there would just be me an one other person with double digit kills where everyone else could barely break 6 kills and we would get absolutely crushed. Never really had this many lopsided matches in a COD before.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
As much as I'm enjoying the game, I don't think I'll ever buy another CoD at release until dedicated servers are confirmed. I don't see how a studio can get away with announcing that they'll have them, and then not use them. There has to be something else going on.

Toa TAK

Banned
Audiomachine and Harry Gregon-Willaims are a match made in heaven. <3

Soundtrack is amazing, it's a shame it gets tuned out in the actual single player.

Rainy Dog

Goddamn it still in flux that i bought the US version and can't use any of the content i bought over to my EU PSN account. So dumb of me that i can't buy it for a second time on my EU account because they region locked the content between accounts.

What content? I bought the US digital pro version and I've got the Atlas Gorge map and can play on my UK account just fine.

Do you mean the golden guns and bonus supply drops and stuff?

BigShow36

Really? That bothers you?

Just the general attitude of being generally insulted at the most ridiculous things that is so pervasive in society? Yes, that bothers me.

Who gives a rats ass if Target wants to imply that CoD players enjoy Doritos and Mt. Dew?

NHale

So hipfire is completely worthless in this game. I can be 0,5m away from the enemy and have him occupy 50% of the screen but hipfiring results in 0 hit markers.

There is stupid and then there is this (unless it's lag induced). I like ADS but there are situations were hipfire should always be the better way to fight. Instead Sledgehammer decided to nerf it it seems.

Pastry

Banned
Not enjoying this so far. Hope it grows on me but right now I just can't wait for the last BF4 maps. I want CoD4 back. I want an HD remake of CoD4 I think.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I'll use this to supplement BF4 multiplayer but I just don't find it engaging enough. Games go by super quick, maps are too small so you spawn on each other and everyone dies too fast.

v1lla21

So hipfire is completely worthless in this game. I can be 0,5m away from the enemy and have him occupy 50% of the screen but hipfiring results in 0 hit markers.

There is stupid and then there is this (unless it's lag induced). I like ADS but there are situations were hipfire should always be the better way to fight. Instead Sledgehammer decided to nerf it it seems.
What gun and attachments are you using? I've gotten many kills from hipfiring. It's useful when extrenely close. Laser sight is good for hip firing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Decent headset?

I'm noticing footsetps just fine. Not to the level of some of the previous sound-whoring-levels in CoD but easily detected. I can also REALLY hear enemies exo suits. That, to me... is the new footstep to listen for.

Using a Sennheiser headset on PC and I can't hear anything, I've never had this problem before.

I have no idea what is going on with the loot/supply drop system in this game. Some of the items you only get temporarily?

Do they all have stat boosts?

Top Bottom