• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

PC patch details...

Black Ops II PC Updates
Posted by pcdev on 16-Nov-2012 15:58
Call of Duty: Black Ops II PC Updates

November 16, 2012
Server connectivity improvements
Fix for transmission errors during League Play
Fix: crashing when running with no Audio device
Fix: error when going into the sound options menu with no sound device
Make sure laptops with both integrated and Nvidia GPUs always switch to the Nvidia GPU. This will fix bad performance, ability to join matches, and possible crashes
Multi GPU performance improvements
Livestreaming improvements
Fixed freeze if the player tries to change graphics options after rendering a movie or live streaming
Speed up going into Options menu in some cases
Fix: Various additional errors, crashes, and other compatibility issues

Ryck

My internet was down so I was messing around with the local settings. It seems that the Turbine map disappeared from local mp. I am sure it was there before.

(ps3 version of course -_-)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
On a more humorous note, I find it highly amusing that with Black Ops 2 there's now a level with beer drinking in Call of Duty.

It is the ultimate bro game series now.

Sent you an invite. Clan name is NGAF (since the 360 clan took GAF before I could last year :p). It was GAF! before BO2, but treyarch made it so special characters aren't recognized by elite. Hopefully they fix that.

Sweet thanx... I usually work till 1:30am (central) :-/ so I'm not on till latee

Aoy discussion on whether the multiplayer gx have seen a downgrade from BO1? It seems so to me. I can understand if true, the gameplay is alot smoother then the laggy feeling of BO1 on occasion.

Mikey Jr.

Fuck, anyone know how to make a good Canadian flag in emblem creator?

I'm trying, but its coming out like ass. I really wish I could zoom in.

clear31

i'm playing the campaign and not really enjoying it so far. I'm up to the third level currently and will keep playing because the Halo 4 campaign didnt get good to me till around half way.

Hopefully, this gets better as well

Pingoreous

Damn the 3 times the game has crashed on me i keep having to restore my Hard drive on ps3. I think am gonna uninstall the game. I don't want a catastrophic corrupted Hard drive.

Jack_AG

Banned
Would you want to go home and play the game you just spent 2 hours making?

They really should have a couple of employees whose entire job it is to listen to the community and actually play the game, though.
But... they can look at metrics! Who needs to play?

i'm playing the campaign and not really enjoying it so far. I'm up to the third level currently and will keep playing because the Halo 4 campaign didnt get good to me till around half way.

Hopefully, this gets better as well

I can't say I really enjoyed it. The story did pick up around half way through which brought some amusement but it goes all over the place at the end, and then the grenade spam kicks in too (on Hardened). Skipped the Strike Missions too, gameplay just doesn't work.

I cringed to death at the extra scene after the credits. I can't even listen to that muck, nevermind watch a cringey animated version.

Jack_AG

Banned
Loving this so much. Also, I fucking hate quickscopers.
Taking a look at my total deaths on the elite website - so far i've only been killed 3 times by sniper fire. The most deaths being SMGs (varied by type) and it would seem the 25 is the only AR to break into triple digits - the other ARs never went higher than 23.

According to my deaths - everyone makes love to my face with SMGs.

nOoblet16

I have nothing but good things to say about the campaign, it's so well done and good story too.
Some of the later levels are just crazy with their scale and attention the detail, the branching storyline is handled well.

Also I have to say this, the game looks great. Yes comparatively the rendering tech is comparatively simple to the graphical heavyweights, but at the pace it plays one couldn't be arsed with those when the overall look and feel is so sleek and amazing, also it shits on most shooters as far as minor attention to detail goes. I actually like the campaign far more than Halo 4.

Tokubetsu

Anyone know how to force fxaa through nvidia inspector for this instead of in-game? Don't ask, just help me to do this brehs.

AN-94 is GODLIIIIIIIIIIKE! holy shit! lol

Yeah I've been using it and I like it so far. I think it is better than the SCAR which I thought had way too much recoil but with the AK, if you know how to use it, very nice stuff.

Similar to the one from BLOPS.

Jack_AG

Banned
I have to say that this game really makes me tentative for new game purchases. How can a franchise that makes this much money be so damn broken at launch?

I sure as shit hope that games will offer separate purchases for SP/MP/Modes and that the MP specifically gives you 72hours of free play as a demo so you know exactly what you are getting into when you plop down 60 bucks, lag comp, shit spawns and all.

I am getting closer and closer to pulling the fucking plug on gaming - especially milked franchises.

Nome

I have to say that this game really makes me tentative for new game purchases. How can a franchise that makes this much money be so damn broken at launch?

I sure as shit hope that games will offer separate purchases for SP/MP/Modes and that the MP specifically gives you 72hours of free play as a demo so you know exactly what you are getting into when you plop down 60 bucks, lag comp, shit spawns and all.

I am getting closer and closer to pulling the fucking plug on gaming - especially milked franchises.
Probably because the bulk of the budget goes to marketing, not development.

nOoblet16

You didn't bother to learn the maps then, because it was very possible to lock down maps in both of those games on most maps.
I'll disagree considering I am doing far better in this game than I did in MW3 or MW2 even after hours of gametime. I am finding my performance to be similar to BLOPS1 and MW1.

Notice how nuketown is now on its second game and still has horrible spawns.
Nuketown being in it's 2nd iteration doesn't means anything, considering COD's respawn works in a way where you respawn around your teammates. Spawn system has nothing to do with Nuketown's problem, the map itself is just too small of a map to not spawn near an enemy.

When you can get to the enemy's spawn in under ten seconds...and there are 6 people on each team...do the math.
Maybe I am playing a different game but reaching enemy spawn in 10 seconds or even 20 is an exaggeration. Meltdown is a big map, Turbine is quite big too (reminds me of Afghan) and so is Overflow.

Also, there's this concept called improvement and increased expectations. When something clearly sucks in an old iteration, you should expect it not to exist in the new one. This is the entire point in creating a safe iteration of something: iterative improvments on a formula. Your expectations should align, not the "but other games..." excuses. But other games is an argument against this iteration, not for it.
Nuketown is a fun and non serious map, I like it...not because it's a well laid out map but because it's so small for a multiplayer game that it's fun to watch the spawn system and the game balance fall apart which leads to lots of random kills. Shipment and Rust served the same purpose. You'd be wrong to assume that people don't like playing on these maps, even I enjoy playing on these maps and I'm usually serious while playing multiplayer.

Probably because the bulk of the budget goes to the 360 version, not development.

Fixed. 4 days annd the freezing issue is still present. It's like Skyrim all over again - media outlets giving the PS3 version high marks but failing to report the widespread freezing issues making the PS3 version unplayable.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Many moments in the campaign so far have reminded me of, all things, the original Call of Duty, and some Call of Duty 2. As in the series has finally put a bit more emphasis on wider battlefields and massive numbers of enemies, with a good feeling of two sides pushing against each other.

And that's a good thing, as it's exactly what I've missed from the entire series since Modern Warfare, and what I feel Modern Warfare 3 tried to do but failed miserably at.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Excuse me gentlemen. I hope I can get an answer that would please me....
uhhh I skipped the RTS shit and found out that it's vital to the ending. Apparently it's different endings and uh...i'm fucked. Is there any way to go back without restarting the entire game?

Is there anything more fun than Domination on hijacked. I've yet to have a bad round or an unenjoyable round of that.

Many moments in the campaign so far have reminded me of, all things, the original Call of Duty, and some Call of Duty 2. As in the series has finally put a bit more emphasis on wider battlefields and massive numbers of enemies, with a good feeling of two sides pushing against each other.

And that's a good thing, as it's exactly what I've missed from the entire series since Modern Warfare, and what I feel Modern Warfare 3 tried to do but failed miserably at.
definitely agreed. You really feel the difference.

DSmalls84

Excuse me gentlemen. I hope I can get an answer that would please me....
uhhh I skipped the RTS shit and found out that it's vital to the ending. Apparently it's different endings and uh...i'm fucked. Is there any way to go back without restarting the entire game?

Was just about to ask this? I tried the first mission but couldn't beat it and really didn't enjoy it. Does it really screw up
the ending that bad?

Top Bottom