• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

nOoblet16

Fuckin hell Strike force missions can be hard as hell...especially the timed ones.

I was almost able to finish the Singapore mission (Shipwreak is it?) but ran out of time, now I don't have any Strike force team and have to progress further in the storyline.
The worst part was when I had 2 ASDs and 1 CLAW clear out the center point (the hardest one) and my infantry unit wasn't even able to move past the spawn because it kept getting pwned by the drons and other infantry, what made it worse was that I wasn't even aware that they weren't even moving at all cause their unit somehow got unselected and all they did was just stand at the spawn, I eventually did manage to get a hold of the center point but as mentioned earlier I ran out of time when I was in the process of destroying the last one.

I have to say, if they fix all the glitches like my classes constantly disappearing and the spawning, i think this game has a lot of potential to be one of the best COD games.

Currently Prestige 1, level 39. When I prestiged, I chose to get another create a class slot. I do like that you can reset your stats at any prestige instead of waiting till prestige 10.

Enjoying myself. I know there are problems but I try to just push it to the side but there are times where I get so frustrated cause of this damn hit detection, lol.

Black Hat is awesome. Hacking something behind a wall? Definitely using this more often with Engineer. Makes dealing with Guardians/Sentry Guns easier. Also love the fact that they replenish if you have Scavenger.

Used my prestige token to unlock the AN-94. Seems like a good AR. I'll get Ghost eventually.

I've never had so much fun shooting down UAV's, lol. Trying to get gold on the SMAW.

Was able to get Dogs + Swarm in a game...WOW. And I thought chopper gunner/dogs on Firing Range in BO1 was nasty.

Ballista with the iron sights gives me that World at War feeling which is a GREAT feeling. That will be one of my top 3 weapons for sure.

Really hard to have a steady stream of good games.

Would love to know why Kill Confirmed isn't in the Hardcore playlist. Scratching my head about that one. I hope that isn't one of the "new game modes" they talked about.

I'm also bothered by the fact there's constant UAV up during Gun Game. I guess it's to help speed up the gameplay? But the maps are so small that you'll always run into someone anyways.

As much as I'm enjoying it, I can't help but feel a little disappointment. Maybe I'm finally feeling that COD fatigue? I won't stop playing though. Still a ton of things to unlock and a ton of weapon/perk combinations I want to try. They got me by the balls again but this time the grip doesn't feel AS strong, lol. After some patches, I could see this being top 3 best MP COD games I've played.

Jack_AG

Banned
I have to say, if they fix all the glitches like my classes constantly disappearing, i think this game has a lot of potential to be one of the best COD games.
Even if they fix every issue and get rid of lag comp there's still crap map design and weapon balance issues to bring it right back down below MW1, 2 and then BO.

nOoblet16

I find it amusing that people are complaining about the map design in BO2 having too many openings (meaning you can never properly cover you back) and then praising MW2's map design when infact this was one of the main reasons why I didn't like MW2 as much (MW3 was just absolute filth in this area).

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So I have nuke town installed but I'm not getting double experience. What gives.

Maybe you aren't noticing, the double xp happens after a match, so you wont see it during, there doesn't actually seem to be a noticeable sign that it is on besides that I am leveling far faster than i was.

Sethos

Banned
Jesus, the prohibited words thing is bullshit. My God. Can't name my class "Stick bitch" because of prohibited text even though I'm not advertising it. Ok....I can't name it just "stick" because of text either.

Now, I cant name my clan "GRAY" because of prohibited text.

Ohh, btw, I saw an emblem of a vagina being pounded by a dick.

I got a prohibited for "Support" ...

Jack_AG

Banned
I find it amusing that people are complaining about the map design in BO2 having too many openings (meaning you can never properly cover you back) and then praising MW2's map design when infact this was one of the main reasons why I didn't like MW2 as much (MW3 was just absolute filth in this area).
Being shot in the back due to shit spawn system and swiss-cheese maps isn't a reflection of player skill, loadout - its a reflection of developer ineptitude.

There shouldn't be straight up chokes - but there should be some semblance of flow to help dictate the battle and offer more face to face conflicts.

I can only assume 3arch tried to hide face to face as much as possible due to the atrocity that is lag comp.

Acinixys

I have a FPS drop problem that i cant explain. I go from a solid 60 to 25 and under, and its 100% fing up my gameplay. In a game with no FPS drops i get a K/D of 2 and up, but the minute i start dropping i get 0.5 or less. Its so frustrating, especially since i have a 460/8GB RAM/Quad i5

Im hoping its the latest Nvidia beta driver thats the problem

As far as assault rifles go, I'm loving the M27. Seems to be like the M4 of this game. Also the FAL with full-auto is amazing. Got to try out the M8A1 in gun game. I have a feeling this is going to be used by everyone after a couple of weeks. That 4 round burst fires so fast, and drops players just as fast.

Can't really seem to find a SMG that I like more than the vector at the moment. I know everyone says the MP7 is better but I dunno. Whats considered to be the best SMG at this point? Or are the SMGs so good that it comes down to preference?

For modes I think I'll stick with FFA, and Gun Game for now. Seem to have the most success/fun in those. Hate running into "clans" in TDM, or objective based games. Wish there was a TDM only mercenary playlist.

I just quickly glanced over a list of perks for this game. I'm interested in trying it out, but I wanted to know more about it first. Is Sleight of Hand not in this game? That was such a useful perk, I'm sad to see it go. :(

Kyoufu

I just quickly glanced over a list of perks for this game. I'm interested in trying it out, but I wanted to know more about it first. Is Sleight of Hand not in this game? That was such a useful perk, I'm sad to see it go. :(

There's a fast reload attachment instead.

PS3 GAF.. Did you install the game on your HDD or is it not worth doing?

I did. It takes stress off the disc drive so I guess it's worth it.

Detox

All perks affecting weapons have been removed and replaced with weapon attachments.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Like Kyoufu said its an attachment now. As are all perks that affect the gun. Quickdraw and Stalker are now attachments too.

As far as assault rifles go, I'm loving the M27. Seems to be like the M4 of this game. Also the FAL with full-auto is amazing. Got to try out the M8A1 in gun game. I have a feeling this is going to be used by everyone after a couple of weeks. That 4 round burst fires so fast, and drops players just as fast.

Can't really seem to find a SMG that I like more than the vector at the moment. I know everyone says the MP7 is better but I dunno. Whats considered to be the best SMG at this point? Or are the SMGs so good that it comes down to preference?

For modes I think I'll stick with FFA, and Gun Game for now. Seem to have the most success/fun in those. Hate running into "clans" in TDM, or objective based games. Wish there was a TDM only mercenary playlist.

The Chicom is essentially a smaller version of the M8 that can cycle even faster.

aristotle

-How do I apply. What's the clan name the link just brings me to the elite page

Sent you an invite. Clan name is NGAF (since the 360 clan took GAF before I could last year :p). It was GAF! before BO2, but treyarch made it so special characters aren't recognized by elite. Hopefully they fix that.

aku:jiki

Seriously do Treyarch play their own game?
Would you want to go home and play the game you just spent 2 hours making?

They really should have a couple of employees whose entire job it is to listen to the community and actually play the game, though.

Would you want to go home and play the game you just spent 2 hours making?

They really should have a couple of employees whose entire job it is to listen to the community and actually play the game, though.

In theory, they have a Q&A department whose job is solely to play Blops2 and find every bug whether or not they like it. In theory.

You didn't bother to learn the maps then, because it was very possible to lock down maps in both of those games on most maps. Of course, MW3 had horrible spawns at first, but, lucky for them, most MW3's maps were large enough to be able to address that problem. Notice how nuketown is now on its second game and still has horrible spawns. Maps too small and too interconnected in every which way can not have decent spawns. When you can get to the enemy's spawn in under ten seconds...and there are 6 people on each team...do the math.

Every game since COD4 has had its rust or its shipment. Terrible maps that exemplify everything that is stupid and obnoxious about the franchise...but is a change of pace and entertaining in very small doses... but this is the first game to make an entire library of those maps. It's no longer a change of pace, it's redundant and repetitive. It's lazy. It's poorly constructed. It's crap and it's not comparable to any other cod thus far.

Some of these maps will get better spawns and then make more sense, at least there is that hope. Most of these maps are beyond repair unless actually changed, which is not going to happen.

Also, there's this concept called improvement and increased expectations. When something clearly sucks in an old iteration, you should expect it not to exist in the new one. This is the entire point in creating a safe iteration of something: iterative improvments on a formula. Your expectations should align, not the "but other games..." excuses. But other games is an argument against this iteration, not for it.

I don't mind that they wanted to make a faster cod game, but they should have known of the issues that arise from such a game and confronted them...even during preproduction (if activision even allows such a concept anymore). The preference of pace is not the problem here, basic design is.

Top Bottom