• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Anybody spend a lot of time with the SMR yet? It just feels like a worse FAL to me.

Also, already got the FAL to first prestige. What a good gun.

Vanderhaar (the online designer or something major guy @ Treyarch) has said several times that the patch is currently in testing. It should be out soon.

He was talking about how patch 1.02 completely fucked up AA, not the freezing issue (which is what the current patch in testing is supposed to fix).

aristotle

Anybody spend a lot of time with the SMR yet? It just feels like a worse FAL to me.

He was talking about how patch 1.02 completely fucked up AA, not the freezing issue (which is what the current patch in testing is supposed to fix).

Oops. Oh well. I can deal with a little blur if they get rid of the freezing first.

How much difference does Hardline make to your scorestreaks?

20% more in score. That's it, but it adds up quickly if you're good.

DoomGyver

Anyone else notice that when the final killcam is displayed, if your team lost and you were not the last one to die the killcam has the "you" marker over the teammate getting killed? Happened a few times now. (360)

Except plenty are complaining about the Lag Compensation which has really only gotten much worse since BO1, a lot of the problems are simply related to that and it has gotten worse each iteration of CoD for the last 3 games.

Spawns do suck, some weapons are crazy, and the map design isn't the best it has been, but a lot of problems will disappear once we start getting patches that try to balance things out, just because something is ok or alright doesn't mean you can't complain about it. Complaining about people complaining is just as bad as the complaining itself, lol.

As for quick scoping, treyarch tried to nerf it slightly iirc in BO1, but they seemingly didn't have the nerve to do it this time.
I have not really felt pain of the lag compensation as its been smooth sailing on PC for me so far, but it does sound like complete bs.

I definitely agree that alot of the issues will be patched out and that is a great thing, I just hate that everyone complains about the same things every year and no one really accepts that there will be flaws at launch. I also hate that every new game constantly is compared to COD 4. No game will ever reach the lofty needs that fans of the games have based off of COD 4 because the times have changed and games have changed. If they made a simplistic, back to basic COD game that appealed to the wants of COD fans, people would still complain about all the same issues as they are now.

I also havnt really felt the pain of QSing on PC because there is no aim assist so when someone gets good on PC I applaud them for honing that skill.

Sojgat

Just got the game, so basically the knife is useless.

AND WHERE THE FUCK IS MERCENARY TEAM DEATHMATCH?

Use tac knife or equipped knife. Quick knife is unreliable, which makes it mostly useless. Nerfing it was a good idea, but I'm pretty sure the extent to which it has been was only partly intentional. It seems like a dice roll based on your connection at the moment. The quick knife only seems to behave consistently when going for backstabs, I've been having better results using the tomahawk when I get into tight situations.

Maps are just as bad as MW3.
At least the SP is fun and different

Some of the more standard foreign town/destroyed city ones are pretty average, but others are great. Overall it's not even close to the MW3 shitfest.

How much difference does Hardline make to your scorestreaks?

Enough. I think you get around a 20% boost, but it seems to make all the difference in the world to me.

tigerin

what up with all these scores for scorestreaks? so confusing, i just want to know how many kills it takes to get each killstreak.

Cake Boss

Banned
Maps are basically camp fests.
All of the guns look, sound and shoot the same
Everyone is using the same gun
The unlocking system sucks
The game got greyier than before.
I can shit out better menu interface
Score streaks are confusing shit, just tell me the fucking number I am at.
Knifing is more broken than ever
The perks suck( where is steady aim, sprint etc)
Visually looks worse than BO1

Very tempted to return this, I enjoyed every COD game except for 3 and WAW, even MW2 was somewhat fun, but this is some bland boring cluttered shit. Its suppose to be the future where the fuck are the cool guns.

RS4-

I don't think steady aim is missed because the aim assist is just so fucking dumb in this game. And the lack of recoil as well.

And live isn't working for some people, can't connect.

NBtoaster

what up with all these scores for scorestreaks? so confusing, i just want to know how many kills it takes to get each killstreak.

On the scorestreaks menu, you can see the exact score required for each streak. It's 100 points per kill but you get some score for objectives or 'skilled' stuff too. It's still similar to previous games, 3 kills for a UAV and such, but you may be able to get them quicker if you do other things than just kill.

Sojgat

SMR seems really good when using the target finder. I get a lot of headshots on barely visible players from the other side of the maps using it that way. Full auto isn't worth it because of slow fire rate and recoil, long reload time sucks too.

Very tempted to return this, I enjoyed every COD game except for 3 and WAW, even MW2 was somewhat fun, but this is some bland boring cluttered shit. Its suppose to be the future where the fuck are the cool guns.

1. Everyone camps early into a COD release. I'm not excusing the behaviour but it has nothing to do with bad map design.
2. Not sure if trolling or just blind and deaf.....no 2 weapons look cosmetically the same.
3. Most people are at low levels and using the first decent guns they find, also remember that the weapons are level locked so a lobby of people under rank 20 are going to have similar set-ups.
4. Why does it suck? Unless you don't want to prestige, there's nothing wrong with it.
5. Nuketown 2025 is a fine example of the palette of this game being more colourful.
6. I agree about the menus, they are awful.
7. It tells you what score streak you're about to unlock on the screen.
8. Knifing has been nerfed for a reason, being able to "panic knife" someone takes away from the gun on gun element of the game.
9. Steady Aim is now an attachment, Laser Sight and Extreme Conditioning is one of the first perks you unlock.
10. No. It doesn't.

SMR seems really good when using the target finder. I get a lot of headshots on barely visible players from the other side of the maps using it that way. Full auto isn't worth it because of slow fire rate and recoil, long reload time sucks too.

Do bullets track towards a target if they are highlighted by the target finder?

ironcreed

Banned
The campaign is actually pretty damn good. Really enjoying going to the past and back to the future. Not crazy about the strike missions, but it's still a neat addition. Really solid campaign so far, though. Easily the best since COD 4 for me, maybe even better.

You forgot the spawn system is crap as well....many times id run past an alley and check down it then turn and all of a sudden an enemy spawns there and Bang dead..that Boat level is by far the worst designed map of all time

Awareness is completely broken...even with a top of the line set of headphones the enemy sounds like fairy's running around in cotton socks

The game has so many invisible walls or head glitching spots where you can have an enemy lined up dead straight and you hit absolutely nothing

and the worst thing about this game...being pretty much forced to use a prestige token to keep ghost unlocked as the game has turned into a chase the red dot or sit in the corner and wait for the red dot...on regular occasions i see one of my teammates waiting in a corner and i go around the next corner and an enemy is camping waiting for them to come around the corner....exciting stuff

I hope the first patch is massive as this is Trade bait

Sojgat

1. Everyone camps early into a COD release. I'm not excusing the behaviour but it has nothing to do with bad map design.
2. Not sure if trolling or just blind and deaf.....no 2 weapons look cosmetically the same.
3. Most people are at low levels and using the first decent guns they find, also remember that the weapons are level locked so a lobby of people under rank 20 are going to have similar set-ups.
4. Why does it suck? Unless you don't want to prestige, there's nothing wrong with it.
5. Nuketown 2025 is a fine example of the palette of this game being more colourful.
6. I agree about the menus, they are awful.
7. It tells you what score streak you're about to unlock on the screen.
8. Knifing has been nerfed for a reason, being able to "panic knife" someone takes away from the gun on gun element of the game.
9. Steady Aim is now an attachment, Laser Sight and Extreme Conditioning is one of the first perks you unlock.
10. No. It doesn't.

Thank you for saving me the trouble. I was half way through typing almost the same response. Everybody does seem to be using the MP7, but it's not the best sub machine gun. It's a very good weapon, and it's the first sub available, that's why it's so popular.

You forgot the spawn system is crap as well....many times id run past an alley and check down it then turn and all of a sudden an enemy spawns there and Bang dead..that Boat level is by far the worst designed map of all time

Awareness is completely broken...even with a top of the line set of headphones the enemy sounds like fairy's running around in cotton socks

The game has so many invisible walls or head glitching spots where you can have an enemy lined up dead straight and you hit absolutely nothing

and the worst thing about this game...being pretty much forced to use a prestige token to keep ghost unlocked as the game has turned into a chase the red dot or sit in the corner and wait for the red dot...on regular occasions i see one of my teammates waiting in a corner and i go around the next corner and an enemy is camping waiting for them to come around the corner....exciting stuff

I hope the first patch is massive as this is Trade bait

Spawn system is as bad as BF3's. It's Bad bad.

Has it ever been brought up that
Tony Todd's (Admiral Briggs) constant use of the word cocksucker seem a little off putting?

His character as a whole just creeped me the hell out. Maybe that's just what he does best i guess.

DoomGyver

Weird glitch in S&D, I ran into a shock charge and my HUD disappeared. I got the final kill and it didn't show my character or anything, just the enemy dieing.

I can't finish the horse mission since my mount keeps falling through the ground or getting stuck.

Fuck this budgetware looking piece of shit. Going back to BF.

Has it ever been brought up that
Tony Todd's (Admiral Briggs) constant use of the word cocksucker seem a little off putting?

His character as a whole just creeped me the hell out. Maybe that's just what he does best i guess.

One instance where he used wet dream instead of dream was really odd to me. I don't normally take too much issue with excessive foul language in media, but for whatever reason that got me. Specifically with cocksucker I've been desensitized by Al Swearengen Deadwood that character says that so many in times in the show it stopped phasing me.

alba

Little is the new Big
Looking for some GAF friends to play some multiplayer in a little while. I play mostly TDM bu open to anything :) Add me on steam, yo!

I'm liking the multiplayer. There are some issues, but overall it's pretty solid. I like the change from killstreaks to scorestreaks. Not crazy about the unlock token system, but it's not terrible since I don't use a wide variety of guns anyway. The 10 item loadout limit is a unique take, I like it.

Top Bottom