• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Ditched the AR and now using SMG. Holy crap, it's like night and day - leading every game now. This is so unbalanced.

Which AR were you using? Currently having some success with the Type25. Using primary gun fighter with, grip, suppressor, and fast mags. Can win most gun fight with this. The grip really helps with ranged kills.

Know what you mean about the SMGs though. Unless it's the FAL, ARs suck without a suppressor, IMHO. The hipfire and range the SMGs have is insane. Plus they get suppressor and laser sight extremely early compared to the ARs. It almost like your forced to use them or get stomped.

Which AR were you using? Currently having some success with the Type25. Using primary gun fighter with, grip, suppressor, and fast mags. Can win most gun fight with this. The grip really helps with ranged kills.

Know what you mean about the SMGs though. Unless it's the FAL, ARs suck without a suppressor, IMHO. The hipfire and range the SMGs have is insane. Plus they get suppressor and laser sight extremely early compared to the ARs. It almost like your forced to them or get stomped.

I was using Type25 and M27 with the same kind of attachments. They're pretty good actually - I still use them, but yeah the SMG is ridiculous. I feel dirty for using the SMG, like I'm cheating or something.

snap0212

Since everyone's sharing their Emblem, here's mine. Been rocking that one since the first Black Ops:

lYwMd.jpg

:)

Sethos

Banned
Maybe it's just me but Quickdraw is god sent on ARs, I can't live without it. Feels so sluggish to bring up the sights without them and it feels like it has saved my ass on a few occasions.

I'll try the FAL more. I don't want to get "used" to using the SMG, if that makes sense. I do prefer the long range effectiveness of ARs.
You won't be sorry, yo. It might be a pain to level up if you're not used to semi-auto guns, but it pays off. Select fire is really good with the FAL.

I never liked using semi-auto guns in the past games and I found them too difficult to clear rooms with, but I'm LOVING the FAL in this, even without the full auto switch. I've already Prestiged it once and have unlocked the switch again, but I didn't bother to put it on again because I'm so used to single shots now.

Quick Draw and Red Dot (or whatever they're called in this) and I'm good.

I found the iron sights a little too distracting with the full auto on anyway, I felt they covered too much of my target for my liking. It didn't really bother me when using semi-auto, but for some reason the sights with full auto were really annoying. I didn't want to give up Quick Draw for the Red Dot or use a Wild Card and waste a slot, so I'm sticking with semi-auto for now.

Is there any advantage to having less than 10 slots in the game? Or should I try and max out my classes? Are you faster with less equipment in a class or anything like that?

Raptor

I messed up with my router to change my NAT from Strict to open/moderate and after that I won 3 free for all matches in a row, I don't have the best connection or anything of that sort but I get 3 green lines, almost no lag in some 6 or 7 matches I played.

After maybe 5 years of non playing CoD games I still got the skill to play this :D

I got to say though that my precious Ballista is not that easy to use as I thought, I tried it against bots and I sucked hard, maybe I need some practice after all.

I had lots of fun though, playing only FFA stuff to learn the maps and stuff.

I was inspired by that video Max did to give a pistol-only class a shot. I've exclusively run with that setup for the last two days and I've been doing way better. Went 23-3 in a domination match yesterday.

I am completely guilty of the "OMG rush B over and over again until the match ends" behaviour so this setup has really forced me to play at a more reasonable pace. I like it.

ecurbj

Since everyone's sharing their Emblem, here's mine. Been rocking that one since the first Black Ops:

:)
How did you go about making this one?

Edit: Nevermind. I made it with help with this: http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=lhhvUUelvd4&desktop_uri=/watch?v=lhhvUUelvd4

And,

How to make the GAF-Logo:

Layer 1: Circle Color: White

Layer 2: The grin-thingy Color: bright(er) orange

Layer 3: The grin-thingy Color: dark(er) grey

Layer 4: Triangle Color: Orange

Layer 5: Triangle Color: Orange

Layer 6: Triangle Color: Grey

Layer 7: Triangle Color: Grey

Layer 8: Square Color: White (your background, the "n")

If you only have six layers, just skip layer 2 and layer 3.

Halcyon

I'm on prestige 2 and I've been leveling up the SMR. I like it but I still feel the m27 suppressed quick draw hybrid optic is the gun that fits my style the best.

Single fire smr is a beast on bigger maps. The accuracy and power make me feel like I'm actually playing the game in a skillfull way.

When I'm tearing around the map with my vector hip spray its fun but basically just comes down to flanking and seeing people first.

I've also noticed more snipers and camping in TDM.

Maps I hate:

Aftermath(rampant camping)
Overflow(smg pew pew)
Standoff(just snipers shooting at each other from the two upper levels)

Maps I like:
Plaza(three good running lanes)
Hijacked(I think its a better version of nuke town)
Turbine(good AR map)

Halcyon

Also does anybody really have a clue how to play zombies? Transit is like completely foreign to me.

Sure I could look up strategy or whatever but basically I've just been getting random guns and I get to the part where you turn the power on in the lab then we usually die.

I still don't understand all the SMG talk here. Looking at my k/d numbers per gun, they're notably better with assault rifles. I just feel like I'm screwed at range with a sub.

Sethos

Banned
S&D - Last guy left, against 4 players who just planted the bomb

iTCXBxyQ2Jzin.gif

Then defused.

I love S&D sometimes. Also love people with snipers who want to quickscope but can't.

.nimrod

S&D - Last guy left, against 4 players who just planted the bomb

iTCXBxyQ2Jzin.gif

Then defused.

I love S&D sometimes. Also love people with snipers who want to quickscope but can't.

You paid money to have an advantage over people playing with gamepads, are you seriously proud of that gameplay?

Sethos

Banned
Please explain.

Xim Edge allows you to use a mouse and keyboard on consoles. Whilst not 1:1 to PC performance, it allows much greater accuracy, however turn ratio is still effected as there's a limit that will stop you plus keyboard keys can go unresponsive occasionally, especially crouch. People just think it's an instant win button, except it's easier than piss to get annihilated versus controllers in a game like this where there's about 200 factors playing in. Immoral? Maybe. Against Microsoft policies? Nope. Hilarious to observe butthurt people? Extremely.

Haha, not at all. It's just that it always cracks me up when you start bragging about your xim3 adventures

Xim Edge.

RS4-

I'll be honest, I considered buying it too. But $100 for the Xim Edge, another $30 for a wired 360 pad, then another $20 for a switch (or else I'd have to invest in another set of KBM)

Now if it was possible to use a ps3 pad (or 360 joystick) in place of the 360 wired one to bypass the security, it'd make things a bit easier to swallow.

Sethos

Banned
I'll be honest, I considered buying it too. But $100 for the Xim Edge, another $30 for a wired 360 pad, then another $20 for a switch (or else I'd have to invest in another set of KBM)

Now if it was possible to use a ps3 pad (or 360 joystick) in place of the 360 wired one to bypass the security, it'd make things a bit easier to swallow.

You aren't really 'bypassing security', it's simply because it won't recognize the Xim Edge and the attached hardware without some Microsoft hardware to activate it.

Gorillaz

Also does anybody really have a clue how to play zombies? Transit is like completely foreign to me.

Sure I could look up strategy or whatever but basically I've just been getting random guns and I get to the part where you turn the power on in the lab then we usually die.
I kno tranzit pretty well what system do you play on or are you on PC?

Sethos

Banned
wait, why arent you playing on pc sethos

I would but I had so many bad experiences with hacked lobbies, games going completely dead within a few months when all the Russian cheaters arrive etc. MW2 and MW3 are wastelands, Black Ops I also had some poor experiences despite the dedicated servers ( And the 9000 servers with ridiculous rules ). So I'm a bit weary. Would however love to enjoy the crisp graphics of the PC version over this muddy junk. Plus all my friends are playing on the 360.

. People just think it's an instant win button, except it's easier than piss to get annihilated versus controllers in a game like this where there's about 200 factors playing in. Immoral? Maybe. Against Microsoft policies? Nope. Hilarious to observe butthurt people? Extremely.

Oh, I'm sure if affords you no advantage. You just spent a lot of money for nothing, right?

Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure you've got many ways to justify it.

wait, why arent you playing on pc sethos

Because he's not interested in a level playing field?

I would but I had so many bad experiences with hacked lobbies, games going completely dead within a few months when all the Russian cheaters arrive etc. MW2 and MW3 are wastelands, Black Ops I also had some poor experiences despite the dedicated servers ( And the 9000 servers with ridiculous rules ). So I'm a bit weary. Would however love to enjoy the crisp graphics of the PC version over this muddy junk. Plus all my friends are playing on the 360.

Wait... you wont' play on PC because of cheaters, but you're on here bragging about buying yourself an advantage over other players on 360 with a mouse/kb setup?

Okay...

Wait... you wont' play on PC because of cheaters, but you're on here bragging about buying yourself an advantage over other players on 360 with a mouse/kb setup?

Okay...

Yes, the logic fail is quite strong. Like I said though, people who do that kind of stuff always have layers of justification they've created for themselves.

Okay...
+1 To this. You bought an advantage over other players. Hackers buy cheats to get an advantage over other players. See the correlation? Whats worse is you brag about it online. Leave it to yourself or show us good gameplay while on level playingfeild.

Anyone have problems getting online on PS3? Keeps redirecting me to check the status website, don't see why it can't give me a damn status in game. Checked the website, claims to have no problems.

Haven't had much time this week, tried to place twice, same problem each time...

Anyone have problems getting online on PS3? Keeps redirecting me to check the status website, don't see why it can't give me a damn status in game. Checked the website, claims to have no problems.

Haven't had much time this week, tried to place twice, same problem each time...

I'll go check for you right now.

Top Bottom