• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

IISANDERII

I just moved so my Internet isn't connected yet so I'm not sure if this is an issue online, but in the campaign the gun effects sound muffled and weak.

Anyone else notice this?
Yep and I thought the exact same of Black Ops as well. Doing a direct comparison of the weapons that are in both Black Operations vs. the Modern Warfares, makes it painfully obvious. FAL, M14, AK47, Barretta.50 cal, each sound far better to me in the MW.
Not that I dislike Treyarch, I just wish they'd move into the husk of the IW offices, take that engine and those assets, and create the finest Call of Duty lawyers and corporate executives can buy.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Okay stupid question.How do I get more unlock tokens? Used a lot to unlock stuff once,and now after playing for a couple of nights nothing. Kind of stumped.

You get a token per level, only 55 in total even though there are more things to unlock than tokens, to get them back you have to prestige at which point you start again. Once during each prestige you get to reset all your tokens too incase you spent them all and want to level up weapons or equipment you don't have, and of course each prestige you get an unlock to keep forever for a weapon/equipment/etc.

The process repeats each prestige till you hit prestige 10 at which point everything is unlocked for you.

You get a token per level, only 55 in total even though there are more things to unlock than tokens, to get them back you have to prestige at which point you start again. Once during each prestige you get to reset all your tokens too incase you spent them all and want to level up weapons or equipment you don't have, and of course each prestige you get an unlock to keep forever for a weapon/equipment/etc.

The process repeats each prestige till you hit prestige 10 at which point everything is unlocked for you.

Wow, seriously? Ugh, I wanted to try engineer and black hat. So if you want to try out everything you have to prestige? WTF is this shit!? Do I get to keep my weapon camo if I do?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Wow, seriously? Ugh, I wanted to try engineer and black hat. So if you want to try out everything you have to prestige? WTF is this shit!? Do I get to keep my weapon camo if I do?

Weapons have their own prestige system. And yes, your camo stays.

As Mr. Enigma said, weapons now have their own prestige that is separate. So once you prestige and either use your permanent unlock or get up the the required level for the weapon/item/etc. and use a token it will be at the same level with everything you had already unlocked to continue with.

Going prestige for your weapon resets it like normal prestige so everything resets, first weapon prestige is for unlocking your clan tag on the weapon, second lets you stick your emblem on it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Getting Diamond camo for the launchers is the worst shit ever, yet I can't stop trying.

Do you know how hard it is to shoot flying aircraft with an RPG or get a Triple Kill? Do you know how frustrating it is that the SMAW has only 1 ammo and is highly inconvenient even with Scavenger? Do you know that nobody uses AGRs in this game making the Gold Stinger a pain in the ass to get?

Ugh...but I must continue onwards. I must have the blinged out tacky Stinger.

Weapons have their own prestige system. And yes, your camo stays.

CorrisD said:
As Mr. Enigma said, weapons now have their own prestige that is separate. So once you prestige and either use your permanent unlock or get up the the required level for the weapon/item/etc. and use a token it will be at the same level with everything you had already unlocked to continue with.

Thanks guys. I do NOT want to through leveling up AN-94 again. :lol

Sub_Level

Thanks guys. I do NOT want to through leveling up AN-94 again. :lol

The only things you get for prestiging your weapon are the ability to put your clan tag engraved on it and put your emblem sticker on it. And get the EXP for the attachment unlocks again. I don't think it's worth it!

Here is my emblem
9lHaH.jpg

Sub_Level

Getting Diamond camo for the launchers is the worst shit ever, yet I can't stop trying.

Do you know how hard it is to shoot flying aircraft with an RPG or get a Triple Kill? Do you know how frustrating it is that the SMAW has only 1 ammo and is highly inconvenient even with Scavenger? Do you know that nobody uses AGRs in this game making the Gold Stinger a pain in the ass to get?

Ugh...but I must continue onwards. I must have the blinged out tacky Stinger.

And if I wasn't discouraged enough apparently this 10 year old had no trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UJ6ktUl7KE

DRE Fei

Wow, even in kill confirmed now people are camping rooms with shock charges. I thought that was just a TDM thing. Surprise another great game mode ruined by the cod community. I guess people are so fed up with Treyarch's shitty spawn system now that they're just too scared to run around the map. There's tons of ragequitting going on too. What a fantastic game.

Wow, even in kill confirmed now people are camping rooms with shock charges. I thought that was just a TDM thing. Surprise another great game mode ruined by the cod community. I guess people are so fed up with Treyarch's shitty spawn system now that they're just too scared to run around the map. There's tons of ragequitting going on too. What a fantastic game.

This is what I'm thinking too. :/

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Yea, a friend and I like to spend some time sitting in that room not quite in the middle of the map on Aftermath.

But when nearly half the team is Snipers who run around quickscoping and the other half is running SMGs it becomes a pain in the ass to really move around and do anything without being shot in the ass or face out of nowhere. Along with the terrible net code and lag compensation sometimes there really is no reward from running around when you can get more kills from camping an area and not getting you or your kdr destroyed.

It sucks, but you can always screw people out of it with engineer and black hat class if you have one ready, and it is better than some who are just making their connection purposely shitty to bring everyone down and screw you over.

The lag compensation and spawn needs to be addressed ASAP; shit is irritating. Went from 2.50 to 2.30 in the span of a day, namely due to instant death on spawn from either shitty revenge spawns or a lightning strike.

Changing the search to 'best' worked the first week, now it does jack shit.

The lag compensation and spawn needs to be addressed ASAP; shit is irritating. Went from 2.50 to 2.30 in the span of a day, namely due to instant death on spawn from either shitty revenge spawns or a lightning strike.

Changing the search to 'best' worked the first week, now it does jack shit.

it never did anything in the first place, placebo effect.

So if I plan on doing prestige 10 should I just get the extra custom classes out of the way then go for the unlock tokens to tryout different stuff?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm having fun, but spawn system needs to get fixed some, as well as some of the lag compensation. I don't even play pro, but LOL @ some of the shit I've seen on the killcam.

As someone that enjoys moving around the map and playing sniper, it feels like they're trying to force me into learning how to quickscope with almost all of these stages. I end up using my handgun more than my rifle. :/

Kinda salty at ghost being so high of an unlock, but I'll deal with it.

I take it, an smg with a laser sight is what the cool kids are using? I've seen a bunch so far.

This game is too chaotic for me, right now.
Im hoping as time goes on and I learn the map layout properly, I'll be able to introduce some strategy into my game.
Currently, Im just running around in circles.

Atruvius

The net code in this game is fucking garbage. It is literally unplayable on the PC for me. Am I just being unlucky with games or is this endemic?

To me the lag matches usually happen in the evenings,
after 7pm. Then the lag is worse than in any previous mp game I have played. Everyone is warping and it looks like my framerate goes under 10 fps. But during the day it's smooth sailing for most parts.

I have set my preference to 'best'.

Never really got why people prestige tbh. But in this game it really doesn't seem like that much of a big deal. The pro perks and weapon unlocks were the only things keeping me from doing it in the other games. The fact that I get to keep my weapon unlocks and camo seal the deal for me. Just wish I had known about this when double XP weekend was in affect.

Playing without my usual setups, and using the defaults made me realize just how good suppressors are. Especially with the spawns being so messed up. Can't count the number of times I've shot someone, only to alert the other three guys that spawned just around the corner. This game, yo...

FYI for those interested, heres the 870 and the AN with the emblem and clan-tag on:

http://i.imgur.com/d6og0.jpg?1[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/M4szT.jpg?1[IMG][/QUOTE]
Heh, nice.

Would like to have my emblem on my gun though. Might do it with the FAL someday.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EM6KE.jpg
PRAISE THE SUN!

Then go pick up the tags. Why do you care if they're camping in a mode where you have to physically travel to a kill spot to get points?

Nome

Why is this an issue? I've just started running Engineer on all my classes. Enemy equipment is basically a free maphack for me. Throw an EMP/Blackhat if you don't want to shoot it.

Why is this an issue? I've just started running Engineer on all my classes. Enemy equipment is basically a free maphack for me. Throw an EMP/Blackhat if you don't want to shoot it.

But how can he run around constantly with Extreme Conditioning if he has to use Engineer and stop to use a Blackhat or throw an EMP grenade. Those precious seconds could be spent on pew pew pew.

Acinixys

For everyone having trouble on Hijacked, try running 6 perks + knife. Its amazing how mad people get when you're backstabbing them the whole game

I wonder why they didn't fix the Ironsights Prestige Challenge in the patch. Its still borked. :/

Xux

For everyone having trouble on Hijacked, try running 6 perks + knife. Its amazing how mad people get when you're backstabbing them the whole game

I wonder why they didn't fix the Ironsights Prestige Challenge in the patch. Its still borked. :/
It doesn't match the number of kills you have with the Ballista Iron Sights?

Can anyone tell me which is the best gun to use for displaying your emblem?
A screenshot of that gun and your emblem would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll just take your word for it :)

Jrmint

Looking for some advice.

I'd really like to try out PC CoD but I obviously don't want to drop $60 and not like it. I've played on 360 ever since CoD4. Which pc CoD would be best to go back to? I was considering MW2 bc I always really enjoyed that game but I'm concerned it may be a mess at this point. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom