• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Sethos

Banned
Not to defend anyone here - but we ALL paid money to this game and great connections just to be shit on by people with "joe blow" internet connections and purposefully jacking their ping so they get lag comp.

I guarantee you I would stomp any kb/m user if lag comp worked FOR ME and not against me.

I say its fair game to get any advantage you can against lag comp. Sethos has stated many times how much he has been affected by lag comp and it SUCKS when you are on the shit end.

Blame Treyarch for their netcode - they aren't fixing shit so what did you expect people to do? Sit there and not enjoy something they spent money on?

Lag comp >>>>>>>>>> kb/m any fucking day.

I can definitely see where people are coming from but these people with an issue should almost try the setup in this very game, it's not even 10% as effective as they'd like to believe it is, there's tons of limitations and it's nothing like playing on PC. And yes, the current lag comp issue makes the setup completely void of any possible advantages. As I mentioned, I have the exact same K/D ( Actually lower ) as I did with a controller in previous games and there's a lot further between the good rounds. But apparently having a lower K/D as my controller days means I have a massive advantage.

The funny thing is, I rarely ever have a good game with KB/M on the Console in this game. People may think it's god mode but there's a fair few limitation, some problems and the sheer fact that luck, positioning and movement is 90% of a kill, the rest is down to the aim which is pointless on these tiny maps as random hip spray is just as effective as an aimed shot ...

So oddly enough, I have the exact same K/D ratio in this game as I did in all the previous Call of Duty games where I used a controller.

MAYBE if we're talking native PC input, without a turn limitation, mouse acceleration, 1:1 input movement and a proper variable sensitivity, I could see an advantage but the Xim Edge setup as it stands is purely a choice of controller rather than an advantage, because it's not perfect - Far from it.

People just have their up the ass thinking this is god mode and like the PC counterpart, except this is one of the few FPS games where aim is the last factor that counts and the setup is NOT 1:1 with the PC.

Says the guy that just posted a brag gif of a quick 4 kills with a handgun.

If your intention was the provide comedic relief to this thread today you've certainly succeeded.

Now please stop with your hilarious justifications for why you're using something you claim gives you no advantage. We're not as stupid as you seem to think we are. Your behavior tells us you know it gives you advantage.

fuenf

No, you can save MASON. Not Hudson.

Well, actually, now I don't know. Treyarch has mind fucked me so hard.

To save Mason (Alex, your dad), shoot him in the legs, not the head.

I loved the campaign, but
the save Mason stuff was terribly executed. It felt more like a fan service than anything else. IMO that should've been the biggest story branch (with the biggest influence on the campaign / story). I mean, what was he doing all those years? I think it's clear that the game expects you to kill Mason and save Harper (whose presence was sorely missed in the later levels)

O D I N

I loved the campaign, but
the save Mason stuff was terribly executed. It felt more like a fan service than anything else. IMO that should've been the biggest story branch (with the biggest influence on the campaign / story). I mean, what was he doing all those years? I think it's clear that the game expects you to kill Mason and save Harper (whose presence was sorely missed in the later levels)

Absolutely. When I had the chance to shoot Menendez, I took it. Because the game was built up so much at that point because FUCK. THAT.GUY. I am glad however that this was a game that had multiple endings. It was a neat thing to do with the CoD series, and it's something I'd like to see done with the genre, rather than just be another shooter on rails.

Hudson aside, the Mason fan service I agree with. Why did he disappear? Why the shit didn't he bleed out? Why does he look like Santa Claus?

Nope. Wait. Figured it out. Mason is Santa Claus. He's been delivering presents for the last 30 years. We can go home.

mxgt

Banned
Says the guy that just posted a brag gif of a quick 4 kills with a handgun.

If your intention was the provide comedic relief to this thread today you've certainly succeeded.

Now please stop with your hilarious justifications for why you're using something you claim gives you no advantage. We're not as stupid as you seem to think we are. Your behavior tells us you know it gives you advantage.

There is no doubt it gives an advantage. I used Xim3 in BLOPS and MW3 on 360 and my KD was around 3 and 2.5 respectively.

It's always been around 1.5-1.8 when I play on PC. Not exactly definitive evidence but I can for sure say that KB/M on console is much easier than on a level playing field against other PC users.

It's still fun as hell though having an advantage over console users, I have no shame in using it. It was awesome.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I would but I had so many bad experiences with hacked lobbies, games going completely dead within a few months when all the Russian cheaters arrive etc. MW2 and MW3 are wastelands, Black Ops I also had some poor experiences despite the dedicated servers ( And the 9000 servers with ridiculous rules ). So I'm a bit weary. Would however love to enjoy the crisp graphics of the PC version over this muddy junk. Plus all my friends are playing on the 360.

This is the first COD since COD4 where I can honestly say the PC version is definitively the best version. I get extremely smooth games and the fast pace of BO2 + the finesse and control of KB/M = a higher skill ceiling than consoles. I have not encountered any hackers in almost 24 hours of playtime. The original Black Ops was an unplayable turd compared to how good this is running on my tower and how optimized it seems to be for PC players.

Anyways, here is an extremely comprehensive breakdown of the MTAR for those who want to use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CfHOKLOnMQ&feature=g-u-u

Acinixys

NE4JC.jpg

Killing hipster SMG users with the one thing they love most. A mustache

Sub_Level

By the way, has anyone noticed outside of Hijacked that Standoff gets voted constantly?

That's probably one of my favorite not-huge maps, if not my favorite. It just has a really great comprehensible flow to it, but you can still apply some creativity to your routes. Dexterity is really useful because you can climb onto a lot of boxes and walls and enter windows from the top. It's probably one of the more traditional FPS maps and resembles something you might have seen in a Counter-Strike de_map. It's about as horizontal and flat as you can get in map design, though I can still appreciate the Yemens and Seatowns and Missions of the franchise.

I can't say I see it very often, though, but that's probably because at least half the time I'm in Ground War. Ground War Standoff would be so fun.

No, you can save MASON. Not Hudson.

Well, actually, now I don't know. Treyarch has mind fucked me so hard.

To save Mason (Alex, your dad), shoot him in the legs, not the head.

Holy shit, I didn't even know that or think about that. I thought I got the best possible ending from doing all the extra stuff and refusing to kill a certain somebody.

BadTaste

Hovering around 2.00 K/D using Eagle Eye on PS3, it's not as good as Xim3/Xim Edge unfortunately. ADS is quite difficult and I have to use Aim Assist to pick off targets in the distance. It requires a lot of calibrating but there's only so much you can do, it doesn't even have a spherical dead zone.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
That's probably one of my favorite not-huge maps, if not my favorite. It just has a really great comprehensible flow to it, but you can still apply some creativity to your routes. Dexterity is really useful because you can climb onto a lot of boxes and walls and enter windows from the top. It's probably one of the more traditional FPS maps and resembles something you might have seen in a Counter-Strike de_map. It's about as horizontal and flat as you can get in map design, though I can still appreciate the Yemens and Seatowns and Missions of the franchise.

I can't say I see it very often, though, but that's probably because at least half the time I'm in Ground War. Ground War Standoff would be so fun.

I would agree I personally really like Standoff, one of the better maps and more enjoyable maps in the game. But like you said, friends and I like to jump into Ground War so we don't see it that often unless we go into the smaller playlists.

Shooting bullet sponges just feels weird with the cod gameplay. MW3 survival > every cod zombies. At least the maps are pretty.

Yea, my friends and I enjoy Zombies now and then but I kind of wish the zombies were a little more varied than just putting up their health while increasing their numbers and chucking in the electric one. I would prefer they just stuck a whole lot of the normal zombies like other games do, a ton of them walking around that are easy kills and low points but will screw you over if you let them build up and surround you, would help keep you on the move between locations too.

Then as you increase in levels or complete some sort of challenge interweave harder zombies now and then that require more bullets or strategy to kill them.

Anybody else disappointed with this games multiplayer soundtrack?

To me, MW2 was the best and I don't know if it'll ever be beat. The menu music/spawn themes/victory and defeat were all amazing. Even the "jungle music" for time is running out is the best.

MW3 is 2nd best to me. The main menu theme for multi is prob the best in the series. The themes are better than black ops, but nothing special.

Black Ops 1 had a good main menu theme, but thats just about it. Very few spawn themes/victories were good.

In Black Ops 2, i can't even hear any spawn and victory/defeat music at all. And yes i have music volume all the way up. The main menu music is a bust too. It definitely falls behind MW3, MW2, and Blops 1. The only song I like or have even heard besides the menu is the one in the plaza club :p It also plays in the campaign credits.

And how annoying is it that they keep having avenged sevenfold make the zombie easter egg songs -__-

Sub_Level

To me, MW2 was the best and I don't know if it'll ever be beat. The menu music/spawn themes/victory and defeat were all amazing. Even the "jungle music" for time is running out is the best.

MW3 is 2nd best to me. The main menu theme for multi is prob the best in the series. The themes are better than black ops, but nothing special.

Black Ops 1 had a good main menu theme, but thats just about it. Very few spawn themes/victories were good.

In Black Ops 2, i can't even hear any spawn and victory/defeat music at all. And yes i have music volume all the way up. The main menu music is a bust too. It definitely falls behind MW3, MW2, and Blops 1. The only song I like or have even heard besides the menu is the one in the plaza club :p It also plays in the campaign credits.

And how annoying is it that they keep having avenged sevenfold make the zombie easter egg songs -__-

Yeah, it is a disappointment, although I'm actually partial to the dubstep multiplayer menu lol. Doesn't get old like the other themes imo. Spetsnaz and Rangers factions in MW2 were boss. My favorite faction music though was for the black ops faction in, well, Black Ops. Doesn't get better than this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yovl9HvpPU

MW2 singleplayer had the best soundtrack as well;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4dDQso-Yss

One thing that Black Ops 2 does the best, however, is the map loading screen music. There's like 3 or 4 pretty catchy tunes that play so pay attention at that part. One of them is very electronic and chill. One of them has a sense of tension to it.

Yeah, it is a disappointment, although I'm actually partial to the dubstep multiplayer menu lol. Doesn't get old like the other themes imo. Spetsnaz and Rangers factions in MW2 were boss. My favorite faction music though was for the black ops faction in, well, Black Ops. Doesn't get better than this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yovl9HvpPU

MW2 singleplayer had the best soundtrack as well;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4dDQso-Yss

One thing that Black Ops 2 does the best, however, is the map loading screen music. There's like 3 or 4 pretty catchy tunes that play so pay attention at that part. One of them is very electronic and chill. One of them has a sense of tension to it.

Just listened to the MW2 song and that was pretty beast. The Black Ops one i've already listened to the in the past and liked it. I showed it to my friends back in the black ops days and they were like wtf is this club remix of the spawn theme lol.

And i don't hear any music during loading screens. I can only hear music in the zombies loading screen.

And yes Army Rangers and Spetsnaz are definitely the best :p I remember back in the day when you'd spawn army rangers side on highrise and then proceed to get the snipe across the map and feel like a boss as the song finishes and you get like all these one shot on kill medals and first blood etc...

Even the things players said in that game was funny. In the more modern games, it's just "reloading" or "GRENADE!!!" I miss the good old days of bambi! and suckadehudda and all the funny stuff they said.

EDIT: I'd also say GIGN from MW3 is up there with the MW2 rangers/spetsnaz. It's too bad they were only on one map.

Pretty sure Hans Zimmer composed MW2's soundtrack.

Victrix

*beard*
HGW did CoD4 and Hans Zimmer did MW2, or at least they did some of them. Both are miles beyond every other CoD in the music department/faction theme songs/etc.

It's also easier to get pumped to Marine/Ranger/Spetsnaz/dirty terroristOpFor tunes than it is to FBI (lol) or ISA (whoever they are)

mokeyjoe

They followed Black Ops 1 in that aspect.
Op 40, Pentagon and the gasmask section's theme were the only good music in the game.

MW2 had the amazing Rangers, Seals, TF141, Spetsnaz Spawn/Victory/Defeat themes.
MW3 had Delta's and Inner Circle
even World at War had great themes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQIVyrYKDnU

Fantasmo

Not to defend anyone here - but we ALL paid money to this game and great connections just to be shit on by people with "joe blow" internet connections and purposefully jacking their ping so they get lag comp.

I guarantee you I would stomp any kb/m user if lag comp worked FOR ME and not against me.

I say its fair game to get any advantage you can against lag comp. Sethos has stated many times how much he has been affected by lag comp and it SUCKS when you are on the shit end.

Blame Treyarch for their netcode - they aren't fixing shit so what did you expect people to do? Sit there and not enjoy something they spent money on?

Agreed. I can boot up MW2 and play amazingly well every single time I play. Everything afterwards was a shitfest. This game is by far the worst out out of all of them and I've had enough. I don't feel bad in the slightest that I'm screwing up my connection in order to win. I paid good money... $400 over 4 games .. and for what? To be good at the game, but still be reduced to 4-16 or worse? To watch my gun do nothing everytime I confront someone and die? I'm literally cannon fodder for these people. That ruins it for my whole team!!

I can't return the game so I'm going to fuck up my connection in order to play. They wanna put out turd netcode and reward turdy connections, I'll act like and play like a turd. If they drop the shenanigans, I'll gladly drop mine too. And by drop, I mean zero lag compensation, none of this tweaking shit. That is, if I'm still playing it by then. Tell ya one thing, they've lost my map pack money if nothing changes, that's for sure. And that's if I don't sell it off by then. I have better things to do with my time than be someone's scorestreak.

Gorillaz

Thats been the trick since black ops actually. The worst connection you have the greater the "odds " are for you online. People purposely do it now so they can have a fighting chance.

It reminds of the days where people purposely gave their friends and vice versa on 360 low approval ratings(I forgot the name) so they play against scrubs to get higher K/D and W/L ratios

LowParry

How many pad players do you see at fighting game tournaments?

You'd be surprised how many within the fighting community play on a pad. It's especially used in 3D games. But it's pretty common use.

I know my statement about the whole keyboard and mouse thing sounds silly but I just think for a COD game, both types of play are equal.

I get so tired of getting shot in the back 10 steps after I spawn. That and being on teams with people who ignore objectives. Pick up the tags, dipshits!

People are missing out a lot of scorestreak points if they're not picking up tags. More power to you if you can pick them up if no one else is.

FStop7

Banned
I get so tired of getting shot in the back 10 steps after I spawn. That and being on teams with people who ignore objectives. Pick up the tags, dipshits!

Jack_AG

Banned
Then just play TDM. I can't count how many times i've seen people run right by tags in KC or a bunch of us die in Dom to a Lightning Strike just to spawn, literally, 10 feet from the enemy flag and everyone runs away from it - we can cap that shit in a few seconds with 3 of us but people just run for dem kills!

Its not exclusive to COD tho - ANY objective based game sucks for "jolly cooperation" - go in those games with a full party and praise the sun! Go in a pug and stick with TDM.

Sub_Level

Well I must be an exception here, but I think the netcode is the best since COD4 and BLOPS1. Playing only S&D and with AR

I did not have a good experience with BLOPS 1, but I play PC BLOPs 2 Ground War with an SMG and have had a wonderful time.

mephixto

Banned
I did not have a good experience with BLOPS 1, but I play PC BLOPs 2 Ground War with an SMG and have had a wonderful time.

Lag on BLOPS1 was none cause of dedicated servers, but I do remember having some weird graphical issues with microstutering at launch.

I agree, in the end, accuracy just doesn't matter as much as we'd like to think here, so many more factors play a bigger role here, map movement, latency, all of that good shit. It's not like CoD is a game of precision either. In certain games a kb/m player would bother me (Halo) but my gut feeling and initial thoughts tell me it's not a big deal here.

mephixto

Banned
I wish, my 3840x2400 resolution is locked at 30hz, which is a big no-go for games like this :p

I tried downsampling at launch and no SLI profile, gonna give it a try again tonight but it's gonna a hard decision for me: 3840x2040 at 60fps or 1920x1080 at 120fps

So, does ghost actually work in this game? Every time I watch the killcam it's like they sense me around the corner. I know they can't hear me because of the nerfed sound whoring. I know they can't see me on the radar because I'm constantly moving. I just don't know, yo.

Another problem I'm having now is the spawns. They never seem to go my way anymore. I can't get anything going because I'm always getting shot in the back. Combine that with camping, and I'm raging so hard.

mephixto

Banned
So, does ghost actually work in this game? Every time I watch the killcam it's like they sense me around the corner. I know they can't hear me because of the nerfed sound whoring. I know they can't see me on the radar because I'm constantly moving. I just don't know, yo.

Another problem I'm having now is the spawns. They never seem to go my way anymore. I can't get anything going because I'm always getting shot in the back. Combine that with camping, and I'm raging so hard.

If you have a good sound system the sound of footsteps is pretty clear and even more with the awareness perk.

I play S&D almost all the time, so no spawn problems but when I play Domination or FFA I always go in the oposite direction of my spawn position.

Top Bottom