• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

ohlawd

I wish Cargo wasn't left out of the Ground War map rotation, it is pretty big, bigger than a lot of the other maps that are in the rotation yet I have never seen it come up.

Whoever decide map rotations for each mode and whoever decide to get rid of some of the playlists should be beaten with pillows. And whoever decided on this terrible net code should be beaten with pillows filled with rocks.

The first ever map I played on the Chaos Playlist (small maps and includes Nuketown) is Cargo.

Agreed. How in the hell is Cargo a small map?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Holy shit! This game has hands down the best Call of Duty campaign ever.

I can't stop playing, so good.

Milly79

I wish Cargo wasn't left out of the Ground War map rotation, it is pretty big, bigger than a lot of the other maps that are in the rotation yet I have never seen it come up.

Whoever decide map rotations for each mode and whoever decide to get rid of some of the playlists should be beaten with pillows. And whoever decided on this terrible net code should be beaten with pillows filled with rocks.

Agreed. I've been playing nothing but ground war lately and it baffles me how Overflow and Plaza (to an extent) made it in the rotation. I feel like the others suit it perfectly.

DRE Fei

Of all the cods I've played, this game has the most lag I've ever seen on 360. Treyarch should be ashamed of themselves for releasing the game like this.

ziadoz

Neo Member
I'm really not enjoying Domination so far, which is annoying because it's usually my goto objective-based mode. I know the B flags are placed for 'maximum drama' but it just hurts the gameplay imo. The number of entrances, lines of sight and lack of cover mean everything inevitably gets reduced to a spam fest, which only gets made worse by the bad spawns.

It feels part of the problem is trying to shoehorn in every gamemode into each map, whilst also making them bigger and adding more routes. I wish they'd just design a decent selection of maps for each gamemode, and have only a few that overlap. The only positive is that a lot of the maps seem to work really well for CTF.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The net code in this game is fucking garbage. It is literally unplayable on the PC for me. Am I just being unlucky with games or is this endemic?

I would say unlucky. Make sure you're not playing wirelessly and set preferences to Best. My experience yesterday was so good online.

Got my Karl Pilkington on deck.

iRvUsJyjJBMJr.png
Fantastic. I'd love to,see how you made that.

Oh man its like a totally different team designed this. I really liked some of the choices made with the original Black Ops. Removing stuff like quick scoping made that game a lot more fun and a lot less cheesy.

Did the same team make this game or did Treyarch go through changes? Are there design videos from the team who did the maps etc? I just cant believe how different the design philosophies seem all round with this game.

ohlawd

Quick question. What is the point of prestiging an individual weapon? Do I get bonus xp or something?

1st prestige - put clan tag on gun
2nd prestige - put emblem on gun

Every time you prestige a gun, you get experience from leveling it up again. So let's say you level up the FAL to max and gained around 10k exp from it (just a random number), prestige it and you can gain that 10k exp again once you max it.

The lag compensation or anti lag...whatever you want to call it is horrid in this game. I turn the corner, fire at someone first, hit him but only to die in one shot. After, I watch the kill cam only to see he's been firing at me way before I started to. I don't recall it being this bad in the previous games.

I play wired on a ps3 too

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Can barely get into any Team Deathmatch games tonight, keeps giving me some error, such bs.

I went into a free for all instead, fucking bouncing betties on a spawn, wtf, lol.

feel

Emblems on this page look sweet! Keep seeing awesome ones online too. Gotta take the time and recreate something cool myself one of these days.

Just played some games in hardpoint with some fellow GAFers, and had a blast. Would never play it without a party though. Also played some kill confirmed, streaks go up so fast in that mode.Speaking of streaks, ever since I "Upgraded" my NAT type, I'm able to get them now. I never feel like I'm dying unfairly anymore.

Trying to get some guns to gold too. The no perk/attachments challenges are gonna kill me with certain guns.

Dimorphic

I just moved so my Internet isn't connected yet so I'm not sure if this is an issue online, but in the campaign the gun effects sound muffled and weak.

Anyone else notice this?

it still catches me off guard how much rushing is going on in this game, it's like people throw common sense out the window and just run at the red dots lol. On that note, LMG's are suprisingly good this game, they're great at picking off rushers and more people should use them if they want to play slower.

I wish this game was slightly faster.

I'm no SPM god, but my Black Ops Demolition SPM was 170. MW3 Demo SPM was 450 and alotta fun because of it being so fast paced. I barely had time to reload. Blops2 Demo is only 300, which is double Blops's pace, but still slower than MW3 :/

Also hardpoint is insanely easy for killstreaks cause you get 2 kills per hardpoint cap, so if you're the first one at each hardpoint, you can get a killstreak without having kills.

I've gotten a VTOL warship every hardpoint game i've played (not counting multi team) and a swarm in most of the games. This is without orbital vsat too, since i don't have it unlocked yet.

My brother spends hours making cool emblems lol, he is really good at it! I'm getting him to make me a Link one in a few days.

He said its one of his favourite parts of the game heh.

I think the best part is having a cool emblem then going online and pwning to show it off. :p

it still catches me off guard how much rushing is going on in this game, it's like people throw common sense out the window and just run at the red dots lol. On that note, LMG's are suprisingly good this game, they're great at picking off rushers and more people should use them if they want to play slower.

I'd say rushing depends on the game mode. SnD is full of shock charges/betty campers right now. But a game mode like hardpoint where the objective constantly moves, there are more rushers. Demolition is full of more campers than rushers imo. An average team has 1 person that sucks and gets destroyed. 1 that runs to your spawn to spawnkill you. And the other 4 camp out a bombsite usually with shocks etc... When the enemy is on offense, there is a bit more rushing, but i still run into snipers that stay back and do absolutely nothing to help plant.

Is there GAF COD communities? I'm on PS3 and no one of my friends list is playing BLOPs, so I'm looking to get with some people to play in groups.

My brother spends hours making cool emblems lol, he is really good at it! I'm getting him to make me a Link one in a few days.

He said its one of his favourite parts of the game heh.

I think the best part is having a cool emblem then going online and pwning to show it off. :p

Its one of mine also.
I have also made bunch of logos of past factions(MW2 Seals, Delta, Rangers)
working on Spetsnaz, Marines, Raiders, SAS and TF141 atm.

x-Lundz-x

1st prestige - put clan tag on gun
2nd prestige - put emblem on gun

Every time you prestige a gun, you get experience from leveling it up again. So let's say you level up the FAL to max and gained around 10k exp from it (just a random number), prestige it and you can gain that 10k exp again once you max it.
Awesome thanks man.

I'd say rushing depends on the game mode. SnD is full of shock charges/betty campers right now. But a game mode like hardpoint where the objective constantly moves, there are more rushers. Demolition is full of more campers than rushers imo. An average team has 1 person that sucks and gets destroyed. 1 that runs to your spawn to spawnkill you. And the other 4 camp out a bombsite usually with shocks etc... When the enemy is on offense, there is a bit more rushing, but i still run into snipers that stay back and do absolutely nothing to help plant.

Well in Domination the pacing is insane, everybody seems like they're rushing, and they're not necessarily rushing to the objective either. Domination seems worse this time around, I'm not seeing alot of objective play in Domination(at least not as much as in MW3 or Black Ops), and alot more aimless killing instead. I think alot of people are just afraid to grab B because of how vulnerable you are at the B flag in most of the maps.

Well in Domination the pacing is insane, everybody seems like they're rushing, and they're not necessarily rushing to the objective either. Domination seems worse this time around, I'm not seeing alot of objective play in Domination(at least not as much as in MW3 or Black Ops), and alot more aimless killing instead. I think alot of people are just afraid to grab B because of how vulnerable you are at the B flag in most of the maps.

Haha i haven't played dom much but it seems a team caps B in the beginning of a round and then it stays the way all round. Then it's the same story the next round and it's a blowout if the same team gets B, or a close game if the opposite team captures it.

Haha i haven't played dom much but it seems a team caps B in the beginning of a round and then it stays the way all round. Then it's the same story the next round and it's a blowout if the same team gets B, or a close game if the opposite team captures it.

that's exactly how things go most of the time, get B first and you probably win the round.

Kuno

Here's a pixel art treasure chest I decided to do for the hell of it. It looks pretty decent shrunk down to playercard size.

jnyerKggc04FC.JPG

FStop7

Banned
I prestiged today. Now I can't make any more 'yo bro can you prestige in it' jokes about other games or dudebro CoD jokes just in general. :/

Okay stupid question.How do I get more unlock tokens? Used a lot to unlock stuff once,and now after playing for a couple of nights nothing. Kind of stumped.

Top Bottom