• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Wow 360 is an unplayable laggy mess right now.

Yup, 3rd year in a row with CoD having infuriating lag comp, in an effort to level the playing field to appeal to more consumers.

Please DICE - Battlefield4 for Xbox720 next year. Dedicated servers, 60 frames per second, keep the aim assist to a minimum, expand the Field of View, and make your lobby system/jumping into a game EASY with 6-8 friends.

Give me that, and I won't need CoD.

Yup, 3rd year in a row with CoD having infuriating lag comp, in an effort to level the playing field to appeal to more consumers.

Please DICE - Battlefield4 for Xbox720 next year. Dedicated servers, 60 frames per second, keep the aim assist to a minimum, expand the Field of View, and make your lobby system/jumping into a game EASY with 6-8 friends.

COD and BF are completely different. In fact, id argue that BF has more in common with Halo and its big team battles with vehicles then it does COD and its small maps.

knitoe

If you have a good sound system the sound of footsteps is pretty clear and even more with the awareness perk.

I play S&D almost all the time, so no spawn problems but when I play Domination or FFA I always go in the oposite direction of my spawn position.

I have a surround gaming headset, and after unlocking awareness perk, I thought I was going to pick some serious ass, like in MW3. Still couldn't hear shit so promptly remove the perk.

COD and BF are completely different. In fact, id argue that BF has more in common with Halo and its big team battles with vehicles then it does COD and its small maps.

I'd say Battlefield has more in common with Ghost Recon 2.
The bullets in BF, afaik, have physics, bullet drop, stuff like that.
Halo is pure arcade. I don't think they have much in common, beyond vehicles.

I see what you're saying though.

Remmy2112

So, does ghost actually work in this game? Every time I watch the killcam it's like they sense me around the corner. I know they can't hear me because of the nerfed sound whoring. I know they can't see me on the radar because I'm constantly moving. I just don't know, yo.

Another problem I'm having now is the spawns. They never seem to go my way anymore. I can't get anything going because I'm always getting shot in the back. Combine that with camping, and I'm raging so hard.

Are you using a suppressor with your guns as well? If you aren't then you still show up when you fire. And if you aren't moving at full speed (normal movement speed or sprint) you will show up even with ghost, unfortunately.

I'd say Battlefield has more in common with Ghost Recon 2.
The bullets in BF, afaik, have physics, bullet drop, stuff like that.
Halo is pure arcade.
I don't think they have much in common, beyond vehicles.

Im not talking about how realistic they are in every aspect of the game, but to compare COD to battlefield and talk about BF4 being a replacement to COD as if they play even remotely the same is just completely off.

If you have a good sound system the sound of footsteps is pretty clear and even more with the awareness perk.

I play S&D almost all the time, so no spawn problems but when I play Domination or FFA I always go in the oposite direction of my spawn position.

Eh, that might be it. Guess I can't complain. Still do pretty good, but it just sucks when I'm one kill away form my sentry gun or chopper, and get shot in the back.

Im not talking about how realistic they are in every aspect of the game, but to compare COD to battlefield and talk about BF4 being a replacement to COD as if they play even remotely the same is just completely off.

Depends on how you play them.
I play Hardcore Team Deathmatch. Typically a slower, more tactical pace.
You can play Battlefield in hardcore mode too.
Both are military-themed shooters, I guess is what I'm getting at.
Battlefield - Medal of Honor - Call of Duty...are typically compared. They have some similar gametypes, similar feel.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The game is purposefully trolling me now.

no.gif

Jack_AG

Banned

Dice cares more about IQ and screen "dust" to hit 60fps on consoles. The game struggles to keep 20fps in hectic environments, i've never played 1 game... not one fucking game where sound didn't cut out, menus lag like mad, getting rez'd when looking at a menu causes the menu to stay on-screen after a rez, etc.

They need to work on a LOT before they hit 60fps with their crap FB2 on consoles. Such a junk engine.

Kyoufu

I'd still rather play CoD. Because you know, CoD is actually fun.

This game needs a new game mode where players spawn with random weapons with random firing modes.

You know what? That would actually be hilariously fun, mostly because it would be impossible to take seriously.

I wish they would add a random class generator or something to these games.

Pretty pissed off, I had a really good game (54-9 or something like that) and for whatever reason it didn't record the game properly.

I go to watch it again and things just stop half way through. :( I don't even know if I got credit for all the work now cause on the game's record it says I got like 24-5 (which I was at the point when the video just randomly stops) and cause the stats are so useless now (I miss BOs1) I can't tell what my highest streak is or anything?

Might seem like no big deal but I'm not the greatest player in history so it felt like a good achievement to me!

Ryck

Finally unlocked the Scar and have been having flashes of my old Mw3 form.

I was on a good team but prior to getting the Scar I think my best game was like 30-29 or something, I really struggled to get even a 1.0 kdr [ which ironically is my overall kdr for this game :( ]

zeelman

I'd still rather play CoD. Because you know, CoD is actually fun.

BF games are only fun on the PC. After struggling with BF3 on the 360, I'm having a blast with the PC version. Getting 60 FPS all the time instead of barely 30 FPS is so much better.

Finally unlocked the Scar and having been having flashes of my old Mw3 form.

I was on a good team but prior to getting the Scar I think my best game was like 30-29 or something, I really struggled to get even a 1.0 kdr [ which ironically is my overall kdr for this game :( ]

First time I used the scar I didn't like it because the recoil made it useless at long range, but I've been using it again today in the same way I would use a smg and I find it to be pretty good in that role.

Ryck

First time I used the scar I didn't like it because the recoil made it useless at long range, but I've been using it again today in the same way I would use a smg and I find it to be pretty good in that role.
Fore grip is kinda necessary unless you get used to the recoil. I found it quite effective at range as long as you tap the trigger.

Jack_AG

Banned
Pretty pissed off, I had a really good game (54-9 or something like that) and for whatever reason it didn't record the game properly.

I go to watch it again and things just stop half way through. :( I don't even know if I got credit for all the work now cause on the game's record it says I got like 24-5 (which I was at the point when the video just randomly stops) and cause the stats are so useless now (I miss BOs1) I can't tell what my highest streak is or anything?

Might seem like no big deal but I'm not the greatest player in history so it felt like a good achievement to me!

I've only had a few games where lag comp worked in my favor where I managed higher than 3 KD - each of those games wont show up in theater and only show up in Elite as 0/0 both in team scores and KD. Only the games where I go positive over 3 does it not show up.

I just ignore stats altogether. Fuck. Might even completely reset everything next prestige since nothing in this game works correctly when it comes to SIMPLE FUCKING MATH.

I will probably reach prestige soon, not so sure if I want to play that much after this. But I'm really looking forward to Battlefield 4 now, at least you can survive there a lot longer without getting shot in the back, those maps are so small... And playing the sniper/recon class was actually fun.

Sethos

Banned
Slowly going through the campaign on PC, they really worked some magic with the engine. Lots of beautiful places. Especially this view in the rain was a surprise.

idM8OGaJPiNgP.gif

Wow 360 is an unplayable laggy mess right now.

I've got to assume this is only happening to Europeans right now.

I live in the central U.S, and I would say at this point the matches that feel laggy are the exception, not the rule.

I'm beginning to wonder if half the complaining in here is coming from people who used Assassin in MW3, and are having a hard time dealing with being on the radar more often.

When did COD players stop using voice chat, I quit MW2 because of how annoying people were

Public voice chat died when Xbox Live started party chats in 2008. MW2 was still crazy because Infinity Ward stupidly forced everyone to use public chat in everything except Ground War and one other thing.

PS3 BO2 voice chat is still very talkative because they have no party chat system.

Remmy2112

The game is purposefully trolling me now.

no.gif

Actually intentionally putting care packages outside of the map can be a valid tactic. You can recover them from a distance with a black hat tactical and if you have engineer you can even do it through walls. Prevents your care package from getting stolen by anyone not also using a black hat.

The worst part of the SP, for me, was how often and for how long they take control away from you to look at things, get knocked down by explosions, and ridiculous shit like jumping onto tanks. I want to replay the game to get challenges and stuff and mess around with guns, but the ratio of having to watch stuff passively versus actual playing the game is just so bad.

Ryck

I live in the central U.S, and I would say at this point the matches that feel laggy are the exception, not the rule.

I'm beginning to wonder if half the complaining in here is coming from people who used Assassin in MW3, and are having a hard time dealing with being on the radar more often.
No, no, no and no the game is laggy as hell, sometimes I die before I even see the person on screen ( that one is the best). Look at my GT and look at how many UAV's I've shot down, I am never on radar, the game has lag and plenty of it.

On the plus side I feel like I am becoming a better player due to it, if and when it is fixed I am going to run rampant.

That's it. Ghost is going on all my classes until they fix the bug where not all enemy UAV announcements are made/displayed above the killfeed. I am so fucking sick and tired of hearing a UAV announcement, looking up to shoot it with a launcher, and seeing there are 2-3 of the things in the air. Also, dying, respawning, and looking up to see a UAV in the air that was never announced. They have always had problems with this since they started this concept of killable UAVs in MW2 and still can't fucking figure out how to get the announcements to work every time. Fucking incredible.

Thank Jebus for the "Mute all" function. It was annoying muting people individually in past COD games.

Were you around in the early days of PS3 CoD4 before they even patched in the mute function? *shudder*

Those were dark days, my friend. Dark, dark days.

So to get diamond camo, I just have to get gold on all the weapons in a particular class? Like get gold for all the ARs?

Mr. Enigma said:
That's it. Ghost is going on all my classes until they fix the bug where not all enemy UAV announcements are made/displayed above the killfeed. I am so fucking sick and tired of hearing a UAV announcement, looking up to shoot it with a launcher, and seeing there are 2-3 of the things in the air. Also, dying, respawning, and looking up to see a UAV in the air that was never announced. They have always had problems with this since they started this concept of killable UAVs in MW2 and still can't fucking figure out how to get the announcements to work every time. Fucking incredible.

Heh, ghost is my permanent unlock in prestige.

Unlocked my gold FAL camo last night.
Had to get 150 kills without any attatchments, and 150 kills without using any perks. Among other requirements.

Just jumped online an hour ago. Got a message when I tried to fire up multiplayer.
"It appears the persistent stats for (My name) have been corrupted. Your rank has been restored to the last backup point." Something like that.

Basically, I just lost all the FAL gun camo work I did all yesterday, and lost maybe 5-10 ranks?

Way to go, Treyarch. SoB!!

Hilti92

So GAF, what has been your best game so far? I just had my best game of COD ever by going 19-1 in Yemen. So far, I've been killing this COD with a 1.08 K/D. I consider that good because I had .70 - .80 in the old COD games. Also had a 16-3 game in Turbine recently. Game is great when you're doing great.

So GAF, what has been your best game so far? I just had my best game of COD ever by going 19-1 in Yemen. So far, I've been killing this COD with a 1.08 K/D. I consider that good because I had .70 - .80 in the old COD games. Also had a 16-3 game in Turbine recently. Game is great when you're doing great.

Have had some ridiculous games where I go 20-30+. Doesn't happen too often anymore. Everyone is too camp happy. Ever since I've been trying to get gold on most of the ARs, my k/d has taken a nosedive. Was 1.50, and now it's down to 1.35. Don't really care though. As long as I break even and we win I'm more or less happy.

Holy shit. How long are the games you guys play? Couldnt imagine even 30 kills.

I am NOT a good player and I have had Domination matches where I finished with 35+ kills. Score streaks seem pretty effective in this game; not sure if that's due to it being early days...

Top Bottom