• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

You have to understand that rangersfan is much better than all of us, and those of us with a rushing "high kill and high death" playstyle suck at the game because our k/ds aren't good enough.

Welcome to the Call of Duty community. Enjoy your stay;

Kill Confirmed gives way too much score for collecting tags.
An orbital vsat becomes a 7 killstreak with hardline.

While in a party of 3 (One of my friends sucks though with only a 1.3 k/d)...me and my good friend got on average 3 lodestars and vtol warships a game each and we'd have to alternate who calls in what all game because there was air support 24/7 and vsat 24/7....In the end we started calling in our lodestars and vtols at the same time, cause otherwise they'd overlap or the game would end with them in our pocket.

My spreads were 48-0...42-2...64-3...54-5 and there were many others similar and those are just what i remember.

Of course theater mode only saved one game cause all the others had host migrations or they didn't save :p And the one it saved was one of the worst when combined we only had 4 vtols and 4 lodestars :/

EDIT: And we had a lvl 18 and splitscreeners on our team every time and most kills they ever got (all 3 randoms combined) was 7 in a game. These kids would get like 1 kill in a full 10 minute game lol.

You're so cool!

Lol I'm getting hate because I'm showing how bad a game mode can get?
Having an Orbital VSAT be a 7 killstreak is worse than the Blackbird in Black Ops.

And having a rushing playstyle with high kills and high deaths means you do suck. I understand people play for fun and fuck around etc... but if you're actually trying and just run in and get a kill or two and die, you're not doing anything.

The best is when you have a rushing playstyle, play the objective, but still manage high kill low death because you can hold your own with gunfights.

Honestly, anybody with less than 2.5k/d isn't that good and everybody puts 2k/d on a pedestal, but it's really not that great. If i look at kill deaths of people in a lobby and i see 2.3 or something, then i'm not scared at all and know the game will be pretty easy.

But yeah the main point of the first post is that KC gives too much score for tags. When one person has a vtol/lodestar up, another can just pick up tags from air support deaths and get 100 score for each and get another vsat off that alone. It's ridiculous.

And i wasn't showing off how good i am...i don't even have anything to show off. I've been struggling and only have a 2.37 k/d right now and I wouldn't classify myself as an amazing player til i have at least a 3, while still maintaining solid objective play.

EDIT: And part of the poor play is the horrible lag compensation. When going back to play MW3, it's amazing how smooth that game feels.
And also BruiserBear, this game never had skill based matchmaking in public match. I've always gotten into lobbies with nobody near my k/d. And it's intended for league play, but not too many people play that anyway, so you really don't get matched up based off skill in that either.

Having an Orbital VSAT be a 7 killstreak is worse than the Blackbird in Black Ops.

And having a rushing playstyle with high kills and high deaths means you do suck. I understand people play for fun and fuck around etc... but if you're actually trying and just run in and get a kill or two and die, you're not doing anything.

The best is when you have a rushing playstyle, play the objective, but still manage high kill low death because you can hold your own with gunfights.

Honestly, anybody with less than 2.5k/d isn't that good and everybody puts 2k/d on a pedestal, but it's really not that great. If i look at kill deaths of people in a lobby and i see 2.3 or something, then i'm not scared at all and know the game will be pretty easy.

But yeah the main point of the first post is that KC gives too much score for tags. When one person has a vtol/lodestar up, another can just pick up tags from air support deaths and get 100 score for each and get another vsat off that alone. It's ridiculous.

And i wasn't showing off how good i am...i don't even have anything to show off. I've been struggling and only have a 2.37 k/d right now and I wouldn't classify myself as an amazing player til i have at least a 3, while still maintaining solid objective play.

Andddd you're a dbag. I think we're done here.

Don't preach to me about playing the objective. I consistanty have the highest numbers for that. Hard to play and go positive with nades and all other bullshit with the objective placement in this game.

Voltron64

Kill Confirmed gives way too much score for collecting tags.
An orbital vsat becomes a 7 killstreak with hardline.

While in a party of 3 (One of my friends sucks though with only a 1.3 k/d)...me and my good friend got on average 3 lodestars and vtol warships a game each and we'd have to alternate who calls in what all game because there was air support 24/7 and vsat 24/7....In the end we started calling in our lodestars and vtols at the same time, cause otherwise they'd overlap or the game would end with them in our pocket.

My spreads were 48-0...42-2...64-3...54-5 and there were many others similar and those are just what i remember.

Of course theater mode only saved one game cause all the others had host migrations or they didn't save :p And the one it saved was one of the worst when combined we only had 4 vtols and 4 lodestars :/

EDIT: And we had a lvl 18 and splitscreeners on our team every time and most kills they ever got (all 3 randoms combined) was 7 in a game. These kids would get like 1 kill in a full 10 minute game lol.
http://youtu.be/wqydX_rCJ54

Andddd you're a dbag. I think we're done here.

Don't preach to me about playing the objective. I consistanty have the highest numbers for that. Hard to play with nades and all other bullshit with the objective placement in this game.

That's awesome. Objective play is what everybody should be doing. People who consider themselves great slayers, but never play the objective aren't good. They're just taking advantage of others that are playing it.

But what about the person that goes 2-15 in a round of demo and plants a bomb that only gets defused right after. Or a guy that goes 4-16 in domination capping 5 flags in the process. They're really not helping the team at all. All they're doing is giving away killstreaks most of the time, which can be real game changers.

If you go 33-10 and have 8 caps or a plant or defuse, then you did a solid job preventing enemies from getting to the objective and once they did, you did well killing them and retaking it or defusing.

And also BruiserBear, this game never had skill based matchmaking in public match. I've always gotten into lobbies with nobody near my k/d. And it's intended for league play, but not too many people play that anyway, so you really don't get matched up based off skill in that either.

I'm going to stroke your large ego when I say this, but there aren't that many 2.0 k/d players to match you up to.

Someone like myself though, with a 1.5, I was strictly being matched with people of similar stats. It was a constant.

The moment that patch hit Friday I saw the difference. Lobbies were full of random k/d ratios and I was having a field day with the sub 1.0 guys all weekend.

I'm going to stroke your large ego when I say this, but there aren't that many 2.0 k/d players to match you up to.

Someone like myself though, with a 1.5, I was strictly being matched with people of similar stats. It was a constant.

The moment that patch hit Friday I saw the difference. Lobbies were full of random k/d ratios and I was having a field day with the sub 1.0 guys all weekend.

Fair enough. I would still think that out of the thousands of people playing, who aren't split up yet cause no dlcs are out, there would be enough to get a lobby full of 12 people all 2+ k/d.

And a 1.5 k/d for TDM is fine cause i know thats basically all you play. Anything higher than 1 is good for TDM cause you're helping your team win. Going 1-0 is better than a guy going 8-10.

Fair enough. I would still think that out of the thousands of people playing, who aren't split up yet cause no dlcs are out, there would be enough to get a lobby full of 12 people all 2+ k/d.

And a 1.5 k/d for TDM is fine cause i know thats basically all you play. Anything higher than 1 is good for TDM cause you're helping your team win. Going 1-0 is better than a guy going 8-10.

So by association, however, I'm bad because my k/d is 1.1 when I constantly plant 4-5 bombs a game and defuse 2-3 as well? And yes, at least 70-75% of them end up being detonated.

So by association, however, I'm bad because my k/d is 1.1 when I constantly plant 4-5 bombs a game and defuse 2-3 as well? And yes, at least 70-75% of them end up being detonated.

I guess I'll get more hate by this response but I won't let it bring me down :p

In Black Ops 2 demolition, with the static spawns where each team has their base, crossing the halfway point of the map is huge for map control. Wouldn't you rather be able to run towards their base and get kills then have them all up in yours killing you? A map like slums is a perfect example because whichever team has the fountain/statue area in the middle can dominate regardless of which side they're on because the other team is only stuck on their side of the map. With a 1.1k/d you'll just be getting a kill and dying right after, so it's hard to gain map control to complete objectives. If you could hold your own and be able to win gunfights and know where to go and which gunfights to avoid etc.., then the other team is pushed back making it easier for you or teammates to complete an objective.

So if you had higher than 1.1k/d, you wouldn't need to plant 4-5 bombs a game which is an absurd amount. If a whole team combined had that many plants, then the game must've been a huge battle. With a higher kill to death ratio, you'd be able to plant 1 bomb a game (possibly 2) and get them destroyed. The other team would only have their side of the map to play and wouldn't be able to have a chance to defuse. It's pretty hard to spawnkill if you have no map control cause if you do somehow break free to the other side, the other team will be outnumbering you and you won't last long and you won't be helping your team.

And props to you with your defuses. Unless you kill the planter in the first 5 seconds or so, defuses can be difficult to achieve. Usually, you can't just run in and defuse. You would normally kill a person or two and then place a betty or shock or something in front of you, that way they are slowed down when they come back and then you can hopefully defuse safely. It usually takes more than one teammate to have a defuse go through too.

HOWEVER, (another comment that will get me hated), if you had higher than a 1.1k/d, most games (not all) the other team wouldn't even get a plant off, especially if your team has solid map control. Teammates that stay back and camp bombsites aren't helping because the enemies have map control and will easily flush out the bomb area and then move up to your base, which is exactly why i have about plant to defuse ratio is 3.00 because defuse opportunities don't come along as often.

In MW3, most games would go to overtime and it heavily favored offense. This came actually favors defense, which makes getting plants off pretty hard and it feels rewarding getting 500xp when you finally plant and destroy. And because defense is favored, you should easily win your defense round and then if you're good enough to destroy bombsites, most games end with a 2-0 victory :D

In Black Ops 2 demolition, with the static spawns where each team has their base, crossing the halfway point of the map is huge for map control. Wouldn't you rather be able to run towards their base and get kills then have them all up in yours killing you? A map like slums is a perfect example because whichever team has the fountain/statue area in the middle can dominate regardless of which side they're on because the other team is only stuck on their side of the map. With a 1.1k/d you'll just be getting a kill and dying right after, so it's hard to gain map control to complete objectives. If you could hold your own and be able to win gunfights and know where to go and which gunfights to avoid etc.., then the other team is pushed back making it easier for you or teammates to complete an objective.

So if you had higher than 1.1k/d, you wouldn't need to plant 4-5 bombs a game which is an absurd amount. If a whole team combined had that many plants, then the game must've been a huge battle. With a higher kill to death ratio, you'd be able to plant 1 bomb a game (possibly 2) and get them destroyed. The other team would only have their side of the map to play and wouldn't be able to have a chance to defuse. It's pretty hard to spawnkill if you have no map control cause if you do somehow break free to the other side, the other team will be outnumbering you and you won't last long and you won't be helping your team.

And props to you with your defuses. Unless you kill the planter in the first 5 seconds or so, defuses can be difficult to achieve. Usually, you can't just run in and defuse. You would normally kill a person or two and then place a betty or shock or something in front of you, that way they are slowed down when they come back and then you can hopefully defuse safely. It usually takes more than one teammate to have a defuse go through too.

HOWEVER, (another comment that will get me hated), if you had higher than a 1.1k/d, most games (not all) the other team wouldn't even get a plant off, especially if your team has solid map control. Teammates that stay back and camp bombsites aren't helping because the enemies have map control and will easily flush out the bomb area and then move up to your base, which is exactly why i have about plant to defuse ratio is 3.00 because defuse opportunities don't come along as often.

In MW3, most games would go to overtime and it heavily favored offense. This came actually favors defense, which makes getting plants off pretty hard and it feels rewarding getting 500xp when you finally plant and destroy. And because defense is favored, you should easily win your defense round and then if you're good enough to destroy bombsites, most games end with a 2-0 victory :D

cattellingyoutostoptyping.gif

00-keyboardcatp11.gif

Milly79

You have to understand that rangersfan is much better than all of us, and those of us with a rushing "high kill and high death" playstyle suck at the game because our k/ds aren't good enough.

Welcome to the Call of Duty community. Enjoy your stay;

Sox, man. I never thought we'd form a bond, but Jesus. I've been wanting to say that for a while now, as all his posts are soooo braggy.

EDIT: And part of the poor play is the horrible lag compensation. When going back to play MW3, it's amazing how smooth that game feels.

Quick question, if all I do is rush and I have a 2-2.5 K/D and all I play is TDM and FFA, where does that leave me?

Objective play with a high K/D isn't all that great IMO since you can easily get a high one by playing with a team of good players in a party constantly and have an advantage over all the teams of randoms you get put against. That's how many of the "objective" players get their high K/D. Actually you could make that case for TDM too.

Quick question, if all I do is rush and I have a 2-2.5 K/D and all I play is TDM and FFA, where does that leave me?

Objective play with a high K/D isn't all that great IMO since you can easily get a high one by playing with a team of good players in a party constantly and have an advantage over all the teams of randoms you get put against. That's how many of the "objective" players get their high K/D. Actually you could make that case for TDM too.

Yeah parties definitely effect gameplay, which is why W/L really just shows how much you play with a party.

That k/d for TDM is solid because you are definitely helping your team if you get more than like 12-13 kills. FFA it's pretty good too, but I guess it depends how quickly you win. A typical FFA should be won in 3-4 minutes with some bad games going 5 mins and some good ones only being 90 seconds or so on small maps. Regardless though, FFA has a huge learning curve so that k/d is great for it and should probably rise the more you play.

Sox, man. I never thought we'd form a bond, but Jesus. I've been wanting to say that for a while now, as all his posts are soooo braggy.

NHL 12 and Black Ops 2 are two completely different games and I treat them as such. As such, being on my team in each are drastically different things. :lol

That said, if you or anyone else here want to hit me up, feel free. Tired of playing with randoms.

GT is Jacob is Angry for now. Will be changed back shortly, but hey.

Ranger. In my time playing against/with you tonight, I saw:

-Dual KAP40s. Namely, sitting in corners prone/crouched with them
-Headglitching a barrel in front of a bomb, aimed down sight into our spawn building with a red dot
-Spawncamping

It's easy to artificially inflate your k/d when you do bullshit like this. Why preach about skill when you do this bullshit?

I don't mean to be an ass, but ffs, dude.

Milly79

-Headglitching a barrel in front of a bomb, aimed down sight into our spawn building with a red dot
-Spawncamping

It's easy to artificially inflate your k/d when you do bullshit like this. Why preach about skill when you do this bullshit?

LOL

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

-Spawncamping

ibmvebLwLZmBkh.gif

Card Boy

Banned

-Spawncamping

And he only has a 1.3 ratio after doing all that?

You want to hear bigger bragging than Ranger? I got a 1.65 RDR and i mostly do crazy builds like Ballistic knife only, Akimbo Five 7's, 6 perk builds. I never stay in the same spot for more than 5 seconds i always run and gun. If camped i reckon i can get a 3 KDR in every match easy.

maomaoIYP

If you never play with a party in TDM that sort of K/D would either make you a very good rusher or a very good camper depending on your SPM. It's still very easy to stomp pubs in TDM if you have 6 man team even if they're only moderately skilled.

HiiiLife

It's getting to the point where I can do good consecutively on Kill Confirmed.

40+ kills per match with 30+ tags. At least 3 or 4 vsats and 3 lodestars per match.

I'm loving it.

-Spawncamping

lakers-reaction.gif

Fuck head glitching

Thats all.

I don't blame people for keeping themselves covered as much as possible. That's smart. What I don't understand is how I can get 3 hitmarkers with an assault rifle on someone head glitching. Shouldn't all of my hits count as headshots, since that's clearly the only target I'm aiming at? Or is the "glitch" part of head glitching that any collisions count as shots to the body?

I don't blame people for keeping themselves covered as much as possible. That's smart. What I don't understand is how I can get 3 hitmarkers with an assault rifle on someone head glitching. Shouldn't all of my hits count as headshots, since that's clearly the only target I'm aiming at? Or is the "glitch" part of head glitching that any collisions count as shots to the body?

People call it headglitching cause the character has their gun around their waist but are shooting out of their head.

But in reality, the player is putting the gun up to their eyes to aim down sight and kill you, but theres no animation for that.

People call it headglitching but there is no glitch about it.

People call it headglitching cause the character has their gun around their waist but are shooting out of their head.

But in reality, the player is putting the gun up to their eyes to aim down sight and kill you, but theres no animation for that.

People call it headglitching but there is no glitch about it.

But if all I can see is their head and I shoot them, shouldn't my shots be all headshots (discounting shots that go through cover)? I ask because I've hit people in the face a lot, and I get a lot of hitmarkers in this so-called "head glitching". But shouldn't these hitmarkers all be headshots? Or is this a lag comp/hit detection problem?

But if all I can see is their head and I shoot them, shouldn't my shots be all headshots (discounting shots that go through cover)? I ask because I've hit people in the face a lot, and I get a lot of hitmarkers in this so-called "head glitching". But shouldn't these hitmarkers all be headshots? Or is this a lag comp/hit detection problem?

It's lag for the most part. Theres many times when the final killcam was a headshot in the killfeed, except the bullets show him shooting nowhere near the head or the other way around when they don't get a headshot, but all they do is shoot the head. Headshots are more of a random thing in call of duty, which gives firefights sometimes random instadeaths if people get headshots. Theres no exploit to it...It's using cover and if it was a glitch, it would've been patched already considering it's been around for like 7 years already or something crazy like that.

It's lag for the most part. Theres many times when the final killcam was a headshot in the killfeed, except the bullets show him shooting nowhere near the head or the other way around when they don't get a headshot, but all they do is shoot the head. Headshots are more of a random thing in call of duty, which gives firefights sometimes random instadeaths if people get headshots. Theres no exploit to it...It's using cover and if it was a glitch, it would've been patched already considering it's been around for like 7 years already or something crazy like that.

Ok. I don't trust killcams. But I just know on my screen, I've seen people's heads popping up behind cover as they try to shoot me. I shoot them, but I've gotten several hitmarkers. I just think to myself that those should've been headshots, since I'm clearly only able to aim at their head.

Fuck head glitching

Thats all.

But we all head glitch though at one point or another, even if we don't intend to.You can't blame people when you're perspective makes it seem like your less covered than you really are and when damn near all the cover placed about is neck high. Plus shooting from cover is the smart thing to do, so I can't be mad when someone does it.

You sure it's just not you penetrating the cover they're behind that's giving you the hitmarkers instead of you landing straight headshots?

Because it can't be fixed. If it shot from the gun, people would be fucked because it'd be extremely difficult to judge where the shots would go. It's taking advantage of something and it's not only cheap, but requires absolutely no skill to use. I could get a fucking 2.5 if I did all the shit you were.

Ok. I don't trust killcams. But I just know on my screen, I've seen people's heads popping up behind cover as they try to shoot me. I shoot them, but I've gotten several hitmarkers. I just think to myself that those should've been headshots, since I'm clearly only able to aim at their head.

Yeah, logically that makes sense. I don't know why it doesn't give headshots too often. I know if you do it with an assault shield, when you die, it'll mostly be headshot deaths. It should be a headshot all the time, but it isn't and nobody knows why. Headshot detection in these games isn't the best.

Xux

I believe it's aim assist pulling the bullets towards center mass which'll be through the cover in this instance.

You sure it's just not you penetrating the cover they're behind that's giving you the hitmarkers instead of you landing straight headshots?

I can't know for certain. Sure, some of the time I'm penetrating cover because my aim is off or the spread of the bullets isn't in my favor. But I notice it happens quite a bit, where I swear my cursor was over their face. Could be lag though. Or it could be my own bias that I tend to notice it most when it's not in my favor.

I believe it's aim assist pulling the bullets towards center mass which'll be through the cover in this instance.

Heh. That'd be an ironic "assist".

Acinixys

Dual KAP40s

This is seriously the most babby easy mode buile in the game. Dual wield KAPs with long barrel are retarded over powered. I understand that they beefed up the pistols to make them a valid choice, but geez 3arc.

I played against a clan (4 guys)who only used dual KAPs. So gay

I can attest to that... There definitely was some sort of skill-based matchmaking pre patch whether they want to admit it or not. For example, I just prestiged this morning (did a complete reset after prestiging the first time) and my kd was hovering at 1.40 before the patch yet now I've gone up slightly to a 1.68 because I find myself playing "lesser skilled" players a lot more frequently.

Edit: ranger just stop it. 90 second FFA matches? Lol. Wtf. Link me to some oh great one...

I just thought of a time where I got the hitmarkers on someone "head glitching" and it couldn't possibly have been penetration of cover.

On Express, when someone slowly creeps up the stairs towards one of the walkways, it can appear as if you only see their head. If I fire at them, I can get 3 hitmarkers with my MTAR and then die. Those should be headshots. I can't be penetrating cover because of the angle they're approaching at. This happens to me at least once every time I play on Express.

eek5

I just thought of a time where I got the hitmarkers on someone "head glitching" and it couldn't possibly have been penetration of cover.

On Express, when someone slowly creeps up the stairs towards one of the walkways, it can appear as if you only see their head. If I fire at them, I can get 3 hitmarkers with my MTAR and then die. Those should be headshots. I can't be penetrating cover because of the angle they're approaching at. This happens to me at least once every time I play on Express.

The damage multiplier dropped a ton in BO2. It used to be 1.4x for everything IIRC but now it's only 1.2.

MTAR drops to 24 damage pretty rapidly (123 "units" or whatever). HS multiplier is 1.2x so 24*3*1.2 is only 86.4 damage; not enough to kill.

Xux

Gosh, I've noticed just now that in Theater Mode there is no killcam (at least on PC). Did Treyarch talk about a fix?
I remember hearing that this was on purpose for BO since you could just just switch to the other person's viewpoint manually.

The damage multiplier dropped a ton in BO2. It used to be 1.4x for everything IIRC but now it's only 1.2.

MTAR drops to 24 damage pretty rapidly (123 "units" or whatever). HS multiplier is 1.2x so 24*3*1.2 is only 86.4 damage; not enough to kill.

That'll do it. Thanks. I'm always baffled by shooting someone three times in the face and then dying.

Top Bottom