• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Tokubetsu

So I went up to Win8 now whenever I launch the game in steam I get a "Error during initialization: Unhandled exception caught " error. Lovely.

Does Cold-Blooded work on dogs? Or is there some known glitch where dogs just don't attack you sometimes? I was on a match in NT 24/7 today and I had recently prestiged and haven't unlocked Scavenger yet so I was just rocking the default Cold-Blooded. Enemy gets dogs in a package and calls them and they just ignore me.

Dogs on Nuke Town when they aren't attacking you is hilarious and a little sad. You notice all the yelping and the tons of dead dogs lying around more when they aren't trying to eat you. But yeah, I was shocked. It must repel dogs or there was some weird glitch.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Decreased suppressed SMG range.. lame.

Was really hoping to see pistols nerfed. Instead they only buff the executioner.

Fixed an issue where bullets would not fire straight immediately after aiming down the sight while moving at the same time.

I am dumbfounded about how the game could launch with this issue and take over two months to fix. Unbelievable, Treyarch.

eek5

YAY! We have a medals page now

08gVoEG.png

:D

Nebula

FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
FAL OSW: increased hip spread.

YES! YES! YES!

Thank you so very much. Glad to see this finally getting addressed. Also nice to see that they slightly buffed the other assault rifles. I guess Treyarch are seeing that ARs are not being used a great amount excluding the FAL in the magic stats monitoring system they have.

God, this game is such fucking trash. Why the fuck does everything move so FAST. It feels like I'm playing Unreal Tournament sometimes.

Also, this game's spawn system was designed by a retarded mutant. Easily the worst I've ever seen in a CoD game. Spawning right in front of enemies on TDM. Fuck off, Treyarch.

Nebula

Trust me, it is still OP as hell.

Larger hip fire is great for me as a shotgun abuser. The FAL outdid me way to often up close. Hopefully this ups my chances of winning in CQC.

God, this game is such fucking trash. Why the fuck does everything move so FAST. It feels like I'm playing Unreal Tournament sometimes.

Also, this game's spawn system was designed by a retarded mutant. Easily the worst I've ever seen in a CoD game. Spawning right in front of enemies on TDM. Fuck off, Treyarch.

Spawns have always been a mystery to be honest. I don't see how you can be making a game this long, and have a studio elsewhere doing pretty much the same thing, yet neither of them have figured out how to improve the spawns. Not sure about the speed issue you're having though. That's the first person I've heard mention it being an issue.

eek5

Larger hip fire is great for me as a shotgun abuser. The FAL outdid me way to often up close. Hopefully this ups my chances of winning in CQC.

Without looking/testing, I'm guessing it has the same hip fire spread as the SMR now. Should still be pretty good.

eek5

executioner is quite good now

friend who uses FAL+SF says it is still good. I stopped using SF last patch so I can't comment on it

M27/SCAR felt more or less the same to me. I don't think the multiplier on SCAR HS changed at all because it's still 2HS or 1HS+2S up close which means the damage at the close range is still the same as it used to be. Hard to test other ranges but I don't get a lot of headshots anyway so probably won't help much there.

M27 4HK range is about 1 house in nuketown to the other.. maybe a bit further. It should be pretty good for most maps in "mid range". Interestingly enough it looks a lot like where the SMR switches to 3HK which is exactly where the 4hk range switched before so I'm not sure how much they increased it but it doesn't seem like much.

SWAT burst delay is still pretty long. If you miss you're pretty screwed still. I would've preferred a delay similar to SMR

Jrmint

Tested the FAL in a private match and looks they added a good bit of vertical recoil.
After further testing it really doesn't matter. The gun will still kill so fast at medium range that the recoil is moot.

Up to longer distances it will definitely be noticeable but the long distance firefights in this game are so sparse.

Wonder how much the LMG aim time was reduced. It was pretty excessive before.
Before it was 0.48 (0.36 with QD). Hopefully it got changed to 0.36 (0.24 with QD) or something close to that

Still no Remington nerf?

That gun is as bad as the SPAS-12 from MW2.
Lol no. The gun is not the spas-12 from mw2. That gun had ridiculous range and was usable for long range maps. The 870 sucks past its short ohk range

M.W.

So, they didn't patch anything that was actually wrong with the game? Well, besides a few things...lame patch. There needs to be something done about the lag issue. No DLC for me until that is addressed.

Playing solo, searching for best connection, 24-4 u/d, direct into modem...still had laggy games where I felt I behind most players. This will never change; I don't believe IW/Trey/Activision really care either, besides the fact they probably don't know how to fix it.

I imagine the values changes to the AR and the other weapons are fairly small.
Even everything total taken into consideration, these patches are insignificant to the overall problem with this game.
Most of the time, I feel like I'm playing a laggy-ass pray-n-spray autoaim clusterfuck.
Nothing in the patch addressed that.

...I'll be on tonight partying up with friends, smoking the CoD Crackpipe, and trying to get new camos for my Executioner in HCTDM.
:D

zeelman

Yeah, I like some of the tweaks (especially the Scorestreak ones), but the biggest issue hasn't been touched at all. Today the connections are terrible for me. I had a ton of great KSG games the past two days, and today I went severely negative with it each game.

I think the spawns are even worse now, and this patch didn't even touch that! I constantly have people spawning in front of me, and I kept spawning in front of them.

It seems like they've done a lot less with Black Ops 2 than they had done with Black Ops 1 two months into it.

Another thing MW3 did correct. Not only did their game come out with barely any mistakes, they still put out a shitload of patches to correct or change whatever they wanted to. They had several title updates if it was today last year and then they had one come out every month, which is as quick as they can do it anyway cause of the certification process.

EDIT: MW3 had EIGHT title updates at this date last year. An average of 4 a month.

And 23 total, which is about 2 a month going the full year. They had phenomenal support to fix whatever glitches showed up and their gameplay balance was great from the start. They fixed a few things, such as making the FMG9s weaker and now everything in the game is as perfect as can be.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sometimes when playing Blops 2 mp on my personal computer, I feel like the lord was guiding the hands of Treyarch as they crafted the experience.

Another thing MW3 did correct. Not only did their game come out with barely any mistakes, they still put out a shitload of patches to correct or change whatever they wanted to. They had several title updates if it was today last year and then they had one come out every month, which is as quick as they can do it anyway cause of the certification process.

EDIT: MW3 had EIGHT title updates at this date last year. An average of 4 a month.

And 23 total, which is about 2 a month going the full year. They had phenomenal support to fix whatever glitches showed up and their gameplay balance was great from the start. They fixed a few things, such as making the FMG9s weaker and now everything in the game is as perfect as can be.

Not only that, IW at least ACKNOWLEDGED there was an issue with lag/lag compensation and addressed it in several patches, and did so consistently. Treyarch on the other hand refuses to acknowledge the issue and instead blames the consumer's bandwidth as the cause.

Let's take a look at the MW3 patch notes:

Title Update 3:
LAG improvements

Title Update 4:
Change to address hitching and lag in gameplay

Title Update 5:
Further improvements for hitching and addressing lag in gameplay

Title Update 6:
Additional improvements to address lag

Title Update 7:
Improvement to address "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Compensation" that caused hosts with good connections to be hindered.

Title Update 8:
Networking enhancements.
Further improvements to "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Comp."

Title Update 11:
Anti-lag balance adjustment for 1/2 bar connections vs. 3/4 bar connections
Additional anti-lag tuning

Title Update 19:
Improvements to lag compensation

Title Update 23:
Significantly reduced lag spikes caused when someone joined a match in progress.

Now let's take a look at the BO2 patch notes addressing lag issues:

LYEnHOf.gif

Radec

Vector with Silencer and Quick Mags is ridiculously good. Almost no recoil, and great fire rate. Only downside is ammo.

GAMERG0D

"Addressed multiple UI issues."

I just got on and can't change my emblem. :/

Edit: I can edit my emblem now but it says I have a new SMG when I really don't. I'm going to assume it's data files for the new SMG in the DLC. For the record, I have the Season Pass, my friend doesn't and the "New" message for SMGs is not there for him.

Top Bottom