• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

GodofWine

Last night we had a 6 man party playing TDM and we decided to see what would happen if we all "wormed"...the result was something like a three game victory streak averaging 75-40 or so.

the last game was on meltdown and the other team started to do the same thing...stupid good fun..emphasis on the stupid though.

but it is effective, almost a broken mechanic how well it works.

zeelman

Last night we had a 6 man party playing TDM and we decided to see what would happen if we all "wormed"...the result was something like a three game victory streak averaging 75-40 or so.

the last game was on meltdown and the other team started to do the same thing...stupid good fun..emphasis on the stupid though.

but it is effective, almost a broken mechanic how well it works.

Its amazing how randoms have no idea how to deal with it. I had a game of KC last week where two people on the enemy team where doing it, and none of the randoms on my team bothered to use EMP grenades or Blackhats. They just kept running in there over and over again.

GodofWine

Its amazing how randoms have no idea how to deal with it. I had a game of KC last week where two people on the enemy team where doing it, and none of the randoms on my team bothered to use EMP grenades or Blackhats. They just kept running in there over and over again.

i think my favorite moment was after i was killed, i was working my way back to "that room" and when i got to the stairs 4 of them were just standing on the stairs trying to figure out how to rush the room...so i mowed them down.

i now have an emp and a lethal grenade in one class just for these situations.

Mr. Black

Banned
Every class I use is equipped with emp and engineer. Can't play without EMP + Engineer. When I play without them it's so frustrating to be killed by bouncing betties/sentries etc.

zeelman

At this point I'm kinda getting a feel for where people throw equipment so I don't always have to rely on Engineer. EMP grenades have a large enough radius that I can just chuck them in the general direction of my enemies and destroy their equipment.

For me I have blind eye on everything. I cannot stand being taken out by a drone during an awesome streak and whenever I hear the enemy launched one, I always know it's gonna be me that gets hit :p
Still get taken down my teammates who've been targeted and won't keep away from me though.

When r we gonna play again? :p

You going to be online tonight? And, to anyone else, who's playing tonight on 360? I'm going to grab Double XP by the horns and level my ass up like there's no tomorrow.

Also, rangersfan414 is an admirable player. Played like a champ last night and dealt with my lame-ass two bar performance....

789shadow

Banned
You going to be online tonight? And, to anyone else, who's playing tonight on 360? I'm going to grab Double XP by the horns and level my ass up like there's no tomorrow.

Also, rangersfan414 is an admirable player. Played like a champ last night and dealt with my lame-ass two bar performance....
I might get on tonight, if you'll have me.

Thanks, you didn't really do that bad at all. I'm so ready to play nuketown for hours straight. I should be able to get at least 2 prestiges done if i play a decent amount of time this weekend. Nuketown is also a great time to rank up weapons and go for the crazy ultra killer stuff :D

Just PM me or post on here whenever you're online and ready. I'll probably just be watching hockey on tv so i'll be available to get on whenever. Then you can experience getting destroyed by snipers with me on the smallest map in the game lol.

Thanks, you didn't really do that bad at all. I'm so ready to play nuketown for hours straight. I should be able to get at least 2 prestiges done if i play a decent amount of time this weekend. Nuketown is also a great time to rank up weapons and go for the crazy ultra killer stuff :D

Just PM me or post on here whenever you're online and ready. I'll probably just be watching hockey on tv so i'll be available to get on whenever. Then you can experience getting destroyed by snipers with me on the smallest map in the game lol.

Word, I'll hit you up tonight when I'm online.

As for me not playing that bad, dude, I did. My k/d isn't super high, but I pride myself on usually falling around a 1.7-2.5 each match. Going negative is pretty rare for me. I was really, really surprised about how having such a crappy connection last night really affected my performance. *shakes fist at Internet*

CyReN

What time does double XP start?

up now.

XgSGkWk.jpg

Word, I'll hit you up tonight when I'm online.

As for me not playing that bad, dude, I did. My k/d isn't super high, but I pride myself on usually falling around a 1.7-2.5 each match. Going negative is pretty rare for me. I was really, really surprised about how having such a crappy connection last night really affected my performance. *shakes fist at Internet*

Haha I'm usually consider 2k/d somewhat low even though people put it on pedastal for like no reason. I'm disappointed if I'm under 3 in a match and would like more of a 4kd per match, but if i'm under 3k/d and did a shitload of objectives, i'll be happy too.

And the connections might always be like that cause ur across the US from me and I pull host a decent amount of times xP

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/01/25/first-video-footage-of-the-dlc-map-downhill/

Both videos I posted earlier are here as well as 1 new video of the new map, Mirage.

And here's a Q&A about the Peacekeeper + a clearer picture of it:
http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/01/24/peacekeeper-smg-developer-qa/

Currently working on getting diamond for the "special" weapons (aka shield, crossbow, etc..). I'm sure it's been said many times but Sticks and Stones is the absolute best way to level up your crossbow/ballistic knife. I just need the crossbow left and I'll have diamond.

I was lucky to get into a room where there was 1 person who wasn't playing at all...and this went on for about an hour, lol. That really helped me out for one of the ballistic knife challenges (kill 25 people with retrieved ballistic knife blades).

Good luck with double xp, everyone! Make the most of it.

Oh trust me. After our last session, I'm going to be snapping on every opponent. Haha. I'm excited. You guys send me an invite when you're both ready.

And if I fail miserably I'm going to sleep :(

Looks like you'll be getting plenty of rest then while I'm busy prestige lapping you xP

I am the kind of guy who really gets into the nitty gritty stats and data when it comes to FPS games, so I know much of the raw data for the guns in this game.

I don't like SMGs for hardcore because I am all about extending that 1HK range as far as possible. If you play very aggressively, however, SMGs are fine since they offer advantages with movement speed, ADS speed, etc.

I wouldn't recommend you use the vector. I'd recommend either the PDW or MSMC over it.

Dude you are awesome with your posts man. You are a much welcomed addition to this thread. In my experience the PDW is better than the vector.

You prefer Cold blooded or toughness?

Im talking AR.

I always go:

Ghost
Toughness, Cold blooded
no perk 3.

Then I roll primary gunfighter with silence target finder and either extended mags or FMJ

I know it varies from gun to gun, and I am about to start my final AR for diamonds, and its the Scar............

What the best complete set up for the Scar.
shots? Or more importantly to be successful with that gun?

THX>

kuYuri

The Peacekeeper has the maneuverability like an SMG and the distance and low ROF like an Assault Rifle. Isn't that what the PDW is?

If anything, the MW2 UMP was basically the AR/SMG hybrid back then. Not that I know if the Peacekeeper is like that, but that's how I would imagine it.

Top Bottom