• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Theres a really common lightning strike glitch i've run into since the patch came out 4am last night.

I'll call it in, but the radar never shows up and it's me just staring at the caller in laptop thingy.
Then no matter what I do, there isn't a radar, but if i push a 3 times, it still calls in the lightning strike, but i've never gotten a kill that way cause i haven't seen the radar.

It's happened to me on 5 separate occassions already in barely any game time, so I've already selected a different killstreak, but giving you guys a heads up!

I don't think Treyarch has an issue with quickscoping, I think they want it in the game.

Yes they do. They tried to make it not work in Black Ops 1, but it gimped out actual sniping too much.

What it boils down to is that Treyarch and the ghost of Infinity Ward are full of goofablls and can't figure out how to fix it. They can't figure out what the developers of Shadowrun figured out in 2007: Disable the sniper rifle completely until they are scoped in for a full second to force people into using it as intended.

Doesn't matter when the game is a laggy piece of shit.

For those of us that aren't having nearly as much lag issues as others, it matters a lot. Especially those of us that play CoD specifically for the fun of using underused weapons.

And BTW, quickscoping has only become a problem after this patch. Before it was something that took a considerable amount of skill and a discipline to stop moving every time you scope in. I don't even snipe much and I know that just from playing S&D and spectating the stark difference between disciplined QSers and crappy sniper wannabes. They just need to put the ADS delay penalty back on SMGs and Snipers.

Is quickscoping really a problem for you? I barely notice it.

It's only really annoying when I run into a full team that's doing it. There is nothing more frustrating than to get hitmarkers and to see that their aim is not affected whatsoever by my hits because they are exploiting the autoaim with this quickscoping crap.

WoodWERD

I don't like SMGs for hardcore because I am all about extending that 1HK range as far as possible. If you play very aggressively, however, SMGs are fine since they offer advantages with movement speed, ADS speed, etc.

I wouldn't recommend you use the vector. I'd recommend either the PDW or MSMC over it.

This is why:

Thanks for the info. I figured the vector was a bit weaker (why I went with long barrel) but the PDW and MSMC felt slow to me. Now I've been running the PDW with stock and quickdraw and it feels pretty good. Had a 52k point game on slums earlier today.

I said I wouldn't diamond the ARs but I just used a perma unlock on the AN-94 since it gets a lot of use. It's ok but I think i'll like it more when it's got a silencer.

Nebula

Theres a really common lightning strike glitch i've run into since the patch came out 4am last night.

I'll call it in, but the radar never shows up and it's me just staring at the caller in laptop thingy.
Then no matter what I do, there isn't a radar, but if i push a 3 times, it still calls in the lightning strike, but i've never gotten a kill that way cause i haven't seen the radar.

It's happened to me on 5 separate occassions already in barely any game time, so I've already selected a different killstreak, but giving you guys a heads up!

Happened to me when I was trying to manually control my AGR. Might be a glitch with all tablet based killstreaks.

Seriously, what the FUCK is up with all the hitching and the stuttering in this game. Every killcam looks like a scratched DVD video. This is fucking embarassing.

zeelman

Seriously, what the FUCK is up with all the hitching and the stuttering in this game. Every killcam looks like a scratched DVD video. This is fucking embarassing.

Yeah, I feel like this game needs a lot more polish. This shoot first, die first thing is really getting annoying. Sometimes the lag makes me feel like I'm playing an FPS for the first time with some of the horrible scores I get.

The hitching and stuttering has been terrible today. At one point one of my friends thought his Xbox hardlocked, and it turns out the game just froze him for 10 seconds.

I can't stand the matchmaking either. I miss in previous COD games how you encountered a variety of people. This game always puts me and my friends against high K/D, high SPM players, even though most of us don't have very good K/Ds and SPMs. I have a 1.57 K/D and a 303 SPM, I don't want to play against a guy with a 3 K/D and 500+ SPM!

ElRenoRaven

Had a bunch of fun playing tonight. Using a suppressed SVU-AS and a PDW is working for me.

I know that feeling. I played over 6 damn hours of this game today. Having not picked one up since Modern Warefare I had forgotten how fun the multiplayer can be. I'm glad I on a whim bought it when I got my WII U.

Jrmint

Enigma why do you play this game? You seem to hate it so much.

Anyway, I'd say quick scoping seems to almost be a non issue in this game, I'd say I win 9 out of 10 firefights against snipers.

JHall

"Addressed multiple UI issues."

I just got on and can't change my emblem. :/

Edit: I can edit my emblem now but it says I have a new SMG when I really don't. I'm going to assume it's data files for the new SMG in the DLC. For the record, I have the Season Pass, my friend doesn't and the "New" message for SMGs is not there for him.

The "new" message will go away on Tuesday when you unlock the Peacekeeper SMG with the new DLC.

Geez, the SCAR is a beast. I've been primarily only an AN94 AR player, but today decided to try to change things up and go for the Diamond AR camo. Started off using the SCAR /target finder and have just been completely tearing up the competition. Only drawback is the thing has a lot of vertical recoil after awhile. Any suggestions on how to combat that?

I'm optimistic the DLC comes out Monday Night at 5am ET. Cause when MW3 used their own in game store, it was up at PRECISELY 5am every time. Back in the Black Ops 1 days, it would come out anywhere from 5-7am, usually between 6 and 6:30am and it was annoying just refreshing the dashboard and xbox.com waiting for it to appear. So hopefully with their in game store, it's up 5am every time as well. They better not downgrade again :(

Magik

Geez, the SCAR is a beast. I've been primarily only an AN94 AR player, but today decided to try to change things up and go for the Diamond AR camo. Started off using the SCAR /target finder and have just been completely tearing up the competition. Only drawback is the thing has a lot of vertical recoil after awhile. Any suggestions on how to combat that?

Select fire.

eek5

You're almost always in 4HK range so I always burst 2 then rattle off 4-5 to finish people. The first two bullets usually come out with little to no recoil which is nice.

You can also use select fire but I use SCAR w/ "no attachments" usually

Nuketown. LSAT, Quickdraw, Stock and FMJ. Just point anywhere on that map and don't let go of the trigger until you're out of ammo. I assure you, you will get the easiest kills you will ever get.

It doesn't matter if they are behind the bus, or behind the bus and the house, or behind the bus and the the house and actually playing Halo 4. You will end up killing them at least once 10 times over.

I haven't tested any of the other LMG's, but the LSAT is a beast.

zeelman

Does anybody from Treyarch follow this thread?

Treyarch doesn't follow threads in their own forum, what makes you think they're going to pay attention to this place?

The MW3 devs communicated with the community all the time. Treyarch is doing none of that.

M.W.

Treyarch doesn't follow threads in their own forum, what makes you think they're going to pay attention to this place?

The MW3 devs communicated with the community all the time. Treyarch is doing none of that.

Yeah, it's weird because Treyarch seemed to actually listen to fans during the Black Ops days.

RoKKeR

Which is a shame, considering Treyarch made a better game.

zeelman

Spent an hour trying to get into a decent Nuketown lobby. Every single game the matchmaking put me into was a full party decimating randoms. This is why I can't play this game by myself.

I have friends to play this game with, but their parties were full.

Spent an hour trying to get into a decent Nuketown lobby. Every single game the matchmaking put me into was a full party decimating randoms. This is why I can't play this game by myself.

I have friends to play this game with, but their parties were full.

Heh i played solo nuketown for hours today. When searching i might join in the middle a bit often, but once i got a lobby, i'd stay forever and had no problem even if i was against parties.

I've just found a way to calculate your real win loss ratio.

Since they added medals into combat record, it shows that i have 639 victor medals and 285 strength and honor medals. If you add them up, that's 924 career games played total and 639 victories, which equals a 69 win percent, which is about a 2.20 ratio, yet in game it shows me at 1.19.

That's because this medal way doesn't count your joining in the middle games and it doesn't count host rage quits that suddenly end the game.

It's pretty much your real win loss ratio, because when the host ends a game, you don't get a strength and honor medal, so it doesn't count against you.

It's absolutely insane how much host disconnects and joining in the middle destroys your win loss ratio. That's exactly why it's an irrelevant statistic and objective play on leaderboards means more; however, now you can see a person's real win loss ratio before you judge them on their shitty one.

So I can play the game just fine, but if I ever have to go into the barracks or adjust a class, I'll get disconnected after a minute or so. This only started happening after the patch, anyone else dealing with this?

The SCAR is my favorite AR in the game. Slap on Quickdraw and a Suppressor, then control the kick of the gun and you're in for a beastly weapon while staying off the map.

YAY! We have a medals page now

08gVoEG.png

:D

I can't believe this wasn't in the game in the 1st place, I remember on Xmas Eve looking how to check my medals and was quite shocked that you couldn't.

Geeze, the lag is worse than ever

I feel like it's pretty good right now, I haven't been blitzed around a corner by a madman wielding an smg yet and I haven't taken damage late into cover tonight, but this could be due to the balance changes rather than any fixes to lag. I'll see if it keeps up before I speak more on this though.

HiiiLife

The KSG and LSAT completely surprised me. Coming from a player who primarily used an AR in the previous CoDs, I just can't get enough of these two weapons.

Nebula

The KSG and LSAT completely surprised me. Coming from a player who primarily used an AR in the previous CoDs, I just can't get enough of these two weapons.

My love for the KSG knows no bounds. I did nothing but use slug rounds in BF:BC2 and did great with them (mainly because of the 1HK range and ability to cross map) but I was glad to hear about them in Blops2. While massively toned down when compared to Battlefield, the slug rounds still kick ass. If you can get used to being precise with a shotgun then this gun will destroy people.

HiiiLife

My love for the KSG knows no bounds. I did nothing but use slug rounds in BF:BC2 and did great with them (mainly because of the 1HK range and ability to cross map) but I was glad to hear about them in Blops2. While massively toned down when compared to Battlefield, the slug rounds still kick ass. If you can get used to being precise with a shotgun then this gun will destroy people.

Couldn't agree more. In the beginning I had to use to the red dot, but I've since gotten used to the iron sights. I'm holding my own with this shotgun. Love it so much more than the Remington. I can't believe I've been missing out on this gun. I still remember the most satisfying kill I've gotten with my KSG was an across the map headshot on Express.

Dat satisfaction.

popeutlal

Looking at random players' combat records, literally every one's best weapon is a SMG. Has anyone else discovered someone who doesn't use SMG as their main weapon?

Mine is the MK48...

foxdvd

Looking at random players' combat records, literally every one's best weapon is a SMG. Has anyone else discovered someone who doesn't use SMG as their main weapon?

Mine is the MK48...

when playing kill confirmed for the most part when someone has over 400 spm...they almost always use SMG/Remington...

Radec

Mine is the MK48...

Well this CoD is an SMG dominance cod.

Mines PDW with LSAT in close second.

ARs simply doesnt cut it for me.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So I started playing again for this weekend for the double xp with friends, still having to leave every so many games like usual after becoming host, which is a shame when you end up with a bunch of people and two good teams; but after a bunch of great games suddenly everything will feel off and oh look, I leave and host migration, frustrating stuff.

Also, I still really hate Raid, lol.

Top Bottom