• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

maomaoIYP

Lollllllllll

Team selection is ridiculous in this game. Had a team the other day 5 a side, 3 of my players were the 3 bottom players on the lobby leaderboard and the 4th guy was middle of the leaderboard.

This is mostly true, and I always quit out when I see pubstompers.

I did play quite a few hours of dom with total randoms and we were quite evenly matched, I consistently took 2nd or 3rd place even though I had a shield and only had 4-5 kills per match.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I've picked up Assault Shields off the ground a couple of times hoping it would protect my back a little better while running around but it doesn't seem to do a very good job at that. Apparently everyone is smart enough to just aim at my legs. I have used it to draw attention and have my teammates kill the enemies though. It's funny how everyone will start shooting at the guy with the shield.

Ensoul

I've hated domination in this game with a passion because of the poor map design. So I got bored and decided to mess with a shield class. It's actually pretty fun as long as you have competent team mates who take out the enemies as you distract them while capturing.

It can be fun no doubt but I rarely get competent teammates. I have a decent SPM in domination but what ends up happening is that I am just about the only one who tries to capture point "B" so I end up dying non stop. I will end going like 13-25 because of it, Meanwhile I will have 3 people on my team that go 45-10 with no defends or captures in a losing effort. The issue is that people just care about upping their KDR so they go around killing people instead of capturing points. That is why I mostly stick with TDM.

I guarantee people would start trying for objectives if:

A) When playing a non death match game (Dominations, Kill confirmed, hardpoint, CTF) all it shows is the revelent stats for that game: IE captures, defends, caps etc.

B) Your overall KDR is ONLY made up of games where the object is to kill people (TDM and FFA) That way if someone just wants to kill people in domination great; it will not improve your overall KDR.

Radec

Double XP is officially over.

Got almost 2 prestiges out of it. Feels good.

So close on my checklist:
[80%] Master Prestige
[99%] Master Killer
[92%] 2 k/d

After a good amount of use I have concluded that the patched LMG's are the best weapons in the game. They completely obliterate anything in your field of view. The key reason they are so good is their ammo. You can pull off unthinkable streaks without even having to reload once. They out shoot anybody at range, while they are feathering their trigger you've been suppressing them. With stock and Quickdraw they can out shoot SMG's. With a Laser Sight you can mow down anything in front of you. You are literally an overpowered beast wielding a gun that may as well be a kill streak. Reload time got you down? Take two of them on your class, or use the two faster reloading ones. Can't see past the iron sights? Use a target finder. Campers got you down? Unload a clip at a nearby wall and you'll eventually kill somebody.

I got diamond SMG's and thought they were beast. Then I got half way through AR's and thought they were better than SMG's. Now I've started using LMG's and by golly they've blown me away.

About time the achievements are posted!

20130128-110410-610x400.jpg

Smokey

I really started getting into this game a few weeks ago. I mostly play ffa so my leveling up is most likely slower than most here. I'm finding there's a lot of info out there regarding the perks, damage, ads speed etc.

What sensitivity do you guys use? Control scheme?

And on a unrelated note is anybody playing on a led? The input lag is garbage even on game mode.. Using a high end Samsung d8000. That combined with the at times terrible lag makes it impossible to play. As a result I'm having to game on my 23'' Asus monitor...

Montresor

How do you prestige in this game? I'm at level 55 and I can't figure out where in the menu I should go.

There is an experience bar at the bottom that says 46k experience to go from level 55 to a green symbol. The green symbol consists of an eagle superimposed over a green emblem.

Cudder

How do you prestige in this game? I'm at level 55 and I can't figure out where in the menu I should go.

There is an experience bar at the bottom that says 46k experience to go from level 55 to a green symbol. The green symbol consists of an eagle superimposed over a green emblem.

Once you get your bar full, go to Barracks->Prestige

u mad

Neo Member
Overall I like the patch notes. Can't wait for them to come to PS3.

God, this game is such fucking trash. Why the fuck does everything move so FAST. It feels like I'm playing Unreal Tournament sometimes.

Also, this game's spawn system was designed by a retarded mutant. Easily the worst I've ever seen in a CoD game. Spawning right in front of enemies on TDM. Fuck off, Treyarch.

lol wat? First quickscoping, now people move too fast? Gonna have to give you the reward for the most stupidest complaints I've read in a CoD thread. Kudos.

If you think the game is so awful (pretty much 99% of your posts you complain about how the game is absolutely terrible), why do you keep playing it? Your time must be worth close to nothing to spend so much time on a game you find terrible.

Double XP is officially over.

Got almost 2 prestiges out of it. Feels good.

So close on my checklist:
[80%] Master Prestige
[99%] Master Killer
[92%] 2 k/d

Aint over for me. Double XP doesn't end until you log out ;)

Magik

lol wat? First quickscoping, now people move too fast? Gonna have to give you the reward for the most stupidest complaints I've read in a CoD thread. Kudos.

I have an idea as to what he is referring too. For me its when lag comp really goes bad that you see people seemingly moving faster, reacting, and killing faster than you are when its really the fact that the enemy is a few hundred ms faster.

Its really frustrating to be honest.

u mad

Neo Member
I have an idea as to what he is referring too. For me its when lag comp really goes bad that you see people seemingly moving faster, reacting, and killing faster than you are when its really the fact that the enemy is a few hundred ms faster.

Its really frustrating to be honest.

Been playing since release and still haven't encountered any "lag" issues. Maybe PS3 is less prone to it or something.

I'm also still waiting for him to demonstrate to me how easy quickscoping is once you "exploit aim assist" (as if all guns don't exploit aim assist)

This is something I'm really curious to see since I don't think I've ever seen a quickscoper go positive. Heck, don't think I've ever even been killed by one to be honest.

Magik

Been playing since release and still haven't encountered any "lag" issues. Maybe PS3 is less prone to it or something.

I'm also still waiting for him to demonstrate to me how easy quickscoping is once you "exploit aim assist" (as if all guns don't exploit aim assist)

This is something I'm really curious to see since I don't think I've ever seen a quickscoper go positive. Heck, don't think I've ever even been killed by one to be honest.

I play on the PS3 as well so its not an isolated thing. Its not all the time but its rather noticeable, at least for me, when it occurs. Its those moments where your opponents guns you down in an instant, or just turns on you or when your bullets just aren't registering. Bleh, its hard to describe in words. lol

maomaoIYP

It can be fun no doubt but I rarely get competent teammates. I have a decent SPM in domination but what ends up happening is that I am just about the only one who tries to capture point "B" so I end up dying non stop. I will end going like 13-25 because of it, Meanwhile I will have 3 people on my team that go 45-10 with no defends or captures in a losing effort. The issue is that people just care about upping their KDR so they go around killing people instead of capturing points. That is why I mostly stick with TDM.

A) When playing a non death match game (Dominations, Kill confirmed, hardpoint, CTF) all it shows is the revelent stats for that game: IE captures, defends, caps etc.

B) Your overall KDR is ONLY made up of games where the object is to kill people (TDM and FFA) That way if someone just wants to kill people in domination great; it will not improve your overall KDR.

Well I don't really care about dom as a mode, and I really only care about my KDR in TDM and FFA, so yeah I actually agree with your suggestions. I guess what REALLY makes it for me when I use a shield is just watching dudes squirm when they see you and have no idea how to deal with you. It's just so good for taking the B flag because those opposing players waiting with a LMG or sniper can't do anything to you. Flak jacket eats up all their explosives and tac mask eats up their shock/flash/stuns.

u mad

Neo Member

I agree with you on some points, disagree on other points. I should start by saying I only play Objective modes.

First a person's KDR is relevant when playing Objective modes. It directly effects the other team's ability to get a scorestreak. Example: If someone is going 3-30 they have died 30 times given the other team at least a total of 3,000 points (potentially a lot more if they are objective related kills) while only ending a scorestreak 3 times. I tend to notice that when I get 3-4 Lodestars in one match, the other team has several people who are going 2-20, 5-31, etc.

If your team is giving the other team scorestreaks, it has a HUGE effect on Objective gameplay. 1 Lodestar can change the entire outcome of a match of Domination, for example.

Second your KDR is relevant if you play certain roles. I have friends who whenever we play Domination, all he does is pretty much flank the other side and continuously mess with them by fake caping their points then killing them they are distracted and run back to that point. He will pretty much never capture points or hold down hardpoints, but does A LOT to help us win by simply really screwing with their ability to co-ordinate anything.

But generally I agree that people's obsession with KDR leads to having HORRIBLE teammates. Your suggestion in (B) is not a good one IMO though because people need an incentive to keep themselves from rushing the point like idiots with no fear of dying, hoping to eventually complete an objective. While KDR isn't important in objective modes, you should be completing the objectives by using solid strategy and planning that minimizes your deaths. Even when I am 100% objective oriented I still rarely if ever go negative. Remove the death penalty and idiots will just play stupid in objectives to boost their SPM and level fast.

My best advice on playing objective modes is to either join a clan or play with friends. I play with friends who are in my clan often. Makes it a lot less frustrating.

Like I give a shit what someone who sucks their own cock about quickscoping thinks.

u mad

Neo Member
Like I give a shit what someone who sucks their own cock about quickscoping thinks.

Ouch, I strike a nerve?

Chill bro. It's all good, I was legitimately hoping to learn a thing or two about quickscoping from you since I had trouble doing it when I tried in the and noticed you said it was extremely easy.

Unless you're putting up 65+ kills in a domination match, and as long as you're not going -10 or more, you're k/d really isn't that important, relatively speaking. when you kill somebody in a match, they really aren't out of the action for long since you never really spawn too far from where you die and you can spawn immediately. So you really have to be a major disruption to the other team for your slaying to mean anything, and on the inverse of that you would have to die a whole lot of times before you become a hindrance to your team. So unless your really good at slaying your better off just going for the flags.

u mad

Neo Member
Unless you're putting up 65+ kills in a domination match, and as long as you're not going -10 or more, you're k/d really isn't that important, relatively speaking. when you kill somebody in a match, they really aren't out of the action for long since you never really spawn too far from where you die and you can spawn immediately. So you really have to be a major disruption to the other team for your slaying to mean anything, and on the inverse of that you would have to die a whole lot of times before you become a hindrance to your team. So unless your really good at slaying your better off just going for the flags.

I agree. My friend usually goes +60 kills and has a VSAT up constantly. He chains VSAT/EMP/Swarm several times a game. It offers a huge advantage in Domination.

I suck in comparison, which is why I stick to just doing the objectives.

EDIT: I should add he gets most of his points by caping the flag near the enemy base while getting kills. He often does end up caping it fully which is great, but typically just uses it for the 200 pt bonus it gives kills.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I've just found a way to calculate your real win loss ratio.

Since they added medals into combat record, it shows that i have 639 victor medals and 285 strength and honor medals. If you add them up, that's 924 career games played total and 639 victories, which equals a 69 win percent, which is about a 2.20 ratio, yet in game it shows me at 1.19.

That's because this medal way doesn't count your joining in the middle games and it doesn't count host rage quits that suddenly end the game.

It's pretty much your real win loss ratio, because when the host ends a game, you don't get a strength and honor medal, so it doesn't count against you.

It's absolutely insane how much host disconnects and joining in the middle destroys your win loss ratio. That's exactly why it's an irrelevant statistic and objective play on leaderboards means more; however, now you can see a person's real win loss ratio before you judge them on their shitty one.
I like this system. Go from a 4.5 to a 6.7.
Though I guess it doesn't include genuine losses from join in the very early parts of the game. Can't be that many of them really.

Looking at random players' combat records, literally every one's best weapon is a SMG. Has anyone else discovered someone who doesn't use SMG as their main weapon?

Mine is the MK48...

.. Skorpion. Assault riffles in 2 and 3 aren't even close.
Killed most by an SMG also, MP7.

xJavonta

Banned
Are there GAF XBL meetups for this game? I'd love to play with some gaffers since my CoD buddy can't afford Xbox Live right now (student life).

Also, when does Microsoft generally update the stores? Will the new DLC be hitting at midnight or later in the day on the 29th?

Edit: By the way, my Xbox Live gamertag is xJavontax for those of you that want to play.

geekamania

Neo Member
Anyone had a game where lethals/tacticals break as soon as you toss them? Had it happen in a game of Hardpoint earlier. I assumed the other team was just spamming trophy systems since I was always throwing them at the Hardpoint, until my friend mentioned it was happening to him no matter where on the map he was. I went to the back of the back of the map and, sure enough, everything dissolved the second it left my hands.

Just wondering if it was a bug or an exploit of some sort.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Looking at random players' combat records, literally every one's best weapon is a SMG. Has anyone else discovered someone who doesn't use SMG as their main weapon?

Mine is the MK48...

Mine is the MSMC but the AN94 has become my go to gun.

Sadly because the stat tracking in the game sucks a bag of dicks I'm missing a few hundred AN94 kills because it doesn't track stats for guns you pick up off the ground.

eek5

Mine is the MSMC but the AN94 has become my go to gun.

Sadly because the stat tracking in the game sucks a bag of dicks I'm missing a few hundred AN94 kills because it doesn't track stats for guns you pick up off the ground.

It does track picked up guns. What it doesn't do is track stats for guns you haven't unlocked yet

Hmmm, I think they made a mistake releasing a SMG as DLC for this game when it's arguable the best two weapons in the game are already SMG's. The Peacemaker's firerate is slow, the damage is low, and the thing kicks like a mule. Basically, it's easily outclassed by the PDW and MSMC. It will be all the rage while everyone levels it up, but probably won't be used much after that

Slizz

So, you're only able to play the new maps in KC and Domination in the regular lobbies and wait for it to come up as an option?

What does everyone think of the new maps thats played them? Saw the skatepark map in one of the videos posted here, looked shitty.

So, you're only able to play the new maps in KC and Domination in the regular lobbies and wait for it to come up as an option?

What does everyone think of the new maps thats played them? Saw the skatepark map in one of the videos posted here, looked shitty.

Yep, if you want to play anything other than TDM, Moshpit, or Domination, you gotta go into the regular lobby and wait for the new maps to come up.

Downhill is good, but not nearly as open as I thought it was going to be. The middle is basically a bunch of shitty snow corridors.

Hydro is fun, but really small.

Mirage I only played once, and I was confused as fuck.

Grind....when I first played it I hated it with a white hot passion. If felt like a map editor threw-up halfpipes and called it a level. I've probably played it half a dozen times now and while I don't hate it nearly as much anymore, I still think it's pretty bad. The B flag location in Domination is just idiotic.

Don't be fooled though, these are maps still built for SMG users.

eek5

As expected, Peacekeeper is pretty much a shitty MTAR w/ better iron sights, free laser, free stock, free quickdraw, free lightweight. OP as fuck lol

lol. Hows the damage at mid range? ARish?

Shy of AR level and there is quite a bit of kick. Close range it is garbage though. Basically if you want to play mid to long range there are much better AR's, and at short range it gets smoked by all the other SMG's. There is nothing OP about the peacekeeper and I'm not really sure where it fits

Top Bottom