• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

u mad

Neo Member
PDW and Scar-H mostly. PC version if it matters

yeah see how I managed to predict the problem arising from PDW use? drift0r mentions this in his video on the PDW. While it has a good time to kill, it is ONLY good if every shot hits. if ANY miss it becomes a fairly long TTK. try ADSing more often and/or adding Toughness.

similar explanation for the SCAR. Scar has the lowest RoF out of all the fully auto ARs. You can read my general SCAR advice I posted right above your post. The recoil on the SCAR can be a pain. If recoil is an issue and causing you to miss often, might wanna give a different AR that has less recoil a chance.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
We finally got the balance patch on the Wii U. I think it includes the last one too, how did it end up affecting the game overall, if any?

Toa TAK

Banned
Only need 4 more achievements left from the DLC. I can't wait until someone finally cracks the new easter egg. It usually doesn't take this long.

Forgot to post about this yesterday. It isn't a complaint because I'm not upset and I understand what I'm getting into playing solo, but the other day I went 94-9 with 6 caps and 8 defends and still managed to lose the match smh( I wasn't using the higher end killstreaks either). Nobody else on my team came close to going positve nor did anybody have that many caps. I'm not upset about it, but I thought it was pretty astonishing nonetheless. no screencaps though, I went to my fileshare and the match didn't record all the way through ( figures) and same thing happened in my recent matches list on Elite (stopped recording at 72 kills) so just take my word for it...

Ensoul

Well the maps seem pretty good from the little I played. The lag for me has been awful.
Not sure if it my connection or the game.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Also on the Wii U, Peacekeeper calling cards showed up in the update today, although they're already unlocked lol. A mod on the forums said not to take that as confirmation that the DLC is coming to the Wii U though.

Not sure how I missed this post. To answer your questions, IMO:

First do you play core or HC? Toughness is worthless in HC, I'm going to assume you are playing core.

In core I'd take toughness over cold blooded. Cold blooded is great if you camp from a distance, makes it harder for other campers to hit you. For anything more up close and personal I just spam EMPs, which in turn will make sights like the Target Finder or Dual Band not work. Removing the need to use cold blooded. If you don't run with tacticals, whenever you find yourself in a game where you are dying a lot to someone using something that Cold Blooded would help with, just switch to a 2nd class you have pre-made for those situations.

As for general SCAR advice here are my general tips:

-Take advantage of the iron sights. They are wonderful. This allows you to use points elsewhere.
-Use a silencer. It will have a negligible effect on the effective range of the weapon given how absurdly huge it is. Even in HC it will be a pretty much OHK at all ranges with a silencer. It also reduces the muzzle flash which is pretty significant with the gun, allowing you to use the iron sights better. The flash can sorta interfere with your ability to use the iron sights.
-If you are just trying to use the SCAR to unlock camos and want to grind it out, play HC. The gun is beastly in the mode.
-As for general attachment advice, I tend to use a combination of: stock, silencer, fast mags (or extended mags)
-The SCAR has some of the best penetration in the AR class. Take advantage of this, it will easily go through walls. In HC you can kill people instantly by shooting through a wall.

I use stock on every AR, already mentioned why I like silencer, and fast mags/extended mags only if I had to pick a 3rd perk.

If you insist on using target finder, try it out with the scar on HC. it is almost cheap it is so effective. you can camp somewhere and spray at the diamonds that show up from a distance, getting 1HK kills. If you do this, play it like an LMG. Pretty cheap, but effective.

Thanks man. I just Diamond my way to all AR's baby.

Now that I did that I may take your advice and main the Scar.
Thank u for the attachment and perk advice it's very much appreciated.

Pineconn

Also on the Wii U, Peacekeeper calling cards showed up in the update today, although they're already unlocked lol. A mod on the forums said not to take that as confirmation that the DLC is coming to the Wii U though.

I lol'd.

And then I cry'd when I saw that I still don't have Demolition Master. Oh well. It looks like this patch doesn't include anything from the most recent 360 patch.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I realized I have a lot more fun playing this game when I don't use tryhard classes.

Stuff like iron sights sniping and shotguns, so much more fun.

Just went 77-0 in a match of Kill Confirmed on Mirage. Used the SCAR-H to rack up a few kills for my first set of VSAT-K9-Swarm, then picked up someone's Peacekeeper and used it on the last half of the match. The PK is alright, actually - got me two more sets of my Scorestreaks. Once you get the first set going, you can go on a crazy ass loop with your streaks.

I probably still won't make a class for the PK, though.

Screenboy

It seems the new Wii U patch has gone live, I can't tell much difference so far except for maps loading faster and being able to access Wii U menu from first Online Main Screen.

u mad

Neo Member
Got bored so decided to create the most annoying class I could imagine. This is what I came up with, primarily for KÇ:

870 w/ long barrel & laser
FHJ

Lightweight + Hardline
No tier 2 perks
Extreme Condition + Dexterityy

Scorestreak: VSAT/EMP/Swarm

The shotgun dexterity bonus is minimal, but I want to reduce kill time as much as possible. Was originally going to use Ghost instead of hardline, but the FHJ eliminates the need and hardline makes the scorestreak much easier to chain.

The rage you will hear from the irate guys you kill is priceless.

Radec

One thing I wanna know about this game is why do I keep fucking dying when I start shooting others first, get the confirmed hit icons and they just raise their gun and destroy me in a split second, even the kill cam shows them taking hits first and then shooting me.

Try this:

Shoot your gun, then reload.

Count how many secs it take before your gun do the reload animation. If 1sec or more, Then you're fucked all game. If instantaneous, game should be fine. Only the host have a very slight advantage.

It's easier to stream to YouTube from the in game menus.

Youtube streaming is already in the game? had no idea.

I'm just impressed that the 360 can do this, it's impressive, and I say that because my core2duo has trouble streaming from my capture card at a reasonable resolution and pushes my processor sky high.

Radec

What the fuck did treyarch did now that when the host leaves, all players will be disconnected too? Host migration not working anymore?

eek5

It's easier to stream to YouTube from the in game menus.

It looks like twitch uses the same in game menu was youtube. Twitch will be better if they don't have that arbitrary 10 min cap that youtube streaming has

After the last double xp ive been experiencing that. Back then even if people dashboards it just switches to another host.

Host xbox has to still be hosting the match for migration. If they dashboard it'll just dump everyone to lobby

So it works the same as for the PS3 one huh. K/d from that match wont count but a loss will still register.

No, every stat from the match counts, but you get a loss.
The reason for getting the loss is cause if you don't get them on host disconnects, then people will just always disconnect as host, knowing theres no penalty.

Dashboard gets you the lost connection to host message.
Turning off xbox gets you server connection timed out.

Both record your stats, but you get a loss.

And if it's the same as MW3, even though your stats count, they won't appear on Monthly and Weekly leaderboards for some reason :/

popeutlal

So about the Wii U version, there is a very tiny population on that console, usually about 2500 to 3000 that plays the game regularly.

Folks who play this on Wii U play it a lot and are getting good at it. On other consoles you'll come across new players frequently...not on Wii U. There are very very few times you'll see some who just started playing the game.

Because of this, Wii U version is getting very competitive. I have a respectable 1.66 KD and I've been struggling for it not to drop.

Granted I only play against bots but so far I'm greatly enjoying the Peacekeeper, if for no other reason than it's a very cool looking gun. Grind is probably my favorite map out of the pack, not sure how I feel about the other 3 yet.

I think I'm going to ditch ghost on my main class. Used to use Hardline + Ghost.

Gonna run Lightweight + Hardline instead

or maybe add toughness (so I'll have Scavenger + Toughness)

I used to use HL and Ghost and also switched to HL and Lightweight. I really haven't noticed a change in my stats either way. There are times when I think "Damn, I don't think that guy would've known I was coming had I had Ghost on" but its not too often. I run so much (Hardcore KC) while youre staring at my dot on the screen (if theres even an enemy UAV up), I'm firing at you.

Cudder

No, every stat from the match counts, but you get a loss.
The reason for getting the loss is cause if you don't get them on host disconnects, then people will just always disconnect as host, knowing theres no penalty.

Dashboard gets you the lost connection to host message.
Turning off xbox gets you server connection timed out.

Both record your stats, but you get a loss.

And if it's the same as MW3, even though your stats count, they won't appear on Monthly and Weekly leaderboards for some reason :/

Oh, so you still get your xp even if the host quits? I can finally stop raging when it happens, then.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So is Activision trolling PS3 players with the DLC patch? Big ass red message at the bottom of the screen saying I don't have DLC is pissing me off.

Yep, people tend to do it to fuck with someone, especially if they are getting killstreak fucked.

While what you're saying can be true, I think it's more that since they're getting killstreak fucked, their oh so precious k/d ratio is plummeting, so they dashboard so the game doesn't count for them.

kyo27

While what you're saying can be true, I think it's more that since they're getting killstreak fucked, their oh so precious k/d ratio is plummeting, so they dashboard so the game doesn't count for them.

Would it be possible for the developers to make the stats count even if you dashboard? People would still quit, but at least they would be a man about it and press start and exit game instead of dashboarding to keep their k/d.

Would it be possible for the developers to make the stats count even if you dashboard? People would still quit, but at least they would be a man about it and press start and exit game instead of dashboarding to keep their k/d.

That's what they should do cause then there wouldn't be any motivation to dashboard and load up the game again. But you gotta ask the devs if that's possible and not me lol.

The stats still count when you dashboard.

No they don't. Play a game and get a few kills and dashboard. Load the game back up and if you check your combat record, your total kill # is the same as before you started the game.

The only thing that counts only in the black ops games is that you still get a loss once the game is completed. So when you jsip on black ops games, there is no way out of a loss. Your best shot would be to play out the game pray you make some miraculous comeback.

u mad

Neo Member
Never understood dashboarding. Probably because I'm too lazy to force quit out of the game in PS3 then have to re-load the game just because I want to improve my K/D ratio.

If I want to leave a game I'll just exit normally through the game's interface.

Wow.

Cod 4 changed me for ever. I mean it really affected me.

MW2 did the same in the most negative way possible.

Blops restored my faith

MW3 crushed my heart.

Blops 2 is good, but not blops good.

I think BLOPS is only bested by COD 4.

Jrmint

So it's really cool you can direct stream to Twitch through the game, there are a couple bummers with it.

-It doesn't appear to archive your videos so you can go back, find a good game and upload to Youtube or watch highlights or anything.

-There's not really any way to interact with your viewers.

Where do you guys go to find out what weapon has killed you the most?

On Call of Duty Elite. It's not accurate at all though cause in this game stats only count for guns after you unlocked them. So if you've never unlocked the kap40 ever, then it'll say you have 0 deaths to it, even though you've prob died to it at least once.

99% chance Sledgehammer games is making MW4. They expanded their studio last year.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2012/09...ing-studio-for-bigger-more-ambitious-project/

It makes sense. Sledgehammer Games did the majority of MW3 and did a phenomenal job with it. Most people associate it with IW cause the well known name, but they didn't really do much for the game.

One thing I would want in the next set of DLC maps is more interaction with the environment.

Remember Hotel in BO1? The map that had the elevators where you could hit a switch to call them. I had a ton of fun placing claymores in them and having someone call the elevator just to be blown up, lol.

Or that snow map in BO1 where there were doors on either side that you can open/close. Forgot the name.

Even the ziplines I wouldn't mind seeing again.

As for the DLC that just came out, I'm enjoying the maps. None of them really sticks out to me at the moment. Nothing AMAZING...better than some of the default maps though. As I play more, I'm sure i'll find a favorite. I was sad to see that on Hydro, there's no switch to turn on the water. That's what I mean by wanting more interaction.

In terms of zombies...I was never a big zombie fan. Yea, I'll play it with friends from time to time if they asked, but I would never ask THEM if they wanted to play, lol...but I gotta say, Die Rise is pretty damn awesome. Would much prefer maps like this instead of the smaller, tranzit maps.

..and speaking of Zombies, I don't know if you guys know but people have figured out a few of the steps for the Easter Egg on Die Rise. Been looking at this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/samdaman118?feature=watch

I don't see myself spending too much time with Turned. Maybe get the achievements for it but that's it. My least favorite thing about this DLC.

The Peacekeeper is not bad at all. I love how it sounds. Will use it till I get diamond but I don't know if It'll be one of my main weapons.

In terms of diamond guns, I'm working with pistols now. Getting 100 headshots for each of them first (just need 2 more) and then working on the last set of challenges.

Overall, this was $15 well spent. Die Rise is the best thing about this pack IMO. Was never a big fan of zombies but this map has changed my mind.

Top Bottom