• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

eek5

lol. Hows the damage at mid range? ARish?

It's more or less what the old MTAR was before the last patch at mid range. (4HK). The drop-off to 5HK seems to happen very far away. I'm not sure how headshots factor into it but it might be 3HK w/ a headshot in close range. Not 100% sure

The recoil is really easy to handle but sometimes there is a ton of vertical viewkick that happens somewhat at random.

Toa TAK

Banned
Die Rise is pretty awesome so far. The little movie when you go solo is neat as well. I dig the comic book style they got going on.

I have yet to try the Peacemaker, new maps, or Turned though.

*sigh* I want new maps on the Wii U. if I have to play FUCKING Meltdown or Turbine one more time...or Cargo, for that matter, I'll scream.

I know I could just choose to not play but, that's lame.

Slizz

At least 3 of the 4 maps are decent. Skatepark isn't as garbage as I thought it'd be.

Hydro is awful though. I'd be surprised if you can manage more than one bloodthirsty on that tiny map.

Kill 2-4 players quickly, better turn around cause they are spawning right behind you, like right behind you.... Probably best to have a fast mag too.

Radec

I just have 3 games with xmas noobs-like players.

My god. I went 60+ with just a lightning strike on TD ground war.

Those are the times that i wish I had my dogs and swarm unlocked.

Also unlocked the Master Killer callsign. Feelsgood.

Danny 117

Can't wait to get my virtual hands on this DLC. Won't get it until around Saturday unless I end up winning one of those twitter contests. Should be well worth the wait, though.

How is the matchmaking for people outside the EU and NA?? It seems to take forever to find a game.

Anyone? Specifically anyone outside of EU/NA?

My NAT is open, there are plenty of people online but it will either take a long time in the highest populated playlists or just not find a game at all in a low population playlist.

MW3 had the same problem. AFAIK they locked the MM down to regions close by so people in sparse regions like me were totally screwed. They fixed it like 3 months after release. Wondering if its the same with Black Ops.

Jrmint

All these bad impressions of the weapon really have me wondering if Treyarch just put it in to get people to try something other than the MSMC and PDW.

All these bad impressions of the weapon really have me wondering if Treyarch just put it in to get people to try something other than the MSMC and PDW.

Hardcores will just dump it in an hour or two or after they level it up. In two weeks it won't be used very much

u mad

Neo Member
Ugh my K/D ratio fell under 2.5 during Double XP since I was just focusing on SPM

:(

Shouldn't be too hard to raise up again...

Jrmint

I'm surprised you guys are so down on the Peacekeeper, it's really not bad if you know how to use it.

It has great range for an SMG

The peacekeeper is a great weapon now that I've used it, it's what everyone is using actually.

It's what everyone is using because it just came out today. Give it a week, all the SMG users will be back to their PDW's and MSMC's

I'm surprised you guys are so down on the Peacekeeper, it's really not bad if you know how to use it.

It has great range for an SMG

Yes it has good range for an SMG, but it compensates that with weak damage (especially when close) and a low rate of fire. If you want to play mid to long range, you are better of with an AR or LMG (very underrated). If you want to run and gun, all the other SMG's are better

xJavonta

Banned
Loving the Peacekeeper. Grind is also my new favorite map.

Also, for those wanting to play the new maps in other playlists, they show up as an option pretty often for me.

u mad

Neo Member
I think I'm going to ditch ghost on my main class. Used to use Hardline + Ghost.

Gonna run Lightweight + Hardline instead

or maybe add toughness (so I'll have Scavenger + Toughness)

Ghazi

So I've seen 2 videos of the Peacekeeper, it might be too early to judge but it looks really good. It's going to be really annoying to play against people with it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If I don't have the map pack, can I use the Peacekeeper? Say someone in my game has it and they die, I'm assuming I can pick it up?

One thing I wanna know about this game is why do I keep fucking dying when I start shooting others first, get the confirmed hit icons and they just raise their gun and destroy me in a split second, even the kill cam shows them taking hits first and then shooting me.

u mad

Neo Member
One thing I wanna know about this game is why do I keep fucking dying when I start shooting others first, get the confirmed hit icons and they just raise their gun and destroy me in a split second, even the kill cam shows them taking hits first and then shooting me.

what gun are you using? with guns like the PDW it is important that none of your shots miss.

At most ranges you will run into bad guys, it will be a 4 shot kill. Given the slow RoF, if you miss any of your shots there is a very good chance you will die first if the enemy is accurate and/or has a lower time to kill weapon.

This is why I usually kill people who hipfire the PDW before they kill me, even if they shoot first. I almost always ADS, then use stock/lightweight to cause them to miss a shot or two.

If you consistently run into this problem, I highly recommend you use Toughness.

u mad

Neo Member
Dude you are awesome with your posts man. You are a much welcomed addition to this thread. In my experience the PDW is better than the vector.

You prefer Cold blooded or toughness?

Im talking AR.

I always go:

Ghost
Toughness, Cold blooded
no perk 3.

Then I roll primary gunfighter with silence target finder and either extended mags or FMJ

I know it varies from gun to gun, and I am about to start my final AR for diamonds, and its the Scar............

What the best complete set up for the Scar.
shots? Or more importantly to be successful with that gun?

THX>

Not sure how I missed this post. To answer your questions, IMO:

First do you play core or HC? Toughness is worthless in HC, I'm going to assume you are playing core.

In core I'd take toughness over cold blooded. Cold blooded is great if you camp from a distance, makes it harder for other campers to hit you. For anything more up close and personal I just spam EMPs, which in turn will make sights like the Target Finder or Dual Band not work. Removing the need to use cold blooded. If you don't run with tacticals, whenever you find yourself in a game where you are dying a lot to someone using something that Cold Blooded would help with, just switch to a 2nd class you have pre-made for those situations.

As for general SCAR advice here are my general tips:

-Take advantage of the iron sights. They are wonderful. This allows you to use points elsewhere.
-Use a silencer. It will have a negligible effect on the effective range of the weapon given how absurdly huge it is. Even in HC it will be a pretty much OHK at all ranges with a silencer. It also reduces the muzzle flash which is pretty significant with the gun, allowing you to use the iron sights better. The flash can sorta interfere with your ability to use the iron sights.
-If you are just trying to use the SCAR to unlock camos and want to grind it out, play HC. The gun is beastly in the mode.
-As for general attachment advice, I tend to use a combination of: stock, silencer, fast mags (or extended mags)
-The SCAR has some of the best penetration in the AR class. Take advantage of this, it will easily go through walls. In HC you can kill people instantly by shooting through a wall.

I use stock on every AR, already mentioned why I like silencer, and fast mags/extended mags only if I had to pick a 3rd perk.

If you insist on using target finder, try it out with the scar on HC. it is almost cheap it is so effective. you can camp somewhere and spray at the diamonds that show up from a distance, getting 1HK kills. If you do this, play it like an LMG. Pretty cheap, but effective.

what gun are you using? with guns like the PDW it is important that none of your shots miss.

At most ranges you will run into bad guys, it will be a 4 shot kill. Given the slow RoF, if you miss any of your shots there is a very good chance you will die first if the enemy is accurate and/or has a lower time to kill weapon.

This is why I usually kill people who hipfire the PDW before they kill me, even if they shoot first. I almost always ADS, then use stock/lightweight to cause them to miss a shot or two.

If you consistently run into this problem, I highly recommend you use Toughness.

PDW and Scar-H mostly. PC version if it matters

Top Bottom