• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

On Call of Duty Elite. It's not accurate at all though cause in this game stats only count for guns after you unlocked them. So if you've never unlocked the kap40 ever, then it'll say you have 0 deaths to it, even though you've prob died to it at least once.

ok thanks. Just check, and I've been killed most by the pdw and mp7, could've guessed that without checking lol.

zeelman

I figured the game would work better after the busy double XP weekend, but that's not the case. :(

Hopefully the game will work properly one day and I can actually play it. Dying first when I shoot first with a run-and-gun play style like mine is just frustrating.

It makes sense. Sledgehammer Games did the majority of MW3 and did a phenomenal job with it. Most people associate it with IW cause the well known name, but they didn't really do much for the game.

I'm on board if that happens. I enjoyed MW3 and much prefer it to BO2.

Now Treyarch's next? Yeah, that'll probably be the first one I skip.

kuYuri

My theory? I think you will see MW4 this Fall from Infinity Ward.

It will have the name Modern Warfare, but I think they will go slightly futuristic like Black Ops 2.

For me, the real question is what the hell are Sledgehammer and Neversoft working on CoD-wise.

Toa TAK

Banned
My theory? I think you will see MW4 this Fall from Infinity Ward.

It will have the name Modern Warfare, but I think they will go slightly futuristic like Black Ops 2.

For me, the real question is what the hell are Sledgehammer and Neversoft working on CoD-wise.

Wasn't Sledgehammer doing a 3rd-person COD? I think they should go back to that at least.

As for Neversoft... they should reboot Tony Hawk's Proskater!

Toa TAK

Banned
It's cancelled.
Shame. At least we got a third person option.

If Makarov is dead, what else is there to do? WW3 is over and the Inner Circle is out.
Yup. From MW2 it was clear they were going for a World War III scenario (you know, since their other games were WWII). We've reached that high point, I don't think it van get any bigger from there. Unless they made a rixh, character-focused story, the MW is done for me.

Me too. At least they've got Zombies and a better Theater mode. And a better campaign this time around with the whole "choice" thing going on.

Zombies are awesome for sure, but better theater mode? MW3 has an amazing theater mode cause it actually works. All my games always showed up unless i got "lost connection to the host" cause it ended in a person dashboarding. Also, 24 vault slots was a lot better than what we have now. The only downside is that you can't watch with a party or view other people, but you can always start the film the same time as a friend. Black Ops 2 rarely saves full games for me and it's confusing as hell to find your games and your file share.

I just played against a guy and I can't work out his stats.

Master Prestige
4days played
26,000 kills
4,500 Hatchet kills (only around 5000 uses of it)
5,000+ unstoppable (30+ kill streak) medals.
I mean his unstoppable medals should mean he has over 150,000 kills at least and his most used gun was a couple of thousand less than his hatchet kills.
His hatchet medals were crazy too, he had more chopped up! medals (6,000) than actual hatchet kills and his banked kills were only a few hundred less.

He played like a total noob, so you'd say he was some kind of account sharer/booster....but it's the way the math doesn't even nearly add up that really confuses me.

SadAli

Neo Member
Black Ops 2 rarely saves full games for me and it's confusing as hell to find your games and your file share.

I thought this was just me - started to get paranoid that the only games that ever appeared in my theatre mode were the ones I did badly in. Even asking them to be saved didn't have any effect.

Now put in a bit over a day online on this and still really confused. Always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with COD, didn't buy MW3 but adored BLOPS. There are moments in this where I really get into it get what they're going for (like the set up of the killstreaks, like Hardpoint, love some of the maps) but I don't think I've ever played a more frustrating online FPS.

Even mellowing and not focusing on K/D hasn't helped soften the rage of watching killcams that repeatedly tell you a different story to what's on screen. I also want to experiment a lot more with guns outside SMGs but the game makes this tricky with the set ups of the maps. I expect playing lone wolf isn't helping matters but finding it a bit strange that I'm more having to motivate myself to play this than the usual crack style addiction.

Didn't want to come in here just to moan but do just find it frustrating because I want to like the game more than it lets me. Perhaps I need to experiment more with playstyles outside the ubiquitous run and gun SMG class.

Also, don't know if this is to do with the latest patch or not but my games were laggy as hell last night.

eek5

I just played against a guy and I can't work out his stats.

Master Prestige
4days played
26,000 kills
4,500 Hatchet kills (only around 5000 uses of it)
5,000+ unstoppable (30+ kill streak) medals.
I mean his unstoppable medals should mean he has over 150,000 kills at least and his most used gun was a couple of thousand less than his hatchet kills.
His hatchet medals were crazy too, he had more chopped up! medals (6,000) than actual hatchet kills and his banked kills were only a few hundred less.

He played like a total noob, so you'd say he was some kind of account sharer/booster....but it's the way the math doesn't even nearly add up that really confuses me.

Apparently you can private match boost or something so he could've just throwing axed someone 5000 times in a row

aku:jiki

One thing I would want in the next set of DLC maps is more interaction with the environment.
Ooh, I hadn't thought about that in a while but I definitely agree. The closing doors on that one map were actually very interesting and useful for strategy, as there's a Demolition plant site (and Domination flag, I think) in there. The elevators and ziplines were fun but they were also death traps, but the closing doors should become a standard CoD feature that's in more maps.

If Makarov is dead, what else is there to do? WW3 is over and the Inner Circle is out.
You know Activision isn't above trying to say that Makarov survived a hanging after a helicopter crash. Price and Reznov are immortal!

And another thing that makes Blops2 theater mode bad is that if a round switches in a video you're watching, it kicks you out and gives you an error message. I've also gotten error messages in the middle of headquarters games that i'm watching even though I don't even touch anything. I'd so much rather have a theater mode that works flawlessly but doesn't allow parties/viewing other ppl compared to one that has these features but is absolutely atrocious.

And whats the point of a file share if nobody even knows how to view it? I have no idea how to see the clips another person saved by goin over their name in a lobby. I can just see their recent games, which is probably only 1% of the games they actually played cause most don't show up.

eek5

And whats the point of a file share if nobody even knows how to view it? I have no idea how to see the clips another person saved by goin over their name in a lobby. I can just see their recent games, which is probably only 1% of the games they actually played cause most don't show up.

can you even view random people's saved clips? All I have seen is friend clips in codtv but you can only see recent games in profile view unless I am missing something?

can you even view random people's saved clips? All I have seen is friend clips in codtv but you can only see recent games in profile view unless I am missing something?

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I can only see people's recent games. You're already a step ahead of me by being able to see friends clips lol cause i'm not exactly sure how. I wanna be able to look at specific people's file shares though, even if it's friends. Not just random clips that friends uploaded recently.

Black Ops 2 theater mode also saves games for you that you jsip and quit out of right away, so it's like you were never there, but it saves and fills up your recent games really quickly, but in MW3 it wouldn't save those nongames for you.

eek5

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I can only see people's recent games. You're already a step ahead of me by being able to see friends clips lol cause i'm not exactly sure how. I wanna be able to look at specific people's file shares though, even if it's friends. Not just random clips that friends uploaded recently.

Black Ops 2 theater mode also saves games for you that you jsip and quit out of right away, so it's like you were never there, but it saves and fills up your recent games really quickly, but in MW3 it wouldn't save those nongames for you.

From the main lobby menu if you go to CODtv there is a "friend feed" and you can see all their shares/clips/saves. I don't think you can see recent players from there though but I didn't really look around too much

kaskade

I've been playing this game quiet a bit lately and I can do alright. I'd say I can hold my own. I'd like to get better though. Any good commentators or videos that show off good proper skill ? I want to see what areas I can improve on.

I've been playing this game quiet a bit lately and I can do alright. I'd say I can hold my own. I'd like to get better though. Any good commentators or videos that show off good proper skill ? I want to see what areas I can improve on.

Youtube.com/Tmartn is a purely tips based channel. He posts jumps and spots for every map, and some have crazy lines of sight you probably never knew about. He also posts "Interactives" where it's a chain of 6 videos and at the end of each one you choose A, B, or C for what the right thing is to do in that situation. He does alotta other informative videos so yeah. You can tell in game which people watch his videos and which don't too cause some of the things are pretty extreme.

Toa TAK

Banned
WW4 man.

Involve the Chinese.

We get to see some asian locations on MW4.

Yes. The Treyarch iterations have at least involved other Asian countries that aren't in the Middle East.

Call of Duty : Civil War

Musket warfare.

lol, Old joke, but I would like to see this happen.

Zombies are awesome for sure, but better theater mode? MW3 has an amazing theater mode cause it actually works. All my games always showed up unless i got "lost connection to the host" cause it ended in a person dashboarding. Also, 24 vault slots was a lot better than what we have now. The only downside is that you can't watch with a party or view other people, but you can always start the film the same time as a friend. Black Ops 2 rarely saves full games for me and it's confusing as hell to find your games and your file share.

The theater mode in BOII at least takes away the floating names over everyone. And to get a full game, it's the same issue as MW3, the connection to the host has to be there the full game. I haven't run into an issue where BOII hasn't saved a full game otherwise. Again, in my opinion, it's not hard to find your own file share or games. And I'm a big fan of bookmarking my films, too.

The theater mode in BOII at least takes away the floating names over everyone. And to get a full game, it's the same issue as MW3, the connection to the host has to be there the full game. I haven't run into an issue where BOII hasn't saved a full game otherwise. Again, in my opinion, it's not hard to find your own file share or games. And I'm a big fan of bookmarking my films, too.

Nope, I've had games not appear that were played to completion. I even experienced a game of domination of nuketown that saved 2 different files. One was the first 3 mins of the match and the other was the last 3 mins, so the person that got a quad sniper kill to start the 2nd round couldn't save it cause theater mode in BO2 is garbage.

zeelman

So I gave up and tried following Activision's directions on their support page for dealing with the "lag." I still have the same problem. :(

Toa TAK

Banned
Nope, I've had games not appear that were played to completion. I even experienced a game of domination of nuketown that saved 2 different files. One was the first 3 mins of the match and the other was the last 3 mins, so the person that got a quad sniper kill to start the 2nd round couldn't save it cause theater mode in BO2 is garbage.

Very well then. I am fortunate enough not to have had a problem with it. I am sorry you are having problems with it. Maybe the next TU or game will fix that.

Very well then. I am fortunate enough not to have had a problem with it. I am sorry you are having problems with it. Maybe the next TU or game will fix that.

You are lucky man! I've had so much stuff i've wanted to save for my file share to only not have a game file for the match i just played. It doesn't matter to me as much anymore realizing that theres no way for others to see my file share.

Yemen is alotta fun, but the B bomb plant is without a doubt the hardest one in the game.

Worst maps are carrier and express for sure. :p

EDIT: Oops, double posted by accident :O

Top Bottom