• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Fox Mulder

I'm going to walk in around 1am and not expect a line according to my friend who works there. I'm not freezing my ass off just to play an hour before everyone else.

Hell. I'll probably just sleep when I get home then veg out playing when I wake up.

I haven't done a midnight pickup since GTA 4, so it's tempting, but I'll just wait to get it after I go to the gym tomorrow.

Gibbo

Really enjoying SP so far. Kudos to the developers for not creating another run of the mill FPS by throwing in the strike force missions. Only completed the first one (India); but I imagine that it will only get better from here.

DaNcaKe

What did it say at the back of the box, was it sealed?

Box was sealed. The back just looks like the regular back, unsure if it's meant to say anything about Zombies but I only got to see it once I'd purchased :p

I hadn't pre-ordered because I read this on their site:

Q. What if I don't preorder, can I still get the Nuketown 2025 bonus map?

A. The Nuketown 2025 downloadable map comes with each launch unit of Call of Duty: Black Ops II. So the best way to ensure you get the Nuketown 2025 downloadable map is to pre-order your copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops II now.

I went on customer support and it sounds like a few people have been having the same problem. The guy said that I should hear back from them soon. Hopefully in time for the double XP this weekend.

Kerub

Banned
88EF7551C8FA9E14FE8D7E9716CE85B9ACD472AC

This is the first glitch I've run into..flying soldiers.

So, I pre-ordered Black Ops 2 from Gamestop. I don't really feel like waiting in line tonight, but I'd like to get it tonight if possible. Can I just show up late and still get the game or do I have to wait in line?

Shady859

This is the first glitch I've run into..flying soldiers.

Not a glitch this game is based it the future... It's possible.

So, I pre-ordered Black Ops 2 from Gamestop. I don't really feel like waiting in line tonight, but I'd like to get it tonight if possible. Can I just show up late and still get the game or do I have to wait in line?

If you don't wanna wait go around 12:40ish or maybe 1 depending on your area.
Nevermind you in Jersey? Go at 2? lol

M.W.

I'd say show up at 12:30am and see how it goes. I was told the line at mine would last until at least 1am.

haikira

For any UK folk. I just walked into a Tesco store an hour ago without Pre-ordering before hand and picked up a copy. It has the Nuketown 2025 map included.

Tamanon

Banned

Depends on the gamestop. Mine has folks check in between 6 and 1130 to get their place in line. You just might be end of the line if you just go at midnight.

haikira

Funny that i'm asking this, with the game sitting right beside. But i won't be opening it tonight.

How many maps does Zombies have?

Shady859

First Nuketown Zombies DLC code is live on Ebay (removed) $49.99 opening bid.
I keep debating on selling mine since it's gonna be out in December.. I got enough other things to keep me busy in the game till December.

EDIT: Damn they removed it and his Halo codes listing... Ebay been rough on DLC lately they kept removing my auctions as well. Dangerous selling virtual goods there anyway as they always side with the buyer especially when you violating terms selling codes.

schnarf

Anyone else getting a game-breaking bug during the intro to mission 2? Right after being hit by a rocket, small green rectangles over the screen, image freezing, still music playing. Very reproducible to the extent that I have not been able to continue on in the game. Changing in-game settings does not seem to help.

Specs: Geforce 580 gtx, 8 gig ram, win 7 64 bit, i5-2500k, steam version

I am getting the same issue. Have the same video card as you. Have been in contact with one of the devs, trying to help them sort it out. Would love to see this bug resolved, so I can keep playing the game.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I am getting the same issue. Have the same video card as you. Have been in contact with one of the devs, trying to help them sort it out. Would love to see this bug resolved, so I can keep playing the game.

from what I heard, it's a driver issue.

d00d3n

Reinstalling the applications in"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops II\redist" allowed me to continue past the mission 2 intro. (I also changed the resolution to 1080p and changed the texture settings to automatic before that.)

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Hating this game right now.

Which is how I feel about all new Call of Duty games before growing to love them.

Top Bottom