• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

I'm dying to hear your guys's opinion on MP.
It will let me know if this series has simply passed me by, or if the developer made a grave mistake.

MS store just got BO2 back in stock, you get 1600 MSP + $10 off next purchase

Used my $25 off coupon from Halo 4 and got:

Black Ops 2
1600 MSP
$10 coupon

For only $38. What a deal!

Yeah, heading to the midnight release to get mine. Gonna burn some of those MS gift cards for the phone challenges I done.

RedSwirl

Opinions on SP? So far my favorite campaigns in terms of level design are COD4 and surprisingly MW3. I found BO1's campaign incredibly bland.

Oh, and did Treyarch finally not screw up the PC port?

Opinions on SP? So far my favorite campaigns in terms of level design are COD4 and surprisingly MW3. I found BO1's campaign incredibly bland.

You get to
Fly a goddamn jet

That automatically puts it at number one. XD

I was worried about the PC port job but I played MP for a couple of hours and it seems to be fine. My only issue is that they seem to have taken a page from DICE's book and have increased the sky bloom in some maps beyond any reasonable limits :|

If i dont preorder can i still get nuketown map ?

It will be paid DLC most likely. They're adding it to the season pass, but I expect it will be sold standalone as well.

anyone have pics of people waiting already? i like seeing that shit, some of the Halo ones made me laugh. if any of you take pics at your midnight post them.

my hardened edition is paid in full, my fiancee will get it for me tomorrow so it will be waiting for me tomorrow night when i get home from the gym and work, took Wednesday off and my normal day off is Thursday!

d00d3n

The pc port is inexcusable. Game breaking crash during the intro to mission 2 (I get green rectangles symmetrically over the screen, the game freezes). Changing settings doesn't help. I basically can not progress in the game.

Fuck why would they do that.

It's not as terrible as it used to be in BF3. For one, it seems that it only affects the skybox so unless you're looking up, it really shouldn't affect eye level combat. And I only really noticed it in one rocky, outdoors map. Still have to wonder why developers do this though. NFS Most Wanted has that shit as well and it actually affects gameplay in that game. It's just stupid.

anyone have pics of people waiting already? i like seeing that shit, some of the Halo ones made me laugh. if any of you take pics at your midnight post them.

my hardened edition is paid in full, my fiancee will get it for me tomorrow so it will be waiting for me tomorrow night when i get home from the gym and work, took Wednesday off and my normal day off is Thursday!

Im about to go preorder, will take pics if I can.

FStop7

Banned
LOL at how nobody's reading Makoto's posts. I guess he's making too much sense for GAF. Can't have that reason and logic shit going on!

It's theatre mode, it always does that with all weapons.

Ha, this was me last year. I made the same mistake with MW3 theater mode and raged about how shitty it was. Now I know better.

This will be my first dip into a non XB360 CoD (will be primarily playing on PC this time). Wish it unlocked at midnight, not 3 am. Wont play until tomorrow. Definitely looking forward to it, although the QS'ing gifs make my stomach turn. lol

Realyn

Great, thought it unlocks in 24 hours from now. WIll buy it now on steam and get majorly pissed if there is no nuketown for me.

Nabs

It's not as terrible as it used to be in BF3. For one, it seems that it only affects the skybox so unless you're looking up, it really shouldn't affect eye level combat. And I only really noticed it in one rocky, outdoors map. Still have to wonder why developers do this though. NFS Most Wanted has that shit as well and it actually affects gameplay in that game. It's just stupid.

This is the future of gaming :(

Desaan

I don't understand why everyone has a hard on for Nuketown, it's a disgrace of a map from a design viewpoint. May as well just put 12 guys in a 200x200 cardboard box and let them go at it.

The phrase shooting fish in a barrel comes to mind.

Desaan

Ahhh the piss filter. It's fucking obnoxious, mostly because THERE IS NO OPTION TO TURN THE PISS FILTER OFF!

I have a 16 MBPS connection, which is good in Dubai (max is 30 MBPS).
There are a lot of Arab folk playing so I have no trouble finding full green bar matches, even though its still prerelease.

How much of it do you get out, and is the router any good?

Not to sound like an asshole, but when MW3 and Blops was released a lot of people started saying "Wow, this game is so easy! I sucked at the previous CoD but I'm raping now" while the veterans with decent connections would get killed constantly in the most bullshit ways.

I'm not being pissed at you, I'm just curious. :)

Just got a email my Hardened Edition shipped. Should get it tomm or wed. Not sure if ill dive in till the weekend though I'm really hooked on Halo 4's MP at the moment.

Realyn

Oh and about streaming. I'm just downloading the MP client(4 gb) now and will be done in 5 minutes. If you want I can turn on Xsplit. As long as you are fine with me sucking. Basically my first CoD since MW1 on Xbox.

Shadybiz

I don't understand why everyone has a hard on for Nuketown, it's a disgrace of a map from a design viewpoint. May as well just put 12 guys in a 200x200 cardboard box and let them go at it.

The phrase shooting fish in a barrel comes to mind.

I mainly like it because on my group's gaming night, we'll hang out in Nuketown and mess around while waiting for everyone to show up. It's a fun timekiller as far as that goes.

Desaan

Someone has never played Shipment.

How could I forget. There was another one in Black Ops but the name of it escapes me, the one in a desert setting with the chain link fence all around the outside.

EDIT: Actually it was MW2, Rust. Fuck that map as well.

Gav47

I mainly like it because on my group's gaming night, we'll hang out in Nuketown and mess around while waiting for everyone to show up. It's a fun timekiller as far as that goes.

Exactly, even when it came up in normal rotation it was a good excuse to take a break from power levelling and worrying about your K/D and just ave some fun with pistols and melee, most of people I know who hate Shipment, Rust and Nuketown take the game way too seriously.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
How could I forget. There was another one in Black Ops but the name of it escapes me, the one in a desert setting with the chain link fence all around the outside.

EDIT: Actually it was MW2, Rust. Fuck that map as well.

Ugh, rage inducing memories of Rust are coming back to me.

Top Bottom