• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Gorillaz

Picking it up after class tuesday. MW was the last game that actually made me hype to go at midnight and there hasnt been a game so far that matched that hype. Maybe gta 5 soon

hope to hear good things from you guys tonight.

I ordered it from the MS store, and it probably won't come this week. Could I go to Gamestop tomorrow, buy a copy, play that, then return the one I got from the MS Store?

M.W.

I ordered it from the MS store, and it probably won't come this week. Could I go to Gamestop tomorrow, buy a copy, play that, then return the one I got from the MS Store?

Sure, as long as the packaging doesn't have some weird GameStop logo on it like ACIII.

def sim

Oh geez I couldn't decide if I wanted to buy this on PC or not so now I'm just going to wait for a sale on any version.

bleh

98a466882d3611e2a03a22000a1fbd56_7.jpg

22e5968c2d3711e28b2322000a1fbe1b_7.jpg

r600x600.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
I can't believe it took me so long, but I finally decided to give Gun Game a try on the original Black Ops. Such a fun, occasionally frustrating, mode. Can't wait to try it on the new game.

4th to last mission in campaign question:

I don't remember the mission name but it's when you play as Farid in the beginning and you think Menendez already knows you're the mole. At the part where he wants you to shoot Harper, I chose to shoot Menendez. Is it different if you shoot Harper? With Menendez, he shoots you before you can shoot him and then finishes you off afterwards.

Do you get your games early from the publisher or a local store in NYC? I know Whity used to get his games from the store he works(worked?) PM me if it's from a store just so I can know for future reference.

I get some games from the publisher/PR people (activision, Square, Reverbgames, step-3 etc). Others I get from early from some stores, and then some I just get day 1 and work as fast as I can to stream or get the stuff up. :D

Thanks for the impressions. Some spoilerish SP things in that vid.

Everything is fairly early on, so no huge late game, major spoilers.

Loxley

So I decided to pre-order BO2 on Steam completely out of nowhere just now. As in, I wasn't even looking forward to the game at all and really haven't given COD a second thought since the first Black Ops.

Don't know what the hell just came over me, but all of a sudden I just had an urge to try it out. Consider this my first and only impulse purchase of the year o_O I've heard rumblings that the PC version is pretty damn solid as well (dedicated servers, FOV slider, etc) so that's some good news - I haven't been following the Black Ops 2 hype train at all so this is all new to me. .

Riggs

Banned
Do you get your games early from the publisher or a local store in NYC? I know Whity used to get his games from the store he works(worked?) PM me if it's from a store just so I can know for future reference.

Yo your friends list is full you popular little slut, execute someone so I can add you.

n0n44m

played 2 hours of MP on PC (total impulse buy lol)

1080p max settings 8x MSAA no FXAA runs 120+ fps on a 670 (SLI not yet possible, latest Nvidia betas) ... so it's nice and smooth on my 120 Hz display

1st thought : graphics are OKish ... sharp with all that AA but the textures are barely acceptable sometimes (somebody sell these guys a new engine lol)

2nd thought : goddamn this game is FAST (haven't played CoD since ~6 months after the 1st BO) ... seriously feels like I'm playing in FFW mode

so I spent most my time with the bolt-action sniper, basically treating the game like it was Quake 3 / UT Instagib. Works out OK for me but some people were complaining about all the snipers in the game ...

for now I'm not really regretting buying this; it does enough things differently compared to other shooters I play and I hadn't played CoD in a long time. If you're used to the speed of MW2/BO1 you'll like this as well probably.

On the other hand I'm not sure I'll be getting a season pass ... I do hope that hardcore mode offers a bit more tactical challenge compared to the reaction-based "vanilla" gameplay ... let's find out tomorrow

oneHeero

Can someone tell me if the promo codes are not live right now?

I just bought a 360 today and finished updating and trying to enter my promo code on my 360 and it says its invalid. I go to the gamestopblackops2.com site and nothing.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone said that these maps are probably some of the smallest in the series, so the game feels even more fast paced and quick.

That kinda explains the UAV complaints of being killed 3 times in 10 seconds.

Tamanon

Banned
Can someone tell me if the promo codes are not live right now?

I just bought a 360 today and finished updating and trying to enter my promo code on my 360 and it says its invalid. I go to the gamestopblackops2.com site and nothing.

Mine just worked for the Gamestop site. Generic code by the looks of it, just a marketing thing. Will be curious how I get the Nuketown map.

Wait, the maps are SMALLER than mw3? Are they all just variations of Shipment or something? I thought the maps sizes were fine on blops 1 so if this is true then it's rather disappointing.

Top Bottom