• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Doombear

My custom classes are no longer appearing in the game. wtf.

Was infuriating last night. I realized it was dumping me into Custom Games and that was why. I would select Public Match and it would find one, or so I thought, but I would be in a Custom Match with default Created Classes...

Sucks.

And now I am unable to even get online on 360. Version is showing 20.0.-1 like it was yesterday.

Was infuriating last night. I realized it was dumping me into Custom Games and that was why. I would select Public Match and it would find one, or so I thought, but I would be in a Custom Match with default Created Classes...

Sucks.

And now I am unable to even get online on 360. Version is showing 20.0.-1 like it was yesterday.

Damn, well it finally started working for me again.

This game plays very smoothly online, and the party system is flawless so far. Won 6 matches in a row (Domination + Kill Confirmed), but doing terribly myself in terms of getting kills/killed. As long as we're winning. haha.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait to get home from a 10 hour work day and get in a full lobby only to read "searching for more players to balance teams..."

Seriously the "OUR SERVERS ARE TAKING ON A HEAVY LOAD RIGHT NOW!@!?!?@!" IS B.S. BUY MORE SERVERS WITH THE MONEY YOUR CUSTOMERS GIVE YOU.

Stop selling the game if your servers cant handle anymore people. Seriously so stupid. I can't believe I get involved with this. Can't my two really good friends start liking a different franchise so I can get out of this nightmare. I got better connections in 1999 playing Quake 3.

Desaan

Can't wait to get home from a 10 hour work day and get in a full lobby only to read "searching for more players to balance teams..."

Seriously the "OUR SERVERS ARE TAKING ON A HEAVY LOAD RIGHT NOW!@!?!?@!" IS B.S. BUY MORE SERVERS WITH THE MONEY YOUR CUSTOMERS GIVE YOU.

Stop selling the game if your servers cant handle anymore people. Seriously so stupid. I can't believe I get involved with this. Can't my two really good friends start liking a different franchise so I can get out of this nightmare. I got better connections in 1999 playing Quake 3.

counting+money.jpg

GodofWine

Once people learn maps , you wil find the lines of sight youare looking for , it's pretty easy to mow down crazy smg runners once you set up in the right window, ledge, corner etc.

Play will evolve. Everyone runs like fools at first because they dont know where they are going.

And yes , servers will be stable before long.

Relax.

Once people learn maps , you wil find the lines of sight youare looking for , it's pretty easy to mow down crazy smg runners once you set up in the right window, ledge, corner etc.

Play will evolve. Everyone runs like fools at first because they dont know where they are going.

And yes , servers will be stable before long.

Relax.
yeah that's the thing about maps. There isn't a single game or shooter that I've played this generation where I've liked the maps right away. But if you're a 2 or so weeks in and have played a lot and still suck, then they may not be for you.

Never really played the multiplayer portion of a CoD game before but I am having such a fucking blasting! The maps are awesome! Not sure why people are saying they're boring, because they really aren't!

I started pretty fucking awful in boot camp, but now that I get the rhythm of the game, my K/D is better than expected (1.6). Pretty much only doing Team Deathmatch, but I guess I'll try the other mode really soon.

Obvious tips would be to keep moving all the god damn time. If you stop, you're dead. If there is something that I should improve, it's to watch the god damn radar. I never look at it and I feel I could survive so much more by simply have a quick look at it regularly.

I already asked before, but nobody answered. What is a good secondary weapon? It seem I never get the chance to use my gun.

StevieP

Banned

Dedicated servers vs P2P. Welcome to console hell. lol

How's the PC version, speaking of which? I still haven't taken the shrink wrap off mine because most of my FPS gaming time still goes to BF3, and I felt extraordinarily cheated out of my $40 for MW3.

Xux

I already asked before, but nobody answered. What is a good secondary weapon? It seem I never get the chance to use my gun.
I've had some success with the Tac-45 (two shot kill out to an okay range up close) and B23R (a sprayer). Not I usually live long enough to use it outside of go for long range kills with my shotgun class.

StevieP

Banned
It's been playing flawlessly for me. At launch, I got a couple of crashes in the MP lobbies, but nothing since then.

PC players, feel free to add me on Steam: earvcunanan

Wait, MP lobbies? What? I thought Blops 2 had dedicated servers like Blops 1 on PC =\

Are many PC people playing with 360 pads?

I hope so... with the autoaim cheat turned off to remain neutral. Makes for more fun hunting ;)

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
This is actually a thing someone believes.

I do not actually believe that but I do believe the information that they feed us is b.s.

They KNEW the connection would be shit for X amount of weeks but they wouldn't buy more servers due to the Y amount of cost. They know us dumbies arn't going anywhere and we are going to buy their garbage every year and take it.

Been a real headache to try and connect to games. When I'm in, the game is pure gravy....but trying get in is insane.
They knew how the game was gonna sell, so there's no excuse for them being unprepared....

Grrr

schwupp

how do i get youtube streaming to work (pc)?
i did the device activation, but i cant switch it on.

is it even available in germany? i normally cant even watch yt streams ...

wow. guess things have changed with bo2. with mw1-mw2-bo, i would always run and gun and get a k/d of like.. 30-7 25-2. etc etc. now its badddd. i should try changing tactics.

Basically this game feels more faster paced compared to the others, makes it hard to survive. I'm a decent COD player but sometimes I am having difficulty to even shoot down the UAV's, I get shot while taking them down. So you really have to find a place with nobody around find it and then take it down.

As for the mechanism, moving around slowly with a weapon or even walking seems to be better than running around with an MP5/AK74U/PP90 in COD4/BLOPS1/MW3.

k/d is a worthless stat.

Classic example, played a TDM a year or so ago and we won 7500-~5000. After the game, a guy on the other team started complaining that his team was horrible and that he “owned” us. He went 10-1 and bragged about his 10K/D. The problem is in a 6v6 he left out the most important equation: 75/players on your team or in this case 75/6=12.

That means for him to do his share, he has to get 12 kills to get to 75. That is the main goal. If he is sooo good, he should be getting in more gun fights that end in a death either way more than 11 times in a ~7minute game. Also, if he thinks he is above average he should know that he is expected to get at least ~20 every game due to his average teammate being below average.

What I hate about K/D is how people care about it when they play playlists like Domination/HQ etc. I understand if you play TDM, it is all that matters, stick to it when you care about it.

I feel like K/D does ruin the fun aspect of the game, making people care about it a lot more but I guess that is what makes us all more competetive too.

So i am a little scared that this game is not selling as well as i would expect, i work retail at a game store and we sold way more copies of Halo day one compared to this. Also i don't see even half a million gamer's on this game last night

On a side note i really like this game.

There are couple of friend of mine on the 360 who haven't bought a copy since they just got Halo 4 last week, so I think that game coming out just the week before does influence the sales for this game, at least on the 360. I'm guessing it would be the same with kids and all the teens who won't have much money to buy a game and they probably already pulled the trigger on Halo 4.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Damn that FAL is hot.

It re3ally is, I love it

Nice video. Some of the things the soldiers say are just so silly.

When killing an enemy - "He K.I.A.!"
When reloading - "Transitioning!"

Damn that is a slow ass fire rate.

Single shot! I can't fire as fast as I want with a regular 360 controller.

The madcatz cod controllers are good.

So i am a little scared that this game is not selling as well as i would expect, i work retail at a game store and we sold way more copies of Halo day one compared to this. Also i don't see even half a million gamer's on this game last night

On a side note i really like this game.

Last night over 1mil people were online..

diamount

Banned
I was wondering if someone could clarify some of the endings, so major spoilers incoming:

So if you shoot Mason in the leg and you spare Menendez, does he kill Menendez himself?

Much obliged.

One thing about the new streaks , I'm not seeing many big things being used at all in matches. It's all the low cost stuff, I remember getting nuked in my 1st match back in MW2.

Feels a little un-COD to be honest. :p

Top Bottom