• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

SJRB

Gold Member
I caved and picked up the PS3 version after work. I have to get used to the 60fps and to the super fast-paced action. Maps all seem relatively small, especially for Domination.

The sound design deserves a special mention, it's pretty interesting. Lots of echo and distanced effects.

Also - campers.

I'm having an inordinate amount of fun running around using just a B23R pistol. I know its a stupid thing to do, but I'm seem to be doing fine in my matches regardless.

Jack_AG

Banned
Damn there I go crashing all of a sudden like mad after every MP game. Reboot PS3 to a disk recovery. I've heard uninstalling the texture pack fixes this - will try that next.

Also - MP/Scorpion - damn. Shits like a laser pointer. I was using rifles and going .7 a game. Now Im sitting 2+ every match wtf. Not that I care about K/D but fuck that's a huge difference.

Kyoufu

Going from Nuketown to a different map makes it seem easier and I perform much better than I would normally. Nuketown is nuts!

I caved and picked up the PS3 version after work. I have to get used to the 60fps and to the super fast-paced action. Maps all seem relatively small, especially for Domination.

The sound design deserves a special mention, it's pretty interesting. Lots of echo and distanced effects.

Also - campers.

You mean pussies?

Ensoul

Glad to see the time honored Call of Duty tradition of me being put on the shittiest team that matchmaking can assemble is still being practiced.

Game after game today... refuses to go after objectives, refuses to protect objectives, couldn't kill someone sitting in front of them, tied up, and already halfway dead, etc. They are pretty great at getting in my way though. So thats something.

Enjoying the game though! lol

I like what they tried to do in these modes to make people go for the objectives but it will never work. Many people still play those modes to bump their K/D ratio up. Who cares if they lose the game as long as they have 33 kills and 10 deaths?

What I was hoping Treyarch would do is ONLY make your overall K/D be associated in the games where the object is to kill people. That is it. I guarantee if they did this people would be playing the modes as they were suppsed to be played.

FStop7

Banned
Stop complaining. Call of Duty has been giving players the tools to flush out campers efficiently since the first MW. You've got a wide variety of stuff to use. Use em.

The whole "camper" thing is so overused and ambiguous, anyhow.

Defend objectives in domination? Camper.

Sniper overwatch? Camper.

Close off a choke point? Camper.

Stop complaining. Call of Duty has been giving players the tools to flush out campers efficiently since the first MW. You've got a wide variety of stuff to use. Use em.

I am not complaining, they are just scared that is all. I don't care if they are agressive are not.

Shadybiz

Call of Duty has been giving players the tools to flush out campers efficiently since the first MW. You've got a wide variety of stuff to use. Use em.

Agreed...I don't believe that there is any true camping anymore. Most maps have multiple ways to get into one place. Unless you're "camping" in a group, it can be pretty easy to get at a blind spot.

The people who don't like this game, did you like black ops the first time? I remember hating the way it played and looked. Something didn't feel right about it. Then after a few weeks it grew on me and i ended up loving it.

So right now im still unsure about multiplayer. But im going to give it some time.

TheOddOne

GameStop ‘Call of Duty’ Sales Top 1 Million in First Day
GameStop Corp. (GME), the video-game retailer, sold more than 1 million copies of “Call of Duty: Black Ops II” yesterday, positioning the new title from Activision Blizzard Inc. (ATVI) to break sales records.

“‘Black Ops II’ is shaping up to be our biggest game launch of all time,” Tony Bartel, president of the Grapevine, Texas-based chain, said yesterday in an e-mail. “GameStop sold more than 1 million units worldwide during our midnight launch period.”

The latest installment in the top-selling “Call of Duty” franchise went on sale timed to take advantage of the coming holiday shopping season. The title, which retails for about $60 in the U.S., “shattered pre-order records” set last year by “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3,” according to a statement yesterday from Activision.

GameStop, which sells new and used video games, consoles and other merchandise, has stores in the U.S., the U.K., Spain and other countries.

Based on retailer checks, “Black Ops II” probably will sell between 6.5 million and 7.2 million units in the U.S. and U.K. in its first 24 hours -- matching or exceeding last year’s version by as much as 10 percent -- estimates Michael Olson, an analyst with Piper Jaffray Cos. in Minneapolis.

The first 24 hours of sales typically equate to 25 percent to 35 percent of the total through December, according to Olson.

Realyn

Guys, if you have so much trouble with people spawning behind you use the 2 primary grenade perk with Claymores.
I'm really rocking the FFA's like that. If someone is intersted I can put on a stream. Really eliminate people coming from behind you.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
The whole "camper" thing is so overused and ambiguous, anyhow.

Defend objectives in domination? Camper.

Sniper overwatch? Camper.

Close off a choke point? Camper.

I wish Snipers would go back to camping, sure people would rage over being shot most of a map away, but at least players weren't generally running around using broken mechanics to one shot everything that moves, lol.

snack

Yeah i noticed the sounds of your character is not loud like black ops 1. Why?
I dunno. I didn't own BO1 on console but apparently people had to wait till the 6th title update until the footsteps were patched to be hearable.

Right now it's like we're chickens with our heads cut off running wildly on the battlefield.

Victrix

*beard*
Treyarch certainly achived their goal of weakening camping and encouraging run and gunning, but I'm honestly not sure if it's better. It's different. Dunno about better.

Fistwell

I'm doing ok with the Mtar myself, i'm afraid to try other weapons :S . I'm a mid range kinda guy, i need a gun good enough to kill someone from a distance but be good at mid range and at least decent in CQC.
overkill card + mtar main + pdw secondary BOOM
that's what I run with

The people who don't like this game, did you like black ops the first time? I remember hating the way it played and looked. Something didn't feel right about it. Then after a few weeks it grew on me and i ended up loving it.

So right now im still unsure about multiplayer. But im going to give it some time.

I thought Black Ops 1 was the closest we got to COD 4 which was godlike to me.

Realyn

http://www.twitch.tv/Realyyn

Gonna let it run abit while play Hardcore FFA. Maybe it's helping some people who are still struggling with the spawn system ...

I don't know about the quali, since I'm only very rarely for friends ... Will check back after every round :)

Meier

Ended up snagging it and playing some last night. Played very little MW3 and didn't buy any map packs so I'm rather rusty. Not sure I like what they've done to the class creation.. seems pretty limiting.

When I first booted it up last night I couldn't connect but my second attempt worked fine.

Gorillaz

Unprepared? Or would they rather not waste money on more server space, because they know that the servers are always stressed the highest on the first week?
If a series is gaing more buyers each year isnt it wise to invest in server space? We all know money isnt a problem

Victrix

*beard*
If a series is gaing more buyers each year isnt it wise to invest in server space? We all know money isnt a problem

No, because the number of concurrent users is the highest it will be for the life of the game right now, with possibly one more spike at xmas

RS4-

Not going to ask why hardpoint is even in Nuketown. Then again of all the maps brought over, Nuketown shouldn't have been one of them.

Top Bottom