• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

mxgt

Banned
One thing about the new streaks , I'm not seeing many big things being used at all in matches. It's all the low cost stuff, I remember getting nuked in my 1st match back in MW2.

Feels a little un-COD to be honest. :p

I've seen one gunship and I'm level 30.

I also had cold blooded so I just shot it down, lol

I love that there isn't killstreaks flying all over the place

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I've used the FAL in couple of the matches and I liked what I've done with it compared to the other weapons where I just run around.

I really should stop using the SMG's, makes me run around and stick with the FAL where I take it easy and watch my corners.

SMGs are using for pray and spray folk (especially with laser attachment) IMO lol.

FAL takes a bit more skill since you need to make sure your shot counts.

d00d3n

The boat level crash for people running geforce gtx 580 gpus has been solved. Lowering gpu core clock in msi afterburner does the trick. Unfortunately, the ability to progress in the game brings bad news also. The exact crash from the boat level (green dots in a symmetrical pattern, audio continues, game no longer responding) happened to me in mission 3 right before engaging the first enemies. That is after restoring gpu core clock to normal settings.

Bug making the game worthless for geforce gtx 580 owners confirmed to affect the entire game. I guess the first mission was the exception.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Unless you are a spray and pray folk and make you FAL full-automatic *cough* ;p

hahah that's too crazy for me I REFUSE!

All I used in blops 1 was the FAL and the Galil from time to time.

Ah. Because I saw you knife the red highlighted turret, and then when you turned around to kill the guy, I noticed it was just smoke. So it was already gone by then. Gotcha.

yeah sometimes I even forget what i do lol

eek5

k/d is a worthless stat.

Classic example, played a TDM a year or so ago and we won 7500-~5000. After the game, a guy on the other team started complaining that his team was horrible and that he “owned” us. He went 10-1 and bragged about his 10K/D. The problem is in a 6v6 he left out the most important equation: 75/players on your team or in this case 75/6=12.

That means for him to do his share, he has to get 12 kills to get to 75. That is the main goal. If he is sooo good, he should be getting in more gun fights that end in a death either way more than 11 times in a ~7minute game. Also, if he thinks he is above average he should know that he is expected to get at least ~20 every game due to his average teammate being below average.

k/d DOES matter in TDM though but only up to 1:1. If you go above 1:1 w/ a high SPM then you're contributing. The only time it hurts is if you have a really high SPM and you also have a bad team because you're just forcing the game to end faster by giving the other team kills.

For example, I'm a really streaky player so if someone was going 30-30 I'd probably never win with them on my team because I'd only have a 45 kill window to get hot.

To everyone who's having trouble joining games on PS3, have you tried putting your PS3s in DMZ mode?

I dont think thats the problem cause it happened to me on 360 a few times today. Told me servers werent available and i have all my ports open and open NAT. Played Halo4 fine right after.

Seems like a COD problem to me.

Bulk_Rate

PC BLOPS'ers: Anyone running this on a dual-core processor? If so, how's it working?

I am hanging on to my E8400 a while longer. It struggled with BLOPS1 but played nicely with MW3.

GPU is HD6850

Desaan

Can't play anything on PS3, multiplayer or zombies.

NOTICE: The Call of Duty: Black Ops II server is not available at this time.

Must be busy swimming in their Scrooge McDuck money pit.

aku:jiki

Ah. Because I saw you knife the red highlighted turret, and then when you turned around to kill the guy, I noticed it was just smoke. So it was already gone by then. Gotcha.
Come on, guys. It was red because he was placing it in a spot where he couldn't, then he put it away when he noticed what was happening around him. Have neither of you placed a turret before? :eek:

eek5 said:
k/d DOES matter in TDM though but only up to 1:1. If you go above 1:1 w/ a high SPM then you're contributing. The only time it hurts is if you have a really high SPM and you also have a bad team because you're just forcing the game to end faster by giving the other team kills.

For example, I'm a really streaky player so if someone was going 30-30 I'd probably never win with them on my team because I'd only have a 45 kill window to get hot.
KD most certainly matters in objective modes too. The other team can't cap any flags or plant any bombs if they're constantly dying.

Hmm not sure about this ghost nerf and that fact that it's unlocked so late. Once the enemy have a UAV up, it actively discourages rushing behind enemy lines, something that i find a lot of fun. Even if the first guy misses that dot you can bet that the 2nd and 3rd won't. We'll see, the game is still evolving. I have to say the maps are fantastic though, perhaps a few too many headglitches in some.

Man, I can't believe I hyped myself up to believe the map layouts would be similar to BO1. They're exactly as chaotic as MW3..

This isn't even a formal complaint, I just prefer a more conventional layout where there are two opposing sides and a few different avenues for flanking.

I personally dislike maps that allow for spawning behind the enemy and vice versa, there's too many variables to keep track of and leads to so many deaths. Obviously I'll work to improve my skill, and the randomness of it all will scale back, but for now this is exactly the same feeling I had playing MW3 and that wasn't very pleasant.

Come on, guys. It was red because he was placing it in a spot where he couldn't, then he put it away when he noticed what was happening around him. Have neither of you placed a turret before? :eek:

I think the turret was red because he had the equipment-detecting perk. I think BO2 calls it "Engineer." Later in the video you can see a red turret through a wall.

celestial body said:
Hmm not sure about this ghost nerf and that fact that it's unlocked so late. Once the enemy have a UAV up, it actively discourages rushing behind enemy lines, something that i find a lot of fun. Even if the first guy misses that dot you can bet that the 2nd and 3rd won't. We'll see, the game is still evolving.

I was surprised to see Counter UAV is a 600 pointstreak. That's much higher than in Blops 1.

Kyoufu

I think the turret was red because he had the equipment-detecting perk. I think BO2 calls it "Engineer." Later in the video you can see a red turret through a wall.

I was surprised to see Counter UAV is a 600 pointstreak. That's much higher than in Blops 1.

MW3 was hilarious. So much UAV/Counter-UAV spam
KuGsj.gif

Tamanon

Banned
Its such a shame that these big games ship unfinished these days more often than not. I mean why not delay a version and concentrate on 2 versions instead of 4 if the game is so broken.

All this does is hurt the franchise.

?

This has nothing to do with the game being "unfinished".

Shadybiz

I was able to get on on the PS3 just now for a quick game. First try, got booted back into the lobby, but it connected fine on the second, and stayed up throughout the match, so that's good.

And man...there IS definite blur. I think someone had mentioned that turning the sharpness up fixes it somewhat, so I guess I'll just do that. I can usually look past such things, but it is definitely noticeable.

Well, after getting to level 30 or so, and I've always been a huge Call of Duty fan, but..............

.........the multiplayer is beyond bad. Don't even know where to begin really, well, I do, the levels are crap, but lordy. Such a disappointment. Not really feeling up to grinding out more of the game just to see if it gets better, but I know I will =( Slave to the system ftl.

The COD franchise is in serious need of a reboot. They need to take a 2 year+ layoff and go back to the drawing board. I feel like the series plateaued with MW2, imo. I really don't have faith in Treyarch. It's like people forgot how bad they were compared to IW.

The COD franchise is in serious need of a reboot. They need to take a 2 year+ layoff and go back to the drawing board. I feel like the series plateaued with MW2, imo. I really don't have faith in Treyarch. It's like people forgot how bad they were compared to IW.

1)Get a state of the art engine for this series

2)Dedicated Servers for little to no lag

3)Hit detection on point.

Solving those three issues and you're literally half-way there to fixing the series' core issues.

1)Get a state of the art engine for this series

2)Dedicated Servers for little to no lag

3)Hit detection on point.

Solving those three issues and you're literally half-way there to fixing the series' core issues.

Fuck, does this game need new graphics! Same shit since COD4, I'm tired on that for sure.

aku:jiki

Oh, maybe. There's two different shades of red for equipment though, with unplaced ones being a lighter shade of red. This looked like the latter to me, but I don't have BO2 yet so I don't know how everything looks.

Fuck, does this game need new graphics! Same shit since COD4, I'm tired on that for sure.
I'm all for rose-tinted glasses for CoD4, but you really need to take a look at it again. Every CoD past MW2 looks way better in every way.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Ok, weird thing, whenever me and friends try to go into a core/team deathmatch it keeps jumping into a custom game, have the servers freaked out or something?

Oh, maybe. There's two different shades of red for equipment though, with unplaced ones being a lighter shade of red. This looked like the latter to me, but I don't have BO2 yet so I don't know how everything looks.

I'm all for rose-tinted glasses for CoD4, but you really need to take a look at it again. Every CoD past MW2 looks way better in every way.

I'm not saying BLOPS 2 in particular but the series as a whole. Yes they keep improving the physics and some nice things but no matter what they do, you can tell it is still the same.

It is like putting make on a 60 year old lady, she ain't getting pretty as a young girl, that is for sure.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So does the nuketown 2025 code comes with every new copy of the game? or is it a pre order only thing, been hearing different thing.

Top Bottom