• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Tamanon

Banned
Just had my best match thus far testing out a new scope on my MTAR. 26-5 TDM Ground War on Aftermath. Normally I hover around even. Helps that I got 7 kills on a Lightning Strike lol.

And now servers are down.

Black Ops 2 is seriously Call of Duty on a speedball. I'm not a camper by any stretch, but goddamn I can't keep up. It's all run and gun insanity. There is no semblance of teamwork even with a party of people. I played with a few friends last night and in the middle of silence I said, "Remember how we used to actually call out stuff and strategize on Halo 4 the other night?"

I said this last night but man the presentation has dropped dramatically since the first BLOPS.

the menus are all pretty ugly and the loading screens are a fucking joke.

other then that its a serviceable call of duty game

I thought Black Ops 1 was the closest we got to COD 4 which was godlike to me.

I agree. This game currently is not clicking with me. I don't like the gun sounds, seems like they were recorded in a hallway. They all seem to have rapid fire built in by default. And not only is the recoil bad, firing from the hip is basically like aiming. It has now sway whatsoever. All the guns feel like they have perfect aim. The bullshit fake recoil the guns have is just an illusion.

EDIT- Dare i say as of now i feel MW3 is better than this?

Ensoul

I think the main problem I am having with this game is the pacing. The maps are just to small and have to many back ways to get behind and to the side of people. The game just reminds of of playing quake II on the PC. There is no teamwork to speak of just people running around the map 1000 miles per hour. That is why I cannot get anything going. I kill two people. I spawn, move for 10 seconds, shot in the back. Spawn again kill a person then get shot from the side. Spawn again start to shoot someone then 2 guys come out shoot me from either side. It is tough to get in a rhythm when you can never seem to get a clean shot a someone without dying.

Jangocube

Banned
Well, after getting to level 30 or so, and I've always been a huge Call of Duty fan, but..............

.........the multiplayer is beyond bad. Don't even know where to begin really, well, I do, the levels are crap, but lordy. Such a disappointment. Not really feeling up to grinding out more of the game just to see if it gets better, but I know I will =( Slave to the system ftl.

Black Ops 2 is seriously Call of Duty on a speedball. I'm not a camper by any stretch, but goddamn I can't keep up. It's all run and gun insanity. There is no semblance of teamwork even with a party of people. I played with a few friends last night and in the middle of silence I said, "Remember how we used to actually call out stuff and strategize on Halo 4 the other night?"

I can only imagine how that must feel to go from Halo 4 to this. I plyed tones of UT3, so I am used to it.

Desaan

At least you know what you are getting with COD these days. It's an arcade game at best. Shooting fish in a barrel whilst the barrel rotates at 10,000 rpm. It's fun for a few hours at a time, might even keep you coming back for a month or two but in the end it's the same regurgitated shit they've been selling for a decade and until you stop buying it they'll keep making it.

First impressions of the PS3 version in order:
1) Holy fuck this shit is blurry, I cant see shit!
2) At least framerate is smooth as butter this time around, that's good
3) Sound is actually the best one in the series
4) Is that an object or a person? I can't tell because the whole screen is so god damn blurry

So am I understanding this correct, there's 99 things that require unlock tokens, but you can only unlock 55 things during any given prestige level?

aristotle

Why the fuck am I unable to connect for hours now, what the FUCK is going on. [PS3 version]

They fucked up. Worse than usual.

Not only that but why does it kick me to the main menu when the server is full? They really messed up some simple things this go around. We need like double XP for a week after all of these headaches. I haven't been able to play a regular core online match for 2 days now. I wouldn't mind just playing league, but there is no xp earned so it's like a waste of time right now.

The big problem with this game and people not PTFO is the fact that there is nothing to invest in except your kd/r and dem tokes.

When I play a round of BF, it's usually long enough where I feel like I'm playing for an objective instead of running around like a spazz. There's not enough feedback on what the rest of your team is doing, and in all honesty, because of the gameplay speed and spawn system you don't have a moment to strategize.

LQX

The big problem with this game and people not PTFO is the fact that there is nothing to invest in except your kd/r and dem tokes.

When I play a round of BF, it's usually long enough where I feel like I'm playing for an objective instead of running around like a spazz. There's not enough feedback on what the rest of your team is doing, and in all honesty, because of the gameplay speed and spawn system you don't have a moment to strategize.

Welcome to the MP first person genre outside of BF?

Another poster suggested 2 Claymores, 2 Shock Charges, Scavenger, with Guardian and Sentry Gun as scorestreaks. Sounds hilarious.

I'll have to try that to enrage the run 'n' gunners.

tha_devil

Fuck this shit, 2 times it crashed my ps3 in 3 multiplayer maps ffs, not only takes minutes to get back in but you also dont get xp...waiting for patch.

Nori Chan

Omg at the post credits ending
Woods being lazy oh man that shit was funny. Really thought that would be a zombie map with two guys from avenge sevenfold and woods and Menendez. The best part was Reznov and old Mason dancing and him freaking out when Reznov wasn't there.

Realyn

I thought scavenger only replenishes grenades. It refills your claymores too?

Yeps ... I'm using it since I unlocked scavenger. It's pretty lame, but super effective ...

edit: you know that train map? Just go into one of the high places and claymore both ways in = Profit.

SJRB

Gold Member
PS3 has an optional texture install, perhaps that might improve graphical fidelity?

I installed it before playing, I haven't noticed any extremely blurry graphics. You know, those 10 minutes I was actually able to play adgadgadgadgfdagdfa

Xux

Are shotguns worth using in this game?
870's my most used gun and I've been having quite a bit of fun with it. Haven't tried the others much but if you pick one up be sure to ADS as it tightens the spread from the near LMG default spread closer to SMG spread.

is there a review thread that i'm just not seeing for this game? Wasn't super impressed with the last COD but I do enjoy the multiplayer every now and then.

The_Monk

I really hope they can fix all this major problems.

Didn't Black Ops1 had a very, very bad week? With lot's of online problems? Can't remember since I only got it 2 months or something after release.

Tomorrow or Friday I will have my game but things don't seem to be looking good... =/

Adamm

Is ps3 severs messed up ATM?

I can't mute people & my custom classes aren't working in game & keep getting disconnected

Top Bottom