• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Yep but its reworked, the levels play in different order, the story is shifted completely around and actions you take in cutscenes have entirely new meanings or reasons. Its just brilliant man. This comes from someone who thought it was simply an addon.

The only part of COD games I've never enjoyed is Zombies so maybe I will like this since it's a campaign instead of just hordes of shooting.

Kriken

So for whatever reason, the game booted in 4K on my first boot and ran at a silky smooth half frame per second. I'm glad the Nvidia GeForce Experience supports this and I was able to change the settings outside of the game

5 minutes into the campaign and I already had to restart the mission because of two glitches with npcs not doing what they are suppose to do.

Loxley

Welp, first mission in the SP campaign and I ran into a game-ending bug (PS4 digital version w/ patch).
The part where you've just rescued the Minister and his buddy and are fighting outside. At some point you decide to take an alternate route through a nearby building, but my AI guys just stood in front of the door and refused to move. There was no button prompt to open the door (where I assume there was supposed to be one). I stood there for a good two minutes trying to trigger whatever was supposed to happen, but to avail. I tried to just restart at the checkpoint - same problem. I ended up having to completely start the level over :/

jmelons

So, picking up the game at BB, I was told that I was getting 1 of 2 PC versions the store had in stock. The PC struggle is real.

Also, the PC physical version is 6 discs. S I X. Step your Bluray game up, Activision.

Victrix

*beard*
Fucking idiotic. Can't connect to any friends, NAT reporting as moderate in-game. Why? Who the fuck knows, its open in every other game.

I hope I don't regret this on PC like I did for Advanced Warfare, I mean 80% of the playlists are Death-match or Domination on PC, so bloody boring.

Yes It just launched but Advanced Warfare didn't really improve, is this what the COD community is like on PC? Nothing but death-match?

Also It sucks being a Zombie mode fan when living in Australia every single game I joined public has resulted in 200-300+ ping due to the Host or whatever being from the US/UK or any country outside AU.

When I do manage to find a game for other modes though, it is a blast however I have to wait an eternity.

Matchmaking sucks ass on the PC and if you live in Australia, I'm sad Battlefront is doing it as well.

Karak

The only part of COD games I've never enjoyed is Zombies so maybe I will like this since it's a campaign instead of just hordes of shooting.

The voiceover and way it mixes the two types of gameplay is great. But you do have to beat the campaign to get it and frankly if you didn't...it would be less cool

Josh5890

So my disc reader isn't reading any of my discs right now. This is very frustrating. I know my player works since I tried it with other games and they work.

I guess Treyarch underestimated the ddos they would be receiving. I'll try a few more times and then get some sleep and play early in the am.

shanafan

Sweet little guitar number when you level up in MP. Especially more badass when omitted from the PS4 controller's speaker.

jmelons

So my disc reader isn't reading any of my discs right now. This is very frustrating. I know my player works since I tried it with other games and they work.

Cancel the install, eject the disc, then hit install from within Steam. It will start downloading.

I just did this when it said it would take over 3 hours to install using discs. I can download it in 30 minutes.

It's downloading for me right now.

Karak

VO is really bland and boring.

It took me a long time to warm up to Ben Bowder who I love. And the same with the female player. It takes a long time to get that story rolling and in the end...it makes 0 sense anyway. Which is why you can play it out of order

It begins. How long before you post and say it's the worst CoD you've played ;)

The ginger sex cannon, I approve ;)

Anyway I like the movement waay better, it's slower, but snappier. Guns are a lot more heavy and the feedback is much better.

I love it so far.

Josh5890

Cancel the install, eject the disc, then hit install from within Steam. It will start downloading.

I just did this when it said it would take over 3 hours to install using discs. I can download it in 30 minutes.

It's downloading for me right now.

Yea but my PC won't even recognize the game so how can I install within steam?

Kalentan

I think my Single player is glitched?

I'm in the tutorial level at:

The part where the bridge is blown up. My 3 allies run towards a door in the building nearby but the door never opens and the drop ship comes down and just kills me every time.

Grabbed a Hardened Edition to complete my Black Ops steelbook set and popped in the disc for downloads. Looking forward to some couch split screen tomorrow.

Karak

I think my Single player is glitched?

I'm in the tutorial level at:

The part where the bridge is blown up. My 3 allies run towards a door in the building nearby but the door never opens and the drop ship comes down and just kills me every time.

Ya the drop ship, if I know what your talking about, should get taken out without you firing.

I also want to know what people think of the MP classes as they stand? I dig the chick with the bouncing rockets as her special. Sorry I have been up for like 2 days. her name escapes me.

shmoglish

Got my copy, starting to play it in 2 hours. Had a quick look into the zombiething.

So, picking up the game at BB, I was told that I was getting 1 of 2 PC versions the store had in stock. The PC struggle is real.

Also, the PC physical version is 6 discs. S I X. Step your Bluray game up, Activision.
Hey, better than the downloadlauncher Konami (for example) gives you ;)

jmelons

I want to buy you a beer bud! Thanks!

J8dYGuK.gif

Elitist1945

Holy fuck I barely crack 30fps on medium settings (for the record my PC runs Crysis at Ultra 60fps). BO3 > Crysis confirmed.

MIne- Rated it a Buy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e83O0u5n2L8
If you don't like youtube or my stuff here are the pros cons

Pros
Nightmare mode is ace
Zombie mode
Much of the time it looks great
Music
Sound(with a caveat)
Voice actors galore though with a bad story
MP has been a blast

Cons
GFX hitches on XBOX One during levels with a lot of smoke. Strangely far more with PS4 now. Very hitchy.

Wow, did not know you had a Neogaf account. You're honestly one of my favorite reviewers.

Top Bottom