• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Xbudz

Ran into several bugs and crashes in my first hour on Xbox One. Lots of lag online as well.

Kinda regretting my purchase already.

Victrix

*beard*
Audio is insanely quiet, I have to bump my amp from 35 to 50 for it to sound even remotely loud enough, even with 'supercrunch' selected. This audio mix is bad o_O

The nice little coaster holder in my Juggernog edition was dented right out of the box >:/

Game installing now... so hyped for the return of zombies.

DJKhaled

Not even half-way downloaded on my day one patch yet on PS4 =(

That's why I always buy games for my Xbox One rather than my PS4, I don't have good internet but I can still get good speeds one Xbox One and it will be done in an hour, on the PS4 it takes all day for a medium sized download.

Wish there was more than one map on Zombies but it's still dope and way better than AW zombies. It has the amazing Treyarch vibe going. Though I really miss that Quick Revive song from Black Ops 2

DeVeAn

It took me a long time to warm up to Ben Bowder who I love. And the same with the female player. It takes a long time to get that story rolling and in the end...it makes 0 sense anyway. Which is why you can play it out of order
I skip all possible cutscenes. I feel like I'm just wasting time watching them. The story makes 0 sense as you said.

BlazinAm

Downloading the game about 40 minutes left. My name is BlazinAm on Steam if anyone wants to pick up a match.

leng jai

Audio is insanely quiet, I have to bump my amp from 35 to 50 for it to sound even remotely loud enough, even with 'supercrunch' selected. This audio mix is bad o_O

Yep, no idea what they did to it. It's pretty bad. Gaming audio continues to disappoint.

shanafan

Yeah, I have my receiver at a higher volume than I normally would for a game.

A few questions for those that played most of it.

Scripted to hell?

Single player have any splinter cell like realistic atmospheric stealth or office buildings without shooting?

Snow levels?

Rizzi

Every time I find a zombies game to play.
TDBsygZ.jpg
:(

shanafan

Shooting down UAVs is fast as it has been in Black Ops. Shooting down UAVs in Ghosts was impractical, however it got a little better in AW - but still slower. Really fast to shoot down a UAV in BO3 so far.

SRTtoZ

Watching streams and there seems to be so much lag at times. A few games with perfect latency and then 5 in a row with shit latency.

Nokterian

Awesome OT title haha and great job OP!

Also gaf if you wanna do some zombies/MP or in between add me on PSN : Nokterian have to say PS4 runs great so far.

As i said on twitter "The weight in Black ops 3 MP is just so damn good it just feels right. I think they adjusted it from the beta and i don't mind."

Even if i didn't played a lot yet it feels great and i am having much more fun than AW MP.

Falchion

Just turned it off for the night after about 7 matches but I had fun. I was Battery / War Machine and that special is fantastic when there's enemies around.

I've been switching back and forth between the default AR and SMG. AR seems to be more my speed right now so I'll have to see which one people are preferring right now.

Anyone else playing this on PC? The FPS is terrible. I'm running a GTX 770 at 4GB and I have to drop everything to low at 50% resolution on a 1440p to get over 100FPS.

If I just leave it at low or medium at it's native resolution, I'm at 45FPS. I don't think the beta was this bad...

Anyone else playing this on PC? The FPS is terrible. I'm running a GTX 770 at 4GB and I have to drop everything to low at 50% resolution on a 1440p to get over 100FPS.

If I just leave it at low or medium at it's native resolution, I'm at 45FPS. I don't think the beta was this bad...

Apparently, the PC version is a very bad port. Needs to get patched up.

holy fuk the auto aim. especially coming from halo 5.

Yeah it's pulled me around corners they need to tone it down a little. I had a digital preorder on ps4 but it never downloaded nuketown is it a separate download ?

Never mind I ended up searching for it in the PlayStation store it's downloading now

Karak

Just turned it off for the night after about 7 matches but I had fun. I was Battery / War Machine and that special is fantastic when there's enemies around.

I've been switching back and forth between the default AR and SMG. AR seems to be more my speed right now so I'll have to see which one people are preferring right now.

Thank you for reminding me of the name of my favorite. Ya War Machine. Amazing.

Also guys with Lag if you still want to just play create a custom game fill it with bots and turn the difficult up. They DO use all the avenues of movement and you can still do some shooting.,

To put it bluntly, the framerate in the Campaign on the PS4 is fucking terrible.

So odd. Seeing streams where its fine, then others where its terrible. My own was fine until level 4 then things started to progressively get much worse.

leng jai

The multiplayer sound mix seems to be louder/better than the one in the campaign. I had this same issue with Halo 5 but I didn't see anyone else mention it. Am I just going insane or what?

Jblanks

War Machine/ Reaper bot were my go to in beta; will probably be the same again, mixed it with bowgirl.

Top Bottom