• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

-TK-

Holy shit Core TDM feels easy after playing HC TDM so long. Everybody is totally insane and just rushing everywhere like complete idiots without any accuracy.

The game is very good, but those random matchmaking and server issues needs fixing.

Rixxan

Well guys, first time I get the Mothership!

First time I attempt it as well. Needless to say, I had no idea what to do at first, wasn't even sure how to move the ship around lol.

Anyways, the other team was also ahead and there were some good players there as well, getting raps and going over 50 kills. So there was quite the competition.

Pretty game play, I actually ended up liking the Mothership, just gotta get better at it xD

I also had the opportunity to get it all another two times again, unfortunately it did not pan out.

https://youtu.be/7-pPzgJ72wU

Was this gameplay after the Pharo nerf?

Just wondering because I haven't played since fallout came out and want to make sure it's still a solid option when I pick it back up. Nice round btw.

jorgejjvr

Just wondering because I haven't played since fallout came out and want to make sure it's still a solid option when I pick it back up. Nice round btw.
Thank you

And yes, it is after it got nerfed

That was from last night

My favorite weapon, not sure what got nerfed, still awesome

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Pharo is still great.

ron_bato

I can't seem to connect to the server to download the latest game update (PS4, region 3 -- that's asia). In the main menu it starts with 33.0.0.0 on the upper right hand corner, then I sit in the title screen and update to reach 33.19.20.1, and when I get into the main menu, it boots me out saying either the servers are not available, or that I couldn't connect to PSN.

Is 33.19.20.1 the latest game version? Or should I sit in the title screen to wait some more? I've deleted the game, redownloaded patch 1.02 and I still get the same issue. Anybody got ideas? This would be very much appreciated.

Nilbog

Neo Member
Belgium here, looking to team up in the weekends for objective based games (mainly domination) on PS4. Add me and mention GAF: SpeedySpeedsUp

EL CUCO

I can't seem to connect to the server to download the latest game update (PS4, region 3 -- that's asia). In the main menu it starts with 33.0.0.0 on the upper right hand corner, then I sit in the title screen and update to reach 33.19.20.1, and when I get into the main menu, it boots me out saying either the servers are not available, or that I couldn't connect to PSN.

Is 33.19.20.1 the latest game version? Or should I sit in the title screen to wait some more? I've deleted the game, redownloaded patch 1.02 and I still get the same issue. Anybody got ideas? This would be very much appreciated.
Something similar happens to me everytime the game setting are updated. Von said it was a bug that will need to be fixed with an official patch through third party, in this case being Playstation. After it boots me, I'm usually able to click "play online" in the local menu and it logs me in fine.

If you still can't connect, I imagine their server might be down.

Hope this helps.

ron_bato

Something similar happens to me everytime the game setting are updated. Von said it was a bug that will need to be fixed with an official patch through third party, in this case being Playstation. After it boots me, I'm usually able to click "play online" in the local menu and it logs me in fine.

If you still can't connect, I imagine their server might be down.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I already tried picking 'play online' and it connects me to the server, only to boot me out immediately.

I'm hoping that the server is just down for me or something, it's been 6 hours and I can't connect yet. So I'll just try tomorrow.

Thanks for the help kind sir.

Just need to finish 2 more AR's to get diamond camo. Working on the ICR right now and it feels really good.

I don't normally control scorestreaks when I get them. I rather let them do their own thing. Sometimes it serves as a distracting and let's me come up from behind. So I'm not too concerned if I don't get many kills with them.

A few moments ago, I decided to control my Talon and damn! Got about 7-10 kills during that one run. What a beast. The talon is something I could see myself controlling more often. The cerberus I'll never control. It doesn't have the same freedom as the Talon.

I can see why some of you like to control your scorestreaks. Really dangerous.

Just need to finish 2 more AR's to get diamond camo. Working on the ICR right now and it feels really good.

I don't normally control scorestreaks when I get them. I rather let them do their own thing. Sometimes it serves as a distracting and let's me come up from behind. So I'm not too concerned if I don't get many kills with them.

A few moments ago, I decided to control my Talon and damn! Got about 7-10 kills during that one run. What a beast. The talon is something I could see myself controlling more often. The cerberus I'll never control. It doesn't have the same freedom as the Talon.

They've done a great job with balance in this game, but the Talon is one of the few things that could use a nerf imo. It's like a flying death machine.

jorgejjvr

I don't like to control them either

However, I actually had fun with the Mothership, gets me lots of kills as well

The goddamn sticky targeting is pissing me off. Went to take aim as a dude dropped right in front of me from above and I faceplant my crosshairs right to the ground at his feet. Yeesh. Wish there was a way to adjust that sensitivity to make it less sticky.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
The recoil on the Vesper is straight garbage.

Kuda still remains top tier SMG imo.

EDIT: Have not unlocked Pharo yet so no comment.

Without using the Xbox One record feature does the Theater Mode have a record feature?

Theater Mode in this one is terrible. Apparently, you can only watch your matches. You can't actually edit clips or upload them. A definite disappointment, especially when you compare it to BO2.

Gurrry

Alright guys, I finally have a complaint about this game.

Not sure if its my internet or what, but lately, all I get is "connection interrupted" every 5-10 seconds. Other players are bouncing everywhere, no clear fluid movement from opponents or allies.

Has treyarch stated they are working to fix the connection issues? Because this is getting ridiculous. I couldnt even play this morning because everytime I nearly had a kill the game would stop, "connection interrupted", then id be looking at the kill cam screen.

farisr

So started this up yesterday for the first time.

Disappointed. The splitscreen in this game is bad (talking about 2p online, haven't tried 4p local yet). I had no issues with the AW splitscreen whatsoever, but something's off about this. Thing just aren't clear. And I'm playing on a projector, so we get a 60 inch screen per player. I may need to pull up a side by side comparison to pinpoint what exactly is different. Never had this kind of an issue with any of the COD games before in splitscreen.

We only played for a couple of hours but general sentiment was that AW's traversal/movement felt better than the traversal for this.

We all were really looking forward to this as Black Ops 1 & 2 were our favorites, and we are big on local. But splitscreen being the way it is, and AW doing a decent job last year makes this game seem like a disappointment so far.

We're going to give it a few more hours, as maybe we just need to get used to it, but we did not have a similar reaction to AW last year (possibly because of how horrible ghosts was before it, but even for ghosts we didn't have an issue with how splitscreen looked)

PS. The post match winners circle is a whole new level of cringe.

Daffy Duck

The goddamn sticky targeting is pissing me off. Went to take aim as a dude dropped right in front of me from above and I faceplant my crosshairs right to the ground at his feet. Yeesh. Wish there was a way to adjust that sensitivity to make it less sticky.

Hate getting sucked off like that.

;)

Bolivar687

Banned
Guys I want to ask you whether I should buy this or not. I absolutely loved mw2 and liked blops but got majorly disappointed with mw3 and haven't bought another cod since then. The thing that bothered me the most was the gradual decline and simplification of the maps instead of big elaborate ones like mw2 they were becoming smaller and smaller. I just want to know if the multiplayer is as good as either mw2 or blops and with which of the 3 games I mentioned I have played are like. Thanks in advance!!

If you're concerned about the maps getting smaller and smaller and miss the big elaborate map design, you should probably stay far away from Black Ops 3 and buy Ghosts instead. Just know the majority slammed Ghosts for the same reason they did MW2 - it's easy to die and you really have to use situational awareness to stay alive and get kills. Pub stars also rejected it because it was slower paced and the killtreaks rewarded your team instead of helping you stomp the lobby. But the game definitely has the pacing of MW2 matches, where the action ebbs and flows until it eventually builds to a crescendo at the end when the players throw caution to the wind because they have to win the game.

Black Ops 3 is essentially a remake of Black Ops 2 but if I had to compare it to the games you know, imagine the small size of MW3 maps but with the simplified layouts of Black Ops 1. It's a great game in its own right but every map is the same - small sized with three lanes of interconnecting hallways and tight rooms, with one large area in the middle and two ot less verticality points. You always know where the enemy is coming from but the low time to kill makes it skill based in its own way. It's definitely not what you're looking for but watch some streams and see if it might be something you'd like regardless.

Calabi

Yeah the aiming in general feels screwed up to me, cant get the hang of it. I dont know why they dont just turn of auto-aim, sticky aim, everybody would be on an equal playing field and it would be more fun.

Falchion

Had a 7 hour marathon S&D session with some friends yesterday and it was a blast. Haven't had that much fun in a while.

Top Bottom