• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

I went on HC TDM tonight, holy shit what a difference, got a positive kd each game as I could actually kill people rather than get hit markers and just dying. A few corner campers to deal with but feels more tactical and lack of map improves gameplay to me.

What are hitmarkers exactly?

Guenther

Came back home today; haven't played since Thursday so I just turned it on and hoped that the game was playable -- and nope. Went through four different games and they all had so much lag the game was literally unplayable. On certain hours of the day it seems like the game is functional, but for so many hours it's just unplayable.

"Dedicated servers" my anus. PS4 Europe.
The same here! Fix this shit, Treyarch!

And Flak Jacks protects from Hellstorm - WTF?

I just finished the campaign and people were right when they said it was the worst Treyarch story. It's a shame because I always look forward to their single player.

Mutliplayer is a ton of fun though. It's easily my favorite Call of Duty in a long time just for that

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If Pharo got nerfed I'm not feeling it. The gun is a beast. Easily my favorite in the game.

On the subject of camos, I never understand why people use gold/diamond ones. They look hideous. Same for those weird fluorescent green ones.

The gold actually looks pretty decent in this one. Got a nice shade that isn't too gaudy.

pmunk

The only thing that really bugs me in this is how people just constantly keep spawning behind me. I am used to spawns flipping sides from Destiny but in this, it happens in the span of like 2 seconds.

Geez.

It is tough because of the small map size on most of the maps.

Nuke town being an extreme example of course.

I haven't played much of the MP because of the connection issues and lag when I do get in a game. How can they have a beta which runs mostly fine and then have the full game go this wrong?

Klyka

Banned
People always complain about this in CoD and never ever once blame their own team mates. If 2 or more of your team mates are near their spawn, the engine will spawn the other team where you are since you're alone on that one side. It's really not hard to understand why spawn flips so often. It's because of your team mates trying to rush into their spawn and spawn kill. The engine doesn't really let you do that anymore.

I....I know. I literally said this a couple posts up :p

On the subject of camos, I never understand why people use gold/diamond ones. They look hideous. Same for those weird fluorescent green ones.

Yea, it's for a sense of accomplishment. I can't see myself wanting to use gold/diamond too often, though. Not a fan of them.

lmao, that's crazy. What gun is that?

In terms of best full auto AR, I wanna say Man-O-War but now I'm loving the ICR. I say try those 2 out. Can't go wrong either way.

It's cause the game chooses spawns depending on where the currently alive teammembers of both teams are and then spawns you opposite of the enemy team. But since everyone runs around like crazy, the spawns switch every couple seconds.

It should not work like that in Domination.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is the game doing a lot of necessary loading post-match? Or is it so long simply because they want me to hear ONE SHOT ONE KILL....WONT EVEN SEE IT COMING or MESS WITH DA BEST DIE LIKE DA REST after every match?

Agent

Some player on my team was prestige 3, level 14. The games been barely out a week. I can't even imagine the time put in to get there.

I've put my fair share of time in and I'm only rank 43. Granted, this is my first COD in about 5 years so I'm not overly great.

Is the game doing a lot of necessary loading post-match? Or is it so long simply because they want me to hear ONE SHOT ONE KILL....WONT EVEN SEE IT COMING or MESS WITH DA BEST DIE LIKE DA REST after every match?

I think the loads are really huge post-match because of the inexistance of loadings between mp/sp/zombies

PS: Are any videos of MP framerate on consoles and comparison between them?

Some player on my team was prestige 3, level 14. The games been barely out a week. I can't even imagine the time put in to get there.

I've put my fair share of time in and I'm only rank 43. Granted, this is my first COD in about 5 years so I'm not overly great.

There's several people on Master Prestige already :p

Falchion

IMO the Man o War, its slow fire but its auto. Powerful too.

I got turned into a Man o War believer last night. I was playing S&D and I picked one up from a dead guy in a pinch. Pointed it at 2 enemies clustered together and I was shocked how quickly they both died. Right after that I unlocked it and started leveling it up.

Nokterian

I got turned into a Man o War believer last night. I was playing S&D and I picked one up from a dead guy in a pinch. Pointed it at 2 enemies clustered together and I was shocked how quickly they both died. Right after that I unlocked it and started leveling it up.

Nearly there to get Man o war using HVK-30 for the moment also very nice assault rifle.

Ihyll

Slap high caliber and rapid fire on it and it becomes a beast

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I can imagine liking man o war with rapid fire on, but I disliked it for the most part when I tried it out. The rate of fire is so low that meeting someone around a corner would result in me dying if they had anything faster, which is probable.

At distances it's better but even then I like the xr-2 more I think.

Is it just me, or are all of the maps the exact same size? I miss having different sized maps like in MW2. Give me at least one huge, wide open map.

Victrix

*beard*
Is it just me, or are all of the maps the exact same size? I miss having different sized maps like in MW2. Give me at least one huge, wide open map.

I'm sorry, open spaces are not allowed on treyarch maps, coverage of an open area instead of three lanes causes gamer brains to explode. See: Ghosts.

Matticers

Prestige 2.

I never know what to use my token on.

Same here except I'm approaching the first prestige. I'm not really blown away by any of the high level guns of perks. Ghost seems too situational and I prefer the stronger weapons like Gorgon and Sheiva that you aren't running too much with. Haven't gotten dead silence yet but I really like Engineer so I'm not sure how much I'd use that. Maybe I'll like the M8 but I wasn't too fond of it after the beta nerf and I'm assuming it's still the same. Razorback is a hit marker machine for me.

XB1 users, what is the cheapest region I can get this from that's in English? Want to pick it up cheap on XB1 to play with friends occasionally

MilesTeg

Banned
ICR is all hit markers for me. It seems like it should be good but even with high caliber I'm getting way too many hit markers.

Schuhu

Neo Member
I unlocked the combat axe because I was curious about it. It seems completly gimmicky? Am I missing something here because on hardcore instant kills aren't as important, anything dies instantly anyway

ICR is all hit markers for me. It seems like it should be good but even with high caliber I'm getting way too many hit markers.
Same here. It feels like it should be way more effective than it is. I just shoot guys ten times and they don't go down. This game just feels off to me.

Gorillaz

I think I just broke my controller because of this stupid ass Vision Pulse hornet armor shit. Not even a good ability.

I only use vision pulse in objective games. Uplink and safeguard especially uplink. They pretty much already know where I'm at when Im running the orb so why not know where they are too?

I think I just broke my controller because of this stupid ass Vision Pulse hornet armor shit. Not even a good ability.

I struggled with that as well until I found a strategy: play hardcore domination. Wait near a flag you already have. B flag is the best. When it's being captured, wait a few seconds to see if more people hop on it, then use vision pulse and go to town.

You might not get it on 1 shot but it's your best bet instead of running around and using it randomly.

Good luck, man! I know its a pain in the ass.

Falchion

Slap high caliber and rapid fire on it and it becomes a beast

That's what I"m working for.

Quick question about weapon paint jobs: is there going to be a way to download user's creations at some point? Seems crazy to have a community feature that shows them off without a way of downloading them for yourself.

Top Bottom