• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

EL CUCO

This game is so much fun

Two year dlc treyarch please!
I actually would love this. It'd be nice to squeeze all the juice out of this one that I could lol not exactly hyped for anything IW has to put out. I still feel Sledgehammer could deliver something decent, seeing they aren't afraid to take some risks but thats a couple years away still. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes in the MP side.

Ensoul

So fucking sick of getting 6 hit markers off pepole and having them just somehow live and kill me. I am getting like 5 assists a game because of this bullshit.

aristotle

So what's the benefits of prestiging? Is it different from past games?

For me, I only did it because it actually opens up a new tier of challenges and calling cards. Beyond 1st prestige, I don't think it does anything though. I'm currently uncertain on whether I'll go beyond the first prestige this time.

Ensoul

I am also trying to get a camo where you have to get 50 kills with no attachments and for whatever reason its simply stuck at 8 kills. WTF?

EL CUCO

The game keeps putting me on international servers :'( one of the downsides of living in Florida. Interesting how they removed the ability to see what the location of the server you're in is. Sometimes I wish I had a Netduma

Is suspend/resume in campaign broken on PS4? I keep getting booted to the main menu. I guess it's because it looses internet connection in the suspended mode, and therefore it resets the campaign session? Any way to avoid that?

Just got diamond camo on my launchers:

p5NkzFa.png

nS0YMvz.png

I played a TDM game with my brother yesterday and it divided the teams 8-3 so it was me, my brother, and a random vs 8 players. We didn't do too bad honestly :p We were holding steady tied for half the match but towards the end they started to pull away.

HZyXERF.jpg

By the way this is the 2nd time I've seen these super uneven lobbies(more than 6 players on a side) happen. I remember this happened occasionally back in the COD4 days.

Klyka

Banned
The only thing that really bugs me in this is how people just constantly keep spawning behind me. I am used to spawns flipping sides from Destiny but in this, it happens in the span of like 2 seconds.

Geez.

Man. First time using Pharo today, after the nerf no less, and man is this thing a stinger. Wasn't expecting it to be this nice, tbh. I love my Kuda but the Pharo is swaying me after a few games.

The irons are nice and its ROF seems to cut people down pretty quick. At range its not bad, either. Dunno if its just me but I seem to land more at distance with this vs my Kuda, both with no LBs. Might be placebo or just an easier gun to handle. I will say tho landing that first burst and range is critical, not so much in close quarters wih hipfire as follow ups are easy to manage at that distance.

Nice little gun, that's for sure!

The only thing that really bugs me in this is how people just constantly keep spawning behind me. I am used to spawns flipping sides from Destiny but in this, it happens in the span of like 2 seconds.

Geez.

Spawns are so screwed its amazing.
Domination has the worst I have ever seen.

In domination we had A, enemy had C and B was neutral.
Multiple times I spawned directly next to B while enemies were spawning on freaking A.

jorgejjvr

Man. First time using Pharo today, after the nerf no less, and man is this thing a stinger. Wasn't expecting it to be this nice, tbh. I love my Kuda but the Pharo is swaying me after a few games.

The irons are nice and its ROF seems to cut people down pretty quick. At range its not bad, either. Dunno if its just me but I seem to land more at distance with this vs my Kuda, both with no LBs. Might be placebo or just an easier gun to handle. I will say tho landing that first burst and range is critical, not so much in close quarters wih hipfire as follow ups are easy to manage at that distance.

Nice little gun, that's for sure!
Welcome to the club

My favorite weapon in the game

https://youtu.be/7-pPzgJ72wU

jorgejjvr

Multiple times I spawned directly next to B while enemies were spawning on freaking A.
Huh

I play mostly domination, and the spawns are on point. I always know where they are coming from, when they flip etc. Spawns, at the very least in Dom, are just fine, what you would expect.

Edit: sorry for double post

I feel the "flow" with this call of duty a lot more than ghosts or aw. I just really enjoy the feeling of guessing and predicting where the enemy is spawning and taking advantage of that. Basically you know that if your teammates are somewhere and not dying or shooting, the enemy isn't spawning near there.

Anyone else loving the second assault rifle? The burst fire one?

Came back home today; haven't played since Thursday so I just turned it on and hoped that the game was playable -- and nope. Went through four different games and they all had so much lag the game was literally unplayable. On certain hours of the day it seems like the game is functional, but for so many hours it's just unplayable.

"Dedicated servers" my anus. PS4 Europe.

Ensoul

Trying to get the next camo. It's says 50 kills with and optical and 5 attachments. How do you get 5 attachments on a gun?

jorgejjvr

Came back home today; haven't played since Thursday so I just turned it on and hoped that the game was playable -- and nope. Went through four different games and they all had so much lag the game was literally unplayable. On certain hours of the day it seems like the game is functional, but for so many hours it's just unplayable.

Are you wired? Haven't had any issues. US tho

Trying to get the next camo. It's says 50 kills with and optical and 5 attachments. How do you get 5 attachments on a gun?
Use all the primary gunfighter wildcards, some are not unlocked until much later tho, oh and you cannot have perks, secondaries, lethals or tactical, just what you put on your gun

jorgejjvr

You're a murderer :O

I love the sight picture with the Elo on it. Will have to unlock that for sure. What other attachments are you using? I haven't unlocked much with it yet - just a few grips. Will unlock the rest today, methinks. Very fun gun for this playstyle :D
Haha thanks xD

And yeah I love it, very fun indeed

In that gameplay I was using helo sight, fast mag, extended mag, laser sight, and grip

Ghosts and fast hands for perks

Wraight, raps, and Mothership for streaks

CryptiK

The networking is awful in this game. And holy shit they still havent acknowledged the Mouse sens tied to FPS bug ffs.

Can't wait for the next COD cycle to kick in as it seems to be happening on reddit.

Klyka

Banned

It's cause the game chooses spawns depending on where the currently alive teammembers of both teams are and then spawns you opposite of the enemy team. But since everyone runs around like crazy, the spawns switch every couple seconds.

I got Deadly Silence for my prestige token and now I kinda regret, I should have got Ghost.

My next token is for the Argus, though, I miss it so much.

And holy shit, I put a LOE on KN-44 and my aiming improved several notches, not sure if placebo effect or what but it seems way more accurate.

t0rment

i dont know how the things are in europe, there are servers over here but they are dogshit, give me p2p back.

Joco

If Pharo got nerfed I'm not feeling it. The gun is a beast. Easily my favorite in the game.

On the subject of camos, I never understand why people use gold/diamond ones. They look hideous. Same for those weird fluorescent green ones.

aristotle

Geez.

People always complain about this in CoD and never ever once blame their own team mates. If 2 or more of your team mates are near their spawn, the engine will spawn the other team where you are since you're alone on that one side. It's really not hard to understand why spawn flips so often. It's because of your team mates trying to rush into their spawn and spawn kill. The engine doesn't really let you do that anymore.

boinx

Yup, same thing here, couple days ago the game was completely playable. Now it's just lagville everywhere, wtf is going on?

aristotle

There are dedicated servers, but they are running a hybrid solution. Running full dedicated servers would cost them too much in the long run so they run hybrid which uses both peer-to-peer and dedicated based on server count.

You have to remember they're still running servers for CoD4 through BO3.

Just managed to get a Mothership on Aquarium in TDM. I put it on as a joke last night thinking I was never gonna come close, welp ;)

Thank you Hives for saving me a few times

Jblanks

If Pharo got nerfed I'm not feeling it. The gun is a beast. Easily my favorite in the game.

On the subject of camos, I never understand why people use gold/diamond ones. They look hideous. Same for those weird fluorescent green ones.

To show off an accomplishment. I like the Gold, but Diamond looks pretty bad. Thought they might have improved it from Black Ops 2, but it went even more downhill.

Holy shit the gorgon is fucking insane on certain maps... Anything with a long hall it just kills people. Got a 5 kill with it... I think I found my new gun

My primary set-ups are:
- Man'o'war + Gorgon
- Kuda + Gorgon

Thinking of trying out Haymaker + Gorgon and, when I unlock it, the final shotgun (Angus? Argus?) + Gorgon. I do also have Man'o'war + Locus as a set-up but I prefer Gorgon for mid to long range.

Hardcore is great. No more 4-5 hit mark 'ticks' and not killing someone. Not being gimped by a silencer is cool as well.
I went on HC TDM tonight, holy shit what a difference, got a positive kd each game as I could actually kill people rather than get hit markers and just dying. A few corner campers to deal with but feels more tactical and lack of map improves gameplay to me.

Top Bottom