• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Just get the rockets in the elevator or whatever that spawns in front of you. You only need like 4 shots I think to take down the ship.

It's what I'm using, and it's at least 8, could be more but I've made 7 hits so far and it didn't end it.

The problem is when the raps come, if I don't take care of them quick enough then I'm faced with trying to find where the hell it's coming from, while getting shot at from the ship.

Nvzman

.....so when do I stop getting my fucking ass kicked?

When I unlock man o war at level 28 or....?

Am i supposed to be hooking up my main gun eith attachments or keeping grenades and perks on me or......

Also why even bother with a pistol, its an instant death sentence from what ive experienced...

Halp...
What? The pistols in this game are rediculously good. Not BO2 2-shot melt machine good but with some good aim and a good trigger finger the pistols dominate.

Can you jog my memory on this part? I'm on the 2nd to last chapter now, hoping I can continue crusiing through without getting caught up.

You might get lucky and finish him off quickly, or I might just suck. But it's at the end of that mission, you face off with
Taylor, he's in that big ass mothership floating above you with the 4 propeller things you have to shoot.
He drops RAPS every once in a while.

The good thing is you don't die in a single hit unless it's from rockets, but it's still bogus.

Nonentity

Uh, so hey. People who have beaten the campaign (like myself) and thought it was mostly incomprehensible, I was linked to this video that REALLY changes the context of the campaign.

Huge spoilers in it, obviously.

https://youtu.be/-JlwL0taNhE

It's still weird, but at least understandably so?

RS4-

It's what I'm using, and it's at least 8, could be more but I've made 7 hits so far and it didn't end it.

The problem is when the raps come, if I don't take care of them quick enough then I'm faced with trying to find where the hell it's coming from, while getting shot at from the ship.

I definitely didn't use 8; but you're at least using that uhh, tac rig thing where you have two lives right?

I know it doesn't always help since there is 0 invincibility when you respawn.

and re: the campaign in general, every cut scene that you can skip, I skipped it. It was just so bad.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You might get lucky and finish him off quickly, or I might just suck. But it's at the end of that mission, you face off with
Taylor, he's in that big ass mothership floating above you with the 4 propeller things you have to shoot.
He drops RAPS every once in a while.

The good thing is you don't die in a single hit unless it's from rockets, but it's still bogus.

fuuuuuuuuuckkk you got me nervous! lol. Is it possible to bring a friend in late in the game to help you out?
I have that perk on that gives you the second chance.
I don't know why I dread it, I guess Radec from KZ2 scarred me.

I definitely didn't use 8; but you're at least using that uhh, tac rig thing where you have two lives right?

I know it doesn't always help since there is 0 invincibility when you respawn.

and re: the campaign in general, every cut scene that you can skip, I skipped it. It was just so bad.

Yeah, I'm using the tac-rig, it helps but obviously not enough, lol. None of your abilities help here either, you can't control the raps, camo doesn't work, it's all useless. I'm 100% sure it's more than 7 because there are 6 propellers, and it takes 2 hits each to take one down. Not sure if you have to take all of them down but I managed to take 3 and was reviving while taking the next shot, got killed the moment I stood up though. Are you sure you aren't confusing your realistic run with another one on normal or something? Because my first go through on normal this part was a breeze.

fuuuuuuuuuckkk you got me nervous! lol. Is it possible to bring a friend in late in the game to help you out?
I have that perk on that gives you the second chance.
I don't know why I dread it, I guess Radec from KZ2 scarred me.

No, you can't unfortunately I was thinking the same thing but there is no option, you're stuck solo unless you want to restart the whole mission.

SephLuis

Managed to get a few games, but I am running into another problem.

My ping goes from 10-30ms and makes a jump to 400ms, effectively from good connection to no connection and the game makes a rollback. Does anyone know a fix for this ?

I already configured my router to make the PS4 into the DMZ.

Uh, so hey. People who have beaten the campaign (like myself) and thought it was mostly incomprehensible, I was linked to this video that REALLY changes the context of the campaign.

I am going to watch, but I felt the story was incomprehensible and not in a good way.
Many plot points are forgotten, some parts have no development at all and the whole ending and conclusion felt rushed.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah, I'm using the tac-rig, it helps but obviously not enough, lol. None of your abilities help here either, you can't control the raps, camo doesn't work, it's all useless. I'm 100% sure it's more than 7 because there are 6 propellers, and it takes 2 hits each to take one down. Not sure if you have to take all of them down but I managed to take 3 and was reviving while taking the nest shot, got killed the moment I stood up though.

No, you can't unfortunately I was thinking the same thing but there is no option, you're stuck solo unless you want to restart the whole mission.

The whole mission? That doesn't seem so bad, as long as it's not the whole game.

Nvzman

I am going to watch, but I felt the story was incomprehensible and not in a good way.
Many plot points are forgotten, some parts have no development at all and the whole ending and conclusion felt rushed.
Isn't that kind of the point considering
your character was just having a dying dream all along
?

Is there a way to check how many times you've died during a mission?

I'd like to know how many times I've failed trying to defeat this bastard. I know I only died around 5 times throughout the entire mission up until this point, but it's gotta be at least an extra 30 times at this point.

Alrighty that gives me some more hope. Missions can be decently lengthy, but it would be worth it.

Yeah, If I had quit right away and went the co-op route I would have been done a while ago, lol. Just give it some time though, you might have no issues.

Carbonox

I still main Gordon the Gorgon with my Scythe for a long ass time and I'm pretty much always finishing in the top 2 as a result. However, I'm interested in checking out other primaries - any recommendations? Rush isn't my strong suit which is probably why I do so well with the Gorgon but I'm open to anything if it allows me to experience other ways of playing in MP. Any SMGs or Assaults? I've unlocked Sheiva and my buddy's mentioned what a fiend it is.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Is there a way to check how many times you've died during a mission?

I'd like to know how many times I've failed trying to defeat this bastard. I know I only died around 5 times throughout the entire mission up until this point, but it's gotta be at least an extra 30 times at this point.

Yeah, If I had quit right away and went the co-op route I would have been done a while ago, lol. Just give it some time though, you might have no issues.

I'm the exact same way. I just keep pounding my head against the wall until it breaks down, but it does happen eventually lol.

Nonentity

?

Pretty much - the whole point is that
the first mission of the game takes place chronologically after the entire rest of the game, since you're reliving Taylor's memories
. That video I linked did a good job of explaining that. I went from being sort of 'nice try, but eh' to 'okay, I see what they're doing and it's a bit better'. I at least care enough to talk about it.

Auctopus

Just finished the campaign, some thoughts...

- Loved the WW2 parts.
- Loved "Lotus Towers" when it all got Judge Dredd.
The ending was pure wat and the grind outside the building before wasn't fun.
- Fighting robots is fun but the kamikaze ones got on my nerves in the end.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Just finished the campaign, some thoughts...

- Loved the WW2 parts.
- Loved "Lotus Towers" when it all got Judge Dredd.
The ending was pure wat and the grind outside the building before wasn't fun.
- Fighting robots is fun but the kamikaze ones got on my nerves in the end.

The ending is basically
explaining the huge plot twist. Rather, Treyarch kind of presenting it to you and seeing if you have been following along the entire time.

This game could really use a Dialo 3-esque Adventure Mode.

Just make it the campaign, with all the cut-scenes removed, and pure action throughout.

Going further they could similarly offer bounty objectives for scoring, and randomized enemies - or at least randomized factions to add some surprises or challenge.

The game is filled with some neat battle arenas, both large and small, but the fact that they are so joined at the hip to the story and cut-scenes (including the initial unskippable ones) makes the campaign something very unwelcoming to repeat playthroughs.

I hate this about COD games sometimes. I know there's stuff that's hard to translate, but it usually just straight up lies lol.

Also is there any detriment to using the target locator sight besides just not liking it? Seems like there's no reason not to run it.
A clean sight picture. The targeting sight only lights up the frame of the window. Its distracting, IMO.

Irons or Elo 100% - keep that view clean.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Prestige 3 and golden Locus today, and my last game of the night was a 19 - 0. If they can fix the inconsistent hit reg this game will go down as one of the best in the series.

I thought the Mothership was really easy on realistic, just go really fast(don't miss, lol) and stick to cover of the main building(and watch the doors so you can run when he sends missiles in) You can do it in like two minutes and finish before the building is destroyed.

Died a few times because the game bugged at first and sent out streams of the propeller things while he was attacking, lol.

Good luck at the first section of the last level though.

SephLuis

Pretty much - the whole point is that
the first mission of the game takes place chronologically after the entire rest of the game, since you're reliving Taylor's memories
. That video I linked did a good job of explaining that. I went from being sort of 'nice try, but eh' to 'okay, I see what they're doing and it's a bit better'. I at least care enough to talk about it.

After watching the video, things made a lot more sense, but my overall impression of the campaign still remains. I liked the gameplay, but didn't liked the story.

While the dream before death is interesting, I have my issues about how it was executed.

The little pieces of the puzzle are there, but they are so small and unconnected (one in the beginning of the game, another in the end) that it makes very difficult for the player to piece everything together.

The games that do this best at least give an incentive or a trail for the player to complete the puzzle and see the whole thing. No idea how they could do this into a shooter (and no, I don't think Bioshock Infinite did it right either), so this takes a lot of digging outside of the game to understand it's story (even slowing down Taylor's report).

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Jumping quickscopes are possible with a controller now because you can remap buttons to have jump on L1 or R1. It's something I recommend you to do if you haven't done it already because aiming while jumping changes the game with these movement mechanics.

But it's true that you can easily see a XIM user from killcams, as the XIM is capable of doing right stick inputs that are physically impossible to replicate on a real controller. I would consider it cheating.

A SCUF is just an alternative controller and officially licensed by Sony and Microsoft, so they can't be considered cheating.

Yeah, those squad of quickscopers really dampened my enthusiasm. I mean, now I have to contend with lag, unbalanced matchmaking, and then guessing if X person is better than me /has better pings/or using a XIM.

I think you can guess these people from the kill cam, but it sucks. Want to play an FPS with KB/M? Go play on PC! Seriously, I assume these people cackle while they play with their advantage. :(

I've been getting spotty connections almost every time. I thought it was my net, but nope. Four bars go down to three and then four again. It's better if it stayed to just three or four bars throughout, as fluctuating will mean you experience a jut or a second of lag. I feel it when I shoot someone and I see hitmarkers 4-5 times and they don't die. Sometimes, all it takes is three hits and they die. Just erratic.

Damnit..one of the Dark Ops challenges is to perform a Fresh Start...fuck, lol.

As much as I would love to collect every calling card, I can't do a fresh start now, haha. Ugh, that's gonna kill me later.

Took a break, ate some food and came back to it and finally beat it.

Now on to the random out of nowhere spawns of the final level as a reward :)

Feltrol

Banned

I still don't understand. If the first mission is the last one chronologically, then why is Hendricks still a human?

I still don't understand. If the first mission is the last one chronologically, then why is Hendricks still a human?

Major spoiler.

No,
you die shortly after the first mission when you're limbs are torn off. The next bit is part of your rehabilitation while you're in a coma when Taylor intercepts his DNI into yours to try to save your life, after that you relive his memories. The closer you come to death while in a coma, the more messed up the dreams become especially since dreams can seem so real while being able to completely bend reality. Also the reason why you call yourself Taylor at the end of the game because as you die, you dream his memories since he intercepted his DNI with yours.

Calabi

?

Even
Jacobs ladder
explained itself in the end. This is just a series of events that have no purpose and make no sense. There's very little hints or clues going along to hint at anything clever other than a badly told, hacked together story.

The slow level rate on weapons is completely destroying any chance of me ever using assault rifles, I don't like using them without having some of those later attachments.

Lulubop

I'll ask just once more, but anyone on PC wanna get some games in? I think I might have to stop playing as much as I like the game.

I'm no pub star, and it's just very deterring joining games that are a complete wash. I probably get the next CoD on console.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yeah, great gun. Though sometimes I get two hits and yet they don't go down, so you'd think 12 bullets would be enough but I guess not all of them hit them!

Only trouble is being 6 bullet burst it eats through those bullets!

It really is. With stabilizing attachments its ridiculous. The clip is on the moderate size I suppose but its not that bad. You just have to be careful when you reload.

I'll ask just once more, but anyone on PC wanna get some games in? I think I might have to stop playing as much as I like the game.

I'm no pub star, and it's just very deterring joining games that are a complete wash. I probably get the next CoD on console.

I won't be playing today but I'd definitely be up for grouping up in the future, I'm starting to consistently run into some real bad teammates.

Top Bottom