• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

somone on here got mad at me cause i got alot of kills and not alot of caps in AW, they dont realize thats from preventing opponents from taking points

I think an issue might be that some of those complaining about this get demoralized when they see their own K/Ds throughout the game and the opposing team is racking up kills. It makes absolute sense that kills and deaths are stats for domination. You can't capture or defend points by being diplomatic and trading calling cards with each other.

I can see the issue if a guy finishes 8-0 at the end of a match with no defends or captures, but that rarely ever happens.

Combat Record and Lobby Leaderboards suffered for this.

Durden77

My first unlock token is going on Firebreak he's amazing.

Firebreak is godlike. I'm suprised I don't see him more. I usually get at least 4-6 kills off that flamethrower. On a good day more than that. It's useless long range though, but if you activate it in tight corridors they're fucking done.

I had to use my first unlock token on the Pharo though. I love it too much. Will probably use it on Firebreak if I prestige again.

mackattk

Man, why do I get 10,000 hitmarkers every core game? I have constant full green bar connection, tested around 25 ping, and still takes forever to kill someone. Not to mention, looking around corners and don't see anyone, then get insta-killed with the Killcam showing someone there. Why is the lag-comp so bad?

edit: on XB1

Yesterday seemed really bad for me about that... I looked and could have sworn i didn't see anyone, but the kill cam shows them just standing there. It doesnt make any sense. Happened about ten or fifteen times yesterday.

Durden77

Yes, you only lose your level unlocks.

However, if you are going crazy to 100% complete this game, there is a Dark Ops Challenge that requires you to do a Fresh Start. The Fresh Start option WILL make you lose every single challenge, emblem and calling card except for the ones you got from cryptokey boxes and the reward for actually doing the fresh start. Obviously, you should do that one at Prestige 1 Level 1 to lose the least amount of progress.

What is the reward for doing this? I don't even know where the Dark Ops challenges are. I'm Prestige 1 level 5, and my KD is kind of shit but now much better, so I'm considering doing this.

Yes, you only lose your level unlocks.

However, if you are going crazy to 100% complete this game, there is a Dark Ops Challenge that requires you to do a Fresh Start. The Fresh Start option WILL make you lose every single challenge, emblem and calling card except for the ones you got from cryptokey boxes and the reward for actually doing the fresh start. Obviously, you should do that one at Prestige 1 Level 1 to lose the least amount of progress.

AintNobodyGotTimeForThat.gif

I dont think I've ever 100% completed any COD MP challenge list. The closest I ever came was COD4 and I only had a few left last time I checked.

Jblanks

Agreed. Or at least completely hide K/D. I'll never be convinced it's worth seeing vs the 'negatives" it promotes in objective gametypes. Show captures... defends... maybe total time on flags/capture points or quickest B capture etc.

Or put it so you can neutralize flags, and also if I'm on the flag for 90% and then die and then my teammate comes in for the last 10% of the flag, he gets the points and I don't. Pretty stupid.

You are an absolute detriment if you are kill whoring and not taking the objectives when your team is losing in dom. If you're winning, go nuts, but if you're only controlling one point and you're losing, you need to be on the objectives more than anything.

RefigeKru

Banned
Pretty much, If someone on your team is going 50/10 with 2 caps, great, he's wrecking the other team.

You might have an argument if the guy is going 25/25 with 2 caps, but if they're going 10/25, odds are they're just bad period, not that they aren't 'playing the objective'.

Regardless, bitching about randoms not playing the obj is a waste of breath. Play in a party or don't play obj modes and throw your body on targets solo.

I was doing pretty poorly in Domination as my urge to PTFO runs strong at times, being a Battlefield player. I've been doing better defending objectives and keeping the enemy at bay recently, checking routes my team haven't gone down, patrolling almost. Great thing about this is that I might not get as many kills as I might like, or be as instrumental in capturing but I know that I'm helping the team instead of funnelling into pointless battles. Also great for checking the rear spawns that occasionally happen in Domination.

Victrix

*beard*
You are an absolute detriment if you are kill whoring and not taking the objectives when your team is losing in dom. If you're winning, go nuts, but if you're only controlling one point and you're losing, you need to be on the objectives more than anything.

No you aren't. I've played Dom games solo where I'm the only person on my entire team with a positive k/d. Trying to stand on B when your teammates fold like wet paper is exceptionally difficult. Doing it under smoke with a Sentry and a Cerberus covering me is reasonable. How many randoms you think run smoke?

Throwing bodies on points over and over to recap them is how people on the other team get the ridiculous streak vids you see posted on youtube. I'd rather see a game where my team has <10 caps total and wins than a game where multiple people are at (or over!) double digit caps.

The latter just means the spawns and the points were a fucking mess without any control whatsoever. The dude running between A and C on Exodus constantly capping all match is an active detriment to the team, not a positive. He flips the spawns, whoopie he got a cap!

Particularly in BO3, the spawns are extremely twitchy, they'll flip due to enemy presence in the spawn, without even capping the point. This means randoms running straight across the map can flip the spawns without even touching the enemy point, and then your team gets fucking wrecked by backspawn because they're set up facing the 'wrong' way now.

Sure, once in awhile it's a tough, hotly contested game where B trades hands and you're forced to take A or C to flip spawns intentionally to break a hard lock on B, but those games are the exception, not the norm.

It's not as simple as 'that guy is low caps and high k/d, he must hate playing the obj!'. I'm not throwing my corpse on B if my team can't support a push on B and lock down the area.

It's a similar story in Hardpoint - a guy with low time in HP but who moves promptly to the NEXT spawn point and anchors your teams spawn with a quick cap is a huge benefit to your team. Having four guys standing in the HP is just asking for a multi killfeed, and isn't getting you points any faster.

Neither k/d nor objective scores tell the whole story about anyones performance in obj modes unfortunately. Not even w/l works because it doesn't distinguish between solo players and 6 team stacking pub stompers.

SPM is a decent measure, on a per mode basis, but the global SPM is kind of silly because it doesn't account for the modes you play (though good players usually have higher SPM on average, regardless of mode - on my friends list the better players are usually 100+ higher than the worse ones).

BDP

Neo Member

This. I generally see this a lot on "losing" teams.

BDP

Neo Member
No you aren't. I've played Dom games solo where I'm the only person on my entire team with a positive k/d. Trying to stand on B when your teammates fold like wet paper is exceptionally difficult. Doing it under smoke with a Sentry and a Cerberus covering me is reasonable. How many randoms you think run smoke?

Throwing bodies on points over and over to recap them is how people on the other team get the ridiculous streak vids you see posted on youtube. I'd rather see a game where my team has <10 caps total and wins than a game where multiple people are at (or over!) double digit caps.

The latter just means the spawns and the points were a fucking mess without any control whatsoever. The dude running between A and C on Exodus constantly capping all match is an active detriment to the team, not a positive. He flips the spawns, whoopie he got a cap!

Particularly in BO3, the spawns are extremely twitchy, they'll flip due to enemy presence in the spawn, without even capping the point. This means randoms running straight across the map can flip the spawns without even touching the enemy point, and then your team gets fucking wrecked by backspawn because they're set up facing the 'wrong' way now.

Sure, once in awhile it's a tough, hotly contested game where B trades hands and you're forced to take A or C to flip spawns intentionally to break a hard lock on B, but those games are the exception, not the norm.

It's not as simple as 'that guy is low caps and high k/d, he must hate playing the obj!'. I'm not throwing my corpse on B if my team can't support a push on B and lock down the area.

It's a similar story in Hardpoint - a guy with low time in HP but who moves promptly to the NEXT spawn point and anchors your teams spawn with a quick cap is a huge benefit to your team. Having four guys standing in the HP is just asking for a multi killfeed, and isn't getting you points any faster.

Neither k/d nor objective scores tell the whole story about anyones performance in obj modes unfortunately. Not even w/l works because it doesn't distinguish between solo players and 6 team stacking pub stompers.

SPM is a decent measure, on a per mode basis, but the global SPM is kind of silly because it doesn't account for the modes you play (though good players usually have higher SPM on average, regardless of mode - on my friends list the better players are usually 100+ higher than the worse ones).

Whatever floats your boat. I've been rolling a team of 6 at night on Domination, we win nearly all of our matches. NOBODY on our team will have 2 caps only with a high K/D.

Different styles for everyone I guess.

Jarrod38

I have the worst luck when it comes to crypto keys I always get common from the 10 create and yet I see people on Youtube get rares, epics, and legendary all the time.

Victrix

*beard*
Whatever floats your boat. I've been rolling a team of 6 at night on Domination, we win nearly all of our matches. NOBODY on our team will have 2 caps only with a high K/D.

Of course you win nearly all your matches, you're in a 6 man party o_O If you're not I'd wonder what the hell you're doing.

Complaints about randoms not playing the obj is a very different story when you're running solo.

Berrigal

Neo Member
So I played and beat the campaign in one sitting today, and lo and behold, it was actually pretty good! As someone who put in over 1000 hours into BO2 without ever finishing the campaign because it was such a chore, the fact that I finished let alone enjoyed the campaign was a huge surprise :)

If anyone wants to add me for MP/Zombies my PSN is Ocarina-96

BDP

Neo Member
Of course you win nearly all your matches, you're in a 6 man party o_O If you're not I'd wonder what the hell you're doing.

Complaints about randoms not playing the obj is a very different story when you're running solo.

Running solo sucks, I think that's been established. Largely because of the HUGE discrepancy of expectations in Domination.....everyone plays it differently.

I'll tell you though I'll drop off after a match if I'm playing solo and we just lost a match and guy on my team went 50-10 and had 2 caps. Especially if I was busting my hump being target practice getting caps.

As beard man said, playing in a FULL PARTY where you can actually communicate and know how good each person is, is totally different from playing solo with randoms. Unless if you're among the godly 1% who can drop 70 kills and get 10 captures and 20 defends, it's quite challenging.

Jorgejjvr you're an outlier lol

jorgejjvr

Example:

Domination, running solo

Got the most kills and all my stuff including Mothership, but still managed to get most captures at 9 captures, and most defends at 11

It was a close game still, and the other team wasn't half bad getting raps and all as well. So a very good game, not one sided.

Still, getting streaks, getting kills, but still getting most captures, winning, and doing it solo

https://youtu.be/7-pPzgJ72wU

i cant decide of i wanna spend mine on Reaper or the Vesper 4, levels away from presteige

I was in the same boat. Ended up using it on the Reaper because it's pretty fast to get to level 18 (Vesper) compared to the later levels which go much slower and the Reaper is at 34 I think. Got the Vesper back in no time.

They are so bad compared to Blops 2.

You know what, I agree. Even MW3 had better maps and for the most part I didn't really like them. Still better than Ghosts though.

Makes me sad to be honest, there are no maps that I'm excited to play, whatever gets voted, gets voted. I think the fact that they're going to be remaking old maps is shit as well. Not that I'm going to be buying the DLC, or that I don't think there are some amazing classic maps, but that it kinda shows that they've lost their touch, not sure if it's the same designer(s) but they have fallen off.

jorgejjvr

I was in the same boat. Ended up using it on the Reaper because it's pretty fast to get to level 18 (Vesper) compared to the later levels which go much slower and the Reaper is at 34 I think. Got the Vesper back in no time.

You know what, I agree. Even MW3 had better maps and for the most part I didn't really like them. Still better than Ghosts though.

Makes me sad to be honest, there are no maps that I'm excited to play, whatever gets voted, gets voted. I think the fact that they're going to be remaking old maps is shit as well. Not that I'm going to be buying the DLC, or that I don't think there are some amazing classic maps, but that it kinda shows that they've lost their touch, not sure if it's the same designer(s) but they have fallen off.
Evac, stonghold, combine, hunted, breach, infection, aquarium

All maps to be excited about

The rest are good too, I don't think there's a bad map per say

I only really dislike Redwood

jorgejjvr

The only map I actively avoid. Besides Metro, I'm liking all the maps. Fringe and Breach being my favorites.
Yeah, I try to avoid metro and redwood. Although metro I can stand

Fringe I think is also whatever, so so I guess.

Looking forward to having nuketown in core as well, as well as looking forward for the dlc maps

When do they usually start releasing the first 4?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Metro is so bad, though.

I like Redwood and Metro, only one I dislike playing on so far is Combine.

I've only had one match on Exodus so far, and it was Team Deathmatch so I don't have a good feel for it, it felt a little large but didn't have any long lines of sight, so you would have long stretches running around without seeing an enemy.

Im done with this game. I gave it an honest try. I just don't like it. I wish it was a true successor to Blops 2, it s a step in the right direction, but man these maps, and the gameplay is weird to me.

Im not going to post negative things on here, no one likes that; and I know many of you think the game is great. I feel like its off, this will probably be my last post, and marks the 3rd straight year COD had disappointed me. I think the series has passed me by.

Liquid.

Fuck me I love this weapon combined with the movement in this game

http://i.pomf.pl/sogqcm.webm

http://i.pomf.pl/lxtluq.webm

http://i.pomf.pl/vqjlgo.webm

Not bad.

I like Redwood and Metro, only one I dislike playing on so far is Combine.

I've only had one match on Exodus so far, and it was Team Deathmatch so I don't have a good feel for it, it felt a little large but didn't have any long lines of sight, so you would have long stretches running around without seeing an enemy.

Exodus? Large? Grab your favourite SMG or Shotgun and head in doors. That's where all the fighting happens.

jorgejjvr

Im done with this game. I gave it an honest try. I just don't like it. I wish it was a true successor to Blops 2, it s a step in the right direction, but man these maps, and the gameplay is weird to me.

Im not going to post negative things on here, no one likes that; and I know many of you think the game is great. I feel like its off, this will probably be my last post, and marks the 3rd straight year COD had disappointed me. I think the series has passed me by.

Liquid.
At least you tried, shame :(

The last two years, for me personally, has been extremely disappointed

But this year, oh boy it's so good, bo3 is how things should be.

I understand if it's not for you

Like I said in an earlier post, none of the maps are bad, but none of them are great. They're all just "good".

Evac is probably the best one on your list.
Stronghold is great on one half, the mansion. The other half is terrible.
Combine is nuketown, enemies spawning behind you in your zone less that 15 seconds into the match and constantly thereafter.
Hunted is alright but visually boring as are most of the maps.
Breach is also one of the better maps
Infection, I thought this map would be an instant classic, and it's one of my favorites but it's layout is so plain.
Aquarium is also pretty decent.
Redwood is visually appealing but the layout is mediocre.
Exodus, bleh.
Fringe is not bad, but nothing special.
Havoc, huge map, everyone just runs off into the small little building.
Metro, one of the better looking maps, but the layout is bleh.

I just don't see any of these being looked back on as classics. Sorry to be negative here, but there are all just alright maps, no great maps.

I like the game a lot and have had loads of fun and will continue to have fun. Not trying to shit on the game here, just saying the maps are all just alright, and dammit, no night maps, no late evening, early morning, rain etc. Everything is pretty much mid afternoon with partly cloudy skies, lol.

IndustryX

At least you tried, shame :(

The last two years, for me personally, has been extremely disappointed

But this year, oh boy it's so good, bo3 is how things should be.

I understand if it's not for you

I feel the same way.

Last two games I didn't even make it to level 20 after the previous years I put an ungodly amount of hours into each title.

This year I'm already prestiged and I can't get enough!

fozzy

A lot of the time playing domination my team one less player and the spot is never filled.

That last player could make the difference between a decent competitive hard fought game, and getting slapped from A to C all game.

Very frustrating and such a shame.

Catvoca

Banned
This is the first Call of Duty where I've actually liked the maps in ages. Redwood is the only map that is really terrible, it just has no flow and the central area in objective modes is horrendous. Poor maps was my main gripe with Black ops 2 when it launched, so I've been thrilled with the changes in this. It obviously doesn't touch Blops 1 or MW1/2 for classic, great maps, but the overall list is solid, and there's more maps that I enjoy playing on then not.

Victrix

*beard*
I'm assuming most people know this, but on Metro, the water outside is not fatal, and makes flanking much, much easier. You can go in the water, kill anyone up on the walkway, then get up into the middle and mow down anyone camping the tracks.

Doesn't help with the fairly wide separation from the far inside tracks and the water in terms of travel time, but it's a pretty big deal otherwise.

Neofx

Second prestige token definitely going to the Ripper. Gooddd it's sooo fun and so so good with my run and gun playstyle.

Top Bottom