• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Dranakin

Can anyone recommend a 101 guide on zombies mode? I've never played any of the previous CODs that had a zombies mode and I'm not sure I'm doing it right. I have questions like, why should I open the gate instead of just staying in the first area (well, I answered that one pretty quickly by getting overwhelmed with enemies after a few rounds), and are there objectives I should be doing?

Can anyone recommend a 101 guide on zombies mode? I've never played any of the previous CODs that had a zombies mode and I'm not sure I'm doing it right. I have questions like, why should I open the gate instead of just staying in the first area (well, I answered that one pretty quickly by getting overwhelmed with enemies after a few rounds), and are there objectives I should be doing?

I try to do rituals ASAP so it's easier and I can Pack-a-Punch faster. I also get Juggernog in early rounds too.

1). Open gate immediately, turn into Beast and shock the quick revive, melee the steel door, melee the box in the back of the pickup, go through gate and shock the construction crane, turn around and hook onto the stairs above then follow the path and shock the stairs. Grab the Pen by the construction crane and the summoning key in the back of the pickup. Proceed up the new stairwell and activate the ritual in the room. You don't need to kill the red men, just survived for a while.

2). I like to find where the Random Weapon Box is and go there first and do the rituals for them. You can find youtube guides for each section's rituals (I used MrDalekJD).

After the weapon box, I do the area with the best perk available. You will find broken, colored bottles outside each area's gate: red is juggernog health boost, green is speed cola reload speed bonus, yellow is double tap rapid fire.

The Rocket Shield is also a great tool/weapon in addition to the Civil Protector as Valar said. You need 3 pieces which can be found in each district (usually in upper staircase areas). There are workshops you can use to build it once you have all parts in each area.

Once I'm done with all 4 rituals, I "train" in the Pack-a-Punch room. I've survived solo to level 25.

3 foot shots then knife for max $$$$. Always save 1 or 2 zombies so you can do what you need to. Round 2 is 4, round 3 is 5, etc.

Edit: Segment next has some good guides on what things do and general info.

I try to do rituals ASAP so it's easier and I can Pack-a-Punch faster. I also get Juggernog in early rounds too.

1). Open gate immediately, turn into Beast and shock the quick revive, melee the steel door, melee the box in the back of the pickup, go through gate and shock the construction crane, turn around and hook onto the stairs above then follow the path and shock the stairs. Grab the Pen by the construction crane and the summoning key in the back of the pickup. Proceed up the new stairwell and activate the ritual in the room. You don't need to kill the red men, just survived for a while.

2). I like to find where the Random Weapon Box is and go there first and do the rituals for them. You can find youtube guides for each section's rituals (I used MrDalekJD).

After the weapon box, I do the area with the best perk available. You will find broken, colored bottles outside each area's gate: red is juggernog health boost, green is speed cola reload speed bonus, yellow is double tap rapid fire.

Once I'm done with all 4 rituals, I "train" in the Pack-a-Punch room. I've survived solo to level 25.

3 foot shots then knife for max $$$$. Always save 1 or 2 zombies so you can do what you need to. Round 2 is 4, round 3 is 5, etc.

To add to this. If you're playing solo another good thing to do is to pick up the 3 fuses (best to look up their location online) and put them in the fuse box in the portal area, I don't know what it's called but I call it the Chamber of Secrets, lol. This will turn on the Civil Protector boxes you've probably seen on walls scattered around the map. It costs 2000 to call in a Civil Protector and while you don't get any points for the kills it gets, it can really help you out. Lasts about 2 rounds, one shot kills and revives you if you go down.

Sorral

does long barrel (On argus) reduce damage at all?

Last time I tested it, adding LB increased the range at which a hit can land, which will do a high amount of damage, but not 1HK; however, the 1HK range got reduced to less than without LB.

So if you want to shoot twice at long ranges, use LB.

I haven't tested it again after they did several small patches here and there now. You can test it easily in splitscreen local MP.

drotahorror

Super lame that supply drops can give something that you already have. I just got the Argus Hallucination camo for the 2nd time.

If someone wanted to get everything in game I'd say it might be statistically impossible. Of course you'd be insane as well. Being that you can get repeats and there's so many items....

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Super lame that supply drops can give something that you already have. I just got the Argus Hallucination camo for the 2nd time.

If someone wanted to get everything in game I'd say it might be statistically impossible. Of course you'd be insane as well. Being that you can get repeats and there's so many items....

Seriously? That's messed up.

I recall someone saying that Treyarch is going to update the system with the ability to sell duplicates or something so I'd refrain on using them

Sorral

I recall someone saying that Treyarch is going to update the system with the ability to sell duplicates or something so I'd refrain on using them

They are? That's good. I used up so many already although at least I got some OK-good stuff so far like some emotes for Battery, and Firebreak as well as legendary? body for Seraph and head for Outrider.

Seijuro

Is the campaign matchmaking borked for anyone else?
Seems the only way it searches for other players if I choose to play "any mission". If I select "current mission" or "specific mission" it does nothing, except that now, on the picture with the mission title in the corner down in the left, it says mission location (for example: Singapure) and Team Deathmatch (wtf?). I also can't exit the campaign screen anymore, except if I resume my game (which puts me in my current mission alone) or try matchmaking for "any mission".

Edit: it also doesnt search for players in the upper right corner.

Louis010

Banned
I have the worst luck when it comes to crypto keys I always get common from the 10 create and yet I see people on Youtube get rares, epics, and legendary all the time.

I feel exactly the same as this, I'm actually going to switch to the rare crates because I have never had anything but a common in maybe the 10+ crates I have opened

Dranakin

Uhhhhh...I was in the middle of the third campaign mission and I suddenly got kicked to the main menu. However, all my progress is lost and it says I'm not connected online. Please don't tell me that my campaign save is somehow cloud-based.

The Rocket Shield is also a great tool/weapon in addition to the Civil Protector as Valar said. You need 3 pieces which can be found in each district (usually in upper staircase areas). There are workshops you can use to build it once you have all parts in each area.

Much thanks.

Randam

Definitely runs better for me after the patch over the weekend. Solid 60fps on my GTX 970 and 8GB RAM.
When did the patch drop?
Got massive drops on the bigger maps, especially infection and redwood yesterday.

And I always have sound problems on infection.

LordRaiden

Neo Member
Double XP this weekend.

oh_yeah_obama.gif

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Probably just location and ping issues, if I get in a match and think I'm on the wrong end of it, I just quit and find a new lobby.

I figure half my kills probably came from when I had the ping advabtage...it goes both ways

Same. I kinda am wondering sometimes if I get a lot of kills due to my skills or net helped me. I normally quit matches when I'm stuck at 1-2 bars. But even when I get 3-4 bars, it's weird. They fluctuate and I tested my net, it's not me. I even check the scoreboard to see others fluctuating too.

Exact same thing on PC and we have dedicated servers, the lag comp or whatever is fucked. One match I go straight terminator with perfect hit reg, the next I'm firing spit balls.

Ugh. Same. I sometimes go 20-5, and then go 11-20 the next with the exact same loadout. I feel it so much with the Sheiva, since I get 3-4 hit markers and the enemy doesn't die. But if I get on the good side, I drop them in two shots every damn time.

Just, I dunno. Was Modern Warfare's handling of lag and pings better? At least when I had 1-2 bars in that game, it stayed that way and I can quit? I don't remember it being this shitty. Heck, even Black Ops 2. I seem to remember having a better experience with lag and such in that game.

Sorral

Oh finally, a double XP weekend. Wonder if they will put nuketown by itself again.
Just, I dunno. Was Modern Warfare's handling of lag and pings better? At least when I had 1-2 bars in that game, it stayed that way and I can quit? I don't remember it being this shitty. Heck, even Black Ops 2. I seem to remember having a better experience with lag and such in that game.

It was soooo much better in MW1 and MW2. I didn't get anywhere near as many fake hit markers as in BO2 and in BO3. I don't think my memory is failing me.

It might be because the experience is so fresh, but it is a lot worse in this than any other CoD for me even AW, which a lot of people hate around here, wasn't as bad. It happened there, but it just didn't seem as bad.

It was soooo much better in MW1 and MW2. I didn't get anywhere near as many fake hit markers as in BO2 and in BO3. I don't think my memory is failing me.

It might be because the experience is so fresh, but it is a lot worse in this than any other CoD for me even AW, which a lot of people hate around here, wasn't as bad. It happened there, but it just didn't seem as bad.

It was better with CoDs before BO1. You're not imagining anything. I use to have an below average internet in MW2 and two bars never had me so behind. The game still felt responsive and I wasn't at any significant disadvantage, but it did matter more in a competitive setting. In BO3, I am at a bigger disadvantage against full four bar people if I am at three bars (even when my ping is floating somewhere between the 3-4 bar threshold), which is any game based on the east side of NA or Europe.

I need some decent teammates..

Lol, I usually see you on, but I never bother to join session or message you because I assume you're already full.

I'll just pester you if you are online and I am fed up with the meat shields I get, which is 90% of the time.

I'm running the traditional tactical setup and don't have much problem aiming whilst in the air. I'll probably try bumper jumper tactical to see the difference, but I already abuse the hovering too much already.

Sorral

I'd take bonus keys over xp

Don't you get more keys the more exp you get? Or was it getting more challenges done?

It was better with CoDs before BO1. You're not imagining anything. I use to have an below average internet in MW2 and two bars never had me so behind. The game still felt responsive and I wasn't at any significant disadvantage, but it did matter more in a competitive setting. In BO3, I am at a bigger disadvantage against full four bar people if I am at three bars (even when my ping is floating somewhere between the 3-4 bar threshold), which is any game based on the east side of NA or Europe.

Well, at least I'm not imagining it. :/ The 3 vs 4 bars was something I experienced yesterday myself when I watched the kill cam and more than once it would show that I got less shots off than they did leaving them barely alive even though I got the drop on them.

I was thinking of making a couple of ridiculous gifs from using the gravity spikes: Half way through the animation on my screen, but on the killcam? Nothing. Not even sound, and it still took the energy off.

Ensoul

I am supposed upgrading my intent speed from 75/75 to 150/150. No idea if they will help me thought. The hit detection is messed up. Some games I lose every one on one battle, some games I win more than I lose.

LordRaiden

Neo Member
What sensitivity are you guys using?

I'm on 6.... Anything higher seems too fast for me and anything lower and it's too slow...

Maybe I'll put rubber risers on my sticks to give it some more precise feeling...

Don't you get more keys the more exp you get? Or was it getting more challenges done?

Well, at least I'm not imagining it. :/ The 3 vs 4 bars was something I experienced yesterday myself when I watched the kill cam and more than once it would show that I got less shots off than they did leaving them barely alive even though I got the drop on them.

I was thinking of making a couple of ridiculous gifs from using the gravity spikes: Half way through the animation on my screen, but on the killcam? Nothing. Not even sound, and it still took the energy off.

Yea, it sucks because it makes matches with friends almost unplayable if they are in Europe and I use to get away with that in other games and older CoDs, but even playing slower doesn't save you from more deaths because of how far behind you are. It really sucks to have a higher ping.

I'm waiting on OvenBakedMuffin's lag review on the retail version of BO3, but I won't be surprised if he brings up this issue and show bad the delays are and he most likely will. He has brought this up in BO2 and measured it as one of the game's failures, I think. He went as far as to set up a simulator to gauge lag and delays to tell people how simple it is for Treyarch to fix too.

Wakka212

Haven't purchased a COD game since Modern Warfare 1 and wasn't even considering this as a purchase this year.

But all of the positive impressions about the campaign and zombie modes have me seriously considering this! I've spent so much on games this year already.

Sorral

Yea, it sucks because it makes matches with friends almost unplayable if they are in Europe and I use to get away with that in other games and older CoDs, but even playing slower doesn't save you from more deaths because of how far behind you are. It really sucks to have a higher ping.

I'm waiting on OvenBakedMuffin's lag review on the retail version of BO3, but I won't be surprised if he brings up this issue and show bad the delays are and he most likely will. He has brought this up in BO2 and measured it as one of the game's failures, I think. He went as far as to set up a simulator to gauge lag and delays to tell people how simple it is for Treyarch to fix too.

It seems that any P2P match is way too inconsistent for me. Server-based matches with long distance players seem a lot better for me than most P2P ones even with only 2 bars... It's so weird.
Also, I didn't know that guy did such testings. Thanks for the heads up. Good god at that noobs video and the BO3 Beta LagComp video too. lol

jorgejjvr

Lol, I usually see you on, but I never bother to join session or message you because I assume you're already full.

I'll just pester you if you are online and I am fed up with the meat shields I get, which is 90% of the time.

I'm running the traditional tactical setup and don't have much problem aiming whilst in the air. I'll probably try bumper jumper tactical to see the difference, but I already abuse the hovering too much already.
Invites do not bother me, I would rather you invite me, it's always better to play with people that know what they are doing.

As soon as I'm done with the current match I'll message back, invite you or join you

You shouldn't be allowed to party with people out of region you are just ruining people's games. I wish they would implement a strict region lock. I'm constantly seeing Europeans in my lobbies if I play in the early afternoon.

Yesterday I'm matched against a group from Spain all on 2-3 bar I have around 30 ms ping. I'm putting 4 bursts into these guys and they melt me right away. I would say you are actually at an advantage with higher ping.

At no time should I be matched with people in Europe I live in Ohio. If you want to play coop with people over seas great but it should not be allowed in competitive multiplayer.

It seems that any P2P match is way too inconsistent for me. Server-based matches with long distance players seem a lot better for me than most P2P ones even with only 2 bars... It's so weird.
Also, I didn't know that guy did such testings. Thanks for the heads up. Good god at that noobs video and the BO3 Beta LagComp video too. lol

My friend in London said the same thing. He would rage because every French player he played against would destroy him and he wouldn't have a chance, but if he played with east coast NA, he would be just fine. Thought it was just him, but I think this has more weight now.

Invites do not bother me, I would rather you invite me, it's always better to play with people that know what they are doing.

As soon as I'm done with the current match I'll message back, invite you or join you

I'm about to hop on. Don't expect a mic, though, but I'll be able to listen to you. I have a roomie asleep who is going to work in a few hours.

You shouldn't be allowed to party with people out of region you are just ruining people's games. I wish they would implement a strict region lock. I'm constantly seeing Europeans in my lobbies if I play in the early afternoon.

Yesterday I'm matched against a group from Spain all on 2-3 bar I have around 30 ms ping. I'm putting 4 bursts into these guys and they melt me right away. I would say you are actually at an advantage with higher ping.

At no time should I be matched with people in Europe I live in Ohio. If you want to play coop with people over seas great but it should not be allowed in competitive multiplayer.

If Treyarch did the servers correctly, I should be the one punished for being the "outsider." That's how it used to work in older CoDs, but it is not the case here. I always see it as either the higher ping player suffers more than he needs to (on a three bar) or both players, high and low ping, suffer.

And I rarely play with people outside of my region in this game and I am aware of ruining games (which I have not done in any foreign lobby I've been in), so no need for the lecture.

Also, region locking isn't the way to go. They should just make it so it works how it did in CoDs before BO1. You will be the only one suffering if you are lagging, not the lobby.

jorgejjvr

My friend in London said the same thing. He would rage because every French player he played against would destroy him and he wouldn't have a chance, but if he played with east coast NA, he would be just fine. Thought it was just him, but I think this has more weight now.

I'm about to hop on. Don't expect a mic, though, but I'll be able to listen to you. I have a roomie asleep who is going to work in a few hours.
Unfortunately because of work I'm usually later at night

BDP

Neo Member
My ping on the Xbox One has been pretty consistent in the 80-100ms range. I've just succumbed to the fact, it is what it is, occasionally I'll get in a match where it is in the 50's but the majority push 80+.

I've got to be literally on point the entire match or it's a struggle. If there are situations where I'm coming up on someone, I'm pretty much dead, I've already been seen. If I'm sited and creeping along I stand a chance....run and gun just isn't an option for me. I've had to really scale back my style of play because of it. I've become more deliberate and much slower in my gameplay.

Kind of sucks because I like to move around A LOT!

Louis010

Banned
What sensitivity are you guys using?

I'm on 6.... Anything higher seems too fast for me and anything lower and it's too slow...

Maybe I'll put rubber risers on my sticks to give it some more precise feeling...

I've been nudging it up since I first started playing, I'm up to 13 now and it's starting to feel too slow so I'm going to push it up to 14 maybe tonight or tomorrow

Hit prestige 3 last night.

Unlocked the M8A7 with my permanent token...only cause it's the last gun I need for diamond AR's. Good thing the gun is also good, lol

I think next prestige I'll unlock scavenger. Don't really care to unlock ghost, tbh. I like when the enemy knows where I am. Saves me the trouble of looking for them :p

I would love to save 30 keys for the rare chest but I'm impatient. Haven't had terrible luck with the common drops...so far.

I need to unlock long barrel for the argus. Should be a beast in hardcore.

Double xp this weekend? I'll be there.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I bought a copy for $49 on ebay yesterday. Pretty pumped to have it for this weekend and the coming long Thanksgiving weekend. I haven't really played a CoD game since MW2, so it will be a nice change of pace from the kind of stuff I have been playing lately.

jorgejjvr

Hit prestige 3 last night.

Unlocked the M8A7 with my permanent token...only cause it's the last gun I need for diamond AR's. Good thing the gun is also good, lol

I think next prestige I'll unlock scavenger. Don't really care to unlock ghost, tbh. I like when the enemy knows where I am. Saves me the trouble of looking for them :p

I would love to save 30 keys for the rare chest but I'm impatient. Haven't had terrible luck with the common drops...so far.

I need to unlock long barrel for the argus. Should be a beast in hardcore.

Double xp this weekend? I'll be there.
I unlocked ghosts, as this tends to happen to often -

Enemy has no idea where you are

You turn a corner

There's someone with his sights ready for you

You watch the kill cam, it's very obvious he positioned himself perfectly and waited since he saw you coming

With ghosts I have peace of mind, and I know where the enemies come from anywhere and catch them off guard. They also rush towards all the red dots with UAV, I separate myself from my team and they don't see anything in that corner

From there I can get them from the back, shoot, disappear, or simply position myself in a good advantage over the enemy

datamage

Guys how's the community on PC? I played a lot of COD on the 360 and it seems like GAF is enjoying blops 3 but I don't have a newgen console.

So far it seems all right. I always get into a game immediately, so there's definitely people playing. (Whether it remains like this is another story..)

If Treyarch did the servers correctly, I should be the one punished for being the "outsider." That's how it used to work in older CoDs, but it is not the case here. I always see it as either the higher ping player suffers more than he needs to (on a three bar) or both players, high and low ping, suffer.

And I rarely play with people outside of my region in this game and I am aware of ruining games (which I have not done in any foreign lobby I've been in), so no need for the lecture.

Also, region locking isn't the way to go. They should just make it so it works how it did in CoDs before BO1. You will be the only one suffering if you are lagging, not the lobby.

No lecture I just find it super frustrating getting matched against people in Europe it shouldn't happen. I want a Ping limiter or region lock. The way this game handles latency it's a mess and I agree it didn't happen as bad pre black ops 1. I mean why even matchmake at all if I'm constantly seeing people from all over the world in my lobbies.

I'm ordering a netduma due to all the out of region matchmaking im seeing its terrible. Honestly if people have more than 100ms ping it should just kick them from the lobby. I would never willingly stay in a lobby with High Ping it makes zero sense. Maybe this affects me more due to my low ping it's usually between 15-35ms but I get screwed hard by High ping players it breaks the game.

tigerin

I unlocked ghosts, as this tends to happen to often -

Enemy has no idea where you are

You turn a corner

There's someone with his sights ready for you

You watch the kill cam, it's very obvious he positioned himself perfectly and waited since he saw you coming

With ghosts I have peace of mind, and I know where the enemies come from anywhere and catch them off guard. They also rush towards all the red dots with UAV, I separate myself from my team and they don't see anything in that corner

From there I can get them from the back, shoot, disappear, or simply position myself in a good advantage over the enemy

Do you also put on suppressor too?

Hazaku

Doing Spectre challenges as I heard him, Ruin and Outrider are all linked for their classified hero costumes.

Good lord his Ripper ability is balls at times. And I can't believe I've grinded over 800 kills with him today ...

jorgejjvr

Do you also put on suppressor too?
At first, yes, and I did arguably really good still. However, it's very noticeable how in this game suppressor is really nerfed, my pharo can kill in one burst, but not with suppressor.

So I now play without and I have realized I do not needed, getting my wraight, raps and mothership regardless. I like to play mind games, shoot here, then position yourself somewhere else he thinks I'm there then I go around, he doesn't notice with his UAV etc. I can also aim down sight with my pharo and stock, and while walking and ADS I do not appear on radar.

I use all these things to my advantage, and I do much better without suppressor, I do not think it's needed if you have good map control

Top Bottom