• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

deoee

So i spontaneously bought this from cdkeys.com got my key just a few hours before the release and it was "already in use".... Contacted support, they will not give me a new one or my money to prevent that I am scumming them, offered me a discount / credit for my next purchase. FML :v(

Have to keep graphics settings at ~medium to get stable 60fps on a GTX970 lmao

Also 0% players on ground wars :( Put it in the core menu goddamn it, maybe it'll get some players then

Yeah I don't understand why Ground War isn't a core mode in this.

Mikeside

So i spontaneously bought this from cdkeys.com got my key just a few hours before the release and it was "already in use".... Contacted support, they will not give me a new one or my money to prevent that I am scumming them, offered me a discount / credit for my next purchase. FML :v(

did you pay with Paypal? I always do if I'm dealing with less known internet sellers & have the option, because you can do a claim with them.

Anyone having issues with Zombies? 99% of the games i try to join look like this
qaFoBXg.jpg

And then I get disconnected

Yea zombies is completely broken for me online, which is weird cus multi is perfect.

drotahorror

Ever since CoD went futuristic with jetpacks and shit I just can't compete. Even in ghosts I had a 2.0 kd and I hated that game. With these past 2 CoD's I have around 1.25 or so. Just not fun to me to get shit on. My friends and family all feel the same and the same shit is happening to us all.

deoee

did you pay with Paypal? I always do if I'm dealing with less known internet sellers & have the option, because you can do a claim with them.

Of course not. I had no money on the account so I used a different one this time :-/

Sucks hard....

thenexus6

The last Call of Duty game I bought was MW3, even then I played through the campaign and a little MP but didn't like it, sold it shortly after. So really the last game I properly played was Black Ops 1, which I didn't think much of either. So really MW2 was the last one I played and liked alot.

BO3 is looking cool but with Fallout and Battlefront I got my hands full. Plus while MP shooters are my favourite I feel i've fallen out the Call of Duty circle so it'll just be frustrating to play online.

Kept getting dc'ed while trying to make a paintjob so said fuck it. MP is solid especially in ground war. Couldn't get anyone in zombies matchmaking with me and my brother so we just decided to two man it and check out the map. Map looks great and is huge. Free Run is great but really wish they shipped with more levels. Hopefully they add 1 zombie map, 1 free run map on top of whatever normal mp maps they add in each map pack it would be great. This might be my mp game for a long time feels really good.

Holy shit what is this? Some kind of Mirrors Edge Time Trial?
any videos?

Its a free running time trial mode very similar to Mirrors Edge. Only four maps though but they feel solid and they all have leaderboards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzTkHcj3atY

aravuus

Yeah I don't understand why Ground War isn't a core mode in this.

Really really really hope it gets moved to core, it's pretty much the only playlist I play whenever it has players

Also why am I forced to look at the top three players for half a minute after every match, again? I'd rather spend that time tinkering with my classes, thanks

That inception WW2 map is amazing.

Does anyone know how to download emblems and paint jobs? I thought we could share and download and all that, only options I see are to like/dislike/report.

deoee

I'd keep harassing them about it, it's not acceptable, they may eventually cave. Did you just pay by regular debit card?

Na I used something where I pay with my EC card (I'm from Europe).

Will try again soon, maybe I will get another service guy :D
Don't know what else to do, I just want to play the damn MP ;_;

JHandlebars

Neo Member
This game makes great subtle use of the dualshock's speaker. The post-match rank up SFX, the level up SFX and several various SFX in the story.

Aliand

Banned
Multiplayer is soooooooo fuckin good. Super happy with my purchase. Coming from Ghosts this is light years above.

1000% agreed, Ghost was not bad but just so so, still played it though, while AW was pure garbage IMO, and touched it for an hour, for real.

This is pure fun.

OrochiJR

I'm a little confused on how the Nuketown map works since not all players have access to it. Will I only be matched with players that have it and is it in rotation automatically?

Otherwise MP is very fun so far, as already evidenced by the beta. I'm still getting killed stupidly fast all the time though -_-

Realyn

I'm sure that a bunch of people said this already, but holy balls at not allowing me to name a class "Shotgun". The profanity is strong here.

Also dissapointed that those shotguns are still so damn strong. Did they even get looked at after beta?

edit: The snow WW map is amazing. I would kill for a new WW CoD.

for the gaffers already playing, are graphics impressive? Do you think this looks better than AW? Thanks,

On PS4, I'd say they're about equal in terms of visuals. Can't really say one has better graphics than the other, but I prefer the Treyarch "aesthetic" if you will.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'm sure that a bunch of people said this already, but holy balls at not allowing me to name a class "Shotgun". The profanity is strong here.

Also dissapointed that those shotguns are still so damn strong. Did they even get looked at after beta?

They won't let you use smg either lol

BokehKing

Banned
Ever since CoD went futuristic with jetpacks and shit I just can't compete. Even in ghosts I had a 2.0 kd and I hated that game. With these past 2 CoD's I have around 1.25 or so. Just not fun to me to get shit on. My friends and family all feel the same and the same shit is happening to us all.
Wow I wish I can hit 1.25 I'm forever .85 the first few months until I'm finally 1.0

soundslike you just need to strive to be better

Nodnol

Ah man.

It's nice to see the positive feedback, Trayarch COD is bet COD. AW just made me feel past it when it comes to the multiplayer; don't know if that was a one off.

Part of me wants to impulse buy, but the other half of me knows I have Fallout 4, Battlefront AND Tomb Raider preordered.

Must. Resist.

DJKhaled

Nuketown doesn't show up when I try to select what map to play on. makes me sad im excited to play it and its downloaded so i dont get it

itsc4z

Neo Member
This is one of the best cods to date imo. I can actually be competitive again.

for the gaffers already playing, are graphics impressive? Do you think this looks better than AW? Thanks,

On Xbox One, not really. It is slightly blurry, I don't think it is 1080p and on some maps there is pop in (this might be my external hdd though, anyone else confirm this?)

Anyone think the melee feels shit in this game?

Very, but welcomed. I'm glad it takes 2 knife attacks to kill someone from the front now (unless they are injured).

Same here. But haven't tried this one yet except for the beta.

Waiting for the postman to deliver is killing me , in the meantime I've just bought a Nuketown code from eBay for £19 , Hurry up Royal Mail!!!

aravuus

The PC version is pretty embarrassing. No way to get rid of screen tearing in full screen without losing responsiveness, have to play it in borderless window. Also the game has now dropped twice to a stupid low framerate (17 the first time, 28 just now) and LOCKED it there. Had to reboot the game to get it back to 60.

How the fuck is this running this much worse than the beta.

Top Bottom