• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

I got stuck in a kill cam, couldn't respawn no matter how hard I smashed the F key lol. Also found quite a few other bugs but I'm otherwise really enjoying it. It's 4am, been years since I gamed this late.

Yeah, I kinda lost interest in playing it alltogether.. OR I should try the other HC modes.

For me it's HC or bust.

HC KC and DOM have always been very popular, why leave them out?!?

Can someone check which HC modes are available right now? Can't find it online.

TDM
FFA
S&D
CTF

eizarus

Banned
Haven't played CoD since MW2, currently addicted to Destiny (previously Battlefield 4). Enjoy FPS's a lot.

Would you guys recommend this to me GAF?

aravuus

You don't get points for holding the point in hardpoint?

Come on Treyarch, this is CoD. Nobody's gonna hold the point now.

Hip Hop

This feels like the first CoD in years where smg's clearly aren't the best weapons to use. Frankly, I'm doing better with ar's and lmg's, which is great because I've burnt out on using smg's.

I feel the opposite about this.You do gotta play it right though when considering the range, but the maps are geared towards closed quarters alot. So this isn't a big deal.

This game for me is all about mobility and this where the SMG shines. The AR's got a big nerf when the Stock speed got slashed in half compared to Black Ops 2, so I can't see myself using them a lot anymore. Running and ADS is key. All my top three weapons have been SMGs
AC08ED234CE874E7F8512A6DC03892223F205516

sephi22

Ok I don't particularly mind 30FPS cutscenes if they are you know "cutscenes" i.e. there is a black screen transition and we see things from third person perspective.

I don't see why you would make the first person scenes where I am opening a door or using a computer into a 30FPS scene when I see no visual change at all. These scenes last anywhere from 2 seconds to 20 seconds and it makes no sense to me why anyone would do this at all. Another thing I'd have hoped is if they had given the main character a name atleast but that's not much of an issue really.

The game so far seems to look worse than Advanced Warfare on the surface of it (atleast the campaign) but it also feels a lot more visually complex and busier.

I'm no expert, so take this with a grain of salt, but I did play the campaign co-op locally with a friend a couple of hours ago, and each cutscene played separately on each of our split screens. This is a shot in the dark but I think they might have rendered cutscenes at 30 fps for co-op but didn't render a separate 60 fps version for single player.

OBias

I never played Call of Duty much before. How's the single player campaign? Is it really just scripted shooting galleries all around, or there are sandbox-ish encounters a-la Halo or Half-Life?

Victrix

*beard*
Name Custom Class?

'SMG'

Text prohibited due to profanity

'SHOTTY'

'SNIPES'

Did not preorder.
How do I get nuketown besides buying physical? In EU it seems to be included up untill 30/11, but only in the deluxe edition? Is it the same case in the US, I'd prefer to pay 52 euro instead of 70!

Pics_nao

Getting absolutely destroyed and went negative in every single game but one. Not sure if I'm lagging behind or too tired to see

I honestly don't know why new iterations in established franchises keep removing shit this generation. Why is there no lobby combat record like in the original black ops games? I think BO1 had the best one.

Klyka

Banned
Managed to find what made my mouse so sluggish and heavy.

I normally use the NVidia Vsync for games but for this one it produces lots of mouse lag. So I turned off the Nvidia Vsync for BLOPS3 and instead use the ingame one and it's perfectly smooth and snappy now.

I honestly don't know why new iterations in established franchises keep removing shit this generation. Why is there no lobby combat record like in the original black ops games? I think BO1 had the best one.

The lobby leaderboards in blops 1 where amazing. Gutted if all that stuff has been removed

Hip Hop

Yeah, that's one of my gripes as well. I would like to see who I am playing against and compare records.

There's things here and there missing.

Where is the online player count or being able to search for games based on your desired ping?

Micerider

I'm more of a solo player but I enjoy jumping into a quick multi-game if it's easy to follow while playing limited time. Weighing this against Halo 5: is it worth the investment? Last CoD I played was MW2...which was not to my taste. But I liked MW1 a lot.

On the other end, I liked all Halo games but very "mildly" for most (with only CE and Halo 3 that I loved).

Help me GAF, I feel like I have an FPS crave but cannot clearly see what would satisfy me.

BokehKing

Banned
I'm more of a solo player but I enjoy jumping into a quick multi-game if it's easy to follow while playing limited time. Weighing this against Halo 5: is it worth the investment? Last CoD I played was MW2...which was not to my taste. But I liked MW1 a lot.

On the other end, I liked all Halo games but very "mildly" for most (with only CE and Halo 3 that I loved).

Help me GAF, I feel like I have an FPS crave but cannot clearly see what would satisfy me.
Do you like shooting people 5 times and them not dying? Get halo

Do you like having a wide choice of variety in your game and split screen? Get COD

WaLlbaNg

Yeah, that's one of my gripes as well. I would like to see who I am playing against and compare records.
To stop people from instantly quitting as soon as they see decent players als enemies and to prevent players from looking at their kd

Played a round of team deathmatch while I was waiting for the campaign to download, I'm enjoying it so far. Black Ops III, Halo 5, Battlefront and Fallout 4 will dominate my holiday season.

GHG

Gold Member
Did not preorder.
How do I get nuketown besides buying physical? In EU it seems to be included up untill 30/11, but only in the deluxe edition? Is it the same case in the US, I'd prefer to pay 52 euro instead of 70!

I'd like to know this as well. Only thing holding me back from buying this at the moment.

I don't understand why this shit is all so clock and dagger. I just want to know if the standard edition on the UK store still includes nuketown but it's so unclear.

The deluxe edition seems to have it (both US and UK store) but it's still unclear on whether you actually get it or not as some people are saying you don't if you didn't preorder?

Such a load of bullshit what things have become with all these different SKU's and split player bases and what not.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i ordered the standard pc edition of black ops from shop to. and my game key activated nuketown map hmmmm ?

BokehKing

Banned
You heard me

If you like shooting someone over and over and they don't die but all that gun fire attracts their team mates....oh and if you love games that are 85% grenades, get halo

If you like head shottng enemies 5 times in a row and they are still alive, go play halo

tuna_love

Banned
You heard me

If you like shooting someone over and over and they don't die but all that gun fire attracts their team mates....oh and if you love games that are 85% grenades, get halo

If you like head shottng enemies 5 times in a row and they are still alive, go play halo
You are seriously an idiot.

JoseLopez

You heard me

Stop

VinFTW

You heard me

Lol okay

Eh, not sure you're trying to make a fair selling point for one of the two propositions. But thanks for the answer.

Halo is more skill based and probably less newbie friendly due to the higher TTK, weapon placements and such.

CoD is great if you're looking for a fast paced twitch shooter. It has more content and variety right now as well.

Micerider

Halo is more skill based and probably less newbie friendly due to the higher TTK, weapon placements and such.

CoD is great if you're looking for a fast paced twitch shooter. It has more content and variety right now as well.

Ah thanks. Looks clearer to me. Halo in that sense looks more like a cheap buy later to taste the campaign then, not sure I can sustain competition in a multi-fps requesting more dedication than a couple of hours per week.

Marvel

could never
What it's the truth?
It's a frag fest, I just spent what, $500 to figure that out about halo 5
You spent 500 dollars and only just learned about some Halo mp tek? wow, it's been around for so long did you not yt it first before such a purchase? Lol

VmFDFDT.jpg

Any gamer out there that want to be a star and stay a star, and don't wanna have to worry about the bullets not killing, making all that noise, attracting enemy teammates, come to Death Row! Black Ops 3!

Top Bottom