• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Who could forget this gem

CoD-Ghosts-Stonehaven-2.jpg

ghosts-map-stonehaven.jpg

Oh god I remember running aroudn that map not running into people for minutes, and just thinking "this is so stupid". COD really needs smaller maps, makes the action snappier.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Ever since CoD went futuristic with jetpacks and shit I just can't compete. Even in ghosts I had a 2.0 kd and I hated that game. With these past 2 CoD's I have around 1.25 or so. Just not fun to me to get shit on. My friends and family all feel the same and the same shit is happening to us all.

1.25 is definitely competing lol

So far to me the whole package seems fun, I'm not sure about it being classed as a great game or whatever but every mode i've played is fun and for me that's all that really matters.

Played about 1/3 of the campaign, it's a bit mental but it's been enjoyable. The multiplayer maps feel better than AW and Ghosts, I die a bit less frequently after spawning so that's always good. Not sold on the hero powers thing, seems like it's just been tacked on for no good reason, happy to use it when it pops up but not convinced it's needed at all. Same with the wall running and double jump, to me they feel like they were shoehorned in because of what AW done. Gun game is amazing, glad it's back.

If everything keeps being this enjoyable it's a solid 8/10 game for me.

rrc1594

I know COD is pick up and play, but after playing Halo 5. My aim is on point it's going to be a very scary scene when I get my Elite controller

Xater

Guys how does the emblem sharing stuf work? It said I downloaded some of the emblems, I don't know how, but I can't select them anywhere.

BlazinAm

Solid 60 for me in matches, the only thing I notice is that during the winners pages with the three best players on the winning team the framerate dips a bit. Also post loading there is a blue screen I think that is from big picture mode maybe i dunno. The load times are really odd though I am running the game on an ssd and loads to get back to the lobby are long. So much longer than it does to get into an match.

Waldini

Ghosts and their ground-bound killstreaks. Fuck that. Entire game felt off.

Advanced Warfare made me wanna break my own fingers with that dumb ass movement system. Movement + laggy connections = broken joystick.

The BO3 beta actually felt good. Much "slower" and you didnt have to use the "new" movement system.

XBONE users;
Does the game still have that beta-haze?

rrc1594

So far to me the whole package seems fun, I'm not sure about it being classed as a great game or whatever but every mode i've played is fun and for me that's all that really matters.

Played about 1/3 of the campaign, it's a bit mental but it's been enjoyable. The multiplayer maps feel better than AW and Ghosts, I die a bit less frequently after spawning so that's always good. Not sold on the hero powers thing, seems like it's just been tacked on for no good reason, happy to use it when it pops up but not convinced it's needed at all. Same with the wall running and double jump, to me they feel like they were shoehorned in because of what AW done. Gun game is amazing, glad it's back.

If everything keeps being this enjoyable it's a solid 8/10 game for me.

I feel the same way, that shit is so unnecessary to me. I don't see it giving you an advantage.

a916

Who could forget this gem

CoD-Ghosts-Stonehaven-2.jpg

ghosts-map-stonehaven.jpg

XD

It's such a terrible map with no flow... just garbage. IW is such a shell of what they used to be. Sledgehammer was no better. I dare someone to draw out how the players are supposed to flow from spawn to central choke points lol... it's just without any thought. And they are all like that.

Treyarch is no IW, but they are really good map designers. So far really loving it. Easily leagues ahead of the last two COD. No way this surpasses MW2 and MW1, but it has a great chance for 3rd supplanting Blops2.

Sojgat

Really enjoying MP, but the aim feels a little off to me. Just feels heavier than other CODs.

Campaign seems pretty bad compared to AW though.

nOoblet16

So there is not much Black Ops about Black Ops 3 then?

As in it doesn't carry over any of the storyline from the previous two games, nor does it share the kind of conspiracy story? What about the choices and multiple endings they introduced in Black Ops 2? I thought that was pretty well done.

There's a ton of aim assist, that's probably why.

Yeah the aim assist is crazy a guy was jumping behind a wall and it still pulled my gun up. I finished the night with a 1.91 kd and I'm really enjoying the game. The Xr-2 feels much better than it did in the beta I can't wait to get the M8.

Anyway to get nuke town on digital purchases now?

Or has that ship sailed?

It's gone unless you buy a code from someone. Apparently they are going for £19, people so thirsty for some nuketown!

Also remember that Nuketown will probably be gone after a week, only to return for double XP events and eventually part of normal playlists for everyone next year.

Played my first game and I that's about as bad of totals as I've ever got. I think I got shot in the back for 15 deaths straight.

nOoblet16

Ok I don't particularly mind 30FPS cutscenes if they are you know "cutscenes" i.e. there is a black screen transition and we see things from third person perspective.

I don't see why you would make the first person scenes where I am opening a door or using a computer into a 30FPS scene when I see no visual change at all. These scenes last anywhere from 2 seconds to 20 seconds and it makes no sense to me why anyone would do this at all. Another thing I'd have hoped is if they had given the main character a name atleast but that's not much of an issue really.

The game so far seems to look worse than Advanced Warfare on the surface of it (atleast the campaign) but it also feels a lot more visually complex and busier.

GHG

Gold Member
It's gone unless you buy a code from someone. Apparently they are going for £19, people so thirsty for some nuketown!

Also remember that Nuketown will probably be gone after a week, only to return for double XP events and eventually part of normal playlists for everyone next year.

Is it not part of the deluxe edition?

Game feels really solid on PC. Can see myself playing this one far longer then the previous couple I tried. Only issue so far is something that'll never change but the TTK still seems too low. Game is pretty much whoever spots who first get's the kill.

I assume level 50 is max before prestige? Is that the same for wepaons also?

Marvel

could never
"In Darkness" is an amazing mission. Also, play as a woman... much better voice actor and you can look like femsnake or The Boss if like me you choose blonde hair as a bonus.

No hardcore kill confirmed?

The only TDM in hardcore that doesnt reward camping? Where you actually have to move after a kill to score?

TREYARCH PLS......

I'm not really interested in this game,but had to post just to congratulate the op on that thread title. Pure genius son, pure genius.

Endboss

Neo Member
Did they improve the resolution of the Xbox One Version from the beta?

Not trying to start something here, but I remember playing the beta and the game looked different than other Xbox One Games, kinda smudgy or like other people called it, "like if they put a vaseline filter on it".

Kristian

Oh yes, few more hours till i get my copy. Girlfriend out with the girls tonight also so it's gonna be co-op/zombies fun allll night baby!

Xando

Played a bit of MP. It has that nice BO2 feeling with some neat new mechanics.
Gotta say that WW2 map is trash though.

LordRaiden

Neo Member
No hardcore kill confirmed?

The only TDM in hardcore that doesnt reward camping? Where you actually have to move after a kill to score?

TREYARCH PLS......

Wait what? So no HC Domination AND Kill Confirmed!?

You gotta be kidding me. Those are the only modes I play.....

aravuus

I'd say it's average tbh

The tougher opponents are at the 1.75 - 2.00 KD or higher.

Wouldn't 1.00 be average, statistically speaking

So 1.25 is above average. If everyone on your team had a 1.25 kdr, it would more or less mean that you would win a lot more than lose

Also good old nuketown, don't even care if the rest of the maps are bad or not. I'll be spending most of my time on this playlist.

RedAssedApe

Banned
so you randomly earn points you can use to unlock supply drops from the black market. but what do the drops contain? are they just cosmetic or can you actually get weapons with different stats like in AW?

That Nightmare mode is one of the coolest features implemented in singleplayer campaigns in a long time. Sounds extremely fun.

This feels like the first CoD in years where smg's clearly aren't the best weapons to use. Frankly, I'm doing better with ar's and lmg's, which is great because I've burnt out on using smg's.

Marvel

could never
Did they improve the resolution of the Xbox One Version from the beta?

Not trying to start something here, but I remember playing the beta and the game looked different than other Xbox One Games, kinda smudgy or like other people called it, "like if they put a vaseline filter on it".
I only played the ps4 beta, but have bought the bone version. Looks fine to me.

so you randomly earn points you can use to unlock supply drops from the black market. but what do the drops contain? are they just cosmetic or can you actually get weapons with different stats like in AW?

Calling cards, emblems, taunts for the victory screen, I think some cosmetic unlocks as well. No weapons.

Jord

Absolutely love the OT and the title...it really made me smile when I checked this morning! Genius

Looking forward to getting home and firing it up, hopefully it runs ok on PC. Also, just had a look on eBay for the Nuketown codes out of curiosity...they really are going for £19. Wow.

LordRaiden

Neo Member
That really sucks. Not as much as my totals right now but a close 2nd. :(
Yeah, I kinda lost interest in playing it alltogether.. OR I should try the other HC modes.

For me it's HC or bust.

HC KC and DOM have always been very popular, why leave them out?!?

Can someone check which HC modes are available right now? Can't find it online.

Top Bottom