• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Well there's no other word I can really say.
I don't want to say "fucking trash" because that's sort of mean.
And yeah? If you haven't noticed with a laser sight and stock you can actually just hose people down with the thing while never breaking flow.
The pro comment makes you seem as trying to just be obnoxious. I'm stating that I'm not bad at this game to show I'm not just a bad player whining that I can't get any kills. Because quite honestly it's literally just the VMP that I have issues with. I hardly run into M8A7 players but I understand how rediculous that gun is.

Well if you are out here calling other people scrubs and trash cuz they kill you with the vmp I'm interested in how good you are?

Do you have a spm of at least 400 and a 2kd or higher? Cuz if not you probably shouldn't be calling people bad.

You may find the vmp annoying but it gets destroyed by the vesper and Pharo at most if not all ranges. I switched to the vesper after they nerfed the vmp and haven't looked back.

It's not a bad gun and I still use it occasionally but it's not an instant win button like you think. Vesper beats it close and midrange every time.

I don't get why people don't like the KRM. I got more than 30 kills in a TDM with it yesterday with 0 attachments, for the camo. I love shotguns.

Xater

Well this was pretty funny...

5RvSB709L2kH6.gif

So the M8A7 locks up on me too. Just like the Sheiva. Fucking bizarre. I don't think the XR-2 has done that to me.

Plus I had a lovely glitch, where after I accidentally started controlling my hardened sentry, I got that same colorless bison you get while using it for most of the remainder of the match. So weird.

So the M8A7 locks up on me too. Just like the Sheiva. Fucking bizarre. I don't think the XR-2 has done that to me.

Plus I had a lovely glitch, where after I accidentally started controlling my hardened sentry, I got that same colorless bison you get while using it for most of the remainder of the match. So weird.

If you over sample it beyond the burst delay it won't fire. You have to get a feel for the timing the xr2 you can just hold the trigger. Rapid fire will give you less delay and let you mash the trigger faster.

anyone else so sick of people complaining about (wanting) nerfs?

they went COMPLETELY overboard on the gorgon. the ads is pitiful now. i honestly don't feel as if any of the guns right now are op. some are strong with attachments, as they should be. that's what leveling up a gun should do. there is nothing here quite like akimbo 1887s. only gun i don't understand is the haymaker- i get a ton of hitmarkers and also lose to everything but lmgs/snipers at close range, but maybe i'm using it wrong.

If you over sample it beyond the burst delay it won't fire. You have to get a feel for the timing the xr2 you can just hold the trigger. Rapid fire will give you less delay and let you mash the trigger faster.
I was counting my shots. I can't imagine that's what's going on. Especially since I've purposely tried firing it at all sorts of random rates and never have an issue with it unless it's during a gun fight with a certain. I think something else is going on. I've had weird issues where automatics will start firing at wonky rates during combat too. I've made an effort to count the bursts at the same rhythm every time because I've been aware of this.

RMI

Banned
Tried messing around a bit with the Drakon, changing the optics to a non-zoom scope like the ELO. Found myself really liking it for the one hit head shot kills. With a shorter range scope like that it still does some work at close range, only thing is the time to ADS is still pretty slow.

I don't like the little side to side wobble and the slow rate of fire. For a high damage automatic, I'd rather use the Man 'O War.

adding the foregrip to the kn-44 really tightens up the shot grouping and makes that thing pretty deadly at longer ranges (with long barrel of course).

anyone else so sick of people complaining about (wanting) nerfs?

they went COMPLETELY overboard on the gorgon. the ads is pitiful now. i honestly don't feel as if any of the guns right now are op. some are strong with attachments, as they should be. that's what leveling up a gun should do. there is nothing here quite like akimbo 1887s. only gun i don't understand is the haymaker- i get a ton of hitmarkers and also lose to everything but lmgs/snipers at close range, but maybe i'm using it wrong.
In my opinion the Gorgon never needed a nerf in the first place. It's a defensive weapon, and I think people whine about those more than anything because they hate "campers". The game is full of spazzes that sprint all over with their SMG's. Just my take on it. The Gorgon had a great strength, but tons of downsides that went with it.
just started using it, it's sick. do you suggest fast mags or extended mags? thing runs through the mag quick as hell.

It's an amazing gun. Maybe my favorite LMG. I love the BRM as well.

I don't use fast mags or extended. I use reflex or recon sights, and a grip, and maybe a silencer occasionally. If I were to pick one? I would probably use extended mags, personally.

adding the foregrip to the kn-44 really tightens up the shot grouping and makes that thing pretty deadly at longer ranges (with long barrel of course).
I run all my guns with grip, at least almost all the time. I still didn't like it. It just didn't feel good to me. It's strange, because in past CoD games haven't the AK type weapons usually had largely vertical recoil. I just don't like the feel of the KN-44, personally.

In my opinion the Gorgon never needed a nerf in the first place. It's a defensive weapon, and I think people whine about those more than anything because they hate "campers". The game is full of spazzes that sprint all over with their SMG's. Just my take on it. The Gorgon had a great strength, but tons of downsides that went with it.

It's an amazing gun. Maybe my favorite LMG. I love the BRM as well.

I don't use fast mags or extended. I use reflex or recon sights, and a grip, and maybe a silencer occasionally. If I were to pick one? I would probably use extended mags, personally.
it's one thing to lay down a hallway with it, but playing those guns defensively like you said can be really fun. i try to patrol an area (like the back half of the map on Fringe). there's a difference between camping in the corner in the buildings on either side of that map and moving from side to side anticipating enemy spawns (i play tdm). people cry about camping whenever you play to the weapon and map's strengths with an lmg.

it's one thing to lay down a hallway with it, but playing those guns defensively like you said can be really fun. i try to patrol an area (like the back half of the map on Fringe). there's a difference between camping in the corner in the buildings on the side of that map and moving from side to side anticipating enemy spawns (i play tdm). people cry about camping whenever you play to the weapon and map's strengths with an lmg.
LMG's are my favorite guns. Sometimes it's beneficial to lay in a hallway if you're playing an objective mode to cut off traffic. I don't stay there though. I like being tactical and moving from spot to spot, cutting off areas of the map. I play domination almost exclusively. I love controlling areas effectively. Playing tactically, and intelligently. It's one of the reason the unlimited sprint/movement system bothers me so much in this game. I feel it really fucks up so much of it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else have the really bad habit of taking your finger off the trigger when you think an enemy should be dead?

It's happening more and more lately.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
giphy.gif

The M8 could use a burst fire delay, but there's nothing wrong with the VMP and Pharo.

I really dont get this. It's an auto fire burst fire weapon. It all depends on how fast your trigger finger is. Kinda like the FAL from BLOPS2.

It's one of the few weapons that actually takes some skill instead of just holding down the trigger, and praying and spraying.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I really dont get this. It's an auto fire burst fire weapon. It all depends on how fast your trigger finger is. Kinda like the FAL from BLOPS2.

It's one of the few weapons that actually takes some skill instead of just holding down the trigger, and praying and spraying.

I'm with you, but then they'd have to remove it from every other gun, and I don't see that happening.

SlimySnake

I'm with you, but then they'd have to remove it from every other gun, and I don't see that happening.
Sorry, i meant the m8 is not an auto fire burst fire weapon. You shouldnt be punished for having a fast trigger finger.

WaLlbaNg

VMP is basically this game's ASM1.
The VMP shoots really fast, is almost dead accurate with a grip, and melts nearly every other gun in the game even at near-medium range.

The people who defend this gun are like the people who defend the ASM1. I have no clue how you can seriously defend this thing. Do you even see how many times shitty players whip out this damn thing and win gunfights by spraying?

You haven't experienced the Vesper, have you?

SlimySnake

Me too. There isn't a full-auto assault rifle that I really like in this game. It's kind of odd really.

I leveled up all the ARs during the double weapon xp weekend and I did great with pretty much all of them. I think the worst one is the ICR-1 which has side to side wobble even though it has the highest accuracy in class. I just cant win gun fights with that weapon because of that.

Every other AR is a three shot kill pretty much every time with the long barrel attachment. Some guns like the AK, Man of War and Shieva might need 5 attachments to be good, but i dont mind that. I can still roll with two perks after that.

RMI

Banned
Every other AR is a three shot kill pretty much every time with the long barrel attachment. Some guns like the AK, Man of War and Shieva might need 5 attachments to be good, but i dont mind that. I can still roll with two perks after that.

5 attachments? Which ones are even worthwhile? I can see running 3 on most guns (long barrel, foregrip, quickdraw grip).

I leveled up all the ARs during the double weapon xp weekend and I did great with pretty much all of them. I think the worst one is the ICR-1 which has side to side wobble even though it has the highest accuracy in class. I just cant win gun fights with that weapon because of that.

I actually kinda like the ICR-1. Haha

Hey guys. Im a bit bored with the gunplay of Star Wars Battlefront and thinking about buying Black Ops. Anybody else moved from Battlefront to Blops and is having more fun with the game?
No idea how the gunplay of Battlefront compares to Black Ops 3, but I must say that the guns and classes in this game are very well balanced and varied which makes it a very fun game to play. I know I'll be playing this game for ages.

Auto fire doesn't make it any different from burst weapons in the past. Its literally functions the same as burst fire weapons in older games just with a "auto fire" function. Having a trigger finger, or lack of, doesn't make the gun shoot any faster or slower than it already does.

And the fact that most of the automatic weapons in this game have some serious drawback for in either recoil, range, firerate, or damage, praying and spraying definitely isn't some type of ez mode. Thing is, M8 doesn't have many drawbacks itself - the burst fire delay is short as hell, it has minimal recoil even without grip, great range, good damage, and completely shuts out the XR-2 and Shieva at any range. It doesn't take much skill to use.

Bookmark or quote me on this: it will be the top tier weapon that will be the go-to choice for many and will gain more popularity once more start to see how good it is. From competitive players to your daily pubstomper.

Do we have any Xbox one players in this thread? Most of the people I used to play CoD with have stopped playing the series. I'd love to have some teammates!

Do we have any Xbox one players in this thread? Most of the people I used to play CoD with have stopped playing the series. I'd love to have some teammates!

Me! Feel free to add me on XBL: backflip10019! I've been on a Halo and Fallout kick recently, but could certainly be persuaded to play when I'm on!

Nvzman

You haven't experienced the Vesper, have you?
I've used the Vesper more than the VMP.
The Vesper's range and recoil is awful, so it's actually balanced out rather nicely. It's exclusively effective at close-range, which is the purpose of the gun. Not to mention it demands constant reloading giving you some vulnerability.
VMP doesn't follow any of that logic. It hardly kicks, it's range isn't half bad, it fires faster than any other full-auto SMG besides the Vesper, and it also contains 40 bullets per magazine.
Please tell me how that makes any sense, because it fucking doesn't. Either nerf the clip size of the VMP, nerf the range again, or straight up lower the firerate. It's considered a top-tier SMG for a reason.

EDIT: Oh and look at that, pro players only using VMPs and M8s

Jblanks

I was like that with Firebreaks heat wave ability, was driving me mad getting two double kills with enemies stunned by it, even in groundwar it proved difficult to get two enemies together and stun them both without a third person coming along and wiping me out.

Eventually got it by sneaking up on people in GW safeguard.

Yea that's how I got my glitch doubles and vision pulse doubles.

I would get behind the enemy, and for glitch would run past a couple guys and than glitch behind them. Vision Pulse I just chilled and waited until 2 guys were near each other. Rejack double kills are going to be the worst.

Jblanks

I hope they nerf the Pharo again. It's too powerful at medium range in my opinion.

There's nothing wrong with the VMP or Pharo; even at longer middle ranges the Pharo struggles bad. If Pharo got a nerf, it would probably ruin the gun.

Maybe a slight nerf to the VMP, but nothing major. I got the 100 headshots for it, but once I gold it, I'm going to stop using it. Not a big fan.

Jblanks

the vesper SHREDS

thing is like a steady stream of death, slap a grip on it and make murder

Until the enemy is 20+ feet plus, then you're watching a killcam.

Damn triple post... sorry. Just reading the last couple pages, and responding to different posts.

There's nothing wrong with the VMP or Pharo; even at longer middle ranges the Pharo struggles bad. If Pharo got a nerf, it would probably ruin the gun.

Maybe a slight nerf to the VMP, but nothing major. I got the 100 headshots for it, but once I gold it, I'm going to stop using it. Not a big fan.
I disagree. I think there's definitely something wrong with the Pharo, and that it needs another nerf. It's too effective at medium range in my opinion. I don't think it would ruin the gun. They already just about ruined the Gorgon with its nerf, a gun that in my opinion never needed a nerf to begin with. It was powerful in a specific usage, but had huge downsides to go with it.

I haven't personally played with the VMP, so I won't comment on it.

Auto fire doesn't make it any different from burst weapons in the past. Its literally functions the same as burst fire weapons in older games just with a "auto fire" function. Having a trigger finger, or lack of, doesn't make the gun shoot any faster or slower than it already does.

And the fact that most of the automatic weapons in this game have some serious drawback for in either recoil, range, firerate, or damage, praying and spraying definitely isn't some type of ez mode. Thing is, M8 doesn't have many drawbacks itself - the burst fire delay is short as hell, it has minimal recoil even without grip, great range, good damage, and completely shuts out the XR-2 and Shieva at any range. It doesn't take much skill to use.

Bookmark or quote me on this: it will be the top tier weapon that will be the go-to choice for many and will gain more popularity once more start to see how good it is. From competitive players to your daily pubstomper.
Am I missing something because my M8A7 does not auto burst.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Me! Feel free to add me on XBL: backflip10019! I've been on a Halo and Fallout kick recently, but could certainly be persuaded to play when I'm on!

I'm on xbox one
gt- purg3

gamertag - lamaroo7

Would be nice to get decent teammates every once in a while

Jblanks

I disagree. I think there's definitely something wrong with the Pharo, and that it needs another nerf. It's too effective at medium range in my opinion. I don't think it would ruin the gun. They already just about ruined the Gorgon with its nerf, a gun that in my opinion never needed a nerf to begin with. It was powerful in a specific usage, but had huge downsides to go with it.

I haven't personally played with the VMP, so I won't comment on it.

Yea but that's what the Pharos advantage is - medium range. It gets outgunned by other SMGs like Vesper, VMP, and (should) Weevil at close range. The Pharo and Kuda excel at medium range, while the Razorback covers the longer range. All guns of course can kill at every distance, but those are the distances where they do best. You can't turn a burst fire SMG into a very close quarters gun and that's it; like I said, it would probably ruin it because their would be no point in running a burst fire SMG when you could use a superior Vesper/VMP at close.

I honestly haven't been killed by a Pharo, and said "Man that gun needs a nerf", unlike the M8. I don't mind the SMGs as they are now, just need to give the Weevil a buff.

gamertag - lamaroo7

Would be nice to get decent teammates every once in a while
I'll add you. Gt is: ShadowsFell

Yea but that's what the Pharos advantage is - medium range. It gets outgunned by other SMGs like Vesper, VMP, and (should) Weevil at close range. The Pharo and Kuda excel at medium range, while the Razorback covers the longer range. All guns of course can kill at every distance, but those are the distances where they do best. You can't turn a burst fire SMG into a very close quarters gun and that's it; like I said, it would probably ruin it because their would be no point in running a burst fire SMG when you could use a superior Vesper/VMP at close.

I honestly haven't been killed by a Pharo, and said "Man that gun needs a nerf", unlike the M8. I don't mind the SMGs as they are now, just need to give the Weevil a buff.

I totally disagree. The Pharo shreds people up close. And I've had way to many instances of getting dropped quickly at medium range by the Pharo. It's awesome at close range, and too good at medium range, I think. I do think it needs a nerf.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's a new one for me, 10/12 players were all from the same clan and they were all killing me because I cheat, apparently. I'll upload the demo later as it's pretty funny. I love hardcore but stuff like this shouldn't be possible, I'd much prefer ricochet.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Love this game but the hit detection sometimes..

lpJAfCr.gif

First of all, you no a-use-a-da-brecci!

Second of all you play-a-da-hardcore!

Third of all you a-no-a-fast-a-plant-a-da-bomb.

With that all out of the way, you fired before you were ADSed, and you got a lucky hipfire hitmarker. And because you are playing no health mode he died.

Top Bottom