• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

I still think they wraith should not be destroyed that easy
The thing is, it has never been harder to take it down thanks to it going into stealth mode and avoiding people being able to lock on.

I do agree though that the Talon is typically a lot harder to take down than the Wraith - due to the Talon being small and not up in the air so visible from most parts of the map. I'd probably swap the Talon and Wraith round in terms of score, I always get more kills with the Talon.

I do also agree that people might have the hump about RAPS being destroyable when you compare it to dogs and swarm which you couldn't halt.

It also gives players who are pretty crap at the game, and probably caused the scorestreak to exist in the first place something to do and accomplish.

Daffy Duck

This challenge of getting two rapid kills with Psychosis is going to make me insane. This ability is so shit.

I was like that with Firebreaks heat wave ability, was driving me mad getting two double kills with enemies stunned by it, even in groundwar it proved difficult to get two enemies together and stun them both without a third person coming along and wiping me out.

Eventually got it by sneaking up on people in GW safeguard.

Rixxan

I'm not sure how anyone could prefer the weevil or the razorback over the other 4 SMGs - about to diamond camo in the SMG category and my god those two guns are notably more sluggish, and the rates of fire just can't compete, they feel like hybrid SMG / Rifles, bad ones

Tidalwave

This challenge of getting two rapid kills with Psychosis is going to make me insane. This ability is so shit.
Go into an objective based mode like demolition and just pop it when it comes up and charge the objective. Should finish it in no time.

jorgejjvr

So I'm not one to use lethals and tacticals. But I just unlocked again scavenger on my level 4 prestige. So I dropped some attachment, added a combination of lethals and/or tacticals, and used a wildcard to get scavenger,because they don't make sense to me without scavenger.

Surprisingly, I did good and got my streaks, I know where enemies are coming from so throwing a concussion really helps take out multiple people or get them when they are not expecting it

If I keep using this set up, I might permanently unlock scavenger

Strider

I had been meaning to ask how scavenger worked in this game actually. I guess it's not just ammo but lethals and tacticals too... Cool. When I finally unlock c4 I'll probably throw scavenger on most classes then :p

jorgejjvr

I had been meaning to ask how scavenger worked in this game actually. I guess it's not just ammo but lethals and tacticals too... Cool. When I finally unlock c4 I'll probably throw scavenger on most classes then :p
Yes it gives you ammo but also lethals and tactical

As I would only use those with scavenger, as it not worth to use them only once per life, so I'm glad scavenger works like bo2

Definitely considering it

However, I feel like fast hands is a MUST, so I have to use a wildcard

I do. I want to see people win primarily because of good play, not scorestreaks.

Me too, used to love barebones mode, all about gun play then, no perks, no attachments and no kill/score/death streaks. I miss them days. At least HCTDM doesnt get too many score streaks to worry about.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently they're gonna be improving some of the higher scorestreaks as they're underperforming.

I wonder specifically what ones they are, and what they're going to change.

I know people have been complaining about how easy stuff is to take down, but things have always been easy to take down and I've done it for years - it just seems more people run the launchers these days rather than me being the only sole doing it!

People have been saying oh Wraith needs 3 shots to down etc, stuff like that but an attack helicopter has always been 2 rockets to down. No change there, and it still seeks out the person who locks on to it.

You can shoot a Wraith down with one rocket if you hit it before it actually gets into the map, pretty easy with Engineer.

Man, I know the silencer does terrible things to the LMG's especially, and also the assault rifles. They should really improve it, because it's atrocious.

On another note, dumping a bunch of H.I.V.E. traps around you while you're trying to get a care package on Nuketown proved very effective in the game I just played. Hahaha

I still think they wraith should not be destroyed that easy

You can shoot a Wraith down with one rocket if you hit it before it actually gets into the map, pretty easy with Engineer.

Simply horrible

When that happens it's like my dreams got crushed
I started trying the Wraith + RAPS combo yesterday and it's been working really well so far. Lots of kills from both. Wraith was not being shot down like it was before. First you call in the RAPS, wait a bit for them to come and then call in the Wraith. This seems to tie the opposing team up, makes them be too busy running from the RAPS to shoot down the Wraith.

So what's the best Assault Rifle in the game?
Most people would probably say the M8A7 I'd imagine, unless I'm wrong. I haven't played with it much personally, because it's the gun you unlock at the highest rank, and I've prestiged twice already. But I'll be able to play with it again today, so we'll see.

Nvzman

Most people would probably say the M8A7, unless I'm wrong. I haven't played with it much personally, because its the gun you unlock at the highest rank, and I've prestiged twice already. Haha
Yeah the M8A7 is completely OP and I hope to god that Treyarch nerfs it and the VMP

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the M8A7 is completely OP and I hope to god that Treyarch nerfs it and the VMP

I hope they nerf the Pharo again. It's too powerful at medium range in my opinion.

giphy.gif

The M8 could use a burst fire delay, but there's nothing wrong with the VMP and Pharo.

After they nerfed it I hate using it but I see where you are coming from.
I've only used it a few times, but the thing shreds at close range already, and at medium range I feel it's just too powerful, especially when coupled with its close range abilities.

Not to mention it has a 40 round mag which is on the high end for SMG's.

jorgejjvr

I started trying the Wraith + RAPS combo yesterday and it's been working really well so far. Lots of kills from both. Wraith was not being shot down like it was before. First you call in the RAPS, wait a bit for them to come and then call in the Wraith. This seems to tie the opposing team up, makes them be too busy running from the RAPS to shoot down the Wraith.
I'll try that

I normally send the Wraith first, as it helps to let the raps deploy ship send ALL of the raps out, unfortunately it usually gets destroyed in the process, but the raps make it just fine

I'm afraid that sending the raps first will get them destroyed too fast, but I'll try it

Edit: having the hater also helps at letting everything make it

There's three things to shoot down, and with hater on you can go and kill them before they can attempt to shoot it down

Nvzman

giphy.gif

The M8 could use a burst fire delay, but there's nothing wrong with the VMP and Pharo.
VMP is basically this game's ASM1.
The VMP shoots really fast, is almost dead accurate with a grip, and melts nearly every other gun in the game even at near-medium range.

The people who defend this gun are like the people who defend the ASM1. I have no clue how you can seriously defend this thing. Do you even see how many times shitty players whip out this damn thing and win gunfights by spraying?

Lol please stop the vmp is not even the top smg Vesper and pharo both outclass it. M8A7 needs attachments to be really good and it's burst fire which takes more skill to use than a full auto. Just because you die by a gun doesn't mean it's OP.

The vmp was also already nerfed it had tighter hip fire and faster ads than the other SMGs. that is all gone now it's the same as the other SMGs now for ads speed and hip fire spread.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The VMP shoots really fast, is almost dead accurate with a grip, and melts nearly every other gun in the game even at near-medium range.

The people who defend this gun are like the people who defend the ASM1. I have no clue how you can seriously defend this thing. Do you even see how many times shitty players whip out this damn thing and win gunfights by spraying?

I barely see the VMP, and it's nothing like the ASM1.

If something needs a nerf that I see shitty players using all the time it's the Drakon. Can't count how many times I've been spammed to death by that thing regardless of range.

Nvzman

Lol please stop the vmp is not even the top smg Vesper and pharo both outclass it. M8A7 needs attachments to be really good and it's burst fire which takes more skill to use than a full auto. Just because you die by a gun doesn't mean it's OP.

The vmp was also already nerfed it had tighter hip fire and faster ads than the other SMGs. that is all gone now it's the same as the other SMGs now for ads speed and hip fire spread.
Vesper kicks like crazy and hitmarkers a lot at anything above close range and the Pharo is a burst weapon. It's not a valid point.

Stat charts do not justify anything regarding ttk because it assumes both people are standing still and shooting with perfect accuracy. In actual online play guns like the VMP clearly dominate because they are just the easiest to use with little drawbacks. Also having a 40 bullet magazine for that is stupid, and it makes the weevil feel worthless for that.
Mind you I'm not talking about the PC version (I know CoD kind of has different balancing on PC due to mouse aim), I'm talking about the PS4 version where I'll be tearing with a Kuda or a Weevil or an Icr yet the other team whips out their VMPs and suddenly I'm dropping like a fly every time I get remotely near them.

I'm not one to bitch about guns being OP because they kill me (because then I'd be calling the Vesper or the Gorgon or the Man-O-War OP), so stop that shit. I'm calling the VMP OP because if nearly every time, even when I'm faced with unbearably bad opponents, I get nailed with a VMP, there is clearly something wrong. Hell, competitive absolutely loves this fucking gun. It's blatantly superior to most of the SMGs and it will dominate everything else minus the Argus.

I'm not bad at this game, I average a 1.5 global K/D and a SPM of 350. I play objective modes a bit but I put a lot of time into TDM. It's not me, it's the damn gun.

Nah you should really look up the gun stats before spouting nonsense. The vmp kills in 4-6 shots the 4 kill range is very close so it's usually a 5 shot kill. Asm1 had a 3 shot kill rang similar to the vmp 4 shot range. Vmp also has some crazy recoil even with grip it kicks up and to the side a lot. Go watch drift0rs weapon reviews and educate yourself.

Atleat look at the actual stats of the weapons before you come here arguing with people the gun you die by is op. Vmp is second to third best smg and has already been nerfed stop crying.

Nvzman

Nah you should really look up the gun stats before spouting nonsense. The vmp kills in 4-6 shots the 4 kill range is very close so it's usually a 5 shot kill. Asm1 had a 3 shot kill rang similar to the vmp 4 shot range. Vmp also has some crazy recoil even with grip it kicks up and to the side a lot. Go watch drift0rs weapon reviews and educate yourself.

Atleat look at the actual stats of the weapons before you come here arguing with people the gun you die by is op. Vmp is second to third best smg and has already been nerfed stop crying.
See you are missing my point.
I'm not saying that it's like the ASM1 statistically, I'm saying that it's used by every scrubby player I've seen and yet despite a clear lack of skill it can still be used effectively.

I watch plenty of Drift0r and I've looked at Reddit's stat charts a lot, so I've done my research. Read my post above for why that's not relevant.

Toa TAK

Banned
They are all good, whatever works for you

I like the xr2

But people say the M8 is the best

Most people would probably say the M8A7 I'd imagine, unless I'm wrong. I haven't played with it much personally, because it's the gun you unlock at the highest rank, and I've prestiged twice already. But I'll be able to play with it again today, so we'll see.
Cool, thanks guys. Finished my AK so I was wondering what's next.

See you are missing my point.
I'm not saying that it's like the ASM1 statistically, I'm saying that it's used by every scrubby player I've seen and yet despite a clear lack of skill it can still be used effectively.

I watch plenty of Drift0r and I've looked at Reddit's stat charts a lot, so I've done my research. Read my post above for why that's not relevant.

So you feel these players are scrubs and shouldn't kill you is what you are saying? The vmp is so good it kills just by walking and holding the trigger I see now.

Also it's hard to take anyone seriously using the word scrubs. Can we see a screen shot of your stats you must be a cod God. Will you be going pro?

You're welcome. Did you enjoy the KN-44? I think that's the gun you're talking about anyway. I haven't really liked it when I've played with it.

Kn-44 isn't bad once you put long barrel on it and it pushes the 3 shot range out a little. I'm having a hard time finding a full auto assault rifle I actually like I mostly stick to the m8 and xr2and the sheiva.

Kn-44 isn't bad once you put long barrel on it and it pushes the 3 shot range out a little. I'm having a hard time finding a full auto assault rifle I actually like I mostly stick to the m8 and xr2.
I don't like the little side to side wobble and the slow rate of fire. For a high damage automatic, I'd rather use the Man 'O War.

Nvzman

So you feel these players are scrubs and shouldn't kill you is what you are saying? The vmp is so good it kills just by walking and holding the trigger I see now.

Also it's hard to take anyone seriously using the word scrubs. Can we see a screen shot of your stats you must be a cod God. Will you be going pro?
Well there's no other word I can really say.
I don't want to say "fucking trash" because that's sort of mean.
And yeah? If you haven't noticed with a laser sight and stock you can actually just hose people down with the thing while never breaking flow.
The pro comment makes you seem as trying to just be obnoxious. I'm stating that I'm not bad at this game to show I'm not just a bad player whining that I can't get any kills. Because quite honestly it's literally just the VMP that I have issues with. I hardly run into M8A7 players but I understand how rediculous that gun is.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Well there's no other word I can really say.
I don't want to say "fucking trash" because that's sort of mean.
And yeah? If you haven't noticed with a laser sight and stock you can actually just hose people down with the thing while never breaking flow.
The pro comment makes you seem as trying to just be obnoxious. I'm stating that I'm not bad at this game to show I'm not just a bad player whining that I can't get any kills. Because quite honestly it's literally just the VMP that I have issues with. I hardly run into M8A7 players but I understand how rediculous that gun is.

I think the biggest reason for that is the VMP is the second SMG you unlock, whereas the M8 isn't unlocked until level 55.

I still run into the Pharo, Kuda, and KN-44 more than the VMP myself.

Xater

Me too, used to love barebones mode, all about gun play then, no perks, no attachments and no kill/score/death streaks. I miss them days. At least HCTDM doesnt get too many score streaks to worry about.

I like the score streaks, they just should not dominate. So being easy to take out is fine by me.

Also got the challenge done during uplink while being at the enemy spawn. So glad I can move on now. Gonna give Ripper a shot now.

Top Bottom