• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

BokehKing

Banned
VmFDFDT.jpg

Any gamer out there that want to be a star and stay a star, and don't have to worry about the bullets not killing, making all that noise, attracting enemy teammates, come to Death Row! Black Ops 3!
It's not so much that, but halo relies on your team to be in sync

Conisdering picking this up, the beta was pretty solid and hearing good things about the rest of the maps seems like a solid game.

Is there somewhere I can see exactly what I get with the Digital Deluxe version? I am going to purcahse digitally on PSN, but it's a little confusing on the store page to tell whether it's worth getting the more expensive version.

Ah thanks. Looks clearer to me. Halo in that sense looks more like a cheap buy later to taste the campaign then, not sure I can sustain competition in a multi-fps requesting more dedication than a couple of hours per week.

Halo 5 has rankings now (though they're wonky as I got placed in a tier I probably shouldn't have been in) but I'm not so sure how that'd work out for you.

It really depends on what you're looking for in a FPS. Halo 5 is much faster than the older titles and almost matches CoD in terms of the speed of the game, IMO. It's just a lot harder to do well in, especially if you're playing alone due to the teamwork required.

CoD is a mixed bag as well considering the network issues and absolute bullshit that you'll encounter, but will probably be much easier to pop in and out of with a higher possibility to do well.

Certinty

Realistic is so awesome and annoying at the same time. Seems like this will finally be a Call of Duty game which is hard.

Played on PS4 for a about an hour last night. Multi-player feels slightly slower than AW but I think it's better for it. It doesn't feel like total chaos, with people jumping around all over the place now, and the wall running and boost jump feels like it's designed to navigate the level more than just jump over people like in AW.

The campaign seems interesting, gives me a Ghost in the Shell vibe, will go through that at the weekend. Zombies looks like the same as in previous games but not really played it properly yet, so can't say how different it is.

The only annoying thing for me was the slow install times and the fact it installs Zombies first, then Multi-player and then Campaign last. I didn't play until late so was limited to what I could play before I went to bed because of this.

For anyone whos's not played it yet, I would load it up and leave it for an hour before you want to play, at least with the disc version anyway.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I can't believe its almost 2016 and dudes is still bunching up, crowding and shoulderfucking like its going out of style.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Conisdering picking this up, the beta was pretty solid and hearing good things about the rest of the maps seems like a solid game.

Is there somewhere I can see exactly what I get with the Digital Deluxe version? I am going to purcahse digitally on PSN, but it's a little confusing on the store page to tell whether it's worth getting the more expensive version.

You get:
- Nuketown PreOrder Bonus (until Nov 30th)
- Season Pass (including 4 map packs)
- A few customization items for BO3
- "The Giant" Zombie Map

Shauni

Anyone else having update issues on Xbox One? I started my download at a little after midnight and woke up this morning to see that my update was only at 6%. My connection is slow, but not that slow. I should've been able to download the 3 GB patch within 6 hours. Servers getting slamming maybe?

The Weevil is pretty amazing once you get the grip for it, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. And the maps are already really fun to play in the ~2 hours I've completed.

VmFDFDT.jpg

Any gamer out there that want to be a star and stay a star, and don't wanna have to worry about the bullets not killing, making all that noise, attracting enemy teammates, come to Death Row! Black Ops 3!

DEAD :lol

BokehKing

Banned
Anyone else having update issues on Xbox One? I started my download at a little after midnight and woke up this morning to see that my update was only at 6%. My connection is slow, but not that slow. I should've been able to download the 3 GB patch within 6 hours. Servers getting slamming maybe?
Set your Xbox to download and then turn it off
My halo 5 was doing the same thing until I did that
It's still going to take awhile but it's not going to hang

Actually when I did that not only did it speedily download halo 5 but also my sunset over drive as well

Victrix

*beard*
Played all night.

Game is fun.

Still don't like jetpacks and wall running, but they're muted here, not nearly as bad as AW.

Maps are usual 3 lane 3arc specials, but most are at least a bit more interesting than some of the worst offenders in their past games.

Super powers are ridiculous, they let good players crap on newbies even harder.

Streak point values are fairly well tuned, you gotta work to get bigger ones (made easier due to said super powers).

Really bad audio mix. REALLY bad. Had to crank the volume on my amp by 50% just to reach something approaching a 'normal' level for my home theater system. Everyone in my party complained about this, from home theaters to A50 headphone users. You can hear footsteps with awareness at least, which is cool!

Lots of problems joining party members constantly, NAT issues. Annoying :<

Not too impressed with the netcode either, feels worse than Ghosts, and not even half as good as Halo 5, kind of disappointed, I was expecting smooth dedicated servers everywhere. Maybe it'll smooth out over the weekend as more people get online and the population spreads? Not nearly as bad as BO2 or MW3 on launch at least.

Oh, and you can't rename your custom classes to anything because everything is considered profanity -_-

Good fun. I'd rank it below MW2 launch in terms of excitement, but above BO1, 2, Ghosts, or AW.

Shauni

Set your Xbox to download and then turn it off
My halo 5 was doing the same thing until I did that
It's still going to take awhile but it's not going to hang

Actually when I did that not only did it speedily download halo 5 but also my sunset over drive as well

Well, I'll give it a try I guess. I'm super disappointed. Was hoping to get some games in before work, but no way now.

BokehKing

Banned
Well, I'll give it a try I guess. I'm super disappointed. Was hoping to get some games in before work, but no way now.
What I'm about to say will make no sense what so ever but.....I also unplugged the Wire and switched to wifi

It shouldn't have downloaded faster but it did

im_dany

I wonder if reviewers that gave this game an 8 or more ever played a good online fps

Invisible walls everywhere, bad map design, camping is rewarded. Seriously?

Top Bottom