• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

MercuryLS

Banned
After using a lot of guns, my favourite is the Kuda with grip and quick draw. I like it because it has the advantages of an SMG (mobility, quick ADS, quick corner checking) with some of the feel of ARs. It's not the best gun in TTK, but it's so versatile and easy to use, it just feels great to play with it.

alatif113

After using a lot of guns, my favourite is the Kuda with grip and quick draw. I like it because it has the advantages of an SMG (mobility, quick ADS, quick corner checking) with some of the feel of ARs. It's not the best gun in TTK, but it's so versatile and easy to use, it just feels great to play with it.

My preferred is the pharro with silencer grip and rapid fire. I feel like the silencer has been nerfed into oblivion and is basically a hit marker attachment now.

i mean - i just flat disagree

its a matter of opinion though i suppose

i dont find myself getting shot in the back very often, and i feel like theres plenty of map control available to a coordinated team outside of combine

i mean, ive been watching the pro qualifiers, and i dont really see any of the complaints that youre mentioning - but to each their own

It's ok, I flatly disagree with you as well. Haha. And that's ok, we can have different opinions. :)

In Black ops 2, playing solo with an LMG, I could lock areas down basically by myself, and it's far more difficult in this game, and far more irritating, because the trouble isn't because of other people's skill being different, it's the mechanics of the game design. Even when I do really well I'm still irritated by all the bullshit sometimes. It's less fun.

Keep in mind, the pro teams are playing 4v4, not 6v6, even though they're playing on the same maps that we're playing 6v6, or 9v9 on in ground war. Though I guess free-for-all is different. I don't remember how many people play free-for-all though for sure, because I never play it. (Although arena is 4v4, but how many people play that anyway? Genuine question. I'd imagine it's not a lot of people. I could be totally wrong of course. Someone please correct me if I am.)

Ensoul

Vision Pulse tag kills are a nightmare. So many times I've been SURE I got one, nope...

They are. The pulse visions is pointless. They should have made it so:

A) Lasts much longer
B) Once you tag people they are tagged until you die (or they die)

I just don't see much benefit to using it. With the bow I could get 8 kills in a match with it. With the pulse visions I still have not gotten 10 kills and I have been trying for several hours.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

i dont find myself getting shot in the back very often, and i feel like theres plenty of map control available to a coordinated team outside of combine

i mean, ive been watching the pro qualifiers, and i dont really see any of the complaints that youre mentioning - but to each their own

Most people don't play with coordinated teams. Honestly what are the odds of you being able to or wanting to get a group together every time you want to play the game? Defensive play can be powerful, i agree with that. However map control goes out the window in 30 seconds of the game. You could pick off 5 dudes on the bridge on Hunted and as your team moves in you'll have 3 dudes on you from behind by the time you lowered your gun from having killed the last one. Player mobility exacerbates spawn flips and just naturally puts the perimiter/choke point player at a disadvantage.

Cerberus is pretty much useless right? I average like .7 kills before it gets destroyed or just times out. It moves around like a defective Roomba vacuum, it's terrible. Have you guys had any luck with it?

You need to pilot it yourself. It's one of the best scorestreaks for the points you need to earn it. It can get me anywhere between 10-15 kills if I'm controlling it myself. I think this along with Hardened sentry at the best lethal scorestreaks in the game.

Most people don't play with coordinated teams. Honestly what are the odds of you being able to or wanting to get a group together every time you want to play the game? Defensive play can be powerful, i agree with that. However map control goes out the window in 30 seconds of the game. You could pick off 5 dudes on the bridge on Hunted and as your team moves in you'll have 3 dudes on you from behind by the time you lowered your gun from having killed the last one. Player mobility exacerbates spawn flips and just naturally puts the perimiter/choke point player at a disadvantage.
Yup, I agree with you.

LordAmused

After playing mostly with the KN-44, I am now an avid user of the
Dredge-48

Wonderful weapon for my style of play.

Try it out!

Freiya

No, I mean, I believed that people complained in BO2 that is was very difficult to hear footsteps, and that they couldn't sound whore.

I still think it's totally cheating. As someone who has played with a headset, and a surround sound system, both with awareness, the headset makes an enormous difference and they're nowhere near the same.

People talk about bad spawns all the time. It's the maps and movement system. Make maps with tons of routes, add unlimited sprint and the movement system and it creates total chaos, and totally messes up the spawns. Can't fix bad spawns, when they're just the consequence of those other factors.
I use 5.1 setup and most of my kills come from listening to footsteps. I feel like the surround sound is amazing. What makes headphones better? I don't even understand how headphones could possibly have better surround than a speaker setup I'm sitting in the middle of.

Nokterian

Man,running around with a knife,pharo..ghost,hard wire and loudness with spectre using ripper is such a awesome feeling. Also playing with a headset i can hear footsteps loud and clear.

I use 5.1 setup and most of my kills come from listening to footsteps. I feel like the surround sound is amazing. What makes headphones better? I don't even understand how headphones could possibly have better surround than a speaker setup I'm sitting in the middle of.
Well I'd imagine yours is an exception, because I can't hear shit with mine. And there are many who swear by the headphone advantage.

Ultimately, I just want the advantage removed, for both surround sound and headphone users. Like I said in a previous post, I want the game to be more about actual gunfights, and not following the pitter patter of someone's footsteps so that someone can have the drop on them, and/or shoot them from behind with no actual gunfight occurring.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
"No one will believe you" - Complete on Realistic Difficulty.
"Earn all decorations"
well dang it, it is annoying but I guess I can do it.

Earn all decorations is the worst. Not just because of the challenging aspects, but because
you have to max out and get all camos for every gun, which means getting 650 kills for EVERY primary weapon in the campaign.

Nokterian

Well I'd imagine yours is an exception, because I can't hear shit with mine. And there are many who swear by the headphone advantage.

Ultimately, I just want the advantage removed, for both surround sound and headphone users. Like I said in a previous post, I want the game to be more about actual gunfights, and not following the pitter patter of someone's footsteps so that someone can have the drop on them, and/or shoot them from behind with no actual gunfight occurring.

Oh please if you want gunfights go play battlefield instead CoD always been about hearing them and i am no camper i hunt campers instead and flanking the other team is fucking great no shooting just stabby stabby. yes there are gunfights but the maps are medium to small and that is good enough even in distance but i am not the one who likes distance that much only in a few maps i switch weapons to XR-2 for example. It's a twitch shooter i like it.

I don't get shot in the back. This game has the least amount of "shot in the back" than any cod i can remember. There's so many ways to escape and flank people. If you're smart about watching where the team is spawning you can flank and get the drop on them a lot. Maybe i'm the one doing the shooting in the back, lol.

After playing mostly with the KN-44, I am now an avid user of the
Dredge-48

Wonderful weapon for my style of play.

Try it out!

I got so digusted with the KN-44 losing to everything.

It kills slower than the fast TTK weapons, it's not good at short range. It's not great at long range because of the side to side recoil, it's just not great at anything. I felt like I could win out vs some SMGs at a certain range but lose out to everything else.

The slug shotgun argus is my favorite for fun but the Burst Fire AR is my favorite overall.

Nokterian

I don't get shot in the back. This game has the least amount of "shot in the back" than any cod i can remember. There's so many ways to escape and flank people. If you're smart about watching where the team is spawning you can flank and get the drop on them a lot. Maybe i'm the one doing the shooting in the back, lol.

People also never watch the radar for some reason i watch every 2 or 3 seconds and listen if i hear anything coming also learn the maps and paths. I need to add from my previous post yeah i shoot also but i love flanking and use ripper.

Oh please if you want gunfights go play battlefield instead CoD always been about hearing them and i am no camper i hunt campers instead and flanking the other team is fucking great no shooting just stabby stabby. yes there are gunfights but the maps are medium to small and that is good enough even in distance but i am not the one who likes distance that much only in a few maps i switch weapons to XR-2 for example. It's a twitch shooter i like it.
That's funny, because I've been playing online since CoD 4, and that's not what CoD has "always been about" to me, and plenty of other people I'm sure. You're projecting.

Hunting campers eh? Well I like mowing down spazzers, who flail across the map with SMG's over and over again. It feel lame as fuck "hunting" people by their footsteps, getting kills on them basically because you have a huge advantage over them for no reason other than a dumb perk, and a piece of equipment that many people don't have or don't use. It's cheating, and that advantage should be eliminated. It's a twitch shooter that has traditionally catered to variety of play styles, and has slowly devolved more into one playstyle.

I love Battlefield too. Go to Battlefield if I want gunfights? This is a shooter. It's about gunfights largely. I have no idea how you could have thought "go to battlefield if you want gunfights" makes any sense at all.

Eww no way. I hate Fringe, and Standoff is one of my favorite maps in any CoD game probably. They are very different. It's also a map that shows how badly the movement system hurts power positions. There are four ways to get into the barn for instance. With people moving so fast, and being able to thrust into a window with the SMG, how on earth is someone supposed to defend against that? Especially when you get a kill, and people can get back to you as fast as ever, and try thrusting right into the window again.
The equivalent building in Standoff also has four entrances.

It has the same two window routes for the upper level and two entrances on the ground level that lead you to some stairs to the upper level.

Granted in Fringe this building is a lot more open and from the lower level you have visibility of the upper level but as I say they pretty much the same map structurally. Not claiming it is 1:1.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Untrue. CoD has been more about gunplay than any other mechanic until advanced warfare.

They are. The pulse visions is pointless. They should have made it so:

A) Lasts much longer
B) Once you tag people they are tagged until you die (or they die)

I just don't see much benefit to using it. With the bow I could get 8 kills in a match with it. With the pulse visions I still have not gotten 10 kills and I have been trying for several hours.
Eternal tagging would be way too powerful.

I'd like to see it extended but just a little bit, I'd also drop the fact that it shows up on the map before it sends out the pulse so the enemy team can avoid being tagged unless they're very close by.

I think though it is a very, very useful ability. It is a huge advantage in some modes and couple it with a smoke on an objective you've got yourself a thermal sight without the need for the attachment.

The equivalent building in Standoff also has four entrances.

It has the same two window routes for the upper level and two entrances on the ground level that lead you to some stairs to the upper level.

Granted in Fringe this building is a lot more open and from the lower level you have visibility of the upper level but as I say they pretty much the same map structurally. Not claiming it is 1:1.
I disagree totally.

Especially since standoff has the side building right in the middle, and the building over watching the C flag in domination. In this game you can float right into any window for one. For two, the routes on the sides are very different. The center of the map where the B flag is on fringe is totally cluttered as well.

They play very differently. The movement system makes fringe play even worse than it should too.

You are wrong. Flat out wrong. That isn't opinion: I want the game to remove SOUND EFFECTS because I don't use them. There is even a perk to amplify/remove sound effects, that is a core part of the game.

Then previously you complain about movement system being unlimited, creating chaos etc. Footsteps sound effects counter that by broadcasting your close proximity position to nearby enemies. You are literally trading movement advantage over positional/awareness advantage when you sprint.

Untrue. CoD has been more about gunplay than any other mechanic until advanced warfare.
Yup exactly. That comment made no sense at all. If I want gunfights I should stop playing a shooter to go play another shooter, both of which are centered around gunfights?

I mean, what?

You are wrong. Flat out wrong. That isn't opinion: I want the game to remove SOUND EFFECTS because I don't use them. There is even a perk to amplify/remove sound effects, that is a core part of the game.

Then previously you complain about movement system being unlimited, creating chaos etc. Footsteps sound effects counter that by broadcasting your close proximity position to nearby enemies. You are literally trading movement advantage over positional/awareness advantage when you sprint.
I'm not wrong in the slightest. You saying I'm wrong is simply your opinion, just an opinion, and that's it. I think you're wrong.

I never said I wanted the game to remove sound effects. I said I want those silly perks removed, and they sound mix altered so that no advantage is given. People complained in previous CoD games that they couldn't sound whore, and that's the way it should be.

Remove the movement system that harms the game, and make sound whoring not possible. Voila. Problem solved.

Kuda still #1 for me. But the ICR with right attachments gets me close. Feels like the SCAR gun from past CODs. (I know nothing about guns disclaimer)

I wanna do it so if you wanna co-op, let me know.

I would but my internet is horrible! Just yesterday I was 3/4 of the way through the first chapter and it said "You have lost connection with servers" it took me back to main menu and I had to restart the entire game..even make a character again. What happened to all those saves that I had?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I would but my internet is horrible! Just yesterday I was 3/4 of the way through the first chapter and it said "You have lost connection with servers" it took me back to main menu and I had to restart the entire game..even make a character again. What happened to all those saves that I had?

The game uses separate saves for when you are and aren't connected to the server. Make sure you're reconnected (there should be a go online button in the main menu) then try again.

RS4-

Just level up a sniper rifle until you get FMJ, silencer and thermal. And only use that. Sure it's slower paced, but it's faster compared to dying and reloading dozens of times.

As for the tac rig, I actually used Emergency Reserves. It pretty much gives you a second life; if you make it to one of those ammo crates that let you change loadouts, you can get another emergency reserve if you used your first one. Repulsor is pretty good too.

For cybercore, I pretty much spammed immolation and swarm. Camo and smokescreen is good too, but I don't think it's feasible in realistic, especially if you're just using thermal sniper.

I really love this game.

I just tried the Gorgon and it appears to be amazing even though it fires slow. I'm afraid to put a silencer on it in case that nerfs it to oblivion. I'm still not sure exactly how badly silencer affect guns.

E.G The sniper rifles. . .I really want to snipe but sniping unsilenced means everyone knows where you are - which kind of ruins the sniping. If you put a silencer on do you make them two hit kills?

Nokterian

My preferred is the pharro with silencer grip and rapid fire. I feel like the silencer has been nerfed into oblivion and is basically a hit marker attachment now.

I love the pharo..still need to unlock a few things but can't go back to other smg's..same goes to assault rifles with XR-2 that thing is a beast.

jorgejjvr

Really looking forward to the new maps

Hate to admit it, but prestige 5 now, and I'm getting a bit worn off

Edit: just like the post above, xr2 and pharo are go to guns for me

z3phon

I can't ever seem to find Mosh Pit arena games on PS4. Anyone else have issues finding games in Arena. It's always taking forever to find a game or simply never does. I have Open Nat so I don't think it's a problem on my side.

Jblanks

Well until someone earned the overpowered killstreaks/scorestreaks, and then could just chain them together.. that didn't involve a lot of gunfighting. BLOPS3 has more gunplay because the scorestreaks aren't an automatic game over for the team who didn't earn any. I actually remember saying this to a friend during the beta, on how there seems to be a lot more gun to gun action than previous CoDs.

Calabi

One thing I dont understand playing these games is why dont the majority of players understand flanking?

If you have a map with four lanes and routes then it seems the majority(90 percent) of players will go straight down the middle lanes head on straight at the enemy like lemmings.

Jblanks

One thing I dont understand playing these games is why dont the majority of players understand flanking?

If you have a map with four lanes and routes then it seems the majority(90 percent) of players will go straight down the middle lanes head on straight at the enemy like lemmings.

Yea, or when everyone runs to the flag they spawn on, and not run to B. I always just book it too B, and when I'm playing with a couple friends, one of them will run the flank and cover it, while I and my other friend take B or try to. I mean if you don't get B off the start, it allows the other team to setup, and makes it very hard to gain back B if the other team is half decent.

Hopefully this never changes. I start every aquarium with a silenced SMG and pretty much obliterate a normal team sitting in the choke points. Always one person watching flank. Once they are gone, its time for the slaughter.

Lack of knife kills still drives me mad in this game. I usually use slow draw weapons and have a mid-range style. In former games, the ability to knife faster than the other guy when surprised around a corner was my go-to. Now it's pretty much death thanks to poor hipfire.

jorgejjvr

Hopefully this never changes. I start every aquarium with a silenced SMG and pretty much obliterate a normal team sitting in the choke points. Always one person watching flank. Once they are gone, its time for the slaughter.

Lack of knife kills still drives me mad in this game. I usually use slow draw weapons and have a mid-range style. In former games, the ability to knife faster than the other guy when surprised around a corner was my go-to. Now it's pretty much death thanks to poor hipfire.
Smg hip fire is great tho?

That's also where spectre ripper comes in

Tesser

If these hit detection issues with my game don't improve soon, I may as well just sell my copy because 9/10 games I play just depress me in how many unfair deaths there are. "Oh what's that, you shot nearly an entire magazine into an opponent? Sorry, doesn't count. But your opponent's two/three rounds from a sub-machine gun that kill you, yeh that counts."

And no amount of wireless/wired shifting seems to improve. Perhaps my northern middle-of-nowhere attributes aren't worthy enough, but the first month or so the online worked fine - K:D averaging around 2.5:1. It's only in the past week or so where the quality has just plummeted significantly.

Also, never ceases to amaze me how many people can't comprehend or grasp the nature of objective-based modes.

Top Bottom