• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

jm89

The previous matchmaking system was fine, a lot of us were happy why change it? Every game is now packed with try hards.

SBMM is a massive change to how the multiplayer works, it's something that should have been implemented from the beginning and not 2 months after release.

eek5

FQgnuHI.png

back to normal for me lol

PSYGN

Really? Crazy if they removed SBMM so quickly, I expected them to leave it for a few weeks before making a proper decision.

My guess: It was too strong and they got a lot of negative responses so they turned it off for now. They'll probably bring it back to a much lesser effect. They wouldn't bring it back this far after release unless they intended on using and tweaking it some more. Vonderhaar specifically mentioned "matchmaking tweaks" so I don't think it's a mistake, even though apparently there's a big red button on their matchmaking servers that allows them to bring back and remove AW's matchmaking algorithm with a simple press.

PSYGN

What is a good perk to use for perk 2?

For TDM and KC, I use hardwired and ante up. I used to use Fast Hands until I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5euvGa-A9w

Basically Fast Hands only helps with hipfiring (or if you use quickdraw which I also don't feel the need to with SMGs). I don't carry tactical stuff so the faster equipment deployment is no use to me. I rush with the Kuda and aim most of the time before I shoot so the hipfire downside of not having Fast Hands ended up negligible for me.

I'm 415spm and 4.15kd in TDM and 700spm and I think 5kd in KC solo play or with my brother. For those of you who think Fast Hands is a must, try a game without it and you might be surprised when you're still winning gunfights. Of course if you're always hipfiring into your shots then it'll hurt not to have it. I still hipfire my shots when I'm really close but my SMG hipfire movement speeds and jumps make me a hard target up close anyway so it buys me that slight extra time before I can hipfire. Try without Fast Hands. I didn't remove it until like a month later and am still beastin.

For TDM and KC, I use hardwired and ante up. I used to use Fast Hands until I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5euvGa-A9w

Basically Fast Hands only helps with hipfiring. I don't carry tactical stuff so the faster equipment deployment is no use to me. I rush with the Kuda and aim most of the time before I shoot so the hipfire downside of not having Fast Hands ended up negligible for me.

I'm 415spm and 4.15kd in TDM and 700spm and I think 5kd in KC solo play or with my brother. For those of you who think Fast Hands is a must, try a game without it and you might be surprised when you're still winning gunfights. Of course if you're always hipfiring into your shots then it'll hurt not to have it. I still hipfire my shots when I'm really close but my SMG hipfire movement speeds make me a hard target up close anyway.

Remember that fast hands + QuickDraw DOES make you aim/put your gun up faster after sprinting (as told in the video), but ONLY if you use both fast hands and QuickDraw. So yeah, fast hands and QuickDraw allow you to aim faster after sprinting if you use them both.
In other words, it doesn't help with just hipfire, but it helps you actually aim quicker after sprinting when using QuickDraw.

PSYGN

Remember that fast hands + QuickDraw DOES make you aim/put your gun up faster after sprinting (as told in the video), but ONLY if you use both fast hands and QuickDraw. So yeah, fast hands and QuickDraw allow you to aim faster after sprinting if you use them both.
In other words, it doesn't help with just hipfire, but it helps you actually aim quicker after sprinting when using QuickDraw.

Yeah, I've edited that part in my post before your reply, but after believing it to be a crutch perk and removing it a few weeks ago (for public matches) I didn't feel at a disadvantage even though I rush a lot. Crutch to me is Toughness or Ready Up in CoD:Ghosts. I was surprised when I realized that removing Ready Up didn't impact my performance at all in TDM/KC, but ymmv. Having Ante Up instead, I just get my scorestreaks 1 kill quicker, so I don't die when I'm one off to a scorestreak... actually, I still do! ;) It's always one off, isn't it?

I will say this, I only use silencer and stock on my Kuda. I usually die in gunfights when I run out of ammo in my magazine when there's three people rushing me.

A whole lot of misinformation going on about SBMM. Stop running with your assumptions about how things work and putting them forth as truths. As far as I know, Treyarch hasn't revealed exactly how their algorithm works, and what it looks for exactly when grouping players, but I do know that connection takes priority over SBMM, and skill based matchmaking has existed in the series since at least MW2; I didn't start hearing any complaints about SBMM until AW because I'm assuming people were grasping at straws as to why the connection quality was so bad there.

A whole lot of misinformation going on about SBMM. Stop running with your assumptions about how things work and putting them forth as truths. As far as I know, Treyarch hasn't revealed exactly how their algorithm works, and what it looks for exactly when grouping players, but I do know that connection takes priority over SBMM, and skill based matchmaking has existed in the series since at least MW2; I didn't start hearing any complaints about SBMM until AW because I'm assuming people were grasping at straws as to why the connection quality was so bad there.

With all due respect, I'm almost certain when I say that there was no doubt that Advanced Warfare had SBMM.

Rixxan

halfway to max prestige report

meh, if i didn't waste the majority of my time using shit guns for camo's these would probably be a fair amount better, but whatever, still loving the game

2Pkg3ZH.jpg

Lemnisc8

I'm lttp!

Do we have any PS4 hardcore players in here? TDM? I love hardcore in this game. It's so easy to be killed and get kills so the strategy and weapon choice is really important.

Any hardcore game tips gaffers have? any weapon tips? My top choices: brm, man o war, razorback. They are my 3 go to weapons. Almost always with stock (which I find really important in HC)... I have about a million different classes for different things and I'd be interested on a discussion.

Also...

I'm really sick of coming top of my team and losing. It doesn't matter how well or not well I do, I'm paired with timmy no thumbs and they go 4-16 and 7-19.

Sigh.

Anyone who fancies someone who is at least reasonable then hit me up (PS4)

tUKEGib

eek5

holy shit post that screenshot

700spm? lmfao - that has to be top 100 ranked worldwide on the leaderboard

Leaderboards are all jacked up because there is no minimum kill so probably not top 100 worldwide but there are only 30 dudes on Xbox One that have over 700spm in KC with at least 2k kills. Pretty elite company to be in.

Rixxan

Leaderboards are all jacked up because there is no minimum kill so probably not top 100 worldwide but there are only 30 dudes on Xbox One that have over 700spm in KC with at least 2k kills. Pretty elite company to be in.

yeah my SPM for KC is like 520 and i rarely if ever see anyone in the lobby higher than mine, thats why im so impressed by his 700

figured to get 700SPM youd need to play nonstop nuketown

That moment when I have to overcome two enemy HATRs, a RAPs deploy ship, a Cerberus, a GI Unit, and countless UAVs/CUAVs in order to barely win a game by earning a last second Wraith, RAPs deploy ship, and Mothership of my own at the last second.

Honestly, if it wasn't due to the lucky streak I got near the end, we wouldn't have won. All those gun and streak kills got me a chain kill, which was nice. Speaking of which, if I get a chain kill (9+ rapid kills), are you telling me that I don't also unlock everything before (the 7 and 8 rapid kill calling cards weren't unlocked...)? If so, that's incredibly stupid.

I'll be posting the video of that match soon, to show that SBMM really does still exist as of now.

Hazaku

I'm lttp!

Do we have any PS4 hardcore players in here? TDM? I love hardcore in this game. It's so easy to be killed and get kills so the strategy and weapon choice is really important.

Any hardcore game tips gaffers have? any weapon tips? My top choices: brm, man o war, razorback. They are my 3 go to weapons. Almost always with stock (which I find really important in HC)... I have about a million different classes for different things and I'd be interested on a discussion.

Also...

I'm really sick of coming top of my team and losing. It doesn't matter how well or not well I do, I'm paired with timmy no thumbs and they go 4-16 and 7-19.

Sigh.

Anyone who fancies someone who is at least reasonable then hit me up (PS4)

tUKEGib

Unintentional team kills ...

Avoid using tripmines. You'll get a few trolls on your team who'll shoot your tripmines within close proximity to them. Which leads to team kills ...

Be weary around teammates if you're using care packages. You'll get a few scumbags who'll wait under the dropzone in order to get you kicked and steal your care package lol.

Be careful with using trophy systems on HC dom as well. That shit can also kill teammates.

Avoid guns with slow RPM apart from the man o war.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0BGNu0Jo

Here's the video of the match I told you about. Everyone seemed to be equal level...or hopefully at the very least it was just that my teammates were awful. I wasn't playing too seriously after awhile since I figured the game had reached the point of no return, but picked myself back up when I saw there was a chance. Granted, perhaps it is a placebo, but generally speaking the entire enemy team was able to do well, get powerful streaks, and outgun me often. That is why I stay true to my initial statement that there is some SBMM left.

I hope that watching the video will help you guys understand the effort I had to put in and the struggle I've had to deal with all day (and every game), especially in games like the one shown, where I'm the one and only hope that my team has for pulling off a win.

Edit: I had to get the footage off theater mode, and it was my first time doing that, so forget any weird things that happen relating to theater mode.

Jblanks

halfway to max prestige report

meh, if i didn't waste the majority of my time using shit guns for camo's these would probably be a fair amount better, but whatever, still loving the game

2Pkg3ZH.jpg

Damn I thought my 2.15 KD was good (has gone down .15 from going for camos).

My SPM is 375 which I would say is really good considering I mostly play GW, which 1/3 of the games are Safeguard, and good luck getting anywhere close to 300 SPM in that.

I got a 443 SPM in Dom, but in SG I got a 250... Got a 585 in HP (albeit small sample), maybe I should just play that lol

Top Bottom