• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0BGNu0Jo

Here's the video of the match I told you about. Everyone seemed to be equal level...or hopefully at the very least it was just that my teammates were awful. I wasn't playing too seriously after awhile since I figured the game had reached the point of no return, but picked myself back up when I saw there was a chance. Granted, perhaps it is a placebo, but generally speaking the entire enemy team was able to do well, get powerful streaks, and outgun me often. That is why I stay true to my initial statement that there is some SBMM left.

I hope that watching the video will help you guys understand the effort I had to put in and the struggle I've had to deal with all day (and every game), especially in games like the one shown, where I'm the one and only hope that my team has for pulling off a win.

Edit: I had to get the footage off theater mode, and it was my first time doing that, so forget any weird things that happen relating to theater mode.
Goddamn. What an amazing run there at the end. you were 38-31 and ended on 63-31.. insane.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol OMG! No wonder i was doing so poorly today. I was losing half of my gun battles and thought they had nerfed the HVK or something. But then I used my trusty vesper and same thing.

I had just one game when i had a 5 KDR and I played the hell of out that round. Sudden activation of SSMM explains everything lol.

Sorral

Man, SBMM is going to fuck up with how I play.

I don't care for the best guns/abilities and for my own SPM, so I would rather keep on unlocking calling cards while still being above average with a positive k/d and doing objectives. SBMM is going to make that a loooot worse than it really should be. :/

AW was more about using the best variants of guns over and over, which slowly killed the enjoyment of the game. I used the ASMR9 with the built-in extended mag too much towards the end of my play in AW.

Nokterian

Oh man do i had some great runs yesterday best yet in a long time few times being first but also taking my step not to rush much and use more of awareness and sixth sense with the use of my headset.

Nabs

I really feel bad for the free weekend-ers who have to deal with my bullshit. Locus + Thermal + Awareness can get pretty dumb sometimes.

Jblanks

I really feel bad for the free weekend-ers who have to deal with my bullshit. Locus + Thermal + Awareness can get pretty dumb sometimes.

As someone going for Diamond sniper currently why do you prefer Locus over the SVG ?

I liked the SVG a lot more.

Also I'm finding a difference of not using Fast Hands compared to using it, not that big of a difference though, but I still like using it.

Hazaku

^^ Yeah I haven't really noticed SBMM (if it's still in the game). Overall SPM is only 315 though and 352 in Hardcore gametypes which is all I've been playing for the past few weeks.

Nabs

As someone going for Diamond sniper currently why do you prefer Locus over the SVG ?

I liked the SVG a lot more.

Also I'm finding a difference of not using Fast Hands compared to using it, not that big of a difference though, but I still like using it.

I haven't had much of a chance to play with the SVG yet. I'll get to it before I prestige again.

funkypie

Banned
why do people actually care about KTD ratio in a game like cod? I cared once in MW2 when I was younger and would compare mine to my real life friends. Now I just think why? lol

you could have the worst stats then improve so much then just stomp everyone every game.

And I much prefer SSMB, I hope they don't cave and disable it.

Nokterian

why do people actually care about KTD ratio in a game like cod? I cared once in MW2 when I was younger and would compare mine to my real life friends. Now I just think why? lol

you could have the worst stats then improve so much then just stomp everyone every game.

And I much prefer SSMB, I hope they don't cave and disable it.

I never cared and never will really i just play the game i feel to myself when i becoming better at the game over time a few statistic doesn't say your good when you play and feel confident of yourself to exceed what you did and go beyond that will make you a better player.

fozzy

I wonder if some sort of add sbmm button before you searched could work or be popular.

Like if you've warmed up and want a bit more of a challenge for a bit.

Meccs

Just tried the multiplayer because of the free weekend on Steam. What a letdown. Plays like a mix between Titanfall and CoD:AW which isn't a bad thing but it's the same old shit again. I thought I really would be excited to play another Black Ops game but I just found out I'm over that kind of gameplay. Good think they had the free weekend, almost picked it up since some Key Shops have it for ~30 bucks already.

I usually like to play pretty casually, listening to music or a podcast, but I still manage to pull a little under a 2 k/d in TDM so this matchmaking update is a nightmare. Constantly feel like I have to play with sound and one of the 3 or 4 best guns in the game or I'm just being destroyed.
God forbid if you had to play with equally skilled players huh? That would be terrible...
Some people... Jesus Christ...

Noobs got Combat Training, they don't need sbmm because they'll never get better that way lmaooooo. I can't believe I'm seeing posts like that on other sites, just say you like beating up on bad players and stop trying to rationalize why sbmm is bad, other than you just want to have fun at the expense of the majority of the player base. It's so disingenuous and douchey.

Getting headshots with the Dredge is incredibly frustrating. It seems to be almost all about luck. I also hate this gun a lot and I can't wait not to use it any more. I'm going to hate getting bloodthirsty medals with this.

And that's also my issue with skill based matchmaking. You have to use the gun that is the most powerful at any given moment or you won't be able to do a thing, so dark matter camo is out of reach. Dingo is the worst weapon in the game and nobody is going to get bloodthirsty medals with it if there's high skilled players on the other team.

geordiemp

I noticed in TDM most games I got befre this weekend were 15 ms ping.

All of a sudden most games become, 40,50, or 60 ms ping, more hit markers, more jerky movements.....SBMM is not priority connection, its a half way house, and it plays like shit.

Advanced Warfare almost killed COD popularity....looks like 3arc want a piece of that action...dumb idiots.

Nokterian

How can it be that there is SBMM? Before the game released they said in many interviews there wouldn't be any. How does it come that they added it all of a sudden? is there proof? When did they removed it again? I do not see it at all or noticed it on PS4 when playing this week.

geordiemp

How can it be that there is SBMM? Before the game released they said in many interviews there wouldn't be any. How does it come that they added it all of a sudden? is there proof? When did they removed it again? I do not see it at all or noticed it on PS4 when playing this week.

Pretty easy really...

1. you can create a new account, reverse boost and check the lobby you get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOiDZnjSAZU&feature=youtu.be

Hilarious.

2. You can check the SPM / KD of lobbies you get and how many games are found.

With high KD players the 50 available games goes to 2 and they are waiting 5 minutes for a game. The spread of SPM and KD tells you everything

3. You will notice poor pings more often

I noticed it immediately, UK player I get 15 ms ping in TDM every game or less. Over this weekend I start getting 50 or 75 and a disgusting 100 ms ping. Hit markers and janky for days.

4. Everybody noticed it immediately

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8wV89SKXgY

They have reverted the weekend patch...for now. Usual arguments of dummies vs dummies, pub stompers,,,,,and good players cannot get matches and everyone lags, and players reverse boost so they can get nuclears really easy...

Its crap...they justv need to make sure connection is no 1 and then balance out the teams...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I'm honestly not sure if there's been any real proof. I haven't noticed a difference, well actually the games have been a whole lot smoother for me since it was "added".

geordiemp

I'm honestly not sure if there's been any real proof. I haven't noticed a difference, well actually the games have been a whole lot smoother for me since it was "added".

Usual argument of I want easy games cos I am low KD vs pub stompers want easy games.

The truth is connection goes to shit...as players are matched further away in distance and ping goes up, number of available games goes down.

If you have a KD near 2 those 50 available games become 2, kd of 1 you will not notice other than other players are also very average, and dyou will get laggier games

COD AW lost the COD player base because of this, Bo3 was a return to form....

SBMM was patched in and removed this weekend, all within a day.

Nokterian

Pretty easy really...

1. you can create a new account, reverse boost and check the lobby you get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOiDZnjSAZU&feature=youtu.be

Hilarious.

2. You can check the SPM / KD of lobbies you get and how many games are found.

With high KD players the 50 available games goes to 2 and they are waiting 5 minutes for a game. The spread of SPM and KD tells you everything

3. You will notice poor pings more often

I noticed it immediately, UK player I get 15 ms ping in TDM every game or less. Over this weekend I start getting 50 or 75 and a disgusting 100 ms ping. Hit markers and janky for days.

4. Everybody noticed it immediately

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8wV89SKXgY

They have reverted the weekend patch...for now. Usual arguments of dummies vs dummies, pub stompers,,,,,and good players cannot get matches and everyone lags, and players reverse boost so they can get nuclears really easy...

Its crap...they justv need to make sure connection is no 1 and then balance out the teams...

Ah now i know why i stopped playing AW..good thing they removed it then because i play cod for fun not for skill even if you have better players sometimes in a match that happens but depending on skill than i agree do not let it invade on normal matchmaking keep that in Arena.

Usual argument of I want easy games cos I am low KD vs pub stompers want easy games.

The truth is connection goes to shit...as players are matched further away in distance and ping goes up, number of available games goes down.

If you have a KD near 2 those 50 available games become 2, kd of 1 you will not notice other than other players are also very average, and dyou will get laggier games

COD AW lost the COD player base because of this, Bo3 was a return to form....

SBMM was patched in and removed this weekend, all within a day.
You need more then personal anecdotes to prove that connection goes to shit when you add one small variable to the numerous others in the matchmaking algorithm.The few times you go into matchmaking and only get two or 3 matches available could be due to any number of reasons, yet you're singling out these few times as proof you're being screwed because of this preconceived notion that sbmm is already screwing you over; before you were probably just ignoring these few instances where you couldn't find many available matches.

Also, where did this idea that just because you might have a 2.0+ k/d that you're now limited to a pool of other players with the same k.d or skill level? It's more reasonable to assume (imo) that matchmaking matches teams based on collective skill level;with players of varying individual skill; rather than just taking individual skill levels and just pitting them against each other.

geordiemp

You need more then personal anecdotes to prove that connection goes to shit when you add one small variable to the numerous others in the matchmaking algorithm.The few times you go into matchmaking and only get two or 3 matches available could be due to any number of reasons, yet you're singling out these few times as proof you're being screwed because of this preconceived notion that sbmm is already screwing you over; before you were probably just ignoring these few instances where you couldn't find many available matches.

Also, where did this idea that just because you might have a 2.0+ k/d that you're now limited to a pool of other players with the same k.d or skill level? It's more reasonable to assume (imo) that matchmaking matches teams based on collective skill level;with players of varying individual skill; rather than just taking individual skill levels and just pitting them against each other.

No, go read reddit, there are maybe 50 threads on the subject. Everybody who is a regular good COD player noticed it immediately

I have numbers, KD of 2, 6 th prestige, 12,000 kills.

TDM UK 100 MB BT fibre in London, I check ping every game in match, always < 20 ms. Always finds 50 games.

On Friday and saturday after the patch, 2 games found, games of up to 100 ms.

Even Tmrtn confirmed it, and he is close with the COD devs.

Today patch is gone, back to 16 ms ping and 50 games found immediately , varied SPM and KD in lobbies...no filtering

And you evidence is based on what exactly ?

Also, where did this idea that just because you might have a 2.0+ k/d that you're now limited to a pool of other players with the same k.d or skill level? It's more reasonable to assume (imo) that matchmaking matches teams based on collective skill level;with players of varying individual skill; rather than just taking individual skill levels and just pitting them against each other

Answer COD AW did this, every game if you were KD of 2, your lobby was full of 1.5 to 2.5 KD players. Go watch drift0r video he did some stats on the algorithm. SH admitted it in tweets and forums...Go watch all the reverse boosting videos and bans given out by SH for intentionally killing yourself.

COD Bo3 Vondeharr said they would not use AW algorithms (tweet), but this Friday he said they would teak match making...and we got AW match making for a day...and everyone went batshit...

Calabi

Are people really sure that Skill based matchmaking was in. I mean surely the game is going to get harder as it goes along anyway. The rubbish players are going to quit or just stop playing. There's going to be fewer players to choose from the longer it is out. All players are just going to learn and get better.

geordiemp

Are people really sure that Skill based matchmaking was in. I mean surely the game is going to get harder as it goes along anyway. The rubbish players are going to quit or just stop playing. There's going to be fewer players to choose from the longer it is out. All players are just going to learn and get better.

If you have say a 300 SPM and say a 2 KD, and every game for 3 months has a variable lobby from 65 SPM to 700 and kds from 3 to 0.2. That is clearly not SBMM but they can still balance the teams....

Then 3arc tweet they are changing match making....flip a switch and everybody has approximately 2 KD in your lobby, no 0.3 players at all...and pings in game double and treble...

Yeah its pretty obvious.

So they removed it overnight it seems? I didn't notice it yet on PS4.
I didn't notice any change at all, my lobbies were all just as similar as they were beforehand. Wide variety of SPM (about a 200 SPM spread - 400-180), but a tighter range of KDs (0.8-1.5 I would estimate, harder to work out without the figure!). It has been like that since launch, was like it the night everyone was going mad over SBMM and is still like it now.

I only play HC Dom though, I would imagine that HC probably has a higher concentration of non-nooby players.

Randam

how do I get ride of that fucking green arrow next to create a class?

do I need to buy class set 2?
can I even buy that without real money?

Nokterian

Alright my matches has gone to shit all of a sudden or i am in teams with very bad players overall. I noticed that before i shoot i got shot first and it is even worse than yesterday i also noticed that a lot of my teammates are warping because of their connection.

No_Style

I wonder why it was implemented after launch. Were they still figuring it out?

I know why they would want to introduce it now though. They can't afford to alienate the influx of new players coming in. Being bombarded with multiple Motherships and RAPS deployments across multiple matches isn't going make to a fun Christmas morning.

I'm also curious what the percentage of players are being affected by this change. How many 2.0+ KDR people are out there compared to the rest? 10%? 20%? Less? It's been fine for my brother and I but we're sub-2.0 KDR players. Treyarch are going to introduce this and while it may be a flawed implementation, some sort of SBMM needs to be done to keep the larger player base coming back.

Calabi

I didn't notice any change at all, my lobbies were all just as similar as they were beforehand. Wide variety of SPM (about a 200 SPM spread - 400-180), but a tighter range of KDs (0.8-1.5 I would estimate, harder to work out without the figure!). It has been like that since launch, was like it the night everyone was going mad over SBMM and is still like it now.

I only play HC Dom though, I would imagine that HC probably has a higher concentration of non-nooby players.

Neither did I've always been usually either 3rd or 4th or bottom, sometimes really occasionally first, depending on map and weapon. I'm usually always against really good players have to flank to get kills most of the time. Maybe it only effects the higher KD players?

guess sbmm is gone? got another nuclear a minute ago, didn't even realize it until the game ended - wasn't paying attention to the streak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzZ9yC8JI1U

My goodness, how are people this good?

Is it just the case of the opponents being very poor players? I feel like I would easily lose some of these gunfights, especially due to having multiple enemies engage me at once (which seems to often happen in this game since enemies spawn next to each other and move down the same lanes)

Rixxan

My goodness, how are people this good?

Is it just the case of the opponents being very poor players? I feel like I would easily lose some of these gunfights, especially due to having multiple enemies engage me at once (which seems to often happen in this game since enemies spawn next to each other and move down the same lanes)

appreciate that

i dunno, most of yesterday i was playing against great players, and i think in that clip the best two players on the opposing team left early

i play a lot of kill confirmed and as far as leaderboards go, Ive seen a handful of people with higher KC SPM than mine, but never with both a higher SPM and KDR

thats why i was so interested to see that person in this thread who said their Kill Confirmed KDR was 5.0+ with a SPM of 700+

unbelievable numbers (like, literally unbelievable)

Rixxan

its slightly better than it was, but yes i personally would still agree that its the worst of the lot

decent at mid range, horrid up close, without rapid fire its entirely useless imo

Uhh..yess, please never use it because its so bad ... :)

I was going to post how good it is now; I was wrecking yesterday with a silencer on it, I think it's great, and in my top 3 SMGs.

I'm on the same boat as you, sir. I find it to be quite an excellent firearm.

(I tried it out for the first time in a while and it was great, which was why I asked)

fozzy

You can always guarantee 1 person to leave on your team and never be replaced in this fucking game.

It really does make all the difference in a great game of domination where everyone is pulling their weight.

Top Bottom