• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Radec

What's a greater achievement?

1. A nuclear Calling Card
2. An animated Master Killer Calling Card
3. A Nuked Out (nuclear in FFA) Calling Card

I ask because I'm one quad feed from Master Killer, and I'm wondering if I should stick with that animated Calling Card or if I should go for Nuked Out. Ugh, I wished they kept the showcase from BO2 that let you put three calling cards for show aside from the one you were already using. Sadly, in this game it seems you can only pick one, so which should it be?

Nuked out seems the hardest one and rarest. But the calling card isn't animated(i think)

I'm still 2 quads and 19 merciless away, so still a bit long to go. Good thing Nuclear isn't part of the master killer. I wouldn't be able to get it if it is. lol

That feel when the majority of the team isn't trying to cap points :(

That's it for today, it's jorgejjvr's turn. Sorry for doing average, it seems it just wasn't my night. It's frustrating, because I feel like I would've definitely gotten my streaks faster if my teammates would actually be more focused on objective play as opposed to being meat bags for the enemy to get streaks with.

eek5

So is rejack considered the worst ability?

I wonder if it would have been too much overkill to keep the scorestreak going upon revival

blood thirsty counts towards challenges (I don't think you get medal) if you're trying to unlock gun camos.... so that's something i guess

PSYGN

appreciate that

i dunno, most of yesterday i was playing against great players, and i think in that clip the best two players on the opposing team left early

i play a lot of kill confirmed and as far as leaderboards go, Ive seen a handful of people with higher KC SPM than mine, but never with both a higher SPM and KDR

thats why i was so interested to see that person in this thread who said their Kill Confirmed KDR was 5.0+ with a SPM of 700+

unbelievable numbers (like, literally unbelievable)

If you're talking about me then I reported wrong especially in KD http://i.imgur.com/WwF3mZv.jpg. I also only have 1070 kills in that mode. My main mode is TDM with 20k kills in it. I'm sure if I played it more it will raise higher like all modes where you have to learn the nuances in player movement and pattern. I think I can get above 700spm but over 5kd would be tougher if I wanted to maintain high spm. KC is very easy to get killstreaks in compared to TDM, though. I just run Ante Up and Combat Focus and get the HATR/RAPS and it becomes easy to loop back into another one. Maybe we can play together sometimes. My PSN is DisguisedLimit. I usually play solo or with my brother (Box_of_Turtles) but it would be cool to play with other GAF players that play TDM or KC. I don't have Nuketown, though.

I got the wrench melee weapon in a supply drop the other day. Quite fun to go around bonking people with it. But is there a point to having a knife/wrench in your secondary over just fists? Seems like it just takes up one of your 10 picks that could be better spent on something else.

Also, where is good for grinding kills while climbing over something? I got all the other challenges for wall running and stuff pretty quick but still only got 23 mantling kills.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I got the wrench melee weapon in a supply drop the other day. Quite fun to go around bonking people with it. But is there a point to having a knife/wrench in your secondary over just fists? Seems like it just takes up one of your 10 picks that could be better spent on something else.

Knife/other dedicated melee weapon is a 1-hit kill in all circumstances. Fists/gun butt is a 2-hit kill except from behind or against an injured opponent (literally it just takes 1 bullet to turn it into a 1-hit kill).

I do think the knife doesn't carry enough benefits to justify equipping it against a proper gun sidearm or a perk or something, but I'm not sure how I would go about balancing it. Maybe make it a little faster between swipes.

Knife/other dedicated melee weapon is a 1-hit kill in all circumstances. Fists/gun butt is a 2-hit kill except from behind or against an injured opponent (literally it just takes 1 bullet to turn it into a 1-hit kill).

I do think the knife doesn't carry enough benefits to justify equipping it against a proper gun sidearm or a perk or something, but I'm not sure how I would go about balancing it. Maybe make it a little faster between swipes.

Ah, I play almost exclusively on hardcore mode so the damage must be increased for fists. I do miss the riot shield though, bashing people with that while capping a point in domination was a highlight of black ops 2.

So if you have Awareness on, you can hear people with dead silence.... SMH.
Been that was in the past few CODs now.

I disagree with it, but it is consistent. So if you take other perks like Tracker or Sixth Sense then Hard Wired will weaken these, but not totally counter them.

Also, where is good for grinding kills while climbing over something? I got all the other challenges for wall running and stuff pretty quick but still only got 23 mantling kills.
The windows on Fringe by the B-flag, maybe. When the enemy tries to capture B they'll typically go next to one of the truck, which you have line-of-sight for from the windows, which I've had a tonne of defends from so I guess just hop out of the window while you do it.

The windows on Fringe by the B-flag, maybe. When the enemy tries to capture B they'll typically go next to one of the truck, which you have line-of-sight for from the windows, which I've had a tonne of defends from so I guess just hop out of the window while you do it.

Yeah, Fringe is where I've got most of the kills I've got. Usually run through the tunnel and jump into the barn window and take out any snipers there, then head toward B and in through the windows there. Need to find people with their backs to ledges really to get the kills.

Does anyone know how long a gap between the thrust jump and the slide can be to get the combinatorial challenge? After a thrust jump I don't have enough power to get a long enough slide for a kill.

Xater

I got two rapid kills with the vision pulse my last match and it didn't register any of them. This challenge is such bullshit.

Ensoul

I got two rapid kills with the vision pulse my last match and it didn't register any of them. This challenge is such bullshit.

It took me about three days to do this and I had the same exact problem where it was not registering even though it said tag and bag x2.

It is a tough challenge and the natural tendency is to go as quickly as possible. I believe the trick is to wait a second for the people to actually be tagged then try to kill them. I think if you "tag" them then kill them too quickly it won't count.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Can someone please give me some tips on how to get Glitched kills? You die so fast in this game its pretty much impossible to glitch if someone gets the drop on you from behind. It's pretty much a waste if you glitch with the person in front of you since you cant come back and get the kill fast enough.

I am at 5 kills now after god knows how many games. I am at level 21 on Prestige 5 and i started going after this challenge when i was level 54.

Xater

It took me about three days to do this and I had the same exact problem where it was not registering even though it said tag and bag x2.

It is a tough challenge and the natural tendency is to go as quickly as possible. I believe the trick is to wait a second for the people to actually be tagged then try to kill them. I think if you "tag" them then kill them too quickly it won't count.

When they are red and I kill them it should count...

So dumb.

Ensoul

When they are red and I kill them it should count...

So dumb.

Oh I could not agree more. If they are red, they are tagged. End of story. Problem is it does not work that way which just leads to endless frustration trying to complete that challenge.

So does anyone play Arena?

It seems so lame that they have Team Tactical, but have to bog it down with this competitive nonsense, where it's harder to find matches and divided up by competitive ranking.

Team Tactical was perfectly competitive when it was a main playlist. It was usually teams of parties against other teams of parties. I wish they'd get rid of the Arena moshpit and just give us Team Tactical in the core playlist options.

There are so many nice small maps that would be perfect for 4v4, and bigger maps that would be real nice for S&D.

Xater

Oh I could not agree more. If they are red, they are tagged. End of story. Problem is it does not work that way which just leads to endless frustration trying to complete that challenge.

Finally did it. Now onto getting 3 rapid kills with the dumb bow I hate to use.

I am als already not looking forward to the Glitch challenges...

Ensoul

Finally did it. Now onto getting 3 rapid kills with the dumb bow I hate to use.

I am als already not looking forward to the Glitch challenges...

Nice! The bow challenge isn't nearly as bad. Yeah the glitch one is going to be next to impossible. I am not sure I will ever be able to do that one.

The more water maps I see, the more I wish there was a perk for it:

-Breathe underwater longer
-Enemies in water slightly reflect

I absolutely love the water in this game

Jblanks

Nice! The bow challenge isn't nearly as bad. Yeah the glitch one is going to be next to impossible. I am not sure I will ever be able to do that one.

I got them by rushing enemy spawn, then seeing a couple of guys, running past them and then glitching behind them (Ground War).

Or you could cheese it, and do what most people do. Either plant a C4 on a flag or something, and wait until it says armed, then glitch and blow it up, or throw a nade, glitch and hope it gets a double, or at least gets 1 and you pick off another once you glitch.

Do it in Ground War.

If you stand still for 25-30 seconds, you'll glitch to the exact same spot that you're standing still in. So just wait by a corner or something for 25-30 seconds, and when you see an enemy or two, glitch and kill them.

Seriously? When does it launch and which direction should I look?

Usually it seems to launch near the end of domination games, around 170-200 points. So perhaps near the end of any games you play? Hmm...it seems to launch in the direction toward the warehouse (the really long one), closer to the C flag than A flag.

venom2124

Usually it seems to launch near the end of domination games, around 170-200 points. So perhaps near the end of any games you play? Hmm...it seems to launch in the direction toward the warehouse (the really long one), closer to the C flag than A flag.
I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks. Fringe is quickly becoming my favorite domination map.

Top Bottom