• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Anything really

Though Im beginning to hate my beloved domination. The maps are just too esports for it in my opinion

Really? Are you certain? Domination is like 95% of what I play and I manage to get a Mothership practically every game. Is there anything in particular you're having difficulty with?

Really? Are you certain? Domination is like 95% of what I play and I manage to get a Mothership practically every game. Is there anything in particular you're having difficulty with?

Actually its not my performance as much as it is that I miss the older map design for it

I still like playing it, but only on a handful of maps like redwood

Aight I bought the COD PS4 bundle this week and have been enjoying multiplayer.

I have one question though, when do I get to play Nuk3town in online matchmaking? It seems live I've only played 4 or 5 of the available maps.

Radec

Aight I bought the COD PS4 bundle this week and have been enjoying multiplayer.

I have one question though, when do I get to play Nuk3town in online matchmaking? It seems live I've only played 4 or 5 of the available maps.

Its in the Bonus>Chaos Moshpit map rotation.
Sometines Nuketown gets its own mode in Bonus category.

I must have played about 700 games and I've only seen 3 motherships.

Two times against me on games I joined in progress and a third by a team mate.

I don't know how you're getting them so frequently, to me that shows poor matchmaking.

I don't know how you're getting them so frequently, to me that shows poor matchmaking.

I disagree. Most of the time I'm the first person in the lobby leaderboard (there have been around 4 instances as of now in which I wasn't), and because I usually play solo I find that the game tends to put the worst players (aside from one or two people) on my team and everyone else on the other team. This makes it so that most of the time all of the weight of the match is put on my shoulders to make up for the fault of my teammates. It gets irritating since I literally have had games in which I've earned two Motherships and my teammates couldn't even double/triple cap.

They're not too hard to acquire. The only times I sometime fail to get them is if I join in progress, am against a master prestiger (or multiple) who know what they're doing, or am against a relatively large/difficult clan and my teammates just feed them kills. Even then that's not counting the fact that Wraiths and RAPS are even easier to get (as you can see in a previous post of mine in which I got them both in 42 and 47 seconds, respectively).

I have called in around over a hundred so far (it's almost my deadliest killstreak, since I've used the Wraiths and RAPS long before I discovered the Mothership's potential), and according to the stats it averages out to about 11 kills per use.

Radec

I don't know how you're getting them so I frequently, to me that shows poor matchmaking.

Its connection priority first in joining lobbies then skill/spm balancing when the game selected a map and players are already in regardless of kd/spm.

I barely got 400spm and I keep getting 100-200spm allies against 300-500. I wish I'll be teamed up with those 400-500 so I can't play tryhard mode and no stress game. lol

I disagree. Most of the time I'm the first person in the lobby leaderboard (there have been around 4 instances as of now in which I wasn't), and because I usually play solo I find that the game tends to put the worst players (aside from one or two people) on my team and everyone else on the other team. This makes it so that most of the time all of the weight of the match is put on my shoulders to make up for the fault of my teammates. It gets irritating since I literally have had games in which I've earned two Motherships and my teammates couldn't even double/triple cap.

They're not too hard to acquire. The only times I sometime fail to get them is if I join in progress, an against a master prestigers (or multiple) who know what they're doing, or am against a relatively large/difficult clan and my teammates just feed them. Even then that's not counting the fact that Wraiths and RAPS are even easier to get (as you can see in a previous post of mine in which I got them both in 42 and 47 seconds, respectively).
This proves my point.

You're getting in lobbies where you're obviously too good for the rest. And I think that's bad for the other players as it isn't going to create a fun game environment for them.

You should have lobbies where you're lower down the order too.

I'm not talking strict SBMM crap, but it needs re-working if you're able to get a mothership every game, that's not how they'd intend it to be.

This proves my point.

You're getting in lobbies where you're obviously too good for the rest. And I think that's bad for the other players as it isn't going to create a fun game environment for them.

I'm not talking strict SBMM crap, but it needs re-working if you're able to get a mothership every game, that's not how they'd intend it to be.

I'm not sure how that would work, though. If I'm lower down the order and yet still near the top that would mean I'm facing off against people with 600+ SPM, and if I'm lower down the order to the point where I'm in the middle I'll be facing off against people with 700+ SPM. By that point it will be like Advanced Warfare all over again (for me), since almost everyone would be a really good player (and thus every game would be insanely competitive). By then most of the people with such high SPMs are most likely always in parties, hacking, beyond godlike, or new to the game/game mode.

Ah, so it's that you're having difficulty adapting? Which older maps (and which games) are you referring to?

COD4 man. WaW, Black Ops 1. I felt those maps had some better domination placements.

I think I'm just outmatched now. My opponents are incredibly aware, as opposed to just 2 days ago when I was crushing the newbies.

COD4 man. WaW, Black Ops 1. I felt those maps had some better domination placements.

I think I'm just outmatched now. My opponents are incredibly aware, as opposed to just 2 days ago when I was crushing the newbies.

You have my thanks, I appreciate that (I caught you before the edit :p).

You may have a point, but as I have stated before its all about adapting yourself. Maybe some maps may not be as great as the classics but every map in this game I would argue is good to some extent. In which case, map knowledge, awareness, and use of the movement system can go a long way.

If you feel like you're getting outmatched, you could watch gameplay of those you consider to be good players and try to learn from them, or you could also party up with GAFers so at the very least you have reliable teammates.

65 - 0, flawless game on domination with gaf

https://youtu.be/tCdtTNoX4JA

Two mothership as well

This proves my point.

Could his video be the idea that you're referring to? Obviously the video is an extreme example (in regards to the skill level of the opposing team), but I can see your point. I still don't think there's a solution to the problem though, seeing as people like him and I are among the higher percentage of players (and the higher you go, the less players there are in general when it comes to skill level, meaning we wouldn't experience the entirety of the player base).

You have my thanks, I appreciate that (I caught you before the edit :p).

You may have a point, but as I have stated before its all about adapting yourself. Maybe some maps may not be as great as the classics but every map in this game I would argue is good to some extent. In which case, map knowledge, awareness, and use of the movement system can go a long way.

If you feel like you're getting outmatched, you could watch gameplay of those you consider to be good players and try to learn from them, or you could also party up with GAFers so at the very least you have reliable teammates.

Lol, I got you confused with the other guy, but I'm sure you're great :p

I think I'll play with you guys tomorrow as I just prefer some reliable teammates, though randoms really arent too bad in my experience.

And you're not wrong. The maps are probably really great, but I do feel like more variety is needed as far as their "core philosophy" of 3 lanes goes.

I don't hate any map. You guys should upload more gameplay, I'd much rather watch you guys play

Lol, I got you confused with the other guy, but I'm sure you're great :p

I think I'll play with you guys tomorrow as I just prefer some reliable teammates, though randoms really arent too bad in my experience.

And you're not wrong. The maps are probably really great, but I do feel like more variety is needed as far as their "core philosophy" of 3 lanes goes.

I don't hate any map. You guys should upload more gameplay, I'd much rather watch you guys play

Well, you can decide for yourself :p

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l3dsCKg0tEA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QsicdQYXL5I

I realize that they're just small clips (and that I posted them a while back), but I'm not sure if you've seen them and they're the most recent things I've done.

Alright, that sounds like a plan.

Variety? How so? How would they be able to expand? There's only so much they can do, but with the Awakening maps they are showing some creativity.

Okay, fair enough. Sure thing, I'll post more full gameplay often if you'd like. I'll probably start by showing you guys the full games of those two clips tomorrow (since I got Motherships in both of them) if they're still in the capture gallery, and then continue from there by just posting any gameplay I liked in particular.

Well, you can decide for yourself :p

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l3dsCKg0tEA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QsicdQYXL5I

I realize that they're just small clips (and that I posted them a while back), but I'm not sure if you've seen them and they're the most recent things I've done.

Alright, that sounds like a plan.

Variety? How so? How would they be able to expand? There's only so much they can do, but with the Awakening maps they are showing some creativity.

Okay, fair enough. Sure thing, I'll post more full gameplay often if you'd like. I'll probably start by showing you guys the full games of those two clips tomorrow (since I got Motherships in both of them) if they're still in the capture gallery, and then continue from there by just posting any gameplay I liked in particular.

I think they can definitely push past the 3 lane straight design they have now. They most definitely had different kinds of maps in BO1 that were still very much 3 lanes.

I have found my secret to my lag problem even with my great internet. If I connect to my neighbors wifi my ping goes to crap, I'm lucky to get a three bar connection, and yet my games are much better due to their fucked up netcode. What a joke, wish I lived closer to a McDonald's, I'd properly never die again.

WaLlbaNg

Are you guys aware of the special slide move ("g-slide")? Haven't seen someone mentioning it here, but it speeds you up compared to normal running or boosting, so especially for search it can be really important.

Basically jump and press R3 for doing a normal slide (I play with tactical button layout - so hold your button for crouching/sliding) and just in the moment you hit the ground you press and hold X (or whatever your jump button is).

I play with a scuf so it is relatively easy for me because I can press one button with each hand - right for R3 and the left for the backpaddle - with a normal controller it might be hard to pull off

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Are you guys aware of the special slide move ("g-slide")? Haven't seen someone mentioning it here, but it speeds you up compared to normal running or boosting, so especially for search it can be really important.

Basically jump and press R3 for doing a normal slide (I play with tactical button layout - so hold your button for crouching/sliding) and just in the moment you hit the ground you press and hold X (or whatever your jump button is).

I play with a scuf so it is relatively easy for me because I can press one button with each hand - right for R3 and the left for the backpaddle - with a normal controller it might be hard to pull off

I have so much trouble pulling this off, I just can't get the timing down for the jump. It's such a clutch move too, especially for objectives.

jorgejjvr

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol That 65-0 game was nuts. I couldn't find anyone. And yeah, I cant believe that guy at the end of the round couldn't kill you. Ever since Christmas i have noticed more and more lopsided games. Why? Well, most of the times I get stuck with a team of noobs who have no fucking clue what's going on and allow people to run all over the map. We get spawn raped, then spawns flip and we get spawn raped again.

These newbies are so bad that when I called in a G.I Unit, MY OWN TEAMMATES spent the next TWO MINUTES shooting at it while it ran around and took out enemies all around them. They didnt realize that the fucking thing simply walked right past them and took out the enemies right behind them. They kept shooting at him despite all that and one of my teammates took out his Sparrow and arrowed him to death. I had to watch the replay in the Theater mode because I really couldn't believe how clueless these people are.

Why is friendly fire on for scorestreaks anyway?

lol That 65-0 game was nuts. I couldn't find anyone. And yeah, I cant believe that guy at the end of the round couldn't kill you. Ever since Christmas i have noticed more and more lopsided games. Why? Well, most of the times I get stuck with a team of noobs who have no fucking clue what's going on and allow people to run all over the map. We get spawn raped, then spawns flip and we get spawn raped again.

These newbies are so bad that when I called in a G.I Unit, MY OWN TEAMMATES spent the next TWO MINUTES shooting at it while it ran around and took out enemies all around them. They didnt realize that the fucking thing simply walked right past them and took out the enemies right behind them. They kept shooting at him despite all that and one of my teammates took out his Sparrow and arrowed him to death. I had to watch the replay in the Theater mode because I really couldn't believe how clueless these people are.

Why is friendly fire on for scorestreaks anyway?

If I recall correctly, friendly fire is only on for scorestreaks if you're playing hardcore. However unless I'm mistaken it is possible to shoot down your own streaks in core, but only you can do that. The GI Unit merely died because the time expired, they were doing no damage to it whatsoever.

Anyone want to party up?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
If I recall correctly, friendly fire is only on for scorestreaks if you're playing hardcore. However unless I'm mistaken it is possible to shoot down your own streaks in core, but only you can do that. The GI Unit merely died because the time expired, they were doing no damage to it whatsoever.

Anyone want to party up?
I dont know man. I clearly saw his armor being shredded by friendly fire. And I clearly saw the final Sparrow hit making him explode. I will post a video later.

Finally got master killer. Time to grind Boot Camp now.

That one is annoying, the two worst challenges in that are getting 50 Multitasker medals (kill someone while climbing over something) and 50 Low Blow medals (kill someone while sliding).

The calling card for mastering Boot Camp is one of the best ones though.

Xater

That one is annoying, the two worst challenges in that are getting 50 Multitasker medals (kill someone while climbing over something) and 50 Low Blow medals (kill someone while sliding).

The calling card for mastering Boot Camp is one of the best ones though.

Low blow is significantly easier in Hardcore.

Exodus was removed from PS4 rotation until the next patch apparently. I haven't seen it for like 2 days anyway.

Also, twice now I've gotten a "lost connection to hose" midgame. Why is that? Is there a "host" that decides to turn off his PS4 midgame?

What are these hybrid servers anyway?

Low blow is significantly easier in Hardcore.

I got the boot camp master card pretty easy but I play hardcore almost exclusively. Close to getting the humiliation master but have to grind popcorn medals and need 2 depth charges. Given up on the backfire master as I've never even seen someone use a power core, let alone gotten to destroy 5 of them myself. They should up the drop chance of it from care packages.

Exodus was removed from PS4 rotation until the next patch apparently. I haven't seen it for like 2 days anyway.

Also, twice now I've gotten a "lost connection to hose" midgame. Why is that? Is there a "host" that decides to turn off his PS4 midgame?

What are these hybrid servers anyway?

Would you like to play together?

Top Bottom