• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Map is pretty damn good and relatively simple to go about once you know a few things. Zombies will respawn near you if you teleport, or run wayyyy far ahead of them. It's like that because you're already faster than any zombie and stamina up makes you even faster. If you're complaining about range then use a sniper(drakon is one of the best guns in zombies) or lmg

Hope they don't remove g sliding that is wayyyy too fun of a feature

why should i have to use a sniper rifle to shoot with any type of accuracy further than 5 meters? they should just make the zombies move faster rather than have them spawn out of mid air. you can see it if you die and are spectating your teammate. they dont only spawn out of thin air if you get too far ahead, it happens all the time. go to revive someone and 5 zombies magically spawn directly behind you.

Skittles

why should i have to use a sniper rifle to shoot with any type of accuracy further than 5 meters? they should just make the zombies move faster rather than have them spawn out of mid air. you can see it if you die and are spectating your teammate. they dont only spawn out of thin air if you get too far ahead, it happens all the time. go to revive someone and 5 zombies magically spawn directly behind you.
Which gun are you using that you're having trouble hitting things from 5 meters away? Only ones I can think of that have that problem are the KRM without long barrel and the Argus, but the argus is terrible in zombies anyway(same with the pharo). I've never had them magically spawn behind me, but you should be using beast mode to revive people anyway. Considering it's fairly and instant and you're invulnerable during it.

BO3 zombies is probably my favorite out of any of them so far. Most of the guns are really good, the presentation is spectacular, and the map is just complex enough to not be boring(unlike the giant). So excited for the new map to come out. Really hope we get another pure zombies map pack and they bring back the best map from each game(except grab mob of the dead and origins from BO2).

Which gun are you using that you're having trouble hitting things from 5 meters away? Only ones I can think of that have that problem are the KRM without long barrel and the Argus, but the argus is terrible in zombies anyway(same with the pharo). I've never had them magically spawn behind me, but you should be using beast mode to revive people anyway. Considering it's fairly and instant and you're invulnerable during it.

BO3 zombies is probably my favorite out of any of them so far. Most of the guns are really good, the presentation is spectacular, and the map is just complex enough to not be boring(unlike the giant). So excited for the new map to come out. Really hope we get another pure zombies map pack and they bring back the best map from each game(except grab mob of the dead and origins from BO2).

i dont remember the names of them, but the bullet spread beyond 5 meters is a joke. i tried about 5 different guns not counting the starting pistol. you just empty bullets ADS into them and nothing really happens unless youre closer than 5 meters.

edit - im playing on PC, maybe auto aim on consoles changes things. i watched some youtube videos of high leveled zombie players and they mostly dont even bother firing at zombies from further than 5 meters away

Skittles

i dont remember the names of them, but the bullet spread beyond 5 meters is a joke. i tried about 5 different guns not counting the starting pistol. you just empty bullets ADS into them and nothing really happens unless youre closer than 5 meters.

edit - im playing on PC, maybe auto aim on consoles changes things. i watched some youtube videos of high leveled zombie players and they mostly dont even bother firing at zombies from further than 5 meters away
Hmmm, only other gun I can think of would be the vesper. Which makes sense because of the super high fire rate. Starting pistol really sucks until upgraded, most starting room weapons suck also(RK5 is alright for a bit). Most weapons start losing 1 hit headshot kill by round 8 unless you either pack a punch them or get double tap. Most high level players don't bother shooting zombies unless they are close because they're training them; which means making the zombies cluster up so your bullets go through the most amount of zombies. So it's a waste of ammo unless a zombie is blocking your path or is about to.

Pistols are underwhelming, but probably for the best (wouldnt want people running with just a pistol)

At the same time, I miss better pistol variety. Nothing felt as good as the COD4 deagle or Killzone 2 revolver

I just wiped out the whole team with a single hellstorm

Repo Man

In mp I don't get people who keep jumping from lobby to lobby to get a "good game" or a game of their preferance. Went into Chaos Moshpit for a bit of a change and I know most people in that playlist look forward to Nuketown. As I joined a game just finished and the next map was Stronghold - Kill Confirmed and as soon as it was confirmed as the next map, a bunch of people buggered off. I keep seeing this happen a lot, people join a lobby and the second they see its not a map of their liking they leave... and then the matchmaker throws them back in anyway lol. Surely the amount of time they spend lobby hopping just hurts them more in the long run.

Just now got out of a game of Domination that reminded me once more why going against a bunch of clan players doesn't always mean an instant loss. There were 3 of them on the opposing team and a few randoms, we were a man down yet we the "scrubs" mopped the floor with them simply through smart play. A lot of people, myself included to a degree immediately tend to switch on a defeatist mindset when the other team consists of 2 or more clan players, really need to try and get out of that habit.

I do have an issue with the matchmaker though in that it would be nice for it to take skill into account when balancing teams in the lobby. I've been in so many games where people on prestige 2 or higher are stacked against people who haven't hit 55 yet. I like winning as much as the next guy but I rather win or lose a bunch of close games than a game that ends in 200-90 in Domination.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Pistols are underwhelming, but probably for the best (wouldnt want people running with just a pistol)

At the same time, I miss better pistol variety. Nothing felt as good as the COD4 deagle or Killzone 2 revolver

Why not? It's not as though they're cheaper to equip than a primary weapon.

eek5

Why not? It's not as though they're cheaper to equip than a primary weapon.

The problem is you can't make it as good as a primary otherwise it makes overkill pointless since having a second primary costs 2 points not 1. Yeah, it costs the same as a primary if you have nothing equipped but foregoing a primary to pick a pistol is a sacrifice that you make not one that the game is forcing you to make. FWIW I find MR6 to be great and use it on a lot of my slower classes.

Kinda sad that the PC population is mainly split between just TDM, Domination, and SnD.

I really wanted to play some Demolition or Hardpoint.

.44 Magnum was the love of my life back in the day. Even better with two.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Finally got my 100 headshots with the haymaker and the BRM last night. both took over 1100 kills. I did get last 7 Haymaker headshots in one Free for All game because it was just easier to find people in that mode and most encounters are close quarters.

Only Brecci left now to gold to get my Diamond camos for Shotgun. Still have three LMGs to go and man i am dreading it. Only have 20 headshots for 500 kills with the Gorgon. This is going to be long and painful.

So what's the weapon tiers shaking out like right now? I'm not playing as much but it's kinda hard to keep track of what's been messed with.

I've been fooling around with the HVK and the Vesper and I like them a lot.

I played a dude who was going absolutely in against my team with the KVN-44 though. He ended up like 61-16 or something with both of us killing eachother 8 times. I only went 42-14 or something using my M8A7 against him for comparison. Maybe just teammates feeding him?

Is there a way to speed up the Hellstorm? It seems like when I watch people on streams using it they are able to make it go faster than the default.

Edit: just looked it up. It's the sprint button. I never really noticed those prompts at the bottom of the screen for some reason.

Is there a way to speed up the Hellstorm? It seems like when I watch people on streams using it they are able to make it go faster than the default.

Edit: just looked it up. It's the sprint button. I never really noticed those prompts at the bottom of the screen for some reason.

Me neither, I just learned you can cluster the damn thing instead of using the straight rocket lol.

I really do wonder how they do the matchmaking. Looked at the lobbyboard out of curiosity. Two other guys and I were at the top and we all ended up on the same team for HC TDM.

eek5

I really do wonder how they do the matchmaking. Looked at the lobbyboard out of curiosity. Two other guys and I were at the top and we all ended up on the same team for HC TDM.

TDM laderboard sorts by SPM but it team balances based on SPM+K/D and maybe some other stuff. I've been 3rd in lobby before and they'd put 1+2 together with decent players and gave me all the scrubs because I was the highest k/d guy.
still won

malfcn

Beat it. Dumb.
Reading the explanations..it could have some how been twisted in a more obvious way. I had my ideas about what was going, but didn't click until I read into it. And I had my suspicions about that loading text too.

It's like..Jacob's Ladder.

SlimySnake

Yeah, I'm not gonna like brecci headshot unlocks

My god I dislike this gun
really? i find it very easy to get headshots with the brecci. especially compared to the haymaker. i have only 250 kills with it so far and am already up to 60 headshots.

just dont use the laser sight. use long barrel and maybe rapid fire and just hipfire. you should land at least 5 headshots a match.

Ensoul

I am having a hell of a time getting headshots with the Shevia. Cannot say I am a huge fan of this gun. I love the two shot kills but getting them is a pain as you lose every one on one close range battle.

SlimySnake

I am having a hell of a time getting headshots with the Shevia. Cannot say I am a huge fan of this gun. I love the two shot kills but getting them is a pain as you lose every one on one close range battle.
With high Caliber that thing is a one shot headshot kill. It's THE easiest gun to gun headshots with. Just dont use it on Combine.

Flip your L2+R2 triggers to R1+L1. You can press R1 faster than R2 which will help you shoot faster with the Shieva.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Where the hell is Nuketown? Is that map not in the rotation or what? I haven't played that in months of TDM. What the fuck, my favorite map, too.

They should really change the Rare black market chest to 20 tokens, 30 is way too much for too little.

For 30 they should give you 6 unlocks and a guarantee of at least one rare.

Ensoul

They should really change the Rare black market chest to 20 tokens, 30 is way too much for too little.

For 30 they should give you 6 unlocks and a guarantee of at least one rare.

I was thinking the same thing. I have been getting the 30 token one and have not been getting a thing. I do believe they refund you 5 tokens so it actually only costs 25 tokens.

funkypie

Banned
If I buy the season pass will I still get the giant map?

Also can someone explain silencer damage on smg and AR for me please. I get its -26% less but are we talking an extra bullet at medium range or something.

I hate randoms

Played a S&D arena match with an asshole who'd stay all the way in spawn and wait until everyone died so he could act like a hotshot with his sniper. Of course he goes 1-6.

I swear I wanted to punch him. It feels like S&D has a few players who are just like this.

RS4-

Someone remind me how Sparrow works again? I wasn't sure if my R2 was fucked since it was just lobbing shots outside of ads. I just don't remember if you had to ads to charge it.

Someone remind me how Sparrow works again? I wasn't sure if my R2 was fucked since it was just lobbing shots outside of ads. I just don't remember if you had to ads to charge it.

You can hold it down without ADS, after it is fully drawn back, it fires super fast and if it sticks, it is a one hit kill.

Hikami

Haven't played in 3 weeks since I haven't had internet.. Is there some place I can check for recent patch notes?

Top Bottom