• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

What makes Heat Wave good? I kind of figured there would be a reason to not use the purifier on Firebreak.
It is an amazing skill that stuns nearby enemies and breaks equips.

It is great for "OH SNAP I'M ABOUT TO GET SNUCK!" moments or when you just run onto someone unexpectedly. Stun + gun punch = kill

Depending on the range that sounds pretty good, especially since I tend to use shotguns.

It's around the size of Ruin's shockwave, perhaps a bit longer than the longest shotgun range. Drift0r made a video on it. If you use it, targets will practically be immobilized. They can't move or see and the only worry you have is if they hipfire. It can take out equipment and can even destroy Nomad's HIVEs (before and after they're activated).

So I turned on the gore filter and the multiplayer feels a lot less juvenile than before. Maybe I'm just too old (at 23?) but I don't enjoy gore and constant swearing.

I think there's a mistake in that video. He says heat wave doesn't damage turrets, but the reality is that it does damage turrets, it just doesn't ohk turrets.

He does state that the Heat Wave seems to damage ground base streaks to a certain extent. I believe that should be taken into account.

Is rapid fire really even noticeable, or is it just a placebo thing? I thought it was just a 6% increase.

Edit: It is a 6.3% difference for most weapons. However it is definitely noticeable if the weapon in question is either incredibly slow or fast when it comes to RPM.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
To me, Rapid fire is a must with the Shieva, the Man of War, the Razorback, Gorgon and maybe the BRM.

6.6% may not feel like much but in a game where you can get dropped in a fraction of a second, stuff like Quickdraw, Cold Hands, Gung Ho and Rapid Fire really help.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I have been working on Dark Matter too. SVG is the only weapon in the game I struggled with. I see people quickscoping with that rifle but I couldnt hit anyone at times even after taking my time to aim. I actually started getting hit markers when I was doing the 6 attachment challenge which I attributed to the shitty scopes and stock, but my god that was frustrating.

Finished my first pistol last night. Only two more pistols left and then the combat knife. Not looking forward to that at all. Especially the bloodthirsty medals. Though I have found that the Rejack ability saves your progress towards that challenge.

Still need to destroy 5 Talons or Cerbrus and 10 Ground Based Streaks with my Launchers but very few people call those in TDM. Doesnt help that I am going for handguns so cant equip any launchers.

fozzy

Don't know what's going on with the servers lately but fucking hell it's been choppy.

It's been perfect since launch so not sure what's going on.

Kalentan

God damn. I can't seem to win a match today. Every game I get put in, It's a in-progress game where my team is losing against a clan pre-made. I try and try, and usually come in first on my team, but I just can't carry to victory.

Gorillaz

Played a match on fringe and then later on infection I want to say, where a team pretty much knew the 3 big spawn spots and just farmed kills the entire 2 rounds of or uplink game. They were on the dot for the spots 90 percent of the time.

I never want to hear Treyarch and good spawn/map design going forward ever again after that shit.

My playing has been horrible the past couple of days. This can't be good for my mental health. I seem to lose every single gunfight because the enemies just shoot incredibly fast. The killcams show ridiculously different timings than what I'm experiencing. I'm on a gigabit fiber connection with 4 ms ping, and ~17 ms game ping mostly.

Oh well, this is just another rant post among many, I don't know of what my point even is. I'm not having fun right now?

shanafan

PS4 and Black Ops 3 question.

I am running my PS4 on WiFi, and I have the power save setting turned on to keep the internet connection live when in rest mode.

However, if I am in Black Ops 3 and put my PS4 into rest mode, and then turn it back on eventually, the game doesn't have an internet connection and I need to quit the application and restart it.

How can Black Ops 3 keep the internet connection live when in rest mode?

To me, Rapid fire is a must with the Shieva, the Man of War, the Razorback, Gorgon and maybe the BRM.

6.6% may not feel like much but in a game where you can get dropped in a fraction of a second, stuff like Quickdraw, Cold Hands, Gung Ho and Rapid Fire really help.

I rock the Man-O-War and I don't use Rapid Fire. Though I do run Fast Mags and Extended mags, so eh.

PS4 and Black Ops 3 question.

I am running my PS4 on WiFi, and I have the power save setting turned on to keep the internet connection live when in rest mode.

However, if I am in Black Ops 3 and put my PS4 into rest mode, and then turn it back on eventually, the game doesn't have an internet connection and I need to quit the application and restart it.

How can Black Ops 3 keep the internet connection live when in rest mode?

It's the game. I'm hardwired and mine does that every time it wakes up from rest mode. You shouldn't have to restart the game though. Just click OK, or click Play Multiplayer, or whatever it's called, and you should be good to go.

Jblanks

Started using Rapid Fire on a silenced RB (saw some people in here liking it) with grip; and I'm a fan.Weird that supposedly it only increases the fire rate by 6%, but I could tell there was a difference. I now use silencers on the 3 SMGs I only use - RB, Weevil, Pharo.

Najaf

Anyone else's experience with the GI Unit completely unpredictable?

It will take down 5-6 people one time and literally 0-1 the next. I've had multiple GI's get 1 kill and one today get 0. I know it can be relatively easy to take down with EMP's and FMJ but for being such a high streak, I'd like for it to perform more consistently.

My stats show the Wraith and RAPS exceed it on average kills per use and the cerberus is just shy of being equal.

I'm running the Pharo with a quickdraw grip, a foregrip, fast mags, and a long barrel.

Is there anything I don't need there? I was also thinking of using a suppressor instead of a long barrel.

Opinions?

Top Bottom