• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

kuYuri

I made a gif thing and posted it on the blackops3 sub reddit, surprised it got that much attention..

I'm not mis-remembering right? I don't remember stuff like this happening in previous CODs. (The one's I've played anyways.) I always seem to get stuck on teammates in this one. Be it in doorways or just when we're beside each other.

It happens to me often, seems more annoying in this game than previous iterations.

eek5

Black Hats are so, so terrible in this game. I wish they'd just work like they did in Black Ops II.

Apparently it was OP in the beta then alright at the beginning (you could blackhat through walls and hit people's streaks) but then they nerfed it again and now you need line of sight. Sucks now

Ghazi

iIqgc0l.jpg

9T1kgIr.gif

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Apparently it was OP in the beta then alright at the beginning (you could blackhat through walls and hit people's streaks) but then they nerfed it again and now you need line of sight. Sucks now

All it needed was a slight reduction of speed. Instead they went overkill with the nerfs and made it slower, made it so you can't hack through walls, and made it so whenever you pull it out, you become marked on the radar. Even the speed reduction feels a little too strong, at least when the Black-Hat is aimed directly at the center of the target. Considering the risks, the reward is too weak. Thing can hardly be used for anything except hacking pieces of equipment and the occasional UAV.

Repo Man

Ok I said the Argus seemed kinda cool but... it fucking isn't!... I hate the damn thing and I'll be glad if I'll ever get this thing golded. I hate shotguns anyway but this thing is just a pain in the ass for my playstyle. I think the worst thing about it is its utter inconsistency in 1-to1 situations where if I hipfire even with laser sight it just won't hit, if I ADS I miss my target first from left, then from right and I when I finally get my sights on the target the hit doesn't register or it simply isn't enough to get a kill.

I even tested earlier where I went up to arms length from my target from behind, aimed for the head and hip fired, target didn't die, turned around and killed me instead. At that point I just facepalmed.

Ok I said the Argus seemed kinda cool but... it fucking isn't!... I hate the damn thing and I'll be glad if I'll ever get this thing golded. I hate shotguns anyway but this thing is just a pain in the ass for my playstyle. I think the worst thing about it is its utter inconsistency in 1-to1 situations where if I hipfire even with laser sight it just won't hit, if I ADS I miss my target first from left, then from right and I when I finally get my sights on the target the hit doesn't register or it simply isn't enough to get a kill.

I even tested earlier where I went up to arms length from my target from behind, aimed for the head and hip fired, target didn't die, turned around and killed me instead. At that point I just facepalmed.

This exactly matches my experience with the Argus. Very annoying. Maybe it's due to a bad ping...

Waldini

Man-o-War ... what have they done to you?

... really, have they stealth-nerfed the thing? Tried several games with it but ... the rate of fire appears to have become slower ... ADS too. Couldn't hit shit.

It's a weird thing that you get outsprayed by a shotgun from over 10 miles away.

I'm so fucking sick of pubstopping assholes. Seriously, if you are going 80 and 10 in Domination with no captures and very little defends just go play fucking TDM or Arena.

Waldini

I'm so fucking sick of pubstopping assholes. Seriously, if you are going 80 and 10 in Domination with no captures and very little defends just go play fucking TDM or Arena.

I got the exact same message last night when playing Kill Confirmed.
"Play the fucking objective!"

I had 55 kills, 10 deaths, 29 confirms. Was playing with a friend who has a bad-habbit of stealing tags. Whenever I kill someone he just rushes past me, steals the tag and continues doing so for the entire team. After that ... he just keeps on bragging about his SPM and how he's sooo good. He won't shut up about it. Pisses me off.

Most of the time I play the objective. I want to win. But I keep getting teamed up with either late-Christmas noobs or Prestige Masters who's K/D mean more than winning.

Started Nightmares mode last night, I've disregarded it completely although I have the game from launch. Needless to say, it's way better than the actual stupid singlepalyer campaign.

Waldini

Started Nightmares mode last night, I've disregarded it completely although I have the game from launch. Needless to say, it's way better than the actual stupid singlepalyer campaign.

... I haven't even touched SP yet. Don't think I will either

It is impossible for the Argus to get a hit marker when you are aiming down the sights with it (unless you use long barrel, but that's pointless since even though you add more range, the range you add will be a two shot kill range).

Ideally it's best to use it with stock to make sure you're always aiming, and a sight to make sure your slug always hits.

Thankfully the objective is what causes me to get high amounts of kills in a game. If I can establish control with streaks at least once, the rest of the game is easy and practically a slaughter fest. Therefore, it's in my best interest to capture objectives and kill enemies on/around them for fast streaks.

Waldini

With this COD I focus less on getting streaks because, really, they aren't worth the trouble. The RAPS can be shot done from miles away. The GI Robot tends to get stuck. The Mothership can be shot down fairly fast.

Have you guys tried the KUDA + Extended Mags + Fast Reload + Grip yet? Thing is a beast... The 42 bullets enables you to kill 4 people. It's weird because I've used the gun since BO3 was released and hated it. I guess it has grown on me.

Repo Man

It is impossible for the Argus to get a hit marker when you are aiming down the sights with it (unless you use long barrel, but that's pointless since even though you add more range, the range you add will be a two shot kill range).

Ideally it's best to use it with stock to make sure you're always aiming, and a sight to make sure your slug always hits.

Was gonna try the long barrel but maybe I won't bother then. Thanks for the tips.

With this COD I focus less on getting streaks because, really, they aren't worth the trouble. The RAPS can be shot done from miles away. The GI Robot tends to get stuck. The Mothership can be shot down fairly fast.

Have you guys tried the KUDA + Extended Mags + Fast Reload + Grip yet? Thing is a beast... The 42 bullets enables you to kill 4 people. It's weird because I've used the gun since BO3 was released and hated it. I guess it has grown on me.

Call in a Wraith and a RAPS deploy ship at the same time. People won't be able to determine what to shoot down, allowing both scorestreaks to survive much longer than they would alone. If they shoot the Wraith first, the RAPs will have done its work. If they shoot the RAPs first, the Wraith will provide trouble for them, and by the time it's destroyed they're left with a couple dozen RAPs drones and a Wraith in the air.

The Mothership isn't shot down quickly at all as long as you're aware of the spawns and perform evasive maneuvers to avoid the rockets. It takes 7-9 rockets to shoot down, and it can destroy an enemy team ten times over before getting destroyed.

Xater

I get often enough into games with people without launchers that it means that if I get RAPS we win. That scorestreak has become ridiculously good after the buff.

Hikami

Just put a sight and quickdraw on the Argus. It's the first shotgun I got gold for because of how ridiculous the range on it is. It's like a close to medium range sniper if you just ADS.
Shoot the wall while ADS'ing and again whipe hip-firing and you'll see what I mean when you see the bullet holes.

Radec

Call in a Wraith and a RAPS deploy ship at the same time. People won't be able to determine what to shoot down, allowing both scorestreaks to survive much longer than they would alone. If they shoot the Wraith first, the RAPs will have done its work. If they shoot the RAPs first, the Wraith will provide trouble for them, and by the time it's destroyed they're left with a couple dozen RAPs drones and a Wraith in the air.

The Mothership isn't shot down quickly at all as long as you're aware of the spawns and perform evasive maneuvers to avoid the rockets. It takes 7-9 rockets to shoot down, and it can destroy an enemy team ten times over before getting destroyed.

As for the mothership..
https://gfycat.com/TheseCarefreeCockerspaniel

Ensoul

Like I have been saying: Until they completely remove the kills and death stats in objective modes most players will just go for kills.

At this point i am ready for new maps as I am getting a little tired of the current maps.

I've got no desire to buy the DLC for this one. I bought COD DLC for the first time with AW and it was one big waste of money. It screwed up matchmaking to the point where I just ended up deleting it.

Repo Man

Just put a sight and quickdraw on the Argus. It's the first shotgun I got gold for because of how ridiculous the range on it is. It's like a close to medium range sniper if you just ADS.
Shoot the wall while ADS'ing and again whipe hip-firing and you'll see what I mean when you see the bullet holes.

I'll have to experiment more tonight when I get home from work. I did get a few kills in at near-mid range or so but thought it was just a fluke because when I actually tried to ADS for mid range kills I just couldn't hit shit. Practice, practice and more practice I guess to try and find the sweet spot.

Can someone describe how to use a Hellstorm correctly?

I feel like sometimes it homes in on all of the enemies and then sometime it does jack shit?

Is there a correct way to accurately target multiple enemies?

Can someone describe how to use a Hellstorm correctly?

I feel like sometimes it homes in on all of the enemies and then sometime it does jack shit?

Is there a correct way to accurately target multiple enemies?

Use the speed boost and then unleash the cluster to basically rain down upon enemies in it's general radius

Hmm, that was a pretty lousy pilot. All he needed to do was shoot a single bullet at the dude. Doing that would have made him spawn with everyone else and led to many kills. I wonder if he was even using the thermal vision. It seems like the LMG user was using FMJ. Although I wonder if his teammates were helping him take it down with either bullets or rockets.

Ehh thats what I do, the targeting seems to be really inconsistent. I guess its all luck

Unlike BO2, the missiles do not trace/follow enemies in BO3. Even if they do, it's very minimal. Speaking from experience, the missiles from the Hellstorm always fly straight down and do not follow enemies. I believe the lock on during the Hellstorm determines where the missiles will spawn when you cluster them.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

lol Why are you trying to hipfire with the Argus? Unless the guy is in your face, dont ever hipfire.

The shotgun is basically the One Slug shotgun from Black Ops 2. You are supposed to ADS and make sure that one slug hits. It's one of the easiest guns to get Golds for. I got it in only 260 kills.

Use Reflex Sight and long barrel. Dont use Supressor, it becomes a hit marker machine. And remember, ALWAYS go ADS. Treat it like a Sniper rifle.

BTW, Laser Sights will tighten the spread of your hipfire slugs. Dont ever use it on shotguns. Especially this one which is meant to be shot while ADS with a reflex sight.

Xater

lol Why are you trying to hipfire with the Argus? Unless the guy is in your face, dont ever hipfire.

The shotgun is basically the One Slug shotgun from Black Ops 2. You are supposed to ADS and make sure that one slug hits. It's one of the easiest guns to get Golds for. I got it in only 260 kills.

Use Reflex Sight and long barrel. Dont use Supressor, it becomes a hit marker machine. And remember, ALWAYS go ADS. Treat it like a Sniper rifle.

BTW, Laser Sights will tighten the spread of your hipfire slugs. Dont ever use it on shotguns. Especially this one which is meant to be shot while ADS with a reflex sight.

Uuuuh that's exactly where you should use it because you hipfire them all the time. Especially considering how shotgun damage works in this game. Only exception being the Argus.

Repo Man

The reason I was hip-firing the bastard was because my shotgun experience untill the argus came from the first shotty and the haymaker both which seemed ok at hip-firing so I thought this would be the case for the argus too. Really must experiment more tonight!

SlimySnake

Uuuuh that's exactly where you should use it because you hipfire them all the time. Especially considering how shotgun damage works in this game. Only exception being the Argus.

In my experience, tightening the hipfire spread works against you especially with the haymaker and the brecci. You want your spray and pray with these shotguns and making your spread smaller is not going to help you.

Haymaker will NEVER be a 2 shot kill and the Brecci will never be a one shot kill so whats the point in tightening the spread. It really doesnt matter if all 16 pallets connect.

The reason I was hip-firing the bastard was because my shotgun experience untill the argus came from the first shotty and the haymaker both which seemed ok at hip-firing so I thought this would be the case for the argus too. Really must experiment more tonight!

I see. I remember the one slug shotty from Blops 2 and was really happy to see it here. If you roll with Quickdraw and Cold Hands you can easily quickscope and let the aim assist get you a one shot kill at insane ranges. the only drawback is the if you miss that first shot, you are pretty much fucked.

I would recommend that you use this shotgun in medium to large maps. I had some bad games with it in smaller maps.

SlimySnake

Finished my Diamond Camos for Sniper Rifles yesterday. Also got Gold for the second Pistol. Only LCAR and Combat knife left.

Not looking forward to getting knife kills. How am I supposed to get 5 kills without dying with this thing?

Also, trying to destroy Turrets and Talons, and man its very rare to find these things. Even in Domination where everyone usually rapes you in your spawn with hellstorms and lightning strikes. What are good modes to get these done quick?

Ghazi

I'm getting so fed up with the way this game organizes teams, it's getting to the point where I'm the only one who goes positive in TDM on my team. They need to fix balancing.

Rixxan

I'm getting so fed up with the way this game organizes teams, it's getting to the point where I'm the only one who goes positive in TDM on my team. They need to fix balancing.

dude, this is the story of my life

i'm mostly a solo queue'r and i've never seen anyone with better stats than me in a Kill Confirmed lobby

as such i struggle to maintain a 3.0 W/L Ratio because i CONSISTENTLY have people going 0-30 and just feeding the other team tags

if there's bad players in the lobby, its literally guaranteed they'll be put on my team

i understand the need to balance it out, but there should be at least some mild wiggle room for good players to be occasionally be placed with me (im sure there is but my god it feels like there isnt)

Edit: I mean just as a quick example

aZedYMZ.png

HKgSkvG.jpg

Skittles

People talking down on the argus? Literally the best shotgun in the game if you can exen a little bit. I cackle like an idiot when i 1 shot kill people from some of these ranges. Just have to remember to essentially quick scoping with a shotgun

Calabi

Finished my Diamond Camos for Sniper Rifles yesterday. Also got Gold for the second Pistol. Only LCAR and Combat knife left.

Not looking forward to getting knife kills. How am I supposed to get 5 kills without dying with this thing?

Also, trying to destroy Turrets and Talons, and man its very rare to find these things. Even in Domination where everyone usually rapes you in your spawn with hellstorms and lightning strikes. What are good modes to get these done quick?

Watch XclusiveAce's past broadcast on twitch where he did a knife only stream to get the Dark matter chamo. Its pretty insane.

I played a match of Dom last night where the losing team had a person go 75-15. They lost by 7 points. How do you play that well and still have teammates who don't cap/defend?

Most of the time I play the objective. I want to win. But I keep getting teamed up with either late-Christmas noobs or Prestige Masters who's K/D mean more than winning.

I'm so glad I aged out of the need to worry about KDR. I just play for wins at this point, I don't give a shit how I get them.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Silencer and ghost. Apparently not, I'll try it when I get on tonight.

It makes you invisible at all times? I actually didn't know that, and can't believe it hasn't been patched.

I know in competitive stuff you're not allowed to make an overkill VMP class because of that, and I think it's the only thing that's actually banned. Treyarch need to get on that already.

Top Bottom