• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just realized the replacer is the creepy dr. From until dawn heh

Uh... Did they do something to the "Hunted" map? Like... suddenly I felt there was way more details in the background and the lighting seemed a light brighter and such.

I noticed it too. My friends said they didn't notice anything different. -_-

SeanR1221

Man, now that all the dlc players are together, I'm getting shat on continuously. My K/D used to be 1.12 and now it's dropped to 1.08.

Skittles

Phazon, silver, if either of you are lurking right now i'm ready to play whenever. Any other gaffer is also welcome to join us for zombies on the new map

On Demand

Banned
Yes. The player base is fragmented. All different combinations of DLC owners will get their own separate player base.

If you want the DLC, you must get the $50 season pass because that's what the biggest DLC-owning fragment will be. Anything else will screw you.

Damn that sucks. That means even if a non DLC map shows up you're still playing with people who only have the DLC. Why couldn't couldn't it be setup where the DLC gets put with the main player base, and anybody who doesn't have the DLC maps gets automatically transferred to another lobby? Normal maps show up, everyone stays. That would make more sense than limiting players between who has DLC and doesn't.

I have the season pass. Your saying buying each DLC separates the community even more? So each DLC would have its own player base independent from each other? wtf.

Think I'm done with this game, I can't play any mode without crippling lag, nothing on my setup has changed I have an open nat but it's just a slideshow everyone in my lobby is constantly flicking between 1-4 bars.

I made mine better by port forwarding, even though my NAT said open. I want to try static ip at some point.

Boxcar

Neo Member
The new voting rules have screwed chaos moshpit. People don't accept anything less than nuketown and just leave after two games instead of playing safeguard on redwood or whatever. Then the lobby dies. Just give us the nuketown playlist back.

I have the season pass. Your saying buying each DLC separates the community even more? So each DLC would have its own player base independent from each other? wtf.

Season pass is the best option if you want the DLC, because that will have the biggest player base. When the 2nd map pack comes out, players will be fragmented to four parts:

- Base game only
- Game + DLC 1 + DLC 2 (season pass owners, the biggest DLC owner pool)
- Game + DLC 1
- Game + DLC 2 (this will be rare and causes you to find no games)

When the 3rd DLC comes out, there will be more fragments again. Every combination of possible DLC ownership will have its own fragment. Having the season pass is the correct choice here.

The new voting rules have screwed chaos moshpit. People don't accept anything less than nuketown and just leave after two games instead of playing safeguard on redwood or whatever. Then the lobby dies. Just give us the nuketown playlist back.

Nuketown is the only reason Chaos Moshpit even exists, you can't even see it in the playlists screen if you don't have Nuketown installed. It's a dumb attempt to force people to play other things when they could just play Nuketown, so if that was their goal they should just make Nuketown available on regular rotation.

shanafan

Popped in MW3 for old time's sake (it's one of fav in the series) and.. wow, IW loved putting chicken coops in the game, lol.

Dammit I just finished up assault rifles and now I am doing SMG's. I am doing so good with the kuda, way better then I thought I would. Man kill confirmed plus overdrive on nuketown is the best thing ever. Everytime that combo comes up I finish in the winners circle, when I am normally near the bottom most matches. Does anyone know why so many people dont collect tags? Every time I play KC there will be people with 30 kills but only 2 confirms. I just run around grabbing all the tags that people leave behind, it is such a weird way to play to me.

it's people who only care about their k/d and don't want to risk running out in the open. also they'll camp on the tag for cheap kills instead of getting it.

Daffy Duck

Ever since Tuesday Ive been lagging like crazy, before the maps hits - it was 95% smooth gameplay, now its laggy/slow and frustrating, before I usually always agreed on how I died and didnt blame connection but now its different.

I made mine better by port forwarding, even though my NAT said open. I want to try static ip at some point.

Got mine sorted by rebooting my modem. Thank god it was back to normal, no idea why it was so bad.

The new maps are piss poor; played splash, gauntlet and skyjacked. Skyjacked was ok, not as good as the original, seemed more cramped and cluttered. The other two seemed like miles and miles of mazey corridors, all close quarter affairs and no good long sight lines. Would be nice to have some maps that were bigger and open with some cover like MW, MW2 and BLOPS1.

Ridiculous amount of idiots jumping about with sniper rifles this morning , Trick shotters I imagine. Terrible lag aswell , wired connection 200mbps speed and no problems on any other game or device. Come the fuck on Treyarch.

Jrmint

I haven't played this game since about a month into release but I'm thinking of jumping back in.

Have there been any major balance changes I should be aware of?

someday

Banned
The new maps are piss poor; played splash, gauntlet and skyjacked. Skyjacked was ok, not as good as the original, seemed more cramped and cluttered. The other two seemed like miles and miles of mazey corridors, all close quarter affairs and no good long sight lines. Would be nice to have some maps that were bigger and open with some cover like MW, MW2 and BLOPS1.
Wait until you play Rise. It's not as open as older Cod maps but is probably closer than anything else in the game. I like the map but it has quickly become a sniper infested frustration in every mode. Safeguard there is probably the worst thing in the game for me right now.

Raptor

I'm playing gaf

Tried to join you but I just couldnt, dont know why it always gave me the "Lobby not joinable" :(

What do you think of the Man o war? Im trying it and seems fine, will add some rapid fire and High caliber and see if it beast some.

Cant quite find a weapon I can be at paece.

XR-2 is cool too.

Tried to join you but I just couldnt, dont know why it always gave me the "Lobby not joinable" :(

What do you think of the Man o war? Im trying it and seems fine, will add some rapid fire and High caliber and see if it beast some.

XR-2 is cool too.

Want to party up? I'm his brother. Admittedly, the MOW is a good weapon and I find that it can kill me quite often.

jorgejjvr

XR-2 is cool too.
Try razorback, perfect AR and smg hybrid, put rapid fire on it and you are golden

Raptor

Want to party up? I'm his brother. Admittedly, the MOW is a good weapon and I find that it can kill me quite often.

Yes, I will, now Im at work but later for sure, if I see you I join, I play whatever gamemode you guys want I have no preference, Im not that good though, I joined you some day before and you guys destroyed us badly lol.

Try razorback, perfect AR and smg hybrid, put rapid fire on it and you are golden

Razorback, alright I dont think I had tried that.

Ghazi

Something's up with the Razorback, used to be my favorite gun and recently I've noticed a significant difference in it. TTK seems longer and it has more recoil, I had to switch to the KN.

Hikami

Awareness nerf stuff:
13c11dccea.png

(farthest you can hear footsteps, supercrunch setting, enemy has no dead silence)
Red is the pre-nerf awareness range
Orange is the range after the patch
Blue is the range without awareness

Got it from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD9vBYPuYbE

Goes pretty in-depth, he does some tests against dead silence too.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I double dipped and grabbed this for PS4 but I'm getting really bad rubber band lag in most games, is this normal? It wasn't like this on PC. Fibre, wired connection.

Raptor

Something's up with the Razorback, used to be my favorite gun and recently I've noticed a significant difference in it. TTK seems longer and it has more recoil, I had to switch to the KN.

KN was my fav for so long but I find myself getting killed almost all the time by better setups, maybe with rapid fire on it, I dont know.

SeanR1221

That's what I was saying earlier. Even the Pharo seems worse to me.

Treyarch can't seem to stop fucking with balance. All they had to do was adjust the Vesper and the guns would all be fine. But nope, tweak everything. Don't let anyone get a feel for the weapons.

Raptor

Treyarch can't seem to stop fucking with balance. All they had to do was adjust the Vesper and the guns would all be fine. But nope, tweak everything. Don't let anyone get a feel for the weapons.

By the time I get a feel of them another patch comes and screws up and I have to start over lol.

Daffy Duck

I'm truly hating how much they tinker and tweak this game.

I double dipped and grabbed this for PS4 but I'm getting really bad rubber band lag in most games, is this normal? It wasn't like this on PC. Fibre, wired connection.

Yep first game for me on PS4 tonight on GW was like that awful, lobby ended up 6v4.

Backed out to get into TDM and it was fine. Both games were on a dedicated server I think, God knows what goes on with this game.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I think I'm giving up and going back to AW, I love the maps but the way the game plays is sluggish as fuck, and the hit detection is so fucked not even the kill cam know what the fuck happened and even I question my kills sometimes.

Top Bottom