• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

It's funny because every weekend they do a 2x event I hear the same complaint about stomping. Nothing has changed except for the fact that all the good people who were taking a break all come back for a 2x event

Servers perform way worse on event weekends like 2xp. I have very few connection issues until 2xp ect then I find tons of laggy out of sync games. It has nothing to do with good people playing.

How do people do the OHK challenges for the shotguns? I tried HC Dom last night with the Argus with fast hands and gung-ho equipped but I can barely get a single kill. I see an enemy I hit my trigger they also fire and I die every time before my gun even fires. I even have an elite controller with the trigger throw set to the smallest setting but it doesnt help at all. Is it possible to get OHK's with the shotguns outside of HC?

How do people do the OHK challenges for the shotguns? I tried HC Dom last night with the Argus with fast hands and gung-ho equipped but I can barely get a single kill. I see an enemy I hit my trigger they also fire and I die every time before my gun even fires. I even have an elite controller with the trigger throw set to the smallest setting but it doesnt help at all. Is it possible to get OHK's with the shotguns outside of HC?

Play to the shotgun's strengths. Try and get the drop on people when you are behind them, and try not to get sucked into ranges where the other guy's guns will do better. (Except for SMG's I guess, since that's unavoidable)

Also, try and play small maps like Skyjacked and Combine. And yes, you can get OHK's in Core.

It's both.

I was about to come back and edit my post and say it's not the good players who show up for 2xp. They are always playing the game that's how you get good.

The real problem is all the bad kids who don't know any better playing on wifi while people stream and download shit. Good serious players know not to play on wifi and how to setup a network.

Theoretically we should see better connections during double xp as a larger player base should give us more local players but I usually see the opposite.

Play to the shotgun's strengths. Try and get the drop on people when you are behind them, and try not to get sucked into ranges where the other guy's guns will do better. (Except for SMG's I guess, since that's unavoidable)

Also, try and play small maps like Skyjacked and Combine. And yes, you can get OHK's in Core.

Thanks for the reply. I dont think I could have taken another night of going 3 -31 in matches and shit like that. Hopefully core will better.

Only way you get the best connection in this game is to play solo and get connected to your region's host. That's almost always a guarantee youll get good connection but will get stuck with shit teammates so prepare to carry.
But if youre in a party then good luck, everyone being from different states/regions = lag central, lag compensation of peace, rage inducment....but youll still win if your party knows how to play.

Sorral

Thanks for the reply. I dont think I could have taken another night of going 3 -31 in matches and shit like that. Hopefully core will better.

The KRM and Argus(especially when ADS'd) should regularly OHK in Core within their ranges. I would not take them to hardcore seeing as almost all other weapons OHK in close to medium range in there.

Nabs

I need Treyarch to ban splitscreen online multiplayer on PC. I can't deal with another 1-18 and 1-24 co-op duo. I don't think I've seen two strong splitscreen players yet.

They also need to figure out a way to minimize the damage a terrible player does to the game. These 1-22 guys naturally gravitate towards my team.

Ghazi

Lag is really bad the last couple days. Gold on the Vesper is impossible post nerf, it kicks far too much to go for headshots.

Skittles

You are ADSing with the argus right? It's the only way it OHKs basically

Agent

Anyone else having problems with matchmaking? I was playing fine for most of the day and now in the last 30 minutes or so it is hard to get put into a game.

Mengetsu

Is it just me or did they change the button to release the clusters in the Hellstorm missile streak? I used to click in R3 to do it now it's R2?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Argus has decent one hit kill range in core modes. Just use Awareness and wait for guys to run around corners if you still have trouble with it.

Thanks for the replies. I am doing so much better in core. Got 20 OHKs with it in one match of safeguard on nuketown. Just wait in the house every time a red dot pops up jump out blasting. HC to Core is night and day with that gun.

Daffy Duck

Thinking about it, maybe it's the fact I am trying to grind dark matter and I am using the weapons I don't normally use that's the problem.

Couple that with the fact that when I get to the smg's I have no idea how they'll handle because they are always changing, I mean now it's probably going to be very hard to use the vesper after the heavy nerf.

GobFather

I'm new to black ops. But quick question. If I prestige my weapons without prestige my level (still at lvl 55). If I was to prestige my level in the future. Do I need to prestige all my weapons again? I know I have to unlock the weapons again but does it reset the weapons from pestige to.. 0 again as well?

Debating if I should do the level now that I prestiged a few weapons .. I don't mind if I need to unlock them again. But don't want to prestige weapons again.

Daffy Duck

No they are separate, your weapon prestige level will remain if you prestige your account.

Weapon challenges and camo unlocks do not reset either.

Oh wow, I didn't know this thread existed until now lol.

I've been enjoying the game (it's actually ny first CoD since Cod 2), got third prestige recently.

Calabi

This knife camos are driving me crazy, fuck this fucking game. The last camo and I cant fucking do it. So many times I miss or I'm an inch away when I'm on the 4 th kill.

Daffy Duck

This knife camos are driving me crazy, fuck this fucking game. The last camo and I cant fucking do it. So many times I miss or I'm an inch away when I'm on the 4 th kill.

Trying for bloodthirsties?

Use rejack, it doesn't disrupt your KS for knife kills AFAIK, unless it's been patched.

Metfanant

I'm new to black ops. But quick question. If I prestige my weapons without prestige my level (still at lvl 55). If I was to prestige my level in the future. Do I need to prestige all my weapons again? I know I have to unlock the weapons again but does it reset the weapons from pestige to.. 0 again as well?

Debating if I should do the level now that I prestiged a few weapons .. I don't mind if I need to unlock them again. But don't want to prestige weapons again.

Weapon levels, camo's, attachments, etc are completely separate from your rank...the only thing you have to do is get back to the required rank to unlock the weapon itself...

Go ahead and prestige..don't be that guy with 30k kills and still sitting at lvl 55

Calabi

Trying for bloodthirsties?

Use rejack, it doesn't disrupt your KS for knife kills AFAIK, unless it's been patched.

That's what I've been using. The knife just doesn't fit my playstyle(run around like an idiot and die alot). Five fricking kills though? why not four or three, they would be hard enough.

So I just found out that I cant possibly unlock and use everything in this game without prestiging. I think this is really stupid, and basically kills my interest in continuing playing the game.

How many times would I need to prestige in order to get enough tokens to unlock everything?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
10? hahaha.

Awesome thats so fucking dumb.

At the end of prestige 10, you hit max which unlocks everything. Before then, you'll never quite have enough tokens. You do get to refund all of your tokens once per prestige if you want to try new stuff though.

Ghazi

So I've managed to diamond for all the primaries but LMGs so far, which I only have the 48 Dredge. I'm reaching my final conclusions about the game, it's a good CoD game, but my hopes that this would be the one to elevate the series beyond mediocrity (MW2 was the last good one, imo) were disappointed. Which is a shame, because Zombies is really good. Multiplayer just has way too many issues for me to be happy with it.

Any advice for the getting Glitch kills and sidearm/knife? Those are really all I have left.

At the end of prestige 10, you hit max which unlocks everything. Before then, you'll never quite have enough tokens. You do get to refund all of your tokens once per prestige if you want to try new stuff though.

I personally think that is a horrible way to do things, but oh well.

Thanks for the info!

hitmon

Giving away an Xbox One Nuketown code. Hope I did this right.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

EfagyaM.png
Xbox One Nuketown Map -- MB-D4545520F29663E8

t1455503553z1.png

Top Bottom