• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

eek5

Would you like to play in a party with me? Or would you prefer some gameplay? That's actually happened before. It wasn't that long ago when Silver Arrows created a post, which stated that I should leave some kills for everyone else, and someone else also stated that they thought I was in a completely different bracket than them (if I recall correctly).

Also, that's not always the case. I admit that sometimes I'm against incredibly hard people, and sometimes I'm against complete noobs. However, the enemies in facing rarely determines how good I do or whether or not we lose. I'm sure that others on this thread who have played with me will agree that with competent teammates, I win nearly all of my games. I'm not trying to sound full of myself or seem selfish. Rather, I'm trying to provide a different perspective.

No. I was being completely serious. I've seen your gameplay. You're honestly the most skilled COD player I've seen. I've played with people half your skill level and the game plays way differently. I don't think you can blame your teammates. They're just trying to adapt to the black hole that's been introduced to their game and they're not used to how to adjust. Most people aren't OK with playing DOM where they only cap and hold a flag and get 3 kills the entire match so they end up doing stupid shit that they normally don't do. That's not a problem with team balancing. That's a problem that is specific to your skill level. Maybe you should play league or game battles or whatever the fuck it's called.

No. I was being completely serious. I've seen your gameplay. You're honestly the most skilled COD player I've seen. I've played with people half your skill level and the game plays way differently. I don't think you can blame your teammates. They're just trying to adapt to the black hole that's been introduced to their game and they're not used to how to adjust. Most people aren't OK with playing DOM where they only cap and hold a flag and get 3 kills the entire match so they end up doing stupid shit that they normally don't do. That's not a problem with team balancing. That's a problem that is specific to your skill level. Maybe you should play league or game battles or whatever the fuck it's called.

I suppose it's a mix of everything, as you were saying. Yeah, it sucks whenever my teammates don't perform too great, but that's the price someone has to pay in order to have fair games without SBMM.

What is the black hole that you're referring to?

Hmm, I agree with the point you're making. I understand if they're not doing well because I'm stealing their kills and score because our team is winning and the enemies can't capture a flag. However, I'm talking about when we're LOSING and I manage to get streaks that gives us full map coverage for at least a good 3-5 minutes, yet they don't try to capture flags (or can't defend themselves from one attacker that manages to slip by the streaks) whatsoever. Like, if the entire enemy team is dying left and right, why don't they triple capture to at least TRY to win? Almost nothing will prevent them from capturing, yet they're unable to do so.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose it's a mix of everything, as you were saying. Yeah, it sucks whenever my teammates don't perform too great, but that's the price someone has to pay in order to have fair games without SBMM.

What is the black hole that you're referring to?

Hmm, I agree with the point you're making. I understand if they're not doing well because I'm stealing their kills and score because our team is winning and the enemies can't capture a flag. However, I'm talking about when we're LOSING and I manage to get streaks that gives us full map coverage for at least a good 3-5 minutes, yet they don't try to capture flags (or can't defend themselves from one attacker that manages to slip by the streaks) whatsoever. Like, if the entire enemy team is dying left and right, why don't they triple capture to at least TRY to win? Almost nothing will prevent them from capturing, yet they're unable to do so.

I'm assuming the next best 2-3 players on your team are inside your Mothership, leaving the last 2-3 players to cap flags, or potentially running around looking for kills themselves.

Skittles

Honestly, we probably can't have proper team balancing unless SBMM makes it into the game. If you think about it, there might not even be enough skilled people in the lobby to divide between the two teams. Someone made a video with how they thought cod balances team and listed 6 people them from 6 to 1 on skill level. Since the game focuses on connection pretty much connection only when finding people. Their might be teams like this(still using the 6 to 1 skill ranking, 1 being the best).
Team 1:

Team 2:
What i'm trying to say is, there might not even be enough DECENT people in the lobby to split between the teams; due to connection based matchmaking.

I'm assuming the next best 2-3 players on your team are inside your Mothership, leaving the last 2-3 players to cap flags, or potentially running around looking for kills themselves.

That's a valid point. I'm not sure why they implemented that, when a single person (me) is enough. Since I've been on both the main and support guns, I can arguably say that the support guns aren't really that effective at all, they don't add that much to the streak.

Edit: Ready.

Jblanks

Fuck this game and their shitty fucking servers; can't even support a 2xp weekend, don't even have them if you can't support it.

TreYarch has been shit this past week.

Treyarch is the Arrogant Sony of this generation. They got cocky and overconfident with the success of BO2 and screwed pretty much everything up with BO3.

eek5

Treyarch is the Arrogant Sony of this generation. They got cocky and overconfident with the success of BO2 and screwed pretty much everything up with BO3.

Still #1 selling software for 2015 though so they fucked up straight into first place

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately. And supply drops sell like hot cakes. Which is also very unfortunate.

I think they're very popular on Youtube as well. Anyone who plays Call of Duty on there opens hundreds of these things each video.

Didn't have a problem with it at all until the latest dlc. It really sucks knowing there are a couple of guns in the game I may never be able to use just because of bad luck.

ryan299

Is this game unplayable for anybody else on x1? I keep getting constant connection interruptions. This is the only game that I have problems with.

On Demand

Banned
They made it brighter and changed colors and contrast to make people easier to see I think

It really messes with the original, better, lighting design. Like everything looks like a lamp is shining overhead. WTF Treyarch.

STOP CHANGING SHIT ALREADY

Kalentan

5-28
3-18
11-25

Man, fuck this game and it's shitty team balancing.

D-Do you actually like the game? I don't think I've seen any posts in here from you saying anything good. Not saying you need to like the game, but I get the impression your playing to hate on the game more.

On Demand

Banned

These motherfuckers are high. I'm expecting another unnecessary update soon that screws up everything some more.

Leave the game as is already. No more changing weapons, no more adding shit, and no more messing with image.

Wow.

5-28
3-18
11-25

Man, fuck this game and it's shitty team balancing.

It was a chore for me to get to lvl 55 on xboxone... man every lobby there are some killwhores that ignore the objective and just do respawn killing with fucking annoying killstreaks everywhere.

I miss the old games like 4 and World At War. 3 Streaks. Very simple and good to fight against.

BO3 was my last CoD. Sure its better than the last two games, but has its own issues i hate with a passion.

Every time I play this game lately I have bad lag and rubber banding. Most times I have green bars. My nat is open. Connection is good. No other games have problems. What's the deal?

Kalentan

Well, I finally beat the SP.

My thoughts?

Finishing it up knowing the twist, I think did help my experience. Yet I still can't deny the game has problems. It really seems like game's story and such crushed under it's own ambition. There's an awesome story in there but it's clear the writers at Treyarch were just... not there yet.

But I still liked it. The flawed monster it is. I still liked it.

Pros
+Unique Story
+Nice Additions (Abilites and such)
+Larger Levels
+Ambitious

Cons
-Underdevloped characters
-Twist is tucked away in pre-mission text
-Way too many enemies sometimes
-Frame rate is some of the worst in any CoD
-Weird pacing and general story issues

I think my Campaign rankings (of the games I've played), go like this:

(From Best to Worst, though I still LIKED all of them.)

Advanced Warfare
Black Ops 2
Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare
Black Ops
Modern Warfare 3
World at War
Ghosts
Black Ops 3

It's at the end of the dog pack for me... But, I still got to give the game some credit. It tried and failed, but jesus did the game try. I got to give it some credit. For sure was one of the more... unique shooter stories I've seen in a while. Maybe not unique in the history of Sci-Fi... but in terms of games? Not sure there is much like it.

Also the game shouldn't have been called Black Ops 3 imho. The connections to 1 and 2 were small at best and could have easily been changed to other things.

D-Do you actually like the game? I don't think I've seen any posts in here from you saying anything good. Not saying you need to like the game, but I get the impression your playing to hate on the game more.
Honestly, thinking about it, no I don't. I'm lucky I got it for a gift. I enjoyed AW because the game at least felt consistent. BO3 doesn't, at all.

I loved WaW, liked MW2, loved BO1, loved BO2, and even liked AW. This game just feels like the product of arrogance.

Honestly, thinking about it, no I don't. I'm lucky I got it for a gift. I enjoyed AW because the game at least felt consistent. BO3 doesn't, at all.

I loved WaW, liked MW2, loved BO1, loved BO2, and even liked AW. This game just feels like the product of arrogance.

Just curious, why do you still play and post here then? So many other games to play.

Cornbread78

Did they break the match making system this weekend on purpose to help the hardcore players stat p add with double XP? Every match, I went in (.75 k/d) it was like 2'4 negative guys and everyone else was way over positive...

I really enjoy this game but like anything too much of one thing isn't necessarily a good thing.

This weekebd I'll play but when Rocket League drops on XB I'll have a break for a couple of weeks and get back into it and hopefully continue to enjoy it.

CheezyMac88

AHZ4IdI.png
How does something like this even happen?!

Did they break the match making system this weekend on purpose to help the hardcore players stat p add with double XP? Every match, I went in (.75 k/d) it was like 2'4 negative guys and everyone else was way over positive...

no. people need to stop blaming things and looking for excuses every time they have a bad session. but hey, that's how call of duty fans are. complain about the same exact things every year. The spawns suck, the connections suck, the hit detection sucks, the matchmaking sucks. everything in the game is out to get me because I had some bad games. and of course, constant threats to quit from people who never quit.

such a terrible community this game has.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Man, the ICR jumps from near-worthless to excellent with High Caliber. Struggling to kill doing the no attachment challenge, but I ran some amazing games with HC attached. Add on long barrel and fast mags for good measure, and that thing can dominate. Head shots left and right.

Nearly unlocked the Hero armor challenges.

Skittles

no. people need to stop blaming things and looking for excuses every time they have a bad session. but hey, that's how call of duty fans are. complain about the same exact things every year. The spawns suck, the connections suck, the hit detection sucks, the matchmaking sucks. everything in the game is out to get me because I had some bad games. and of course, constant threats to quit from people who never quit.

It's funny because every weekend they do a 2x event I hear the same complaint about stomping. Nothing has changed except for the fact that all the good people who were taking a break all come back for a 2x event

Sorral

Was going to move to SMGs for a bit to work on camos, but man, they nerfed the Vesper so much along with some nerfing to SMGs overall.

Might have been already posted, but this reddit post has the nerfs/buffs.

Reaper's Scythe mag was at 200 bullets in the beta, then dropped to 160 at launch, and now it is 120. Right when I started using it. lol

Man, the ICR jumps from near-worthless to excellent with High Caliber. Struggling to kill doing the no attachment challenge, but I ran some amazing games with HC attached. Add on long barrel and fast mags for good measure, and that thing can dominate. Head shots left and right.

Nearly unlocked the Hero armor challenges.

Can always take the ICR to Hardcore for the no-attachments kills. I have been doing all of my weapons in Chaos moshpit/Awakening DLC though. Trying to do hero armor challenges at the same time as well.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

I don't play CoD as much as I do Battlefield, but I've invested a ton of time into Black Ops 2 and Black Ops 3. I played Advanced Warfare but skipped Ghosts, but I played a ton of Modern Warfare, etc. I can safely say, Black Ops 3 has the worst team balancing I've seen. This is the first CoD where I just rage quit due to how inept my teammates are. I mean, people literally going 2-20 and shit in one match. I can deal with the shitty spawns since it will never get fixed unless bigger maps are implemented, and I know hit detection and lag sucks due to Activision being chintzy with dedicated servers.

Dunno. I just think the complaints regarding team balancing and matchmaking rings true with this one.

tonight was the first night where i legitimately felt a consistent lagging stutter

fuck ALL that

never again

Same! I tried playing early morning, late night, etc. but all have terrible lag and stuttering. I gather, this is due to a ton of people playing or what? I checked my net and it's fine (well, fine as crappy net can be). I'll check again later but I won't subject myself to the torture of playing with stuttering. I get enough randomness with the game itself to even consider playing through that. Haha!

Actually got a tie in Domination, both teams had 100 points. Never saw that happen before.

I've seen this quite a bit myself. I wish Dom implemented Battlefield's CQ ticketing system when it comes to who's winning (in BF CQ, tickets are drained for the team which has the fewer flags capped).

Skittles

Didn't realize you couldn't reload the grand without emptying the clip first. That's quite the difference between the shieva and it. Honestly makes it kind of shitty and fast mags kind of shittu

Xbox 360 patch is out now

It's still broken... sort of. At least they're trying? :/

Hoping the finding of files relating to The Giant are true however. Might mean it's coming to both last gen and current gen for all players.

Also got a really laggy match just now :/

And Ante Up + Engineer and Care Packages is a lot of fun. Two times I got three Wraiths in a row out of care packages lol.

No_Style

I agree with everything you said but the last line. That's not what makes a community terrible. Whiny? Yeah but not terrible. I just chuckle at the stuff that people complain about though. The constant paranoia over skill based matchmaking is a hoot.

Top Bottom