• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

brau

I've spent the last 18 months or so playing Titanfall as my fps of choice, and having loved Black Ops 1 and 2 I thought it was time to dive back into Call of Duty.

Game is a lot of fun. Took a few games to get the hang of the controls, but once they clicked it just seemed to gel for me. I just need to drop the habit of pressing LB as soon as I respawn and throwing out my flash grenade.....old Titanfall cloaking habits die hard.

Just wish they'd fix the zombies matchmaking. For some reason i'm not getting any public games. Come on Treyarch, get it sorted!

Same here. The zombie mode didn't match for me. I just went back to more MP, and then tried the campaign with people. But the server i was on lagged quite a bit.

The Argus....

sweat-the-vote.jpg

j-wood

Promethans are 10x better in halo 5 than they were on 4. They redesigned them. I really liked the campaign.

Multiplayer is GOAT again. Based on what has been saodnin this thread I'm glad I went halo 5 over blops 3

Promethans are 10x better in halo 5 than they were on 4. They redesigned them. I really liked the campaign.

Multiplayer is GOAT again. Based on what has been saodnin this thread I'm glad I went halo 5 over blops 3

I'm the opposite. BO3 is the best CoD since MW2 imo. Shits all over Halo 5.

I really liked the campaign for AW but the multiplayer felt clunky to me. BOPS3 though I have clicked with the multiplayer straight away. Still feels fast and pretty smooth. Saving the campaign for co-op with some friends tomorrow.

ShogunX

Seems like people on the new beta dashboard are having problems getting Nuketown to show up.

Typically I'm one of them. Sucks.

aravuus

I'm so fucking bad with mouse and keyboard. it isn't even funny anymore.

time to setup my DS3.

Yeah lol I'm not very good either. Usually hover around 1.0kdr, every hundredth or so game I do really good and every other game really, REALLY bad.

Man, Call of Duty is still the only multiplayer game that still makes me shout occasionally. Not sure that's a plus.

Different strokes for different folks, but I have to say BO3 was the better purchase for me. Halo 5 is good, but the lack of social playlist and the smallish amount of maps made me sell it.

Yeah I think H5 will be better after Xmas. Forge, hopefully social playlists, implemented bans for quitters, BTB ect.

time to setup my DS3.

Haha me too! I recently built a gaming pc and I am havnig a hard time to readapt to mouse and keyboard. I got a ds4 and a xone controller so I guess I'll stick with that for now

Yeah I think H5 will be better after Xmas. Forge, hopefully social playlists, implemented bans for quitters, BTB ect.

Won't matter for me. Halo's aiming is too off for me to switch back and forth. Definitely want BTB, but it's so much of a shock to me to switch between that and other shooters. It completely ruins my muscle memory.

Haha me too! I recently built a gaming pc and I am havnig a hard time to readapt to mouse and keyboard. I got a ds4 and a xone controller so I guess I'll stick with that for now

Only reason I play my shooters on console. Don't like using controllers vs mouse and keyboard

Yeah lol I'm not very good either. Usually hover around 1.0kdr, every hundredth or so game I do really good and every other game really, REALLY bad.

Man, Call of Duty is still the only multiplayer game that still makes me shout occasionally. Not sure that's a plus.

You on ps4? I need more CoD buddies.

BokehKing

Banned
2 more hours before I get home and I'm going to try zombies solo or hop into the big giant map or the co op online or the mp or the arena

Too many choices

BokehKing

Banned
Won't matter for me. Halo's aiming is too off for me to switch back and forth. Definitely want BTB, but it's so much of a shock to me to switch between that and other shooters. It completely ruins my muscle memory.
That's my issue, 3 out of 4 games play the same

Playing the odd duck out is just not worth the adjustment to switch back and forth

nib95

Banned

Depends who you ask. I personally think Halo 5`s multiplayer is pretty average. Bad to mediocre map design, terrible spawning, weird aiming acceleration and deadzones, nade spamming galore, constant uneven teams and player drop outs, an over reliance on numbers and power weapons, a lack of content and the microtransaction incentivesing REQ system too. It's a very inconsistent affair. I planned for it to be my go to for the rest of the year, but I'm sort of already tired of it. Granted I have played it for like 20 hours already, and do know more content is coming.

Anyone having issues getting into a public zombies game?

It searches, but never puts me into a match

The MP is so fucking good. Most fun I've had on CoD since Black Ops 1.
My friend is having trouble connecting to MP and Zombies on his Xbox One. I've had one disconnect so far, FWIW.

Same issue, but on ps4

Gandalf

The MP is so fucking good. Most fun I've had on CoD since Black Ops 1.
My friend is having trouble connecting to MP and Zombies on his Xbox One. I've had one disconnect so far on PS4, FWIW.

Neofx

Anyone having issues getting into a public zombies game?

It searches, but never puts me into a match

Same issue, but on ps4

Can't get in anything multiplayer-related. When I finally find a match, it just stays at the player screen and nevers enters the game.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

The prometheans are so bad in 5. They soak up WAY too much damage and just are no fun to fight. The campaign is easily the worst in a Halo game. Multiplayer gameplay is really good but the map rotation and game mode situation is really bad.

Moofers

NO. It randomly dumps me into 9+ player lobbies that never start though. Are you on Xbox one by any chance? If so what OS are you on, Old or NXOE?
PSFjord, I'm afraid. I guess we give them a few days to sort it out.

Loving the zombie mode though. Looking forwrd to co-op!

neemmss

Great OT! One of my favorite ones made this year. Gives other OTs a run for their money.

Haven't had this much fun with a COD game since BO1. Didnt care for any of the ones after the first BO, but this brought me back! Just rediculous how much content there is.

On launch days like this I wait for the notification from Amazon that it was delivered, around 12 or 1 pm, then I take my lunch, put the disc in and get the updates and codes downloading. Now when I get home at 5 it will be all ready to go and I usually take the day after off to maximize play time but it's a weekend this time.

TheRed

time to setup my DS3.

It's time for you to get... The steam controller! Seriously it takes a bit to learn since it's so different but once you do it's amazing. I've only been playing with it and easily can play as good as anyone on m/kb. Much faster and more precise than a DS3 could ever be while still having the comfort of being a controller.

https://youtu.be/Xi7BOjzT1ks

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Hey guys I just bought a stereo headset adapter for the xbone for my pulse elites. I've read people say they can use the mic/headset no problem through the adapter, except my mic doesn't appear to be working.

Any thoughts?

Top Bottom